HIDDEN FEATURE?? Paragraph - not Justified, Distributed!

Just do a search on Google for -- Word 2007 Distributed paragraph alignment
-- or something similar.

If you do a normal Justified paragraph, the last line will normally NOT be
justified.

But if you hit CTRL-SHIFT-J, then the last line WILL be justified.

If I go to my Word 2007 Paragraph options -> Indents and Spacing -> General
-> Alignment, there is NOT an option for Distributed.

But if I have already chosen Distributed via the keyboard shortcut, then the
Alignmnent option shows as blank.

This appears to be a hidden feature of Word 2007!  I cannot find anything
about it in any Microsoft help, either within Word on online.

Any ideas why this would be??

Ctrl+Shift+J is assigned to the DistributePara command; it is used in some
Asian languages. See for example
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP052585661033.aspx ("Word features
for East Asian languages").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jpSQLDude" <jpSQLDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just do a search on Google for -- Word 2007 Distributed paragraph
> alignment
> -- or something similar.
>
> If you do a normal Justified paragraph, the last line will normally NOT be
> justified.
>
> But if you hit CTRL-SHIFT-J, then the last line WILL be justified.
>
> If I go to my Word 2007 Paragraph options -> Indents and Spacing ->
> General
> -> Alignment, there is NOT an option for Distributed.
>
> But if I have already chosen Distributed via the keyboard shortcut, then
> the
> Alignmnent option shows as blank.
>
> This appears to be a hidden feature of Word 2007!  I cannot find anything
> about it in any Microsoft help, either within Word on online.
>
> Any ideas why this would be??

0
Stefan
1/20/2010 12:56:46 PM
But it works fine in my US English version of Word 2007.

Well, the keyboard shortcut works, but not the dialog box.

So the features is in, and works in, US Enlgish Office 2007, (via the
keyboard shortcut), but it is not documented (AFAIK), and it doesn't work via
the dialog boxes.

Very very strange Microsoft-like behavior!!!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> Ctrl+Shift+J is assigned to the DistributePara command; it is used in some
> Asian languages. See for example
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP052585661033.aspx ("Word features
> for East Asian languages").
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Just do a search on Google for -- Word 2007 Distributed paragraph
> > alignment
> > -- or something similar.
> >
> > If you do a normal Justified paragraph, the last line will normally NOT be
> > justified.
> >
> > But if you hit CTRL-SHIFT-J, then the last line WILL be justified.
> >
> > If I go to my Word 2007 Paragraph options -> Indents and Spacing ->
> > General
> > -> Alignment, there is NOT an option for Distributed.
> >
> > But if I have already chosen Distributed via the keyboard shortcut, then
> > the
> > Alignmnent option shows as blank.
> >
> > This appears to be a hidden feature of Word 2007!  I cannot find anything
> > about it in any Microsoft help, either within Word on online.
> >
> > Any ideas why this would be??
> >

> .

I agree that it's strange that the shortcut is assigned even for those of us
who don't have installed Asian language support.

--

> But it works fine in my US English version of Word 2007.
>
> Well, the keyboard shortcut works, but not the dialog box.
>
> So the features is in, and works in, US Enlgish Office 2007, (via the
> keyboard shortcut), but it is not documented (AFAIK), and it doesn't work
> via
> the dialog boxes.
>
> Very very strange Microsoft-like behavior!!!
>

> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> Ctrl+Shift+J is assigned to the DistributePara command; it is used in
>> some
>> Asian languages. See for example
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP052585661033.aspx ("Word
>> features
>> for East Asian languages").
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Just do a search on Google for -- Word 2007 Distributed paragraph
>> > alignment
>> > -- or something similar.
>> >
>> > If you do a normal Justified paragraph, the last line will normally NOT
>> > be
>> > justified.
>> >
>> > But if you hit CTRL-SHIFT-J, then the last line WILL be justified.
>> >
>> > If I go to my Word 2007 Paragraph options -> Indents and Spacing ->
>> > General
>> > -> Alignment, there is NOT an option for Distributed.
>> >
>> > But if I have already chosen Distributed via the keyboard shortcut,
>> > then
>> > the
>> > Alignmnent option shows as blank.
>> >
>> > This appears to be a hidden feature of Word 2007!  I cannot find
>> > anything
>> > about it in any Microsoft help, either within Word on online.
>> >
>> > Any ideas why this would be??
>> >

>> .

0
Stefan
1/20/2010 6:26:53 PM
Agreed.

Could you drop by Bill's office and point this out to him?

