Font dosen't revert back to original after typing in date

Example  I n my text I type I have  December 28th The th automatically
reduces to a much smaller font and once you hit the sapce bar to continue it
reverts back to the larger font. It only does this some of times, why is this
being so inconsistent?. I refortmated my comp. last week and when I
reinstalled office I was hoping this inconsistent problem would have been
resloved, but no

2nd question please.  When I post a question in "discussion group" and check
the box   "Notify me of Replies"   I never receice a reply to my question I
then have to go back to the site and search my question. Trouble shooting I
have done  I have deleted my profile and entered a new e-mail address and
still no response . Can you tell me  who I might contact to help me with this
problem please???

--
Microsoft Office 2003 Version
Students and Teachers Edition

Thank-you
Happy New Year  Hope you find those winning numbers to the Lotto
Carl R

The superscript autoformatting of date ordinals is controlled by the
autoformat as you type settings. Why it should format and then revert is not
clear. Do you have any add-ins that might interfere with the process? Try
renaming the Word data key in the registry - see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541

The Microsoft web portal to the newsgroups is frankly crap. It rarely works
properly and sending notification of replies hasn't worked for a while.
Either use Google groups to locate your posts, or better still see
http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm   Enjoy that ease of use before Microsoft
takes it away.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Carl R" <ritcey@clearwire.net> wrote in message
> Example  I n my text I type I have  December 28th The th automatically
> reduces to a much smaller font and once you hit the sapce bar to continue
> it
> reverts back to the larger font. It only does this some of times, why is
> this
> being so inconsistent?. I refortmated my comp. last week and when I
> reinstalled office I was hoping this inconsistent problem would have been
> resloved, but no
>
> 2nd question please.  When I post a question in "discussion group" and
> check
> the box   "Notify me of Replies"   I never receice a reply to my question
> then have to go back to the site and search my question. Trouble shooting
> have done  I have deleted my profile and entered a new e-mail address and
> still no response . Can you tell me  who I might contact to help me with
> this
> problem please???
>
> --
> Microsoft Office 2003 Version
> Students and Teachers Edition
> Windows Vista Home Premium
>
> Thank-you
> Happy New Year  Hope you find those winning numbers to the Lotto
> Carl R

0
Graham

Automaticaly put in the / in a date field
I want my users to input a date in the format dd/mm/yy I know some of them will mis out the separators and enter for example 140301 for the 14th March 2001, but Excel changes the date to something totally different. How can I create a mask (like in Access) so the separators are already displayed in the cell? For example the cell would look like / / and when the date is input it automatically jumps over the separator. You could use a worksheet event that changes the entry to a date. Chip Pearson has some code at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Keith wrote: > ...

Date Entry in Excel 2000
Hi All, We recently upgraded to 2003 and one of our users says she was able to enter a date such as 10/24/04 in Excel 2000 as 102404 when she had the cell formatted as a date. I haven't been able to reproduce it on a 2000 machine nor does it make sense to me that it would work given that a date in Excel has a numeric value which is unrelated to the digits in the date. Is she mistaken or is there a setting I don't know about which allows this? Thanks Erin She's most probably mistaken. That behavior isn't native to XL. It's possible to do this with event macros...

Mass change of transaction types to Transfer trouble. Suggestions
background: I am currently using Money 05 and have transfers forms on. In 2002 I had money all up to date in my banking life and stopped using it because of one problem or another. I just logged onto each of my banks and downloded all the missing information to date. In one bank I have a checking and savings account in. The file I downloaded from the bank has transfers incorrectly marked as deposits and withdrawls and nothing linked together. I also have money 07 trial installed on a different pc running a copy of the above database (for testing.) What I want to do is select all ...

How do get the years and days Between two dates
if you had 5/1/2006 and 2/28/2002 how would you get 4.17? If 5/1/2006 is in A1 and 2/28/2002 is in A2, then maybe: =(a1-a2)/365 or =(a1-a2)/365.25 But if you're trying to find differences between dates, you may want to take a look at =datedif(). You can find lots of info at Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm (=datedif() was only documented in xl2k's help.) jhon doe wrote: > > if you had 5/1/2006 and 2/28/2002 how would you get 4.17? -- Dave Peterson ...

how to write on the back of my document ?
when you have the document up how to do you write on the back of it ? please hlep thank you in advance Page 2 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "guy in need of help" <guy in need of help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6EE6F9E-9938-4736-A848-1B31A4A719E0@microsoft.com... > when you have the document up how to do you write on the back of it ? > please > hlep thank you in advance What version Publisher? When you insert a page, is there page tabs at the bottom of th...

