how can undo my preset first line indent on just the first paragra

how can undo my preset first line indent on just the first paragraph. i need
to have all subsequent paras indented. in my previous version of word when i
set this in 'special' indent, i could easily undo that on any paragraph by
using backspace. i am using word 2007.

Open your normal.dotx template from within Word (using the Open
command in the Office button), select the paragraph mark in the
otherwise blank typing area (Show Non-Printing Characters: Ctrl-
Shift-8), and apply the style Normal. Save the template.

The next time you make a new document, the cursor will be at the left
margin.

To automatically get indents on the next paragraphs, Modify the Normal
style so that "Style for following paragraph" is an indented style. To
Modify, type Ctrl-Shift-S, select a style name, and click Modify.

On Feb 11, 2:10=A0am, arnbold <arnb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> how can undo my preset first line indent on just the first paragraph. i n=
eed
> to have all subsequent paras indented. in my previous version of word whe=
n i
> set this in 'special' indent, i could easily undo that on any paragraph b=
> using backspace. i am using word 2007.

0
Peter
2/11/2010 1:10:24 PM
In the AutoCorrect dialog box, make sure that the "Set left and first indent
with tabs and backspaces" option is selected on the AutoFormat As You Type
tab.

To display the dialog box, click the Office button, and then click Word
Options. In the Proofing category, click the AutoCorrect Options button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"arnbold" <arnbold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how can undo my preset first line indent on just the first paragraph. i
> need
> to have all subsequent paras indented. in my previous version of word when
> set this in 'special' indent, i could easily undo that on any paragraph by
> using backspace. i am using word 2007.

0
Stefan

How can I change default setting in Office start-up?
I need to change the default setting on my Word, Excel and PPT programs (MS Office 2004) so when they open they aren't at, for example, Word 11.3.0, rather at Word 11.2.3. I mac OSX, a G5. When I do a control click on any of those programs, go to "get info" and then choose the 11.2.3 that I want to open with, it does it no problem. When I click "change all" it doesn't change the default -- the 11.3.0 is always the default despite that I'm trying to change all. How do I fix this? BTW this whole problem started when someone at the genius bar deleted one of the...

Can categories be backed up somehow?
I back up rules, etc., and got to wondering if there was a file that saved our custom categories list. TIA. StargateFan <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote: > I back up rules, etc., and got to wondering if there was a file that > saved our custom categories list. TIA. Start with this: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olcat.htm -- Brian Tillman On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 09:27:16 -0400, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote: >StargateFan <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote: > >> I back up rules, etc., and...

Can't open .pub files either
I have installed / unistalled / installed / uninstalled Publisher 2003 several times and have the same problems others seem to have. I can create and save a .pub file but cannot open them. Get the "cannot find file" message followed by the "cannot open" message. I have loaded the same Publisher program on another computer in our office and it works fine. To save time I should said ahead of time that we: DO NOT use Norton Antivirus DO use Norton Internet Securities which have been set to "allow scripts" Please help! If I cannot re-open and re-edit .pub fi...

can't read emails
When I do send & recieve it look like the mails go somewhere else but inbox, where they go? how can I see them? I know for sure those email where download from my server On Tue, 03 May 2005 07:34:07 -1000, emilio <emilio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I do send & recieve it look like the mails go somewhere else but > inbox, > where they go? how can I see them? I know for sure those email where > download > from my server What version of Outlook are you running and what mode (Corp/Workgroup, Internet Mail Only, etc.) do you have it installed i...

can I print selected cells only within a worksheet
I have designed a simple template using text only for a unique advice note. I want to be able to add variable information within this template but need only for the variable information to print onto a pre-printed advice note. I do not want to hide the template as I need to see exactly where to insert the variables but I do not want it to print. Anyone help? Thanks. Maybe you can use this ? http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "martin hanley" <martin hanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA062677-3...

