Grammar check not working - Word 2007

Hello,

I am using Word 2007 and have a problem with grammar and punctuation errors.
I deliberately put two spaces between words, do not put space after a comma,
write long sentences and finish a sentence without a verb but the green
underline never appears. The spell check is functioning properly, no problem
with that. In Word Options > Proofing, "Mark grammar errors as you type" is
selected. I changed that selection and tried again but it still did not work.
I used different languages as default language but no change.

I would be grateful if someone could come up with an idea about possible
reasons and solutions for that problem.

Thank you in advance.

Corrupt inbox in Outlook 2007?
Very frequently, I'm in my Inbox and I see new mail has come in. On the mail folders to the left, I see the unread emails number continue to count but the messages don't show up. The only way to get them to show up is by clicking out of the Inbox to another folder and then clicking back on the Inbox. Whenever this happens, I also get error messages on startup telling me that outlook didn't close successfully last time. Any thoughts on either? Regards, Mark What OS are you using? This was a common problem using the Windows = Firewall in Windows XP SP-2. =20 --=81 Milly Staples [...

Word Quits when I close document window
I'm running Office:mac X on OS 10.1.5. When I close a window in word, it usually quits with an error message that says it quit unexpectedly and that other applications and the system are not affected. This also happened when I was running Word for Mac '98 on Classic 9.2.2, but not as consistently. Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it? In article <0aef01c3789d$3d5f4c00$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Liz" <S0journer@aol.com> wrote: > I'm running Office:mac X on OS 10.1.5. When I close a > window in word, it usually quits with an error message th...

Quotes in money 2007 stopped working
Anyone else having problems with Money 2007 downloading quotes? Mine stopped about 10 am. JC Same here JC. -Kevin "JC" <handccomputers@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1DC73822-FBAB-4E77-BC7B-F5B7556A4876@microsoft.com... > Anyone else having problems with Money 2007 downloading quotes? Mine > stopped about 10 am. > > JC ...

Office 2007 will not install on 1 particular Windows 7 machine
I have just performed a custom install of Windows 7 Pro on a computer that has been running Windows Vista Ultimate and Office 2007 successfully for several years. I had some trouble geting a stable installation of Win 7 but after an expensive visit to the Geek Squad, which determined that a particular Windows update was causing the system to crash, I now have a stable installation. (They disabled that particular update, too.) The problem is that I am unable to install any of my fully-licensed copies of Office 2007 on this machine, even though I have it running happily on two ...

Check out pack
--wswueplirfjllezb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vkjfbszjxu"; type="multipart/alternative" --vkjfbszjxu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="cbleozoz" --cbleozoz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your compute...

how do i see the numbers of pages at the bottom of my work sheet?
i used to see the page numbers at the bottom of the screen when i worked on a multi-page document, so i could easily move from page to page. now i have to go to edit- then go to page- which is very inconvenient. what happened maggiekins wrote: > i used to see the page numbers at the bottom of the screen when i > worked on a multi-page document, so i could easily move from page to > page. now i have to go to edit- then go to page- which is very > inconvenient. what happened ============================= View / Status Bar. -- ******John Inzer******** **MS Picture It! MVP** ...

Word 2007
I used to be able to open Word 2007 documents in Word 2003, taking advantage of the compatability pack. It is still installed, but I can no longer open the 07 documents in 03. Please advise what I should look for as a potential problem? Kelli "Kelli" <Kelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:329F6A40-4349-40A3-B495-48850535EE66@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to open Word 2007 documents in Word 2003, taking >advantage > of the compatability pack. It is still installed, but I can no longer > open > the 07 documents in 03. &g...

I can't set up Outlook in Office 2007
Office Small Business 2007 came installed on my new computer. When I try to use Outlook, it starts to configure, and then I get a message that "Connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or..." It then takes me to a menu "Microsoft Exchange" with a General tab asking for Name of Server and then Mailbox Name. I have no idea what to enter. So I'm stuck. Furthermore, it's important that I synch with my BlackBerry but it has to be done through Outlook, and that's impossible this way. PLEASE HELP! -- A moderately expert us...

Shifting my Office SB 2007 MLK OEM Software on another computer
Hello, I have MS Office SB 2007 with Office Professional 2007 Trail With MLK OEM Software License. I want to format that PC because I have some OS issue. How can I De-Active that license? can I use that License key after format that PC? Thanks & Regards, Hitesh Prajapati "Hitehs Prajapati" <Hitehs Prajapati@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0133EC1A-50F6-43CD-986A-71AD8E0320FB@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have MS Office SB 2007 with Office Professional 2007 Trail With MLK OEM > Software License. > > I want...

Checking for outgoing messages
How can I check the amount and the messages that are going to be sent out in exchange 2003? I want to know if some of my users are infected with a worm so I want to see if they are sending messages without them knowing. Thanks in advance. Jay ...

Frontpage required during Office 2007 in Vista
I have successfully installed MS Office 2007 Enterprise on Vista. When I opened MS Word files, everything looks fine. Typing in other language (Korean) forced MS Office to look up FrontPage and got an error message saying "Insert Windos Office XP Professional with FrontPage" I could not find FrontPage in the CD and could not resolve the problem yet. Welcome any idea of how to fix it, Thanks, Suggest you post to an Office or Word newsgroup or Forum - from your description the error may mention FrontPage, but has nothing to do with that program. No version of Offic...

Payroll should allow more than 1 check per employee in a batch
Payroll should allow more than 1 check per employee in a batch ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=76c225f0-aae0-4cf7-a778-71a2aa9797b2&dg=microsoft.public.g...

