getting rid of paragraph markers in word

I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not
knowing what I was clicking.   They dusappear in "print preview" and do not
print.  How do I turn them off?  Thanks.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"sgsully" <sgsully@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not
> knowing what I was clicking.   They dusappear in "print preview" and do
> not
> print.  How do I turn them off?  Thanks.

1
Suzanne
5/8/2010 5:24:13 PM
WORD 2007

Try the following:-

Office Button (top left hand corner)

Word Options (lower right hand corner)

Display (on left hand side) then, on right hand side in:-

Always show these formatting marks on the screen

 - remove the tick (check) from the:-

Show all formatting marks

 - field.

Thanks.

"sgsully" wrote:

> I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not
> knowing what I was clicking.   They dusappear in "print preview" and do not
> print.  How do I turn them off?  Thanks.

Does Word have a command that compares to WordPerfect Advance?
I want to advance text to a specific position within the line that is independent of the number of characters that precedes it. Tab will not work as it measures from the preceding character. WordPerfect has a command: "Typesetting" "Advance" that I use for this. Is there a comparable command in MS Word? Word does have an Advance field, mostly for compatibility with documents imported from WordPerfect. If you use the \x switch, it will position the next character at the specified location. According to the help topic on the Advance field, the \x switch &qu...

2004 trial, how do I get rid of it?
My trial is over, and I want my Money 2002 back. Does anyone know how I can do that? The easiest way is to use control panel->add/remove programs to remove the 2004 trial pieces (there are two programs to uninstall). Then reinstall 2002 and use the backup file created when you first installed Money 2004 - it'll be named something like My Money.M10. Any transactions entered in the trial which you want to keep will need to be re-entered into the 2002 version, as you can't downgrade a file from 2004 to 2002. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.co...

reserved words
why can reserved words be used in a table in excel and not in acess? am using 2007, tested importing a csv file from paypal to acess and protested at the field names. fianlly can anyone recommend tutorials on youtube as comprehensive as excel is fun? thanks for the trouble. ged. On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:00:01 -0800, stressed windows user <stressedwindowsuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >why can reserved words be used in a table in excel and not in acess? am using >2007, tested importing a csv file from paypal to acess and protested at the >field names. fi...

Where to get missing msvcp70.dll?
After I uninstalled a bunch of software, when I run an app it says app failed because msvcp70.dll was not found. Re-installing that app does not help. I guess I need to restore the missing msvcp70.dll. What is the official way to get it? Some sites offer this file for download but I'm not sure the files are genuine. In my system32 folder there is msvcp50.dll, msvcp60.dll, msvcp71.dll, but no msvcp70.dll. It is not in the recycle bin either :( "james" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:#XS21G1gKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After I un...

get rid of macro option at startup
I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable or disable macros) when I open the file? Is there a way to get rid of this since I no longer have macros in this file? Thanks. Brad You need to delete the empty module.! Bill K "Brad Rench" <brench@comcast.net> wrote in message news:kSOdnb0Jjst9afaiXTWJkg@comcast.com... > I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. > > Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable > or disable macros) when I o...

AOL IMAP account
I have set up AOL email account as IMAP type and keep getting pop up in outlook " your IMAP server wants to alert you the following: Can't read attachment for message 6438. this pops up for many times and each time the number is different. new profile same issue. Office Version:Office 2007 Operating System:Windows Vista / Windows 7 - same issue. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently p...

Word 2007: word count wrong?
Hello, I have an issue with some .doc files when opening in Word 2007. In some cases the word count in the status bar is different of the word count of the "Word Count"- window (CTRL+SHIFT+G) or the word count in Word 2003 Example file: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=79595 Word 2007 (status bar) show 61019 words Word 2007 (Word count window) show 61010 words Word 2003 also show 61010 words This issue I have not with all documents, but only with some files and it seems that I have this problem only with .doc files but not with .docx files. (installed ve...

Exchange 2003 SP1 to get DST patch & Exchange 2000 patch is available to anyone for $4,000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C746B0.CFF31030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/hied_west_blog/archive/2007/02/01/dst-2007-updat= e-outlook-time-zone-data-update-tool-released-february-1-2007.aspx In the "New Highlights" section: "Exchange Server 2003 SP1 will now be = supported for an updated version of the Exchange CDO patch to be = released shortly." and "DST Hotfixes for products in Extended Support can now be purchased for = ...

Word 2008 keeps crashing
I recently purchased a Macbook Pro and installed Office 2008. Whenever I type in Word or copy/paste from another document, I either get an error that says "Insufficient memory" or the application freezes and will not respond. Is there something I can do or just have to wait for an update? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285228210_9363962 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/7/08 10:37 AM, in article ee8c846.-1@web...

Getting kicked of outlook2003
Every time I print directly after I get kicked offline Do you mean that Outlook closes? "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:150AB89F-0A3D-4D31-B2EF-0E3E1A852199@microsoft.com... > Every time I print directly after I get kicked offline No, It completely boots me off the network. When I loose connection to Outlook it takes my computer offline--looses connection... "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > Do you mean that Outlook closes? > > "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > ...