Thanx!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> I agree that it's strange that the shortcut is assigned even for those of us
> who don't have installed Asian language support.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > But it works fine in my US English version of Word 2007.
> >
> > Well, the keyboard shortcut works, but not the dialog box.
> >
> > So the features is in, and works in, US Enlgish Office 2007, (via the
> > keyboard shortcut), but it is not documented (AFAIK), and it doesn't work
> > via
> > the dialog boxes.
> >
> > Very very strange Microsoft-like behavior!!!
> >

> > "Stefan Blom" wrote:
> >
> >> Ctrl+Shift+J is assigned to the DistributePara command; it is used in
> >> some
> >> Asian languages. See for example
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP052585661033.aspx ("Word
> >> features
> >> for East Asian languages").
> >>
> >> --
> >> Stefan Blom
> >> Microsoft Word MVP
> >>

> >> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

I'm not sure if you were being ironic with that suggestion/request... I'd
just like to point out that MVPs was *awarded* by Microsoft, but we don't
work for Microsoft.

--

> Agreed.
>
> Could you drop by Bill's office and point this out to him?
>
> Thanx!
>

> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> I agree that it's strange that the shortcut is assigned even for those of
>> us
>> who don't have installed Asian language support.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > But it works fine in my US English version of Word 2007.
>> >
>> > Well, the keyboard shortcut works, but not the dialog box.
>> >
>> > So the features is in, and works in, US Enlgish Office 2007, (via the
>> > keyboard shortcut), but it is not documented (AFAIK), and it doesn't
>> > work
>> > via
>> > the dialog boxes.
>> >
>> > Very very strange Microsoft-like behavior!!!

>> .

0
Stefan
1/21/2010 7:27:21 AM
And I don't think "Uncle Bill" does any more, either?

On Jan 21, 2:27=A0am, "Stefan Blom"
<StefanB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if you were being ironic with that suggestion/request... I'd
> just like to point out that MVPs was *awarded* by Microsoft, but we don't
> work for Microsoft.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>
> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLD...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > Agreed.
>
> > Could you drop by Bill's office and point this out to him?
>
> > Thanx!
>
> > "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
> >> I agree that it's strange that the shortcut is assigned even for those=
 of
> >> us
> >> who don't have installed Asian language support.
>
> >> --
> >> Stefan Blom
> >> Microsoft Word MVP
>
> >> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLD...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Peter
1/21/2010 12:50:36 PM
I was not being ironic. Of course I believe that every person who works for
Microsoft, or is tangentially related to them in any way, can just walk into
the richest person on the planet's office and ask him about some obscure
issue with one of the products produced by the company that he doesn't really
 run any more.

Good point.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" <grammatim@verizon.net> wrote in message
And I don't think "Uncle Bill" does any more, either?

On Jan 21, 2:27 am, "Stefan Blom"
<StefanB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if you were being ironic with that suggestion/request... I'd
> just like to point out that MVPs was *awarded* by Microsoft, but we don't
> work for Microsoft.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>
> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLD...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > Agreed.
>
> > Could you drop by Bill's office and point this out to him?
>
> > Thanx!
>
> > "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
> >> I agree that it's strange that the shortcut is assigned even for those
> >> of
> >> us
> >> who don't have installed Asian language support.
>
> >> --
> >> Stefan Blom
> >> Microsoft Word MVP
>
> >> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLD...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Stefan
1/21/2010 6:57:55 PM
Now THAT is irony. <g>

--

>I was not being ironic. Of course I believe that every person who works for
> Microsoft, or is tangentially related to them in any way, can just walk
> into
> the richest person on the planet's office and ask him about some obscure
> issue with one of the products produced by the company that he doesn't
> really
> run any more.
>

> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure if you were being ironic with that suggestion/request... I'd
>> just like to point out that MVPs was *awarded* by Microsoft, but we don't
>> work for Microsoft.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Agreed.
>> >
>> > Could you drop by Bill's office and point this out to him?
>> >
>> > Thanx!

>> .

0
Stefan

Distribution Lists #9
I have a distribution list that I send out. Out of the group that receives the mail I want to BCC one member. How can I set Outlook to bcc one member of the group? I'm using Outlook XP You can't. DL's are all or none. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Rick" <nospam@spamthis.com> wrote in message news:Ia3wb.9095$6c3.8619@bignews1.bellsouth.net... > I have a distribution list that I send out. Out of the group that receives > the mail I want to BCC one member. How can I set Outlook to bcc one member > of the group? > > I'm using Outlook XP...

Distribution account segments in SOP
Would like the ability to pull different GL segments from different sources rather than the entire account number from either customer or item in SOP setup. The segment ID by site feature works great; would like this type of functionality to be extended for other GL segments as well. PS. Solomon does this already, please add it to Great Plains. Thanks - Christopher L. Mast, MBA Echelbarger, Himebaugh, Tamm & Co., P.C. 5136 Cascade Rd., S.E., Ste. 2A Grand Rapids, MI 49546-3728 phone 616.575.3482 fax 616.575.3481 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micr...

