Format page number in Words Document

Hi,

Appreciate if you can help me here.

I am trying to number my pages in my document a bit differently  using the
header and footer but I can't seem to  get around doing it.

Normally the page numbers will run concurrently in the header or footer as
in page 1,2,3,4...etc

But what intend to do is add page 5 (a) after page 5 and before page 6.

However when I do that under the header or footer  page 5 becomes page 5 (a)

How do I format this under the header or footer? Thanks

You will need to use the following field construction

{ IF { PAGE } > 5 { IF { PAGE } < 7 "5a" { = { PAGE } - 1 } } { PAGE } }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters and you use
Alt+F9 to toggle off their display.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Madhu" <Madhu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Appreciate if you can help me here.
>
> I am trying to number my pages in my document a bit differently  using the
> header and footer but I can't seem to  get around doing it.
>
> Normally the page numbers will run concurrently in the header or footer as
> in page 1,2,3,4...etc
>
> But what intend to do is add page 5 (a) after page 5 and before page 6.
>
> However when I do that under the header or footer  page 5 becomes page 5
> (a)
>
> How do I format this under the header or footer? Thanks

0
Doug

number rounding in MS Excel

multiple flyers per page?

printing 2 charts on single page

Word 2004 overriding global prefs
Okay.. PMG5 running 10.4.6. I have a problem with the default page setup settings in two limited user accounts (my own, admin account, is fine). As I am in the UK, the global default paper size is set to A4. All applications respect this - bar Word. Every time it's fired up, and a new document selected, the paper size is always US Letter. This does NOT affect any other Office application. I have tried trashing prefs - I've even removed (using the supplied removal tool) and reinstalled Office. My mother uses Word extensively as she works at home a good deal. She wouldn't ...

Phone Number Filtering

Fractions Number format

Roman and Arabic numbers in SEQ
Running 2003 on XP. Got a doc that has SEQ numbering. The code is: ARTICLE{seq level0\h\r0}{seq level1\h\r0} etc. to level 7 and the last entry is {seq level0\r1\*ROMAN) This displays ARTICLE I The next level down is has this code: {seq level0\c\*ROMAN}.{seq level1\r1 \*arabic} This displays as : I.1, with numbers until article five displaying as V.1, V.2, etc. I want it to display as 1.1, 1.2, etc. I tried replacing the ROMAN with arabic, but it didn't change anything. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Using reveal formating and styles, they are no styles...

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

opening a .docx with word 2004

Rounding Numbers #3

Macro

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

Date format 04-11-06

Auto calc YTD Numbers
Cells A1:L1 equal "Jan" thru "Dec". M1 equals "YTD". Cells A2:L2 equal numeric values. If you haven't guessed it already, I would like M2 to sum all the values A2:L2 for those months previous and including the current month (but not future months). What is the best way for going about this Here are 2 ways =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MATCH(TEXT(TODAY(),"mmm"),$A$1:$L$1,0))) or =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MONTH(TODAY()))) hopefully your computer's clock is accurate -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjo...

Sum a group of numbers
When I first started using Excel, if I had a bunch of different totals on a worksheet, I could hold down the right mouse button and cover the group I wanted to add. The sum of these numbers would appear on the bottom of either the worksheet or a task bar. I have lost the ability to do this. Or I have lost the task bar. How do I get it back? Hi Barbie, That would be the status bar. If it is not showing, go to View>Status Bar to turn it on. If the sum function is still not showing, right click anywhere on the status bar and select which option you want. HTH Martin "Barbie...

Formatting in CSV
Hi I create a Comma Separated Value file (csv) from my VB application, then open that file with Excel. Excel recognises the commas, and splits the records into separate fields as expected. Can I set properties for rows or columns or cells ? Like bolding, or font size, etc. Thanks Robert -- RobertLees ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RobertLees's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26580 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486488 Yes. Even though the .csv file contains no fo...