I need to get week start and week end dates to change automatically
I'm trying to get the week start and week end dates to chang automatically on a time sheet that I am working on. Anybody have formula? Joh -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com John, =INT(NOW()+2-WEEKDAY(NOW())) will return Monday's date, and =INT(NOW()+6-WEEKDAY(NOW())) will return Friday's date. Format as dates. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "jlyons360 >" <<jlyons360.192pxt@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jlyons360.192pxt@excelforum-nospam.com... > I'm trying to get the week start and week end dates to change > automa...

Formula to Calculate Dates
I need to enter one date, and have it compute the future date based on the number of years: For Example: - Date Added: June 2007 - Number Of Years: 5 Year - Expiration Date (Need Formula): June 2012 How would I get that result. BTW: Using Excel 2000 =DATE(YEAR(A1)+5,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "S" <S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8504259F-4193-4CE3-9387-EAB68624076E@microsoft.com... |I need to enter one date, and have it compute the future date based on the | number of years: | | For Example: | - Date Added: J...

How to add the date after the "A1"
Hi, I type "The information gathered as of March 9, 2008" on cell "A1" Is there a way to make a date default like "The information gathered as of " & Date (default). Your help would be much apprecated. ="The informations gathered as of "&TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm d, yyyy") -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel <learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c11a1bfc-65ba-4cf3-bdef-c28bdcc19c1d@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com... | Hi, | | I type "The information gathered as of March 9, 2008" on cell "A1&q...

Target Date for Entourage Integration with Outlook
I recall reading something from Microsoft that a new Outlook is in the works that will replace the Entourage but can't remember the projection for when this event will take place? aRKay wrote: > I recall reading something from Microsoft that a new Outlook is in > the works that will replace the Entourage but can't remember the > projection for when this event will take place? According to the Mac Mojo blog, it will be released with the next version of Office for Mac, which is slated for release "Holiday 2010". We can probably assume this refers to t...

Re-format date (mm/dd/yyyy into dd/mm/yyyy)
Hi All, Could someone help me with the following: I have a range of dates which I want to convert from mm/dd/yyyy into dd/mm/yyyy, my formula (=MID(T1474,LEN(T1474)-6,2)&"/"&LEFT(T1474,2)&"/"&RIGHT(T1474,4)) works for most of the dates though in case of 1/12/2007 where the month only has one position (instead of 01) my formula takes "1/" for mm (instead of "01") Can one of you advice how to capture this issue in my (or a different) formula? Many thanks!!!! Rgds, Robert You could try: Data > Text to Columns > Next > Next >...

Document no longer exist in originating module
Hi, Sometimes a getting this message: "Document no longer exists in originating module" when I tried to click on "Cash Receipts" for Customer. This receipt exist but not fully distributed. I tried to reconcile and so on all documents. Nothing. Thank you Vitali, Have you tried check links as well? When you say 'not fully distributed', what exactly do you mean? -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message news:u0$0CW2IFHA.904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Sometimes a gettin...

Excell & MailMerge dates
I have an excel file with dates broken down with a cell for the number in the month, a cell for the month, and a cell for the year. I used the "MMMM" for the month. In excell the cell reads "July", but when I use the cell as a data cell for mail merge in WORD I don't get the month I get the date number. Is there a way to get WORD to read the MONTH? Thanks From a previous post: You could use some helper cells and create strings for each field--then use those helper values: =text(a1,"dd-mmm-yyyy") =text(b1,"0.0") =text(c1,"#,##0.00&q...

Service Appointment, Activity History, and "Due Date"
When I create a service appointment in CRM, and I check the "All Day Event" check box, the schedule start and end times disappear, and the dates sync. This seems logical. However, when I look in the activity tab or the history tab the "Due Date" displays the next day. For example, I create a service appointment where the scheduled start date is 2/10/2007, and I select the "All Day Event" checkbox. The scheduled end date is set to 2/10/2007, the duration is set to 1 day, and the time fields disappear. If I view this service appointment in the activities ...

Name, Date and Address Formats
Hi, I have a number of different spreadsheets that I need to impirt into a single database. Unfortunately some of the information is in different formats. Would anyone be able to provide me with a solution that can turn: A B Brown ABC Brown *A B C*Brown* Brown, A B Brown, Anthony Bernard Brown Anthony Bernard Mr A B Bernard Into separate fields for title, forename, initials & surname On a similar theme I also need to do much the same thing with addresses: 1 Victoria Road, Victoria, Victoriashire, VC1 1VC etc And lastly (for now anyway) I also have some dates that I need to ...

