Help Spell Check in Word 2007 Protected Documents

I have created a protected form and noticed it didn't spell check when I
tested as a user. I searched and found
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/SpellcheckProtectDoc.htm
I copied and pasted into VBE re-protected the document closed and opened as
a user and still unable to spell check. Is there something I'm missing.
Perhaps clearer instructions? Could someone please walk me through this step
by step? Perhaps I don't have a full understanding of Macros??

Note that you will have to run the macro manually, for example by assigning
a toolbar button. See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ikeyre" <Ikeyre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a protected form and noticed it didn't spell check when I
> tested as a user. I searched and found
> http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/SpellcheckProtectDoc.htm
> I copied and pasted into VBE re-protected the document closed and opened
> as
> a user and still unable to spell check. Is there something I'm missing.
> Perhaps clearer instructions? Could someone please walk me through this
> step
> by step? Perhaps I don't have a full understanding of Macros??

0
Stefan
3/24/2010 6:14:28 PM
Thank you,
I just realized the document is being checked, just not the text boxes.  How
do I get spell checker to work in the text boxes? I've used text control.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> Note that you will have to run the macro manually, for example by assigning
> a toolbar button. See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Ikeyre" <Ikeyre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have created a protected form and noticed it didn't spell check when I
> > tested as a user. I searched and found
> > http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/SpellcheckProtectDoc.htm
> > I copied and pasted into VBE re-protected the document closed and opened
> > as
> > a user and still unable to spell check. Is there something I'm missing.
> > Perhaps clearer instructions? Could someone please walk me through this
> > step
> > by step? Perhaps I don't have a full understanding of Macros??
>

> .

You are referring to text form fields? When the macro was created, content
controls didn't exist, so I don't know what effect (if any) the macro has on
them.

Note that for more specific assistance with the macro, you may want to ask
in a programming newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general.

--

> Thank you,
> I just realized the document is being checked, just not the text boxes.
> How
> do I get spell checker to work in the text boxes? I've used text control.
>
> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> Note that you will have to run the macro manually, for example by
>> assigning
>> a toolbar button. See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "Ikeyre" <Ikeyre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have created a protected form and noticed it didn't spell check when I
>> > tested as a user. I searched and found
>> > http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/SpellcheckProtectDoc.htm
>> > I copied and pasted into VBE re-protected the document closed and
>> > opened
>> > as
>> > a user and still unable to spell check. Is there something I'm missing.
>> > Perhaps clearer instructions? Could someone please walk me through this
>> > step
>> > by step? Perhaps I don't have a full understanding of Macros??
>>

>> .

0
Stefan
3/24/2010 7:35:31 PM
Yes I'm referring to the text form fields.  Good idea posting to the other
newsgroup. I did change the form from text form fields to Rich Text and then
the code from http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/SpellcheckProtectDoc.htm
and it seems to work by replacing automatically misspelled words for example
if you were to spell familey it would correct same as apperently would
correct it.  Thats the best I could do for now.  thanks for your help!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> You are referring to text form fields? When the macro was created, content
> controls didn't exist, so I don't know what effect (if any) the macro has on
> them.
>
> Note that for more specific assistance with the macro, you may want to ask
> in a programming newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Ikeyre" <Ikeyre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you,
> > I just realized the document is being checked, just not the text boxes.
> > How
> > do I get spell checker to work in the text boxes? I've used text control.
> >
> > "Stefan Blom" wrote:
> >
> >> Note that you will have to run the macro manually, for example by
> >> assigning
> >> a toolbar button. See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Stefan Blom
> >> Microsoft Word MVP
> >>

> >> "Ikeyre" <Ikeyre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>

> >> .
> >>

> .

I'm glad you got it sorted!

--

> Yes I'm referring to the text form fields.  Good idea posting to the other
> newsgroup. I did change the form from text form fields to Rich Text and
> then
> the code from http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/SpellcheckProtectDoc.htm
> and it seems to work by replacing automatically misspelled words for
> example
> if you were to spell familey it would correct same as apperently would
> correct it.  Thats the best I could do for now.  thanks for your help!
>
> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> You are referring to text form fields? When the macro was created,
>> content
>> controls didn't exist, so I don't know what effect (if any) the macro has
>> on
>> them.
>>
>> Note that for more specific assistance with the macro, you may want to
>> ask
>> in a programming newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "Ikeyre" <Ikeyre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thank you,
>> > I just realized the document is being checked, just not the text boxes.
>> > How
>> > do I get spell checker to work in the text boxes? I've used text
>> > control.

>> .

0
Stefan
3/25/2010 9:22:29 AM
"Do not check spelling or grammar" is the default setting for Text Form Fields.

This is what I found that worked:

> Unprotect the document
> Select all (CTRL+A)
> REVIEW tab > SET LANGUAGE in the PROOFING group
> CLEAR the DO NOT CHECK SPELLING OR GRAMMAR checkbox
> OK

Now you should be able to spell check text contained in the Text Form fields.