[ANN] "Bend Word to your Will" -- April 2005 edition free download
Dear all, THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS ABOUT A *NON-COMMERCIAL* RESOURCE BASED IN PART ON ACCUMULATED ADVICE FROM THIS NEWSGROUP The latest version of my notes on Word -- titled "Bend Word to Your Will" -- is now available for downloading from the Word MVPs' site, http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/WordMac/Bend/BendWord.htm WHAT IS "BEND WORD TO YOUR WILL"? "Bend Word to Your Will" is not a commercial product for sale -- it's free. It's a dictionary-style (mainly) set of notes on Word that I've been continually adding to and polishing for the past four year...

Word 2007 Error message
Hello, I'm currently using Works Suite 2006. I am attempting to intall the Word 2007 upgrade to no avail as I receiving the following error message: SET-UP ERROR D:\wordR.ww\osetup.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present I would appreciate any advice and/or suggestions so that I can install Word 2007. Ciao, Jerry Sorry Jerry but this is Microsoft Access forum. You need to post this question to a different group to find any useful help. "Jerry T" <Jerry T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45E64C3-D080-405E-9159-CB3E7F73AFFC@micr...

Help-- Having trouble opening Word & Entourage
I have to keep restarting my computer to be able to open Word or Entourage. The icons just bounce a little but won't open. I was getting a request from Entourage to rebuild the database which I did about 6 or 7 times. I got another warning which I ignored. I am on a MacBook Pro (Intel based). I am using office 2004. My Entourage database is 3.2 gb. I ran Disk Utilities a couple of times. I also had a problem a couple of times with FileMaker Pro but not sure if related. Thanks Christina On 22/8/06 20:01, in article 1156273266.788654.318170@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "...

Can I have spell check ignore errors and alert me to real words?
Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSXO" but show me "SPELL". No, there is no way of doing that regards, Peo Sjoblom "JenLynFish" wrote: > Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way > to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? > Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSX...

get rid of extra spaces between paragraphs worked only once.
Changed style from Word 7 to Word 3, used help online, but still have 2 left with spaces I cannot get rid of on my last page. Got any help for me? -- Only fools and bigots prefer French over Spanish to be taught in public or private schools. In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), right-click the style name and choose Modify from the context menu. In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, Paragraph. Make sure that Line Spacing is what you want, and that Spacing Before and Spacing After are both set to zero. Click OK. To transfer the style definition to the attached template, d...

Get firefox- The fastest web browser in the world!
FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web browser in whole world download now from site: http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ joke-master wrote: > FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web > browser in whole world > download now from site: > http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ > If you don't mind it's memory leaks. If you re-boot each day it may not be a problem for you. Al ...

Can we get newsgroups with Windows Live Mail?
Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live Mail" as they are in OE? Please help, Frank Newsgroups work virtually the same in WLMail as they do in OE. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:uybUM2d2KHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. > > How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live > Mail" as they ...

Sending multiple Emails so each person does not get the list
We want to send out multiple emails to several email accounts. We dont want the accounts to see the list of accounts that the email went to. How does one do this in Outlook? In any contacts folder, Tools | Mail Merge is the best choice. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tom" <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote in message = ...

see a sample breaking down a paragraph.to spreadsheet
New user, have a paragraph to put on spreadsheet,what-if analysis and chart. Have a chart wizzard, but have no idea how to out line the paragraph to put on spreadsheet. Roni henderson Woodchips@frontiernet.net. I'm not sure what you're asking or what version of Word you need instructions for, but I think this is what you want. Click, insert, text box on ribbon (2007) or view, toolbars, drawing, and click text box button (<=2003). Size and position as desired. Type in your paragraph. Right click on it and choose Format, text box or shape depending on Word version and set ...

How do I get outlook 2002 to stop forwarding mail to my blackberr.
I had my outlook e-mail forwarding to my blackberry through vzw.blackberry.net, but when I switched to a different cellphone, my outlook continues to try to forward my mail and sends out responses that the e-mail is undeliverable. How do I get outlook 2002 to stop forwarding my mail? "MSOB" <MSOB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6EC7EB6-1118-455E-AD62-6DE3D8A3A19E@microsoft.com... >I had my outlook e-mail forwarding to my blackberry through > vzw.blackberry.net, but when I switched to a different cellphone, my outlook > continues to try...

number of lines on a word document
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I want to produce a long, double-spaced document with the same number of lines on each page, not one that flips to a new page if the end paragraph is too large to fit. Can anyone help? Maintaining a constant number of lines per page is dependent on at least 2 factors: 1- Using the same font & font size throughout, & 2- Turning off Widow/Orphan control in Format> Paragraph - Line & Page Breaks. Due to the proportional spacing considerations of modern word processing -- which is more closely akin to typesetting than typewr...