Font dosen't revert back to original after typing in date

Example  I n my text I type I have  December 28th The th automatically
reduces to a much smaller font and once you hit the sapce bar to continue it
reverts back to the larger font. It only does this some of times, why is this
being so inconsistent?. I refortmated my comp. last week and when I
reinstalled office I was hoping this inconsistent problem would have been
resloved, but no

2nd question please.  When I post a question in "discussion group" and check
the box   "Notify me of Replies"   I never receice a reply to my question I
then have to go back to the site and search my question. Trouble shooting I
have done  I have deleted my profile and entered a new e-mail address and
still no response . Can you tell me  who I might contact to help me with this
problem please???

--
Microsoft Office 2003 Version
Students and Teachers Edition

Thank-you
Happy New Year  Hope you find those winning numbers to the Lotto
Carl R

The superscript autoformatting of date ordinals is controlled by the
autoformat as you type settings. Why it should format and then revert is not
clear. Do you have any add-ins that might interfere with the process? Try
renaming the Word data key in the registry - see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541

The Microsoft web portal to the newsgroups is frankly crap. It rarely works
properly and sending notification of replies hasn't worked for a while.
Either use Google groups to locate your posts, or better still see
http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm   Enjoy that ease of use before Microsoft
takes it away.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Carl R" <ritcey@clearwire.net> wrote in message
> Example  I n my text I type I have  December 28th The th automatically
> reduces to a much smaller font and once you hit the sapce bar to continue
> it
> reverts back to the larger font. It only does this some of times, why is
> this
> being so inconsistent?. I refortmated my comp. last week and when I
> reinstalled office I was hoping this inconsistent problem would have been
> resloved, but no
>
> 2nd question please.  When I post a question in "discussion group" and
> check
> the box   "Notify me of Replies"   I never receice a reply to my question
> then have to go back to the site and search my question. Trouble shooting
> have done  I have deleted my profile and entered a new e-mail address and
> still no response . Can you tell me  who I might contact to help me with
> this
> problem please???
>
> --
> Microsoft Office 2003 Version
> Students and Teachers Edition
> Windows Vista Home Premium
>
> Thank-you
> Happy New Year  Hope you find those winning numbers to the Lotto
> Carl R

0
Graham

Problem with Date Manipulation
Okay.. Im not a kid, 36, been working with excel for years & last year did up to intermediate courses in Access. However, that being said because you guys are very keen in here, so I dont want to sound stupid, whilst my understanding on alot of excel is generally on the layman terms! Heres my problem. Im making a simple spreadsheet. I have a widget that enters my facility on one date, it then exits another. I know by setting up EXIT - ENTER = DAYS I have my duration in the facility. BUT---> I dont want the weekends to count as days! Material arrives every weekday & exits the...

Backing up contacts in outlook 2003
Can anyone tell me how to backup contacts in outlook. Have to reinstall my OS and want to save them Save your Outlook Data File (Personal Folders File) and reuse it after you reinstall. It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <jhapoienu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:49f901c3ffb7$8ff238a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to backup contacts in outlook. > Have to reinstall my OS and want to save them jhap...

Back up failing due to corrupt email
Hello, I have been having an issue with backing up using Veritas ver 10d on an SBS2003 server. Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe000fe2d - The backup of the item is bad. Final error category: Resource Errors It appears the back up is failing due to several delivery status notifiations that are corrupt. How can I remove these files and have our back up complete other then modifying veritas registry key. Can I remove these files manually? WARNING: "\\servername\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Administrator [administrator]Top of Information StoreSync IssuesServer FailuresŒ...

Calculating totals by month from whole date
I'm trying to figure out the proper calculation to pull totals by dat in Excel. Here's my problem: I have a workbook with 2 worksheets; one is the main data, the other i the statistics from the main data. Within the main data, there is column titled "date paid" and another column titled "total paid" (ther are a bunch more columns, but they don't matter for this problem). Th "date paid" column will contain dates such as 1/1/04, 5/15/04 etc. O the stats page, I have columns titled for each month of the year an would like each to include how much was pa...

Does Multi-Field Index Work For Date/Time Values Only
I created a MS-Access DB table with the following 3 columns: ColID - PRIMARY KEY Col1 - Number Col2 - Date/Time Next I created a multi-field index using Col1 & Col2. I entered the following row in the 1st row: 1 5/10/2007 Next when I tried to add the above row again, as expected, I wasn't allowed to enter the same row. Next I entered the following 2 rows: 1 5/11/2007 2 5/10/2007 Both the rows were accepted. After this I deleted the 3 records, went back to the design view & changed the data type of Col2 from Date/Time to Number keeping the multi-field index...