This is the macro I found years ago and modified to include the above steps.
 Note: The last line ("ActiveDocument.Protect Type:...") is from the time
when Text Form Fields were automatically reset when the document was filled
out, unprotected, then protected again. Probably not needed now.

Sub RunSpellcheck()
'
' RunSpellCheck Macro
' This macro selects the Speller's CHECK DOCUMENT to recheck the spelling,
' selects the entire unprotected document, applies English(US), then
' runs Spell Check.
'
    Application.ResetIgnoreAll
    ActiveDocument.SpellingChecked = False
    ActiveDocument.GrammarChecked = False

    Selection.WholeStory
    Selection.LanguageID = wdEnglishUS
    Selection.NoProofing = False
    Application.CheckLanguage = True
    If Options.CheckGrammarWithSpelling = True Then
        ActiveDocument.CheckGrammar
    Else
        ActiveDocument.CheckSpelling
    End If
        Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
    ActiveDocument.Protect Type:=wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset:=True
End Sub

"Ikeyre" wrote:

> Yes I'm referring to the text form fields.  Good idea posting to the other
> newsgroup. I did change the form from text form fields to Rich Text and then
> the code from http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/SpellcheckProtectDoc.htm
> and it seems to work by replacing automatically misspelled words for example
> if you were to spell familey it would correct same as apperently would
> correct it.  Thats the best I could do for now.  thanks for your help!
>
> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
> > You are referring to text form fields? When the macro was created, content
> > controls didn't exist, so I don't know what effect (if any) the macro has on
> > them.
> >
> > Note that for more specific assistance with the macro, you may want to ask
> > in a programming newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general.
> >
> > --
> > Stefan Blom
> > Microsoft Word MVP
> >

> > "Ikeyre" <Ikeyre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thank you,
> > > I just realized the document is being checked, just not the text boxes.
> > > How
> > > do I get spell checker to work in the text boxes? I've used text control.

> > .

Linked graphics into a Publisher 2000 document
I have a 400KB document (withgout graphics). I insert two JPEG images each around 200KB into the document. I figure the resulting document should be around 700KB. Result? An 11MB file. I delete the images (document is now 400KB) and instead insert the images using the "Link to File" option. Graphics Manager confirms that the images are linbked into the file. The size should not be more than 500KB. Result? An 11MB file. Question is how can I insert images into a Publisher 2000 documentr without the file blowing up? And why does it blow up? Regards, Richard. Richard wrot...

Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version?
I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I cannot find it. Where can I get one? There isn't one. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/422.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.tm81u5pvdvcnul@dikutoto.gv.shawcable.net... >I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I >ca...

Office 2007 trial is very slow. Is this because it's a trial
I just started using the trial version of Office 2007. It takes forever for it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine. Is this just because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the additional features? It's likely due to the expanded feature set and increased hardware requirement over Office 2003. rtappan wrote: > I just started using the trial version of Office 2007. It takes forever for > it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine. Is this just > because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the ad...

Can't edit print styles in Outlook 2007

Check correction patch for Microsoft Windows
--jgfiyombh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="kgqnlddpakhbjo"; type="multipart/alternative" --kgqnlddpakhbjo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="pdizbrrdstws" --pdizbrrdstws Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the securit...

Need help with formula 01-13-10

Office 2007 SP2
Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug? C. "Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:ejYOAzcyJHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to > each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug? > Nope - still there... -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level...

please help with this query

Send from Word
When I hit the send button in Word or Excell I get a pop up that say choose profile with Outlook in the drop down. That is the only name in the drop down. If I hit OK I get the following Message. The MAPI Spooler could not be started. Close and then restartall mail-enabled applications.MAPI 103 (0000004C7) If I choose to set up a new profile I get a Microsoft Exchange Setup Wizard. As I try to setup a new profile I come to the following, The following unrecoverable error has occured: The .DLL file for this service is either damaged or could not be found. Any ideas? Doug, What versi...

Embedding worksheet into Word
Has anyone had the experience where when they embed a worksheet into Microsoft Word, a portion of the worksheet gets cut off? Is there an easy fix to this? ...

Unable to repy using word editor
When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found article 284900, that states you may get this message when you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office 2000 does not exist, only office xp. Can anyone help me? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft...

Move pages from document to document?

unapply checks
hello, I have a client that applied checks to a wrong customer, how do I unapply it and apply it to the correct customer. Thanks, Scott This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C5ACAC.7041A5B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Scott, If a check was entered with the wrong customer ID, there is really no way to just apply it to another customer, since cash receipts are customer specific. There are 2 ways of correcting this, you pick: 1. void the original check and re-enter it against the correct custom...

Unable to add documents to My Recent Documents
Hello, Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied" message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab. Are you Right-Clicking on the Start Button and then selecting Properties from the list? If you select Properties then You need to select Customize from Start Menu Tab. Then from Advanced Tab you should ensure there is a TICK next to "List my Most Recently Opened Documents". hth Gary V wrote: > > Hello, &g...

Hyperlink File Help