hide hidden text from viewing

This is very confusing!  Where is the option to turn off the viewing of
hidden text in the document?
I selected a number of hidden text and now I cannot turn it off so that
others do not see it.

I would recommend that your new version of Word includes something useful
and easy to find in this regard!   Thanks.

There are (at least) two ways to unHide the Hidden Text: (1) with the
Show Non-Printing Characters command (Ctrl-Shift-8, or the paragraph-
symbol button on your toolbar or ribbon) and (2) a check-box in the
View Options. If (2) is on, (1) won't override it.

On Nov 25, 2:45=A0pm, Julita Haber <Julita
Ha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> This is very confusing! =A0Where is the option to turn off the viewing of
> hidden text in the document? =A0
> I selected a number of hidden text and now I cannot turn it off so that
> others do not see it. =A0
>
> I would recommend that your new version of Word includes something useful
> and easy to find in this regard! =A0 Thanks.

0
Peter
11/26/2009 12:05:33 AM
You have little control over how others view your document. Hidden text
display is a personal setting configured from Word Options > Display >
Hidden Text. A recipient of your document could just as simply turn the
display back on again.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Julita Haber wrote:
> This is very confusing!  Where is the option to turn off the viewing
> of hidden text in the document?
> I selected a number of hidden text and now I cannot turn it off so
> that others do not see it.
>
> I would recommend that your new version of Word includes something
> useful and easy to find in this regard!   Thanks.

0
Graham

Hiding a dropdown menu
Hello, I am stuck and would appreciate your input. I have an option button (Option Button 8566) and it is linked to cell T15 on SheetResults. When the first option from the option button is chosen and hence T15=1, Drop Down 573 should be visible. If T15 equals to anything else, Drop Down 573 should not be visible. I know I need to write a macro but I am not sure where to start. Any ideas? Many thanks in advance, Johanna try; Sub HideIt() Sheet1.Shapes _ ("Drop Down 573").Visible = _ Sheet1.Range("T51") = 1 End Sub -- Re...

DOS Console and Setting It Up for Text Completion, etc.
I'd like to set up the console, so the default properties allow me to use text completion, 120 character with by 200 deep lines, allow text completion and allow me to copy from the black window? What do I need to do? Some part of this has to do with Quick Edit, which is probably to turn it off. Have you checked the "Layout" tab in Properties? -- JS http://www.pagestart.com "W. eWatson" <wolftracks@invalid.com> wrote in message news:hevd9u$3ft$1@news.eternal-september.org... > I'd like to set up the console, so the default propertie...

viewing users emails
Hello i am admin of exchange 2k and i want to know how i can viewing users email from exchange or when a user send or recieve a email a copy of them forward to admin? thanks Use the archiving feature in exchange. You can set archiving to send all emails to one account, under the mailbox policy setting. Then I reccomend you make the account a pop3 account, so that it will not overload your exchange server with extra data. "kiarash" wrote: > Hello > i am admin of exchange 2k > and i want to know how i can viewing users email from exchange or when a > user send or rec...

Template "moves" when I add text
I created and saved a template in word. It has graphics elements on top, side and bottom. When I add text, the graphics slip to next page. It doesn't seem to work the same way a template does in PowerPoint. I even found how to anchor the graphic, but it didn't' anchor, i guess. Nevermind. I just moved EVERYTHING into header and footer and it seemed to work. "amelia" wrote: > I created and saved a template in word. It has graphics elements on top, > side and bottom. When I add text, the graphics slip to next page. It > doesn't seem ...

msgBox Text Truncating
Hello out there... Hope there is a solid reason for this happening, because I cant figure it out. I have a spreadsheet with a 'msgBox' that I want to use for an "About This Program" message. There are approximately 30 lines of text written into the Sub , but only 18 lines display when the control button is pressed. The rest are truncated. I'm about as much a novice to VB as one can get, so can someone clarify why this might be happening, advise on what I'm doing wrong, and how can I get all the lines of text to display. -- Regards... Hello It seems there defin...