Purpose of Matrix Item Type
Hello, I have been using RMS for over a year, and have never used the matrix item type, mainly because I do not want an unmanageable number of items. The last POS system I used had sub item matrices for size, color, etc. It seems like RMS just adds more items, right? If so, what is the purpose (usefullness?) of matrices? Other than through a member of the matrix, how do you access information about the matrix? Here's and example of what I want to do. Shoe abc, with widths (M, W), and sizes. Sometimes I care about item abc (sales reporting), and sometimes I care about the mor...

CDHtmlDialog and large fonts: Am I in hell?
Howdy, I'm writing an app which uses html hosted by CMultiPageDHtmlDialog. My problem is that the html (given to me by designers using Front Page 2003) breaks when the user selects large fonts. I note that in standard 96dpi mode that the base dialog units are 8 and 16, while with 120dpi large fonts they are, as you'd expect, 10 and 20 (i.e. 20% larger). Is there a way to force my dialog to use the same base units for both font size settings? For reference, here is the dialog resource from my rc file which describes my dialog box: IDD_ABOUTBOX DIALOGEX 0, 0, 235, 55 STYLE DS_SETF...

Formatting multiple object types in output from a function?
I'm stumped on this one, and have searched and searched for a solution or how-to with no luck. Perhaps it just can't be done. I have a function that may or may not return objects of multiple types. I've setup the type and formatting information for each of the individual types in format.ps1xml files, and when only 1 type is returned by the function the formatting works as I would expect. However, if two or more types are returned by the function, only the formatting for the first object type is applied and then the other types are displayed however PoSH deems ap...

Don't want to type domain reference in OWA @ log on
Is there a way to not type in the domain reference in OWA when the user is logging in? My users are confused when logging on from 2000 to XP. Thanks. Yes, You can!! ESM\Frist Administrative Group\Server\Exchnge Server\Protocol\HTTP\Exchange Virtual Server\Exchange right click proterties\Access\Authenticate in the Default Domain,pls type your domain name after restart your default web site(using IIS Admin MMC Tool) -- Jammyù�ٴ� "ctrlgrid" <jkit001@yahoo.com> ���g��l��s�D :4f9d64d8.0410260000.51e66dfd@posting.google.com... > Is there a way to not type in the domain re...

converting dates
Hi All I have a couple of excel problems to do with dates (Excel XP/2002). I have a formula that displays one date minus another and displays the answer as the number of days. Firstly, is it possible to convert the data to display as year and days (375 displays as 1 year and 10 days) as it displays as a decimal point when I divide by 365. Secondly does anyone know a formula that sorts out leap years (see above). Any help, suggestions or tutorial links greatly appreciated Rexmann As long as you assume 1 year is always 365 days =INT(A1/365)&" year(s) "&MOD(A1,365)&&q...

Can I display the current date in a text box?
I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a text box? And how would I do that? You would have to have some code to load it, such as Textbox1.Text = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy") or link the texbox to a cell with the formula =TODAY() -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "stephiebrady" <stephiebrady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C78C4C78-C12C-4A8F-9121-E377ACAE3B5B@microsoft.com... > I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a > text box? And ...

All of the sudden my file wont open cause the font is missing!
Ok, so this moring i got into my office and tryed to open my 71 page publisher document. When i left yesterday everything was perfect. Now today it says my font i was using Helvetica is no longer available and it asks if i'd like to change the font. I can to another font, but this is a communication going out to stores for the retail compnay i'm with and i'd like to use helvetica. Now when i open a new publisher document or word file, helvetica is indeed there. Why is it missing from this one file? I've NEVER seen this error. Helvetica was never installed with a Micros...

Use Datedif but for future dates
I have a formula for identifying years, months, days from a past date to now. DATEDIF(C6,NOW(),"y")&" Y, "& DATEDIF(C6,NOW(),"ym")& " M, " & DATEDIF(C6,NOW(),"md") & " D" I'd like a formula that can produce the same format (years, months, days) between now and a future date. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Bart Hi Bart Try this with the date in A2 =IF(TODAY()<=A2,DATEDIF(TODAY(),A2,"Y") & " y " & DATEDIF(TODAY(),A2,"ym") & " m","-"&...

Pivot Table and adding a % column, that is not in original data
Hi, Is it possible to add a column for % calculations when the % column is not in original data? To clarify, my original data is as follows: Produt Sales Returns Date A 5 June B 6 June A 1 July A 1 September B 1 November When I run the pivot table, one of the columns I'm then looking to get is a total % of returns over sales , but I cant see how to include in a Pivot table. I can add it outside of the table, but that has problems ...

Advanced Find should let me search records between two dates
When searching the system for records, many times I need to search for records that came in between two dates. For instance, I would like to be able to pull all records input in CRM between March 1 and March 15. In 3.0 you can only query specific dates like "Last X days," "Last X Months," "On," "On or After," etc., but you cannot search the date fields between two dates. The functionality was available in 1.2 but is not available in 3.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the...

