Getting copied text to fill lines in a doc with standard margins?

When copying text from one document with smaller margins (eg. a 2 column doc)
into a word document with standard margins, is there a way to get the text to
fill out each line to the edge of the page, rather than only taking up half
the page and running down the left hand side?

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Carly" <Carly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When copying text from one document with smaller margins (eg. a 2 column
> doc)
> into a word document with standard margins, is there a way to get the text
> fill out each line to the edge of the page, rather than only taking up
> half
> the page and running down the left hand side?

0
Graham

Copy & Paste #3
What's wrong with Excel in office XP? When I copy information from worksheet and try to paste them in a new worksheet, Excel will paste whole different text in the new worksheet? Simply the original text will disappear and something new is created in the new worksheet. Is there some options that I should put on/off which would make this problem disappear? I hope that someone can understand this english. thank you! This is not a known Excel 2002 problem and I think it has something to do with your local setup. Try starting Excel in "safe mode" (from Start->Run type &...

how do I copy several lines of word text into one excel cell?
In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one excel cell. I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each line pastes into a different cell) You can either double click the cell or press F2 key to get into edit mode for the cell, then the text pasted would all go into the cell. -Simon "jhh" wrote: > In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one > excel cell. I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each > line pastes into a different cell) thank you SO much Simon CC - ...

curly quotes became straight, can't get curly bakc
something changed curly quotes to straight, and now I can't resume curly quotes. I assume you've already checked your AutoCorrect options to make sure replace straight quotes with curly quotes is checked, so let's look at the other simple fixes first. Have you recently changed to a new font? Some fonts don't support curly quotes. What version of Word are you using? Jerry "John Worsley Simpson" wrote: > something changed curly quotes to straight, and now I can't resume curly > quotes. And in some fonts it's really hard to recogni...

get xml option in data menu
i can't find the xml option in the data menu? any ideas? using office 2003 sbe. ...

text box filter by form
For some reason that I just can't explain, a text box on a form associated with a single primary key field behaves unexpectedly when I do a filter-by-form. Instead of listing all of the records from the source table as choices in combo box mode, I only see "Is Null" and "Is Not Null" as choices. I have an older form from another database that behaves as I hoped this one would, yet there seems to be no property differences between the two text boxes. Can anybody explain what I'm missing please? Having "Is Null" and "Is Not Null" as filt...

Excel crashes after copy and paste of charts
Hello, I am using Excel 2002 and Micsosoft Windows 2000 Professional. In my excel file I first create two sheets, one with only one chart an another with two charts, then copy and paste the charts into worddocument. Then I remove the sheets. I do this over and over in loop, and after about 60 times (this varies) I get the message: "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We ar sorry for the inconvenience" and then Excel crashes. Any suggestions about how to solve this problem? Thank you, Sir -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

lines on 2 axis
This works fine if you only plot 2 series, But how do you plot 3 series, 2 on Y axis and the 1 on the other Y axis ?? ??ian Hi, You can select a series and change the axis it is plotted on, depending on the combination of chart types. Check the Axis tab on the Format dialog that is displayed after double clicking the data series. Cheers Andy ias wrote: > This works fine if you only plot 2 series, > But how do you plot 3 series, 2 on Y axis and the 1 on the other Y axis ?? > ??ian -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Text to Columns 05-28-10
I have a column with the following data: A RUT 212874790014 Each cell has the word RUT, and the number changes, altough it always has 12 digits. I need to have the word in one cell and the number in another, so I use the text to column option. But when I finish doing this the result is: A B RUT 21,2875E+11 How can I avoid this, so as to keep displaying the whole original number in the cell? Thanks in advance. Regards, Emece.- After performing the text to columns, format the number column as 'number' zero decimal points. "Emece&quo...

text recognition difference b/w commercial and non-commercial?
I have OneNotes 2007 installed at work on Windows 7 and text recognition works. I have it installed at home (non-commercial) on Windows 7 and I do not get text recognition. Both are SP2. But they look different. Does text recognition not work in the non-commercial version? This is the only thing that make OneNote worthwhile as a tool for me. MarkC wrote: >I have OneNotes 2007 installed at work on Windows 7 and text > recognition works. I have it installed at home (non-commercial) on > Windows 7 and I do not get text recognition. Both are SP2. But they > look d...

converting to UNICODE, _TCHAR and TCHAR, writing text files
Hi, i'm converting a MFC application to support unicode. I have some (probably noob) questions: - What is the difference between the types _TCHAR and TCHAR ? I see some UNICODE applications use _TCHAR and others TCHAR. - I have to convert the way textfiles are written. These text-files are send to machines using parallel port, so they have to stay the same as before (when my application had no _UNICODE preprocessor definition). The commands that are used to write these files are fputs, fopen, etc. When changing it to support wide characters are the textfiles still the same? example (_U...

In excel can you select certain cells which contain the same text
If I have several cells with the same text in them can I filter these out and select them. I know you can do this for formula etc but can it be done for text? try data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "ade" <ade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:937AD9E1-668B-4E32-B194-29146DF0A60A@microsoft.com... > If I have several cells with the same text in them can I filter these out and > select them. I know you can do this for formula etc but can it be done for > text? ...

How do you create a line manpower graph?
Currently I am in the process of trying to build an exel graph with the ability to track manpower over the course of the fiscal year. On the X-axis I wanted to place weekly dates from 01 Oct 04 to 30 Sep 05. On the Y-axis I want the number of personnel available. I currently have a excel spread sheet that lists the name of the individual along with their start and end date. How can I enter this into a value that excel understands to create a simple stacked line graph? ...

