Grammar check not working - Word 2007

Hello,

I am using Word 2007 and have a problem with grammar and punctuation errors.
I deliberately put two spaces between words, do not put space after a comma,
write long sentences and finish a sentence without a verb but the green
underline never appears. The spell check is functioning properly, no problem
with that. In Word Options > Proofing, "Mark grammar errors as you type" is
selected. I changed that selection and tried again but it still did not work.
I used different languages as default language but no change.

I would be grateful if someone could come up with an idea about possible
reasons and solutions for that problem.

Thank you in advance.