Files Save As option

How do I clear the list of previously saved file names from the Flie Name
text box drop down menu?

In the Options dialog for your version of Word, change the number of Most
Recently Used files to be used to 0.

Or run a macro containing the following code

Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 0

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"M.I. Tabassum" <MITabassum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I clear the list of previously saved file names from the Flie Name
> text box drop down menu?

0
Doug
3/15/2010 7:47:36 AM
Hi,
  Mr. Robbins have mentioned about the Most Recently Used documents int he
File Menu, whereas I asked about the recently saved documents in the Dialogue
box that appears after you click File Save As and if you seen infront of the
File Name the text box contain one default name with the drop down arrow on
the right side and if you click that arrow it drops down to lot of previously
saved documents, I want to clear that actually.
  Anyway Thanks Mr. Robbin.
M.I. Tabassum wrote:
> Hi,
>  Mr. Robbins have mentioned about the Most Recently Used documents
> int he File Menu, whereas I asked about the recently saved documents
> in the Dialogue box that appears after you click File Save As and if
> you seen infront of the File Name the text box contain one default
> name with the drop down arrow on the right side and if you click that
> arrow it drops down to lot of previously saved documents, I want to
>  clear that actually. Anyway Thanks Mr. Robbin.

There is no method for clearing that list from within Word's user interface.
However, because this list is stored at a specific place in the registry,
it's possible to use a macro such as the following one to clear it. Read
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if needed.

Sub ClearSaveAsMRU()
    Const baseKey = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\" & _
        "Common\Open Find\Microsoft Office Word\Settings\Save As\File Name
MRU"
    Dim thisVer As String
    Dim thisVerKey As String

    thisVer = Application.Version
    thisVerKey = Replace(baseKey, "11.0", thisVer)

    System.PrivateProfileString("", thisVerKey, "Value") = ""
End Sub

You can assign the macro to a toolbar button (or a Quick Access Toolbar
button in Word 2007).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

0
Jay
3/15/2010 1:58:59 PM
Hi Mr. Jay Freedman,
  Thanks for your guidance but I have programmed this macro and ran but
couldnot clear that list, I manually editted the registery and deleted those
names from their, My version of word showing is 12.0 but that list still
showed when i clicked the dropdown arrow on the rightside of the text box.
Kindly advise if I am missing anything. Thanking in anticipation.

Regards

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

> M.I. Tabassum wrote:
> > Hi,
> >  Mr. Robbins have mentioned about the Most Recently Used documents
> > int he File Menu, whereas I asked about the recently saved documents
> > in the Dialogue box that appears after you click File Save As and if
> > you seen infront of the File Name the text box contain one default
> > name with the drop down arrow on the right side and if you click that
> > arrow it drops down to lot of previously saved documents, I want to
> >  clear that actually. Anyway Thanks Mr. Robbin.
>
> There is no method for clearing that list from within Word's user interface.
> However, because this list is stored at a specific place in the registry,
> it's possible to use a macro such as the following one to clear it. Read
> http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if needed.
>
> Sub ClearSaveAsMRU()
>     Const baseKey = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\" & _
>         "Common\Open Find\Microsoft Office Word\Settings\Save As\File Name
> MRU"
>     Dim thisVer As String
>     Dim thisVerKey As String
>
>     thisVer = Application.Version
>     thisVerKey = Replace(baseKey, "11.0", thisVer)
>
>     System.PrivateProfileString("", thisVerKey, "Value") = ""
> End Sub
>
> You can assign the macro to a toolbar button (or a Quick Access Toolbar
> button in Word 2007).
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
> all may benefit.
>

> .

Need to import EDI file
Hello. I have an EDI TS-130 file (academic transcript) that I would like to import into Access 2003. Is this possible to do for free? If so, how? ...

save accounts similar outlook express
How I save account POP mails configurations in Outlook 2003 similar ao outlook express? thanks Marina Using the office save my settings wizard or a 3rd party program. http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm#accounts -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-ti...

problems in creating file dialog in tab control
Hi,I am creating a tab control and want to pop up a file dialog when clicking one tab page. but now, the file dialog was shown up at the same time with tab control, not after selecting one page. Could some guys help me? Thanks David GetClientRect(hwndParent,&rcClient); InitCommonControls(); hwndTabCtrl=CreateWindow(WC_TABCONTROL,"", WS_CHILD|WS_CLIPSIBLINGS|WS_VISIBLE,0,0,rcClient.right,rcClient.bottom,hwndParent,NULL,g_hinst,NULL); if(hwndTabCtrl==NULL) AfxMessageBox("can't create tab control window"); m_tcitem.mask=TCIF_TEXT|TCIF_IMAGE; m_tcitem.iIma...

