How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically

How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically?

What do you want to change it to?

On Jan 4, 12:00=A0am, Spacing after commas and periods <Spacing after
commas and peri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically?

0
Peter
1/4/2010 5:33:20 AM
You can't. Either press the spacebar as you type, or use the replace
function to add whatever spacing you want. Note that with proportionally
spaced fonts single spacing is correct.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

periods@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically?

0
Graham

Can you sort a column by text going right to left?
I am trying to sort a by column, but want the sort to start with the right side of the column-for example 1234gk-want to sort by kg4321 or really just gk, but I thought I could get right to left easier. I don't want to go thru the whole sheet to delete the numbers If all your data is in that format in an unused column you could enter the formula: =Right(A1,2) Then copy down and sort on this new column Hope this helps Rowan luvsdogz wrote: > I am trying to sort a by column, but want the sort to start with the right > side of the column-for example > 1234gk-want to sort by kg...

Changing zoom size default
I have an db developed in A2000 with about 40 reports. ALL reports open 100% in print/preview on machines running A2000 and XP w/all service packs. when I distribute the front end (user interface) to a station running A2003 all reports open as "Fit" and the users have to zoom to make them readable. The linked data tables reside on the A2000 station. I did a search of past posts to this newsgroup and it seems the solution is to put code in EVERY report. I hope someone has since figured out a better solution. Was the default for A2000 100% and the default for A2003 "Fit...

How do I calculate the change in stock price in excel.
How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. Put yesterday's price in cell A1 and today's price in cell A2. In cell A3 put the formula: =A2-A1 -- Gary's Student "Knowledge001" wrote: > How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. ...

Can't use Outlook
How can I cancel my account with Outlook? Because I can't use this software anymore we have installed Lotus Notes as a source of email and etc. Please notify me and let me know how to cancel this account. Please I counld go to far with it because I never knew the server to finish my account. Thanks Chuck OL only has accounts you set up Tools/Options/Accounts simply delete unwanted accounts. If you no longer use OL, uninstall. I'm assuming yr refering to OL not OLExpress Remember to set yr Internet Options to point to yr new email app David "chuck" <anonymous@dis...

2003 Money (Can I -) question
Is it possible to change or preset defaults for the drop down fields used to create new recurring bill under [Bills & Deposits]? For example; [Write Check] is the default in the payment method. I want it to be [Print Check]. [Monthly] is default for the frequency and I want [Only Once]. I would like to be able to set my most used selections as defaults. Thanks - Andy Nope. "Andy" <a1cotton@knology.net> wrote in message news:079b01c392c3$6cfe0290$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to change or preset defaults for the drop > down fields used to create new...

How to change appearance of the links, pointing to subdocuments in the master document
Hi, I want to change the appearance of the links, which are pointing to subdocuments in the master document (Word 2003). Specifically I want those links to look more descriptive with regards to their contents - specifically making those links to appear like those are entries in the Table Of Contents (like it would be looking if those subdocuments were just paragraphs in the single monolitic document). Please note that I DO NOT want to rename the filenames of those subdocuments - I just want to change the appearance of the links to those documents, in the way I already described above....

Excel keeps changing my formulas to include nearby cells.
Excel keeps changing my formulas to include nearby cells. More details ... -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "emeraldc" wrote: > Excel keeps changing my formulas to include nearby cells. ...

Excel should have a "Change Case..." menu Item like Word!!
See the subject, I know you can set up a formula to do it I want a button! PLEASE, for years I've just wanted to change case on the fly, YEARS! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3c7554c...