Money 2003: Change investment type from fund to stock
One of my investments was set up incorrectly as a mutual fund rather than a stock. Now when I sync with my brokerage website, it doesn't find the stock (since Money thinks it's a mutual fund) and it wants to add all the stock shares to my account as new shares. How can I change the investment type from mutual fund to stock from the Investments area? There are no menu options to do so and the online help doesn't provide any clues. I have several years worth of transactions for this stock, so I'd hate to have to re-enter them all. In microsoft.public.money, IanP. wrote: >...

Sort search results by date
It would be nice if i could sort my search results in this forum by date. I would like to see my most recent questions at the top. -- Sheri Salomone THANKS! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroup...

how to change font on printed copy of outlook calendar week view
When I print out my calendar by the week the font is too small. I can't find how to increase the size of the font so it PRINTS larger. I could change it on the view of the calendar but it doesn't change on the print preview. Randi Steiger;110316 Wrote: > When I print out my calendar by the week the font is too small. I can't > find > how to increase the size of the font so it PRINTS larger. I could > change it > on the view of the calendar but it doesn't change on the print preview. Which version of Outlook? Did you check the page setup options w...

BYTE Data type and UNICODE
I am converting MFC application to UNICODE. Please inform if BYTE data type is UNICODE enabled. If not how can I convert it to UNICODE. Thanks for your reply Regards Alpha BYTE is typedef'd as unsigned char, so is independent of UNICODE. If you have used that type correctly (i.e. as an 8-bit unsigned integer, rather than as a character), you should not have to convert it. Keith MacDonald "Alpha Siera" <AlphaSiera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C837E1E-AB84-4245-85EC-FD206491306E@microsoft.com... > I am converting MFC application to UNICODE. Pleas...

Times New Roman font problem
OS: Vista Home Premium 64-bit with Office 2003 When a client asked me to do a document using Times New Roman 12, I discovered that Vista did not have that font (it didn't appear in my font list nor was it available in Word), so I downloaded and installed it from a file called Times32.exe. I had to manually extract the TTF files from the archive because running the exe didn't install the font, even though the installer said it had. When I used Vista's Add New Font and specified the actual TTF files, Vista said they were already installed, and THEN Times New Roman appeared ...

Auto insert of date
I'm trying to input some datas using preparedStatement and among those coiumns one column is of type "smalldatetime" i wish to input the current date and time at which i execute this query, how can i achieve this in JDBC or what is the sql query for this. I'm not sure if we're talking JET SQL or T-SQL or something else here? In JET SQL you want the Date() function, something like ... INSERT INTO Table1 ( TestDate ) SELECT Date() AS Expr1; If you're using T-SQL you want the GETDATE() function, something like ... INSERT INTO dbo.Table1 (Test...

can I back my mail rules
I use Outlook 2002. My junk senders rule has about 50 spam addresses. Can the rules be backed up? I'd hate to have to make the rules all over again In article <225a01c3bf27$65e545a0$7d02280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |I use Outlook 2002. My junk senders rule has about 50 |spam addresses. Can the rules be backed up? I'd hate to |have to make the rules all over again | It's a text file called "Junk Senders.txt". (Really!) skip <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use Outlook 2002. My junk senders rule ha...

how do i subtract one date from another and get an age in years
i am trying to subtract a date of birth from today's date and get an age in years. Can anyone help me? http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "ucastores" <ucastores@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE331F27-C314-42D4-A390-9DA97E0E493D@microsoft.com... >i am trying to subtract a date of birth from today's date and get an age in > years. Can anyone help me? > Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm#Age -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ucastores" &l...

Backing up Outlook files
How can Outlook folders and e-mails be backed up and retrieved in case of a need to restore or to move to a new PC (in the case of replacing an existing PC)? Thank you I find the simplest way is to locate my *.pst files in My Documents and then they get backed up with everything else on my normal backup routine (changes daily, global weekly). For a one time case, or if you don't want to schedule it, just make a copy of the outlook.pst, mailbox.pst, and archive.pst (and any other .pst you want to save) and put it on another PC or on the server or wherever you want to save it. Be caref...

calculating dates #2
What formula do i use??? here is my problem... i have 3 columns A- Qty of days eg: 6, B-start date, eg: 10/12/07 C -end date, , (formula i am using, (colummn (C) =A+B+1 (copied down the column) this gives me an end date by adding A and B which i use in a gantt chart, eg; "but" some dates do not have a start date yet and the end result will read (C) 05/01/00, how can i get column (C) to remain blank until i put a start date in???? =IF(A1="","",A1+B1+1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "spudpeeps" <spudpeeps@discussions.mic...