Full path of a file in a VS2005 project?
How do you check the dir path of any of the files (.cpp. .h, etc) included in any of the VisualStudio2005 projects? The best way to find out would be in the Solution Explorer, normally on the left side, position on the file name, right click and select Properties. But there is no hint anywhere about the full path location. On Jul 2, 1:55 pm, "mar...@hotmail.com" <mar...@hotmail.com> wrote: > How do you check the dir path of any of the files (.cpp. .h, etc) > included in any of the VisualStudio2005 projects? > > The best way to find out would be in the Solution Ex...

Saving a Custom Color Palette
I would like to save customized color palettes for workbooks involved with image editing. Is there a way to do this in XL2000 other than defining a palette in a specific workbook... that's ok, but if you do a reset you loose your custom job! ? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Bob, > >If you setup the custom palette with a new workbook open, and then save the >workbook as Book.xlt in the Excel startup directory, it will be with you >forever. > >-- > HTH > > ------- > > Bob Phillips > ... looking out across Poole Harbour to t...

Uncheck "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" by default
http://www.vistax64.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1136177 Andrew;1136177 Wrote: > If I right click on a file there is usually the option to"Open with..". > Selecting this option list possible programs with which to open the > application and, below this, there is a check box labelled "always use > the > selected program to open this kind of file". The check box is always > checked, so clicking on OK permanently associates the selected program > with > the file type in question. > > However, I usually use this option to op...

Excel shutting down when opening file
This is a follow up from a previous post. When opening a specific file with excel 2003, Excel will immediately shut down. When I re-open Excel it shows the file in the recovery box. When trying to recover the file it gives a message that file damage is too extensive to repair. I have no problem opening other Excel files. I also have Excel 2003 operating on three other computers and they do not have any problem opening the same file. I have started Excel in safe mode and tried to open the file but I get the same problem. I have started Windows XP in safe mode and then opened Exce...

how can i set this to save atomaticly
please tell me how to make this save my work automaticly. In Publisher 2000 you can have it "remind you to save" automatically. Tools, Options, User Assistance -- Don Vancouver, USA "MUCCA" <MUCCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BAE6F82-16EF-4F34-8866-9BE66333656A@microsoft.com... > please tell me how to make this save my work automaticly. MUCCA wrote: > please tell me how to make this save my > work automaticly. =================================== This? Are you referring to Microsoft Publisher? Which version? -- John Inzer retu...

"Disk is full" saving to network
I have a client that is running Publisher 2000 with SP4 on XP Sp1. Their server OS is 2003 Small Business edition. They work on their docs from a share on the server by opening, changing then "save as". When they save, the message "Disk is full" appears. I have verified that disk quotas have been disabled, plenty of disk space is available, virus scans and spy-ware scans have been run. The only work around is to copy the document locally, make changes then copy back to the network share. Any help or advise??!!! Tony Ashby wrote: > I have a client that is running P...

Saving messages other than in formats given? i.e., rtf or pdf (html with complete pictures)
I get a lot of mail from yahoo groups, in particular some graphics groups. In it, I get very good tutorials or tips which involve graphics that explain or illustrate the text. O2K allows me to save as text or html, but the pictures get left out of both formats, of course. The text can be converted to rtf and I can pull the graphics via the Outlook script to save embedded graphics and I can manually create the rtf file; or I can open up the html file, and reference the pulled embedded graphics, but both methods have proven very time-consuming considering the number of messages I recv that I ...

SAVING PART OF SHEET
I have a workbook that has 5 sheets. I print off a section of sheet 1 and ideally this is the only part of the sheet I want saved in my archives . Any idea how I could set my workbook up so that I can save just a part of the sheet or even only sheet 1 of the workbook? cheers gregorK gregork You can't save part of a workbook. You can however, copy the sheet or part of it to a new workbook and save that workbook. File>New>Workbook Copy the sheet or part of sheet from original workbook to new workbook. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 12:37:58 +1300, "gregork"...