How to view a DLL property page in VB6?
I have a communication device who's drivers have installed it as a comport device in device manager (which it should). When you view the properties of the comport device (double click the device as it is listed in device manager) a custom properties page is displayed for the device by an associated DLL for the device. I know this DLL is the property page because I've obtained that info from the description of the DLL on the vendors website. My question is, how can I run or view this DLLs property page using VB6? Maybe using rundll32? Thanks for any help. Gary ...

viewing free/busy across administrative groups
Hello. I am new to Exchange and was wondering if, by default, you are suppose to be able to view a user's free/busy time who is in another administrative group? also, what kind of configuration would need to be done to accomplish this? thanks for any help. Yes you should be able to view F/B info across Administrative groups. It should not require any configuration to accomplish this. Are you not able to see F/B data from this other user? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "yzt" <yzt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A26F46F6-CFC1-4589-933...

Notes preview option on notes view page
Is there a way to cause the preview (small triangle) to activate for all notes on the contact page? We would like to see a preview of all notes on the same page. Thanks for your help! ...

Hide New Template button in Campaign
Hi, Can I hide the "New Template" button that is present in Campaigns? If so, how can i do it. You can hide almost every single element on the page. However, this is unsupported way to achieve the result. First challenge is to find the HTML element id. Press Ctrl+N to open the current page in the new window, then view the HTML source. Search for the element id, then use the following javascript to hide the button. var el = document.all.getElementById('elementid'); if (el != null) { el.style.visibility = 'hidden'; el.style.position = 'absolute'; } T...

Why can't I find simple menu commands, like bold text?
Altho it was there before, the Word no longer contains menu options for common things like bold/ital/underline text and highlighting. Any ideas what may have happened and how I can fix? Which version of Word are you using? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "WyldWoodsWomyn" <WyldWoodsWomyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2556116-F44B-456F-816E-A432498D0DF2@microsoft.com... > Altho it was there before, the Word no longer contains menu options for > common things like bold/ital/underline text and highlightin...

viewing embedded images in email messages
I subscribe to some daily emags, such as the Wall Street Journal, and cannot view images that are embedded in the message. These are usually advertisements, but sometimes it's stuff I would like to see. What can I do? I'm using Outlook 2002 & have already installed SP3. ...

Microsoft Outlook View Control
I am searching for documentation and code samples for using the Outlook View Control on the web. I am interested in displaying multiple calendars, either separately or combined on my company intranet. I have used the team calendar within Outlook and it is not very stable. I have found very little information on-line. Here is what I have found. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en- us;q291407 Can anyone direct me to more information? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you ...

Hide "deactivate" option from More Actions menu
Hello, I need to remove the deactivate option from the More Actions menu from a custom entity we have called Inquiries...If someone could help point me in the right direction that would be great!!! I would recommend that you look into using JavaScript to do it. You need to find the Element ID using IE developer toolbar. then use you can the following code to hide it. Hopefully this will give you a quick start. Just FYI, this is not supported by Microsoft, it's on your own risk. var t =3D document.GetElementById(""); t.style.display =3D "none"; Darren Liu, Microsof...

trying to get active view pointer from cmainframe
hi group, i am programming a mdi application. in which i want the active view's pointer. so after searching i got this code on msdn. void CMainFrame::StepLine(CString Line) { //pView->HighLightLine(Line); CMDIFrameWnd *pFrame = (CMDIFrameWnd*)AfxGetApp()->m_pMainWnd; if(pFrame) { CMDIChildWnd *pChild = (CMDIChildWnd *) pFrame->MDIGetActive();//here it gives //assertion as given below if(pChild) { CTritonSpiritBoardView *pView = (CTritonSpiritBoardView *) pChild->GetActiveView(); } } } Debug assertion failed! Program: File:winmdi.cp...

2000 > 2003 Upgrade, now users can't view OWA HTML email.
My customer had a single E2k mailbox (back end) server inside the network and a E2k front end server for OWA in the DMZ. He has a PIX firewall. I upgraded the front end in place from E2k to E2k3 and replaced the back end server with a brand new server with the same name running E2k3. We are using the same IP address so the PIX did not change, nor did the MX records. Users are now able to come into OWA fine from outside, get validated, and read their mail, but any HTML formatted messages come up with a Page Not Found error both in the preview pane and if the double click the message. All ...