How do I make two lines in one cell?
since you cant hit enter to make 2 lines in one cell how do you do it? Press alt + enter together. It's easy when you know how! :-) Alan P. "kpeters" <kpeters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAEFD0EB-26F1-4AAB-9D4F-86DF4E013B9F@microsoft.com... > since you cant hit enter to make 2 lines in one cell how do you do it? if you mean that you want to add more text into the cell, then increase the row height and "wrap the text" "kpeters" <kpeters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAEFD0EB-26F1-4AAB-9D4F-86DF...

how can I split a single cell diagonally in Excel 2000
Anyone out there know a way to split a single excel cell diagonally in order to have it contain 2 pieces of information? Forrest, As far as I know, you can not split a cell diagonally so that it can contain 2 pieces of information. However, you can merge cells which might give you the effect that you want. To do so, go to the standard toolbar and hit Format -> Cells -> Alignment Tab -> Text Control and work with the merged cells option. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Forrest" wrote: > Anyone out there know a way to split a single excel ce...

What does Rv: stand for in the subjetc line of an email??
Hi all, can anyone tell me what the Rv: stands for in the subject line of an email??? Fw: forward Re: Return Rv: ??? Marc Re: in some other language? (possibly Spanish) RE and FW are the English versions, other tags used include accept, decline and similar full words but only used for meeting invitations. Any other short tags are Re or FW in different languages. You may also see codes added by email systems for tracking purposes - this would include ADV (advertising) or SPAM. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 f...

Chart, lines drop to zero when no data entered
Have several charts that get the data from a master data sheet which gets its data from several other sheets, thus a linked formula is involved. X axis is for Jan - Dec. I only thus far have data for Jan - May. The lines on the charts are fine for Jan - May, but since there is no data in June - Dec, the line drops to zero. It make the production chart look like the person suddenly stopped working. I realize I can erase the formulas but this is not acceptable in that several people, not excel proficient, will be updating their own charts and printing them. I want the line to sto...

Can you change the way quick parts and/or auto text displays?
Is there a way to change the look of the drop down menu for quick parts and auto text so it does not take up so much space? Something like it looked in 2003? Assuming that you have discovered the building block organizer - see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Buiild_Employ_Custom_BB_Gallery.htm Like 2003 it ain't! -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<&...

Can publisher 2003 be installed on 2 computers?
I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? campfig wrote: > I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing > Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? Technically, Publisher 2003 can be installed on a desktop and a mobile computer (ie laptop). When you go to activate your second computer it just depends on whether or not you tell them it's a laptop. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com Windows Marketplace Moderator This...

Unable to to choose update stocks on line
I just upgraded from Money 2003 to Money 2004. When I go to update my stock portfolio all I cab choose is Ipdate quotes manually. What happened and how can I restore it? In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote: >I just upgraded from Money 2003 to Money 2004. When I go >to update my stock portfolio all I cab choose is Ipdate >quotes manually. What happened and how can I restore it? In any case, these are worth doing: In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. Then in Money do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepa...

Can't get Publisher to give "send as message" as an email option
We use Windows live Mail which won't work with publisher. So for the purposes of sending out an email I changed the default program to Windows mail But, under the option "send email" only the send as attachment option appears. I have changed the default program in Vista to use windows mail. Help ...

How can I add a CDaoRecordview and/or CDaoRecordset class to a project in VC2003?
Hello group I have a problem. I don't know how add CDaoRecordset or/and CDaoRecordview class to a project in VC2003. In VC 6 I know,but with VC2003 I do: 1. Click Project. 2. Add Class 3. Click Category/MFC -> MFC class 4. I don't see the CDaoRecordset or/and CDaoRecordview class in base class list. Please anybody, help me!!! Thank's in advance ...

can receive but not send 02-26-10
Help please... I can receive but not send messages from my windows mail accounts (2) Message appears as below.... The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'steveburgess12@bigpond'. Subject '',...

can someone help with this error?
Error: "The form required to view this message can not be displayed. Contact your administrator" One of my users gets this error when trying to open an email that originated from a yahoo web based email account. In her outlook inbox the email contains an attatchment to each forwarded message. It is when clicking to open the forwarded message that the error occurs. Note that this same email opens fine on other computers using the same version of Outlook. The 'original' message is several 'forwarded' messages deep and contains pictures. When I look at it my title bar ...