How to use "Distributed(Indent)" ?
There is an option of "Distributed(Indent)" for Format Cells/Alignment. I experimented but it did exactly the same as "Center". Does anyone know what else "Distributed(Indent)" can do other than centering? Try putting a few words in the cell. Distributed indent spreads the words across the cell. Experiment with it. Does that help? -------------------------- Regards, Ron Microsoft MVP (Excel) (XL2003, Win XP) "churin" <churin@new.postalias> wrote in message news:extcFQgkIHA.3780@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > There is an option of "Dis...

Disabled Features
After 1 year some Money2003 features became unavailable, such as on-line stock price updates. Does anyone know if Quicken disables features after a fixed time period? Do later versions of Money automatically disable features after a while? I would have never upgraded to Money2003 had I known certain features would time-out after only 1 year of use. Thanks, Quicken does the same. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/sugge...

Distribution List #13
How do I create a distribution list? To create a distribution list, first go to your contacts folder (or click on file>new distribution list). Select create new distribution list. When the distribution list pops open, assign a name to it. Then, click on the "add members" option. Add members from your contact list. Click on Save and Close. Your distribution list is now created. >-----Original Message----- >How do I create a distribution list? > > >. > Which version of Outlook? See help, about if unsure. On 19 Apr 2004 11:30, "Benicia Rodrig...

Hidden attachment file
Hi all Why the attachment file that i received all become hidden ? ...

Using AD Distribution Groups for E-mail
Hello, Based on what I've read, it seems like I should be able to use Windows 2003 Server's POP3 service to get emails to a Distribution Group in AD. I have setup the Security Group in AD with an address like distrolist@myserver.local with an associated mailbox in POP3. I sent an email to the list but it's still stuck in the POP3. What am I missing? The correct news group. <g> Try posting to a group for your version of Windows Server. It is not a client side operation. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Money 2005 Premium Auto Balance Feature
I wanted to update my last post as I wasnt clear in the subject that this was a 2005 Money issue. Please note that there is an open case on this issue and it was duplicated by the techs at microsoft. The auto balance feature will not complete and a fault meassage ststes that the system is upgrading and to try again later. Later never comes unfortunatly. I have left my system open for hours without any sucess. So please if anyone knows how to fix this let me know. So far Money 2005 is a waste of MONEY!!! ...

Hidden ActiveX gets focus
Hi, i have a MFC CDialog that contains several controls and ActiveX'es. Depending on the configuration of the dialog, I have to hide an ActiveX (I tried different ways like ::ShowWindow(...) or ::SetWindowPos(...) etc. to do that). The ActiveX gets hidden as it should. Let's say, I have the following tab order: Edit1 (ActiveX) - Edit2 (ActiveX, hidden) - Button - Edit3 (ActiveX, hidden) I jump from control to control by pressing the tab-key. What I expect is that the focus jumps from Edit1 to Button and back to Edit1 and so on. But.... What really happens is that: - Edit1 is foc...

protect hidden columns in a shared notebook
I'm trying to figure out of there is a way to protect hidden columns in a SHARED workbook...i know how to when the workbook is not shared, but i'm wondering if this is even a possibility. ...

Unhide hidden sheets
I found that to unhide hidden sheets in Excel you have to do one by one or sheet by sheet. Is there a way by which I can a select more than one sheet to unhide and unhide them simultaneously instead of doing it one by one? Minos You always have to have at least one sheet visible, but you could use code like this: Option Explicit Sub UnhideAll() Dim wks As Object For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets wks.Visible = xlSheetVisible Next wks End Sub Sub HideSelected() Dim wks As Object On Error Resume Next For Each wks In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets wk...

Add user log-in/password feature to a web page using Publisher 200
I would like to have a "Members" tab on the first page of my Publisher 2003 document that I have created to upload to my website. Does anyone know if Publisher 2003 has the feature to create "log in/password" feature or is this a plug-in or third party application that I add to publisher. Thank you. Tom, Toronto Look to your webhost for password protected folders, pages or sections of your site. Go to the FAQs section or the support section of the ISP that is hosting your site, and look for directions. It will vary from host to host as to how you would implement ...

Return-path blank when sent to distribution group.
I'm trying to understand something with the return-path in the message header. Exchange 2003 mailboxes. Messages sent out via Exchange 2007 hub transport servers. Exchange 2003 mailboxes each have a contact in AD and their mailbox is configured to forward to the contact email address. When an individual email goes to the mailbox it forwards with no problem to the contact address. I can also see their mailbox email address in the return-path field of the header. It's not the original senders email address. However, when an email is sent to the distribution group...