Compare this year/qtr/mo to date with prior year/qtr/mo to date
Hi, I'm trying to create a report that compares revenues received this year/qtr/mo/wk with revenues received last year in the comparable year/qtr/mo/wk, and additionally by sales division and sales manager. I have the data stored in a table with fields: SlsDivID, SlsMgrID, DtRecd and AmtRecd. I know I will need to use the date part function, but am not sure how to get the info in the report I need. format should be: SlsDiv - SlsMgr - CY YTD - LY YTD - G/L and % - CY QTD - LY QTD - G/L and % etc etc. I have tried pivot tables (not working) and various group and total functions (a...

Storage of local data
Hello there, I'm aware that SQL Express has a limitation of 2Gb of data storage, so I'm wondering, when data is created whilst offline, when it sync's back to the server, is is deleted from the databae locally? Let's assume that in this example the record/data created is not an item that would normally be sync'd back to the local database (not specified as user required for sync). Hope this makes sense Thanks, Matt When going offline all data for the specified user is synced to his offline database. When going back online all changes are synced back to the serve...

Dates in Excel 2007 graph axis dialogs
I work for an environmental engineering firm, and commonly create time-series and other scatterplots of numerical data using Excel. In Excel 2003, I could format a time-series scatterplot axis minimum and maximum easily by typing in the dates in short date format. Not so in 2007 - it refuses to accept dates in anything but "days elapsed since 01/01/1900" format. Is there a workaround for this? Why was it changed? It was quite useful. Overall, I'm pretty unhappy with the new Excel. It seems to have acquired a lot more layers of very questionable usefulness. Many of...

New Resolution Type under Resolve Cases
Hi There, Is it possible to add a new Resolution Type under Resolve Case.. and change Problem Solved to Case Solved from the picklist. If yes could you kindly advice me... Actions->ResolveCase->Resolution Type -> here i want to add new item(is it possible?)->and i would like to change Problem Solved to Case Solved. Your early response will be much appriciated. Many Thanks in advance, Syed. You may go to Customization | Case | Attributes | Status Code, in the status picklist, select "Resolved", then add your resolution type there. After you finish, save and publish...

How can I embed a font in an Excel text box?

USA to UK Dates
I have a list of data extracted from elsewhere and the dates are in USA format i.e. mm/dd/yyyy Can excel swap this around to UK format dd/mm/yyyy ? thanks in advance -- Vass ................................................ Now: YZF-R1, CBR1100xx-x Then: A100, MBX80, XL125, CB400, FZR600, CBR600Fv Hi, Format the dates to dd/mm/yyyy Highlight the dates Format > Cells > Number tab > Date > choose the one you need If it is not in there go to Custom and put dd/mm/yyyy in the space provided under Type. HTH. -- greg7468 -------------------------------------------------...

Font in Check Box
Is it possible to change the Font in a check box? If it's a checkbox from the control toolbox toolbar, you can go into design mode show the checkbox's properties double click on Font and change it. If the checkbox is on a userform (inside the VBE), you can show its properties and do the same thing. You also have another reply at your original post. Mon wrote: > > Is it possible to change the Font in a check box? -- Dave Peterson ...

MIS not backing up with ntbackup
Running Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 I scheduled a nightly backup of MIS at 3:00 am , it is running under the Domain Administrator account. When I do this manually it works fine but none of the scheduled ones work. The Scheduled Tasks veiwer says Cannot start error 0x0. Any ideas ? there is nothing in the event veiwer under any logs at the scheduled time either. I have another one scheduled for User Docs at 1 am which works fine and ends at 2:00 am. http://www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/Article/ArticleID/44115/44115.html HAs some tips. If you are doing a system state backup at the same t...

How can I change the date range in a calendar object
I have a newsletter that I created in Pub 2003 with a calendar on one page. I was able to click on the calendar, then use the "change date range" to change the month. When I upgraded to Office 2007, that capability is gone. How can I change the calendar without deleting the object and reinserting it for the new month? You can't. Unfortunately the wizards are gone in all the Design Gallery objects. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bob N" <BobN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7893B67C-9B2D-4B79-B59C-244E7B0D274C@microsoft.com... >I...

TM-T88III OPOS Font problem
Hello I'm using an Epson TM-T88III with the Epson OPOS drivers. The specifications say that there are 2 build in fonts, one that does 42 characters on a line and the other does 56. I doen't seem to be able to choose the second font. ESC Sequence for changing that should be #fT , but that isn't supported. Anyone knows how I can get Font B??? Thanks! Bob I found it myself. In VB you should set the number of chars you want on one line to change the font, like this: OPOSprinter1.RecLineChars = 56 ' For Font B OPOSprinter1.RecLineChars = 42 ' Back to Font A greetz ...

No date and time displayed
I am having a problem with the outlook. There are no date and time displayed on all my emails. When I received an email I should see date and time in the Received colume, but it's not there. Also, when I was trying to use the Calendar, date and time are not there too. I have updated my Outlook 2002 with SP-2. Can any one help? Thank you John ...