Can Publisher create professional books?
Hi, I've been told that Publisher can't really format professional books and to try a Tex variation. Wondering about opinions on this. I don't want people to be able to distinguish any difference between a book I publish and any other book in a bookstore. Also, what version of Publisher is recomended for this? I am using one for Win95 and it can't suppress headers on final pages, which makes for stupid looking end pages. Do later versions have significant improvements for the book publisher and what are they? Thanks for your help. Robert -- -- Robert Pearson ParaMind B...

how can i see my exchange mails from different ISP
hi, i have an exchange server 2003 with windows server 2003 my mails are coming to my exchange through smtp server on port 25 , my exchange is behind the PIX firewall my users can check their mails through MSoutlook 2003, OWA and OUTlook express internaly and can send mails to yaho, hotmail,gmail as well , so plzz tell me what i have to configure on my server or on pix so that my users can see their mails from home or different ISP plzz send me the full configuration because i am new to exchange . thanks in advance regards ALI You have owa already working. So, let the pix accept con...

Create an empty space within a report
I have a report that I need to create that will print on a very specific paper. The paper has 2 columns, and in order for the information to fit properly within the white space of the paper, I need to have a break of 1/2 inch every 2 inches. The report needs to go down and then across. I have Access 07, and really need help with this problem. SnowFox wrote: >I have a report that I need to create that will print on a very specific >paper. The paper has 2 columns, and in order for the information to fit >properly within the white space of the paper, I need to have a break of ...

Only one user at a time can access OWA
Using Exchange 5.5 SP3 on W2K. Only one user can log on using OWA at any one time. As soon as the first user logs out the next can then log on, but in a organisation of 1300 - bit of a problem. Previously we did have things working fine with Exchange 5.5 on WinNT but a hacking attack put paid to that system! Have run through MS trouble shooting but found no mention of this problem anywhere else. Any suggestions welcomed Regards Mike Cameron cameronm@queensbury.beds.sch.uk (Mike Cameron) wrote: >Using Exchange 5.5 SP3 on W2K. Only one user can log on using OWA at >any one time. As...

Publisher 2007 Can i make a calender with holidays already on it?
IS there a way to make a calender in Publisher 2007 that already has holidays in it? I have a no frills 2009 calendar on my website with the holidays. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm Scroll down a little. Adding holidays is a manual operation in Publisher. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jaci" <Jaci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BB20065-41A5-479F-85E1-C4E91112ECBD@microsoft.com... > IS there a way to make a calender in Publisher 2007 that already has holidays > in it? ...

Extracting Data in Cells in order -- (or) eliminating empty cell space in a column
Hi I have this problem that I bet is easy to solve, but i am lost. I am an expert at the slow way to do things, but maybe there is a better way. The only way I can describe the problem is by means of an example. Lets say I have a column of numbers: >_A_|_B_| etc >> 1_1_|___| 2_3_|___| 3_2_|___| 5_5_|___| 5_3_|___| 6_4_|___| 7_7_|___| 8_3_|___| 9_1_|___| and then i write a little function in the adjoing cell, B1: =if(a1=3,a2,"") From there I fill down column B to B9. OK, pretty simple so far, right? What I am looking for is instances where I find a '3' in co...

place a comma after every word
I have a list : car bar top list bin funny time this I need to have a comma after each word-- car, bar, top, list, bin, funny, time, this, Thanks You could try this: =CONCATENATE(A1)(", ")(A2)(", "), etc. Then copy column and Paste Values. -- moe10134 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ moe10134's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544460 for each c in selection c.value=c & "," next c to put to...

adding cross-functional flowchart changes page-layout
i would like to add to a "landscape" page a stencil>flowchart>cross-functional flowchart shapes vertical. when adding it the page converse automatically to a "portrait" page, while it should remain "landscape" the same happens if I add cross-functional flowchart shapes horizontal to a "portrait" page. it changes into a "landscape" page. can I avoid this? thx, kjetil I can't think of a way to avoid having the page orientation switch to portrait when you drop the functional band shape out and pick vertical. Visio automatically cha...

Changing to Outlook
I have been using Outlook Express and now have Outlook. Have been able to import address book and mail but emails are still coming to Express. How do I change things so they come to my Outlook inbox? Thanks You have to setup your account(s) in Outlook (Tools\Email Accounts in 2003) and then quit using Express. You can also import your mail, address book, and account settings from Express using the Outlook Import/Export tool (File\Import Export...). Afterward, you should delect your account in Express (Tools\Accounts\<select mail account>\Remove) so that you do not accidently do...