my project center view dissappeared!
Okay, I will start off by saying that I am very new to project server, and the only resource at my company that has ever touched it. On to the problem: so I wanted to modify the "Summary" view (my default view) under the Project Center so I went to Server Settings > Manage Views and added one of the "Available fields" to the "Displayed fields". I saved the changes and went back to the view but now the page shows up blank with no way for me to even select which view to look at?!?! What happened?!?! I went back and removed the one field that I h...

global text box changes in Excel
I've downloaded a 12-month-on-1-page 2006 calendar into Excel. Each individual date is its own text box. I would like to increase the size of the font for every text box. Is there a way to do it globally or do I have to change each text box individually? Try a macro like the following Sub IncreaseFont() Dim OLEObj As OLEObject For Each OLEObj In Worksheets("Sheet1").OLEObjects With OLEObj If TypeOf .Object Is MSForms.TextBox Then .Object.Font.Size = 16 ' whatever font size you want End If End With Next OLEObj End Sub -- Cordial...

viewing spending tracker in the register
I recall that in MS money 2004 the spending tracker would appear in the register against each transaction once a category was assigned to it. Is there any way to do this MS money 2006, or do I always have to click on budget to view the spending tracker? Thanks! ...

comment indicator changing the color or hiding the indicators
How can I change the red triangle to a clear triangle so it will not show up in the document. I still want the comment to pop up when i click on that cell. I just do not want the indicator to show. You can't do it so easily. There is a workaround: Tools|Options|View, set Comments to "None". To read a comment, RIGHT-click on the cell and choose "Edit Comment". (When done reading comment, click somewhere else, or hit Escape twice.) The comment will not appear when you pass your cursor over the cell; you have to know which cell to right-click. - David Giovanni wr...

how do I input text into excel worksheet cell?

Convert text to formula
Hi, I have a formula such as "=sum(Hello!A1:B2)", where "Hello" is spreadsheet. I have a column with all the names of my spredsheets and need to use the same set of formula referencing to all of them, one b one. I need to, either: Replace the name of the preadsheet by a cell reference so I can use th same fomula to call various spreadsheet. or find a way to convert a text into a formula - to do the above, I ca use the "SUBSTITUTE" function into my formula but this is then a tex and I cannot find the way to evaluate it (The INDIRECT function doe not work...) ...

How do I view 'notes' on my desktop when Outlook is closed?
I would like to place 'notes' created in Outlook and have them STAY on the desktop after I have closed Outlook. I hope to use them as reminders when I turn on my computer. Help! You'd have to minimize Outlook to keep the Notes around or keep Outlook running in some respect since without Outlook, no Notes. "MamaJune" <MamaJune@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F01958F-4F28-40E5-ABEE-2C3D50FE39FB@microsoft.com... >I would like to place 'notes' created in Outlook and have them STAY on the > desktop after I have closed Outlook. I h...

Output field as a text
Hello, I am new to access 2007, and need to do the following I have created a form and in there is a selection of check boxes. Simply put for gender if they are male check here felame check here trans-m here etc. I am trying to generate a report that lists by the id number as a text string, but I am getting out the option field output number 1, 2, 3, 4 etc How do I get this to be the text value, not the field output number Please keep it simple as I am new!! thanks It sounds like your check boxes are options in an option group bound to a numeric column in the form's underlying ...

Combining & formatting cells with text
I have imported data from another application, SAP, into a spreadsheet. There are 2 or more cells per row that contain text. I want to combine them into one cell with wrapped text to be able to read easier or I would like to export all of the text cells to Word without having it separated into separate cells in word. Any help would be appreciated. Bob In C1 enter =A1 & " " & B1 Copy C1 and(in place)Paste Special>Value>OK>Esc. Set wrap text on C1. Delete A1 and B1 if you want to. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:28:18 -0800, "Bob" &...

How do I unprotect a text box in an otherwise protected worksheet
I have many cells protected on a worksheet but also have a text box that I want unprotected. I understand locking or unlocking individual cells but can't find anything regarding locking or unlocking a text box. It appears as if the sheet is protected, all text boxes are automatically protected. Hi Gary, When you protect the Workbook, (Go to Tools, Protection, Protect Sheet) The protect sheet window will pop up, you should have some options to check or uncheck under "protect worksheet for". Un-Check the objects box. This will enable all locked cells to be protected, and ...