Formatting of Excel OLEs in Word is messed up after updating links

I have a Word document with multiple Excel objects pasted and linked to their
source files.  Every time I try to update any of them, they revert to their
original size they had when I first pasted them in, instead of the formatting
I applied afterward.

I've tried to fix this by editing the links, but the "Preserve formatting
after update" box is greyed out on all of them.

Is there another way to force these objects NOT to revert to original size
every time I update?  The way it is now sort of defeats the whole purpose of
linking them in the first place.

I've been having exactly the same problem.  I've managed to work around graphics resizing by placing them inside table, then formattinng the table with no borders.  This seems to work some of the time.

I've also tried changing the original to match the size I need, but less successfully.  My documents are saved on sharepoint, and I'm not sure if that's part of the reason also.

When pasting text links, I've pasted as Rich Formatted Text, and again changed the original to the right size and font and that's working for me so far.

Not good having to reformat all the time, am using Word 2007 and Excel 2007 and expect better than this!

James0007 wrote:

Formatting of Excel OLEs in Word is messed up after updating links
26-Feb-10

I have a Word document with multiple Excel objects pasted and linked to their
source files.  Every time I try to update any of them, they revert to their
original size they had when I first pasted them in, instead of the formatting
I applied afterward.

I have tried to fix this by editing the links, but the "Preserve formatting
after update" box is greyed out on all of them.

Is there another way to force these objects NOT to revert to original size
every time I update?  The way it is now sort of defeats the whole purpose of
linking them in the first place.

BizTalk Configure and Send SMTP Mail Based on Message Within an Orchestration
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/4e9e7c92-1279-4fdb-8631-a2f309a021c2/biztalk-configure-and-sen.aspx
0
Rich

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Address book updating...

Before Update on record select

Excel not Access

Excel 2007

Exchange update problem

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Grammar check not working

formula based on format

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Excel DNS query

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...

Excel Problem

formating date from general2 custom
I have an input xls file with the date but like this: Wed May 14 00:00:00 GMT-05:00 2008 I need to have just following format dd/mm/yyyy I tried to format it using Format->Cells->Date or Format->Cells- >Custom but this is failing. Nothing changed. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. Vlad <vladimir.vaynshtok@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1013b138-352b-4799-81ba-9508b74a1850@t54g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have an input xls file with the date but like this: > > Wed May 14 00:00:00 GMT-05:00 2008 > > I need to have just following format > > d...