Office Tabs -
One chinese guy developed one application that creates TABs in Excel Word and PowerPoint: OfficeTabs. http://www.officedocumenttab.com/ Everione is using -> Microsoft should take a look. I think its not so hard to have something in the Office Pack. It would be very useful for everyone. thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestio...

[Announce] Stylus Studio 2007 Reviewed by CRN Magazine
[Announce] Dear microsoft.public.dotnet.xml, Stylus Studio ( http://www.stylusstudio.com ) was reviewed in CRN Magazine. You can read the article entitled "Create Powerful XML Solutions Without Coding" at: http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/dailyarchives.jhtml?articleId=193200228 In the article, CRN describes the program by saying, "There is little need to write code from scratch in Stylus Studio," referring to the new XML Pipeline ( http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml/pipeline.html ) and XML Publishing tools ( http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml/publishing.html ) that are ...

Need to up date refereences from Ofice 2002 to 2007
I had vs2008 and Office 2000 or maybe 2002 installed. I rebuilt my system and installed Office 2007 instead. Now when I try to compile I get the errors shown below. I guess I need to add a couple of references and do see many for Office but can't identify the ones I need. I also hav a sneaking suppesion it's not that simple. Can you help get this fixes? Warning 1 The referenced component 'Microsoft.Office.Core' could not be found. Warning 2 The referenced component 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word' could not be found. Warning 3 The referenced...

Is this going to work
Hi, I have a dedicated T1 which connects my LAN to the WWW. My exchange box uses this T1 as well. I just got an additional DSL as backup. So basically I now have 2 routers as gateway. Can I connect the DLS router to the same switch as my lan and exchange, then give exchange a second gateway and create a new MX record that maps to the DSL public IP? Thanks No. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB769181-B634-47B7-AFD4-AA3419C1548B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have a dedicated T1 which connects my LAN to the WWW. My exchange box > uses...

Spelling and Grammar Checking
The generally accepted, proferred, official acronym for the Department of Defense in the United States is "DoD," not "DOD." No matter how I try to change the dictionary and autocorrect settings in Word 2007 (and earlier versions) the DoD acronym is always flagged as either a spelling or a grammatical error. I can eliminate the spelling error, but when I do so the grammatical error is still detected and the grammatical rule that was supposedly applied is completely irrelevant to the situation. This is very frustrating. (Please test your suggested solution be...

Outlook 2007 hang on received external meeting request
Hello, If this meeting request is opened by the same user with outlook 2003 its opens without problem. Exchange 2007 SP1 Rolup 2. Thanks ...

Opening a Word document in Outlook 2003
Everytime I open a Word document in Outlook 2003, the word document opens up in a split pane and I have to click View - Normal to view the document the way I like. Is there a way to retain that setting so I don't have to click View - Normal each time? Hello Anthony, A> Everytime I open a Word document in Outlook 2003, the word document A> opens up in a split pane and I have to click View - Normal to view A> the document the way I like. Is there a way to retain that setting A> so I don't have to click View - Normal each time? A> Open Word 2003. Click Tools / Opt...

Excel 2007 formula, multiple reference range
Help. I am collating data from 6 facilities. I have one worksheet with 7 pages. The first is a summary of all data. The other 6 have individual data for each facility. On the summary page, I need a total number, pulled from all 6 facilities. On the facility detail pages, I have summed the occurrences in that facility. Now, I need a formula that will let me get a grand total. For example: pg 1 B5 needs to have the total from: pg2 K5:K100 if J5:J100 = pg1A5 plus pg3 K5:K100 if J5:J100 = pg1A5 plus pg4 K5:K100 if J5:J100 = pg1A5 plus pg5 SAA plus pg 6 SAA plus pg 7 SAA The reason w...

Spell Check Settings
Hi! I apologize in advance if this is something that is common knowledge, but I have not been able to hit on the magic Google word combination to find my answer if such is the case. I use Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 as my email editor. The machine runs XP SP2. All updates for all programs are in place. In my spell check settings, I have always had the settings set to check spelling before sending the message and to ignore the original text in replies and forwards. Recently it has started to check the original text as well. I have tried "cycling through" the settings (un-...

Check boxes to text 05-12-10
Is there any way that I can have check boxes automaticaly transfer their information to text? example: Check boxes = red, blue, green If you click the red and green check boxes, the title would be as bellow. Title on the page = Lable order for: red, green Thank you Again, what you ask is at present incomprehensible. If the link I posted earlier does not work for you then the alternative is a userform - For the basics, see Word MVP FAQ - Userforms http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms.htm for a more in depth explanation, see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_User...

edit footnote or endnote separator in word 2007
I've been using footnotes in Word 2007 on the document i've been writing. Suddenly noticed that under the footnote separator line- three empty line were added that I can't get rid of. Double clicking on them does not help as I they do not respond. i'm guessing the computer is associating them with the separator line so if anyone knows how to edit it in word 2007- please let me know. Thanks for the help, Yoash. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NoteSeparators.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://...

Receive mail stops working
After clicking send/receive download of email begins, after 10 have downloaded receive message "TCP/IP connection unexpectedly terminated by server. Account: mail account, POP3 server error number oxs00cccof" ...

My cropping function in Publisher does not work as described!Why?
The croppping function in my Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 Publisher program does not cut off an inserted picture properly. The size of the crop is accurate but the resulting picture inside is expanded and the result is not as I want it to be. What is wrong? Al O Crop your photo with photo-editing software then insert it in your Publisher document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Al O" <Al O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E65B108-E28F-4CBB-9525-571E7687D0E9@microsoft.com... > The croppping function in my Microsoft ...