When I highlight a word in and hit the Backspace key it will not delete the
word, this is only in outlook and word , however I can delete using the
backspace key using one key stroke at a time.

In Tools > Options > Edit, check "Typing replaces selection". (In Word 2007
this option is at Office button > Word Options > Advanced.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

backspace key not working correctly wrote:
> When I highlight a word in and hit the Backspace key it will not
> delete the word, this is only in outlook and word , however I can
> delete using the backspace key using one key stroke at a time.

0
Jay
3/26/2010 2:16:47 PM
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/UnableToDeleteText.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"backspace key not working correctly" <backspace key not working
correctly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I highlight a word in and hit the Backspace key it will not delete
> the
> word, this is only in outlook and word , however I can delete using the
> backspace key using one key stroke at a time.

0
Suzanne
3/26/2010 2:17:27 PM
Hi,

See
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement&tid=b6eb328e-f47b-445b-9778-4401bfa4232c&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"backspace key not working correctly" wrote:

> When I highlight a word in and hit the Backspace key it will not delete the
> word, this is only in outlook and word , however I can delete using the
> backspace key using one key stroke at a time.

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Word 2004 overriding global prefs
Okay.. PMG5 running 10.4.6. I have a problem with the default page setup settings in two limited user accounts (my own, admin account, is fine). As I am in the UK, the global default paper size is set to A4. All applications respect this - bar Word. Every time it's fired up, and a new document selected, the paper size is always US Letter. This does NOT affect any other Office application. I have tried trashing prefs - I've even removed (using the supplied removal tool) and reinstalled Office. My mother uses Word extensively as she works at home a good deal. She wouldn't ...

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

Budget Wont Save
I have have Money 2002 for awhile and have never been able to save a budget and start a new one. I decided to start over with a new file, but once I get all my info back in there, it still won't save. MS has no info in the KB about this. Anyone else have this issue? ...

opening a .docx with word 2004

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Macro

Using INDIRECT within functions

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

Office 2007 Templates & Themes
Is there anyway the content for Office 2007 at the MS Office web site could be made available to Office:Mac users. Currently need to have OGA validation via ActiveX control or from Office for Windows programs. Surely Mac users could be given access! Dave We have asked that question. We don't have an answer yet (at least, it wasn't "No", that would have been quick!). They are trying to work out how to let us in without letting in all the people using the competitor products. I think they will set up a mirror on the MacTopia site that will allow us to reach the ones tha...

How to use count for calls per hour

Changing the words "Sales Receipt" to "Invoice"
I cannot find how to change the word at the top right of our Sales document to read "Invoice" rather than "Sales Receipt". We bill out as a receivable for most of our goods and there seems to be some confusion with our customers. Thanks in advance for your help. -- Ron Moore Changing Sales Order to Invoice There is a receipt variable called "Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName" (in <SUB name="PrintTransactionType"> of receipt.xml)which returns the "default" name for the transaction based on it's type. You can replace this w...

Out of Office
I have a problem when I try to set up my "out of office" message. I use Outlook 2003 and have XP Professional. I do not have an exchange server so I have to emulate it - which I did. So.........when I leave for vacation, I have to leave my computer on and Outlook running to have the "Out of Office" message sent to any incoming emails. This seems crazy to me. I run a small business from my home - so what happens if the power goes off on the first day of vacation - then I have no out of office message going to clients. Is there any way around this?? Thanks in a...