W32.Netsky.P@mm!enc can't get rid of errors
Can some one help. I have exchange 2003 with GFI mail essentials and security running and Norton corporate 10.0. I keep getting warnings of netsky being found in the mail queue and in the GFI security directories and norton sucessfully Quarantines the file. I have been getting these for a few weeks or so. Everytime I run a fix tool or full system scan it finds nothing. I suspect either someone internally has netsky worm I cannot find or someone outside has with the worm has some of my internal email addys. My question is how do I track this down. I am a bit of an exchange newbie so any i...

Exchaneg Resource going off-line
Hi, On one of my Exchaneg 2K clusters I am having a problem where the Exchange disk resource is failing for no apparent reason. Things are complicated as we are running Geocluster from NSI and I have logged a problem with them. In the meantime I am trying to checkm if there is an underlying Exchange config issue. The system is running EX2K Sp3 with the latest post sp3 roll up. Are there any other recommended EX patches I should have installed?, especially ones that would affect cluster operation. Regards, Gerry On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:40:50 +0100, "GJB" <GJB@lineondotn...

_T macro across multiple lines!
Hi, We have the _T() macro which is supposed to be used for ansi/unicode compilations with string literals. But how do you use it with strings that span multiple lines? Ok: CString str = _T("a short string"); No ok: CString str = _T("A long string I might " "want to break up over a " "few lines"); Thanks "markww" <markww@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155693172.252663.158120@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > We have the _T() macro which is sup...

Can I use MS Groove with my Macbook?
I have students using Groove for their graduate team work and the Mac users are struggling to stay up in my classes. Any advide about the Mac interface with Groove 2007 issues? You will get better results by posting to the groove newsgroup directly On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.groove -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Grooving Professor" <Grooving Profe...

Profile can not be removed.
There is a profile in my outolook whicj I wanto to removed and I can not do it. I reistall outlook 2003 and the problem presist. can somebody help me out? Jorge How are you trying to remove the profile? "Jorge" <jorgezalles@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fa7401c43e5f$5c2f3770$a401280a@phx.gbl... > There is a profile in my outolook whicj I wanto to > removed and I can not do it. I reistall outlook 2003 and > the problem presist. can somebody help me out? > > Jorge you can remove the profile by deleting all the outlook's files and at the registry...

I can't see the folder(Folder Container) in exchange server manage
I have four administrative groups (four sites), these sites are in different places, all of them are over Echange server Standard 2000. These server were migrated of exchange server 5.5. My problem is that i can't see the folder container in the console manager, in that way i can't access to the others options (view system folder) I install another Exchange server in order to prove this problem, but in this case the folder container were displayed. I hope your help. Thanks. ...

How can i create a 2-D stacked column within a 4 series stock char
I am trying to create an excel chart that combines the features of a 100% 2-D stacked column (for comparison of 2 variables) and the 4 series stock chart. I would desire to have my ideal chart being a 5-series stock chart with the data variables arranged as 'Volume1-Volume2 (stacked up as in 2-D column)-High-Low-Close'. This is slightly different from the current 5-series stock chart available in the excel spreadsheet. Can anybody help please? Thank you. Sincerely, Samuel See http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html http://peltiertech.com/Utility/ClusterStackU...

can you have sub parts relating to a line
when scanning drawing on to a worksheet, sometimes there are 10 or so drawings under the same no, is there any way you can only see the first one and then in some way see the hidden ones if they can be attached I would suggest re-wording this with some more explanation of what you are doing, how and what results are you getting that you don't want. How do you get 10 drawings from one scan? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 05:47:01 -0800, JJINTY <JJINTY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when scanning drawing on to a worksheet, sometimes there ar...

1st I read mail from my Inbox, then I can jot a note & a rule file
This is a suggestion, this feature may already exist in newer versions, I am using Office 2003. I like creating rules for Outlook e-mail so they go into folders but I tend not to read many of the ones for which I have created rules, they just go into the folders and then get old before I get around to reading them. What I'd like better is have all the emails initially come into my Inbox, read them from there, and then I can be given an option for Outlook to file the e-mail in an e-mail folder using a previously created or newly created rule. It should also give me an option t...