Quick Search Feature in Outlook 2007 RTM
I can't get the quick search feature in Outlook 2007 to work. If I check the indexing status it says that the mailbox is fully indexed but when I type a search in the quick search bar it shows no results. I have the Office 2007 Pro RTM installed on Windows Vista RTM. I also get no email results when I use the windows search tool in Vista. The windows search tool does pull up all the other types of files just not email. Any ideas? ...

outlook 2003 user cannot see members of distribution list
I have an outlook 2003 user who, when clicking on a distribution list or an individual name in a received email; the dialog box appears displaying the properties of the person or group, but there is nothing showing up in the "member of" tab. this is the only user I have affected. any help would be appreciated. Normally when clicking on a user of group listed in the "To" of an email the properties can be viewed showing the groups the individual is a member of, etc. Have you tried creating a new mail profile for this user? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post ...

Access 2007 start page: featured online templates incorrectly displayed
Hello I'm running Vista 64bit with 8G ram dual processor AMD 6000+ I've installed and uninstalled office 2007/SP1 to fix an issue with the start page in Access 2007. On the page titled Getting started with Microsoft Office Access, the templates appearing under "featured online templates" are only visible as truncated text without the associated icon i.e. Per Cus Tim son t... e... al.... Still able to download the template, just the display is incorrect. All other templates appear to behave normally. The box at the bottom of the screen is somewhat greyed o...

Boycott Newsgroup as GP Suggesstion/Feature Request Portal!
Fellow Great Plains users, This newsgroup, since it's inception, has been used almost solely for peer-to-peer support. With Microsoft recently electing to use the primary Great Plains (and the other MBS product newsgroups) newsgroup as a Feature Request board, it is clouding messages from users who are trying to solicit support from other Great Plains users. Ask yourself, the next time you post a question/problem with Great Plains (or other MBS product), do you really want to wade through message after message of feature requests using Outlook Express? Probably not, nor do I. For t...

Distribution list #16
In Outlook Express can I send out a message hiding the other recipients names so it appears as a personal email. Jackie Graham <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Outlook Express can I send out a message hiding the > other recipients names so it appears as a personal email. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. (Hint: Bcc) -- Brian Tillman ...

Can I automatically have onenote index my paragraphs?
Some of my onenote pages are getting quite large. I can manually copy a hyperlink for each paragraph on the page and include that link in an intial paragraph on the top. Creates a simple table of context or index to all the paragraphs on the page. Can I have one-note do this automatically for me? If so, how? Thx, Perry -- pschmidt64 > Some of my onenote pages are getting quite large. Why not use the "subpage" feature? It makes ON far better usable if one does *split* pages and use a number of "subpages" for logically dividing the content. ...

Paragraph spacing of bulleted lists
I am trying to increase the paragraph spacing between my bulleted lines but want to keep the line spacing at 1 line. When I try to change the paragraph spacing, it accepts and displays the number I choose (e.g., 3pts, 6pts) but it does not make the change. What can I do to enable paragraph spacing between bullets? -- Mama G There's an inconspicuous box in the Format Paragraph pane for something like "Don't Add Space Between Paragraphs of the Same Style." Uncheck that. (Note that you're not limited to the Space After numbers in the dropdown -- you can t...

How to Change ITEM Average Cost in GP 10
How to Change ITEM Average Cost in GP 10 - while the feature disappeared from utility --> Inventory on release 10.0??? Inventory Tile, then from the desktop Utilities->Adjust Cost Or Microsoft Dynamics GP->Tools->Utilities->Inventory->Adjust Costs -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Mohamed Salah" wrote: > How to Change ITEM Average Cost in GP 10 - while the feature disappeared from > utility ...

distribution list 01-17-10
how can I restore a distribution list in contactsthat I inadverantly deleted Move it back from your Deleted Items Folder. -- Russ Valentine "mark" <mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD87682C-D228-4C3E-82CF-5A46BCDC1337@microsoft.com... > how can I restore a distribution list in contactsthat I inadverantly > deleted ...

How do I set up an undisclosed recipient distribution list
I want to send many people the same information, but I don't want them to know who I send it to.. Jayne <Jayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to send many people the same information, but I don't want > them to know who I send it to.. Put your addresses in the Bcc field. -- Brian Tillman ...

How do I turn on the autocomplete feature for email addresses?
I am a new user to Outlook 2000. I used Outlook Express previously, which had a feature to autocomplete addresses in the To: field, when you started typing. I'd like to activate that feature in my Outlook 2000.. outlook 2000 doesn't support autocomplete, only autoresolve. If a contact exists for the person, the name will be underlined when you tab out of the field. Outlook 2002 and 2003 do support autocomplete. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Ta...

Public Folder in distribution list #2
I have a public folder that needs to receive a daily newsletter from a newgroup. I set up the appropriate SMTP address on a distribution list, and then assigned the distribution list "Contributor" permissions on the public folder. I added the public folder to the distribution list (as well as one individual who receives it separately). When I send to the distribution list from an external account, I get a bounceback from the public folder SMTP address. Any ideas why? What version of Exchange? Why are you also using a distribution list? You can set the PF to receive mail dire...