Add vertical lines to a line chart (already has 2 Y axis)
Hi, I have a report I update each month. And while most of the information is based on numbers one of the series is a percentage, so has it own axis. I've set up the spreadsheet so that each week when data is added then another part of the spreadsheet shows it, this part of the spreadsheet only shows the last 28 weeks, so I have no need to change the cells the graph is looking at (since it always shows the last 28 weeks) The problem is that I need to have vertical lines to show different months. The closest i've managed is to put a seconardy X axis with gridlines for every mont...

Disk keeps filling up
Hello everyone... My Exchange server (Version 5.5) has a directory (Folder)... That keeps filling up with files and making my disk full. The folder name is: D:\EXCHSRVR\IMCDATA\IN\ARCHIVE I can't for the life of me figure out why... Can anyone help me? Just write2me@daleallen.com www.daleallen.com Thanks in advance Dale Allen CCNA, MCSE, CNE On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:50:24 -0400, "Dale" <banana_pages@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello everyone... > >My Exchange server (Version 5.5) has a directory (Folder)... That keeps >filling up with files and making my disk f...

payment by check
Hi! We take personal checks but I would like to add the drivers lincense number to the transaction as well. Anyway to add that just to Check tenders? Thx, Manny ...

automatically change text case on entry
I use the following code to automatically change the case of a range of cells to uppercase in Excel, which works fine. However I need some other cells in the same sheet to automatically change to Proper Case. Is there a way of adapting the following code to enable upper and proper case? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Range("H1,M5,O11,F7")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Value = UCase(.Value) End With End If ws_exit: Application.En...

copy format and formulas of one report to a second report
I need to copy a report to create a second report, and am looking to know how to globally change formulas to a different table/query. The fields in the two tables are identical, the data results are different. Example of a Current formula: =Sum(IIf([Customer Sat Results database]![The service or information you received was appropriate and help]="Good",1,0)) New report formula would be: =Sum(IIf([Internet Customer Sat Results database Query1]![The service or information you received was appropriate and help]="Good",1,0)) there are about 96 formulas t...

problems with charts copied into Word 2000
using Excel 2000 SR1 & Word 2000 created a simple chart in excel, copied it, switched to word and did edit / paste special - link when the chart is viewed in word (and after i've resized it) the rhs of the chart is truncated (about 2cm - compared to how it looks in excel) - moving the legend etc didn't seem to make a difference i've not seen this problem before and couldn't find anything in google groups that helped (still can't cope with the new interface!). any ideas? Cheers JulieD ...

Converting text to uppercase
This is Excel 2000. Cell C2 in a worksheet called 'NOTES' contains '34 West Street, somewhere-in-England' =UPPER ( NOTES!C2 ) is supposed to produce ' 34 WEST STREET, SOMEWHERE-IN-ENGLAND' In fact it gives: #NAME? What is going wrong? Have you spelt UPPER( correctly? There is no space before the open bracket. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 24, 3:53=A0pm, Alan Secker <a...@asandco.co.uk> wrote: > This is Excel 2000. Cell C2 in a worksheet called 'NOTES' > > contains '34 West Street, somewhere-in-England' > > =3DUPPER ( NOTES!...

Money 2002 (Standard V10.0) Password Protection ??
Hello; Is there a way to protect money file *.mbf using a password (general or exclusively for Money) ?? Money Help talks about using MS Passport, which if I'm not mistaken, is for on-line access to MS Communities. Correct ?? (That's what I've just done to access this discussion group to post my question!) Thank you. In microsoft.public.money, monir wrote: > >Is there a way to protect money file *.mbf using a password (general or >exclusively for Money) ?? Yes. You can put a conventional password on the file after you have removed the Passport. File->LoginLock...

Track Changes in 2007 deleting large portions of text
We have a document where 3 team members are making updates in revision marks. We are not updating at the same time. For some reason, huge chunks of text are getting deleted that were never actually deleted by any of us. It has happened to all 3 of us after we worked in the document. It is now the third or fourth time that I have had to go back and reject the changes for the sections deleted, and yes it does show my name or one of the other uses in the name of the person who made the changes. I can go in, reject all of the deleted sections, save the document, get out and get b...

Best way to get data from a string in to an array
looking for the best way to get the time values in to an array. I know of how it could be done using typical coding practices, but i know PS has a lot of power for doing things like this so i wanted to see what i could learn from you guys :) ## string sample Pinging 172.27.255.152 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 172.27.255.152: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=250 Reply from 172.27.255.152: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=250 Reply from 172.27.255.152: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=250 Reply from 172.27.255.152: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=250 Ping statistics for 172.27.255.152: Packets: Sent = 4, Rece...

changing text "AU $9.95" to currency "9.95"
Need to Change a text field of "AU $9,95" to a currency field "9.95" for calculation. many thanks Hi I'm not sure about AU currency types so you will / may need to alter the right number but something like this should do the job - make a back up first ?? SELECT Val(Right([TableName]![FieldName],4)) AS NewCurrency FROM TableName; -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Andrew Cheng" wrote: > Need to Change a text field of "AU $9,95" to a currency field "9.95" for > calculation. many thanks ...

Get your ideas on TV
Want to know how to get Free publicity and media exposure for your product, service. idea or cause? Learn what the pros know about getting on TV, radio, and in national newspapers. Never spend another dime on advertising, ever again! go to http://www.MichaelpHart.com ...

Can't get it to print different multiple pages
I am trying to write a 150+ page book using Microsoft Publisher. It is really neat - I am enjoying myself. However I can't get the print options to work correctly. My book settings are 5.5 X 8.5 and I am showing 2 pages at a time like a regular book - that is all nice - however when I go to print a few pages - it doesn't print two seperate pages on each 8 1/2 X 11. It prints the same page twice. ie if I wanted to print pages 50-53 (I expected 2 pages) the first page would have pages 50 and 51 on it and the second page I would have 52 and 53 on it. But I am getting page 50 ...