Automatically include new code.
It would be nice to have a dex.ini option to have the system not prompt when including code from a new (or updated) chunk file. This way we could push updates to our clients and not deal with the support calls (which we'll get even if we send out an email ahead of time telling them to click "yes" when prompted). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open ...

Changing Outlook 2002 email "From" field without the "on behalf of" text
I occassionally want to send emails from an address different to my standard email account. I'd prefer not to have to change the email account details on these occassions. I have the "From" field in my New Mail template which I populate with a contact showing the email address I want the email from. Unfortunately, when the email arrives it appears as From: [mailto:myEmailAccountAddress] On Behalf Of myDesiredTemporaryFromAddress I've searched my Outlook settings and the MS site but cannot see how to get rid of this undesired annotation i.e. "[mailto:myEmail...

Change Folder View When Using an Iframe to Display a Folder Contents
When an iFrame is being used to display the contents of a folder on a machine, is it possible to use VBScript to change the view of the folder? I've got a iFrame whose source is changed via VBScript, but when it changes the folder shows Icons. I'd rather view the folder Details instead. I don't know for sure, but I don't know of any way to access that setting in an open window. As personal settings they're not designed to be changeable by software. (Actually they're not very well designed to be changed by persons, either, but that's another story...

Automatically saving email
Does anyone know if it is possible to automatically save email address of out going messages in Outlook 2003 (IMAP). I know this function exists in Outlook express. Louise <someone@microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if it is possible to automatically save email > address of out going messages in Outlook 2003 (IMAP). I know this > function exists in Outlook express. See if this helps: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm -- Brian Tillman > See if this helps: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm I'm not really familiar with usin...

Automatically adding data between two dates.
I need to populate a series of rows between a start date and an end date. I am trying to analyze a group of monthly gas bills (84 in all) that randomly start and end on different dates. To complicate things the duration of the "days billed" change from month-to-month; -Some bills within the same month can span 26 days while others may be 35 days long. What I would like to do is populate a querie that has columns for the meter#, date, and average cost per day. Once populated I could sort out the date(s) that I need to look at. I have the data entered in a table t...

Where can I find a 2006 Business Calendar template?
I am looking for a 2006 Business Calendar template. The microsoft.com page has the 2005 Business Calendar online, but not the 2006 calendar. This shows the entire year on 1 page and is in Excel format. Thanks! Don't know which calendar template you are referring to but I created a rather flexible solution based -- rather loosely by the time I got done with it {g} -- on http://office.microsoft.com/en- us/templates/TC011585711033.aspx?CategoryID=CT011371131033 This solution allows any year between 1900 and 3000 and the first day- of-the-week can be any weekday. There is no code; ev...

Case being changed in table
I have a Text field in a table. It has no Format or Input Mask specified. When I enter Two Capital letters in a row (and more than three characters), something is changing the second letter to lower case. If I enter Three Capital letters in a row, then the second letter is NOT changed to lower case. How do I prevent this from happening? Example: I enter ABCtest, and I get ABCtest I enter ABtest, and I get Abtest.....THIS IS WRONG I enter AB Test, and I get AB Test It's the AutoCorrect options. Not sure what version of Access you are running, but in 2003, Select Tools - ...

cant send email but can recieve SMTP error
I have looked at other problems but there were many almost the same but not exactly. I can receive. When I send a message it gives me an error.. timed out waiting for SMPT client....check ISP.. I went into tools and checked the connections. Tested the lines and all was ok.. I diabled Norton email check.. I am running a windows XP with microsoft office professional edition.. We are trying to switch over from ACT!.. this is seeming to be frust rating more than helping.. please help.. thanks SMTP client? Does your SMTP server require authentication and is that configured in Outlook? &q...