french accents in word and in outlook

I suddenly have a problem - when I try to type a question mark or quotation
marks, it types an accented letter. I'm working in Microsoft 7 and I've
checked the language in the control panel. I think I must have hit a wrong
key because this just started today, i had no trouble using these keys
yesterday.  Any suggestions??

Perhaps you have a laptop with a built-in International keyboard. If
so, somewhere there's a key that toggles between it and the normal US
keyboard. Locate that key and type it again.

Maybe you toggled/cycled to a different keyboard (by accidentally
pressing LeftAlt+Shift). If you keep pressing that combination, you'll
eventually get back to your normal keyboard.

If you're sure you have no use for extra keyboards, you can go to
Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options and follow the
buttons and tabs for deleting a keyboard (not for deleting a
language).

This is a Windows thing, not a Word thing.

No idea what "Microsoft 7" is. Perhaps either Windows 7  or Word2007?

On May 13, 10:20=A0am, idlewood <idlew...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I suddenly have a problem - when I try to type a question mark or quotati=
on
> marks, it types an accented letter. I'm working in Microsoft 7 and I've
> checked the language in the control panel. I think I must have hit a wron=
> key because this just started today, i had no trouble using these keys
> yesterday. =A0Any suggestions??

3
Peter
Language tab and select Details button.  Under the Installed Services you
will see the keyboard option.  There should be 3 entries, 2 Canadian and 1
US.  Delete both the Canadian ones and leave the US.  Ok your way out of the
control panel.  If you are currently in a document or email, you may have to
close it and reopen it before the setting will take place.
Hope this helps.
Diane

"idlewood" wrote:

> I suddenly have a problem - when I try to type a question mark or quotation
> marks, it types an accented letter. I'm working in Microsoft 7 and I've
> checked the language in the control panel. I think I must have hit a wrong
> key because this just started today, i had no trouble using these keys
> yesterday.  Any suggestions??
This refers specifically to _your_ installation on _your_ machine --
and you didn't even say which version of Windows you're using. Most
people won't see "Canadian" keyboards by default!

On May 13, 11:05=A0am, Diane <Di...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
the
> Language tab and select Details button. =A0Under the Installed Services y=
ou
> will see the keyboard option. =A0There should be 3 entries, 2 Canadian an=
d 1
> US. =A0Delete both the Canadian ones and leave the US. =A0Ok your way out=
 of the
> control panel. =A0If you are currently in a document or email, you may ha=
ve to
> close it and reopen it before the setting will take place.
> Hope this helps.
> Diane
>

> "idlewood" wrote:
> > I suddenly have a problem - when I try to type a question mark or quota=
tion
> > marks, it types an accented letter. I'm working in Microsoft 7 and I've
> > checked the language in the control panel. I think I must have hit a wr=
ong
> > key because this just started today, i had no trouble using these keys
> > yesterday. =A0Any suggestions??-
0
Peter