Auto Save on closing
I would like to auto save an excel workbook using a cell value as the file name and save it in a specific folder ie My Documents\Quotes. I have been unable to find an answer to this in previous responses. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance -- AJM1949 Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value End Sub 'This is workbook event code. 'To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet '(or next to the File menu if you maximise your workboo...

How do I stop saving attachments with sent mail?
I have many >5 Mb attachments in my sent mail and archive sent mail folders. As I understand it there is no facility to afterwards strip the attachment but keep the mail. So how do I change my Outlook 2003 settings so that I do not save the attachment when sending mail? regards, Beemer To strip the attachment open the message from your Sent Items folder rightclick the attachment and choose Remove. Save and close the message. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Se...

Why can't I see my Outlook Archive files
Hello XP home 2003 I set up the auto archive per instructions to include seperate instructions for deleted files. The prompt appears every 14 days and I say yes. The auto archive system set up a folder on my E:\Documents volume called: archive.pst which shows 144KB and Archive folders on my folder list. When I select any of the archive folders they all appear empty. The deleted file function works fine. Does anyone have an opinon of whats going on? Thanks. 144kb doesn't sound big enough to hold much data. Have you told Outlook to archive items older than 1 month, 2 months, or wh...

How to change decimal separators when importing text (csv) files?
I have a problem importing text files into Excel 2007. I'm currently working on a German version of Excel 2007 running on a German version of Windows XP Pro. Whenever I try to import data from a text file (csv), every number with a decimal separator is recognized as text. This clearly is because of the decimal separators. The csv files use points to separate decimals, whereas this German Windows is used to separate decimals using commas. Although the text import wizard allows me to select what type of decimal and thousands separators are to be used, the separators are always reset to th...

Can't download large files using IE
I am unable to download large files ( 2 to 6 GB) from a web site using Internet Explorer but I am able to download using Firefox. I have various issues with IE 6 and IE7. With IE6, a partial file was downloaded of siz 1.65 GB instead of 6 GB. No error - just an incomplete file. I've been told IE has a limit on the size of files it can download. Does anyone know what that limit is and is there a way to change or disable it? Or any other issues which might be preventing this? "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA63A026-...

Money 2002 File conversion problem
After using Money 2002 for quite some time I tried to go for Money 2003. When converting the data file the message "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version". Has anybody come across this problem and can help me in this. Are both of the versions from the same country - for example UK to UK or US to US? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org/ Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/ for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited...

email broken up into multiple attached text files on emails with multiple images
Hi There, I am encountering a fairly annoying problem with emails I am receiving with Outlook 2003 and that that have been sent from a Macintosh using the latest version of AppleMail. The emails have multiple image attachements (all coming though fine, although not in line which is how they have been sent) but the text of the email is broken up into text files that are attached. The first section of text in the email (ie before the first image) comes through fine, but the text after the first image in in an attachment, then the text after the second image is in another, seperate at...

Missing files
Can somebody tell me what these missing files are,and should I worry about not having them. iecontlcdll,iecontdll,ieuinit.. Also is there a free download for these..... -- lennox lennox wrote: > Can somebody tell me what these missing files are,and should I worry > about not having them. iecontlcdll,iecontdll,ieuinit.. Also is there a > free download for these..... ===================================== Maybe the following articles would be worth a look: Iecontlc.dll Not Found Error Resolution http://tinyurl.com/y6uau8q ......or..... http://pcsupport.about.c...

Addin
Hi All, I am not sure how to word this. I want to make an addin that monitors which files are opened. When a particular file is open, then run a macro. I don't want the marco in the file in question, because the people I send the file too, see the message about a macro, and refuse to open it, or it gets block. I know I could call the macro from a button, but I thought having the marco start when the file is opened would be easier. Thanks Chad There are application events that you can tie into. Start a new workbook and put this in the ThisWorkbook Module: ...

What is Unicode Format while saving xls File
Hello, I highly appreciate your help in clarifying my doubts for the following questions (we are using Excel 2000) 1. would like to know what is the Unicode Format(UTF8/ UTF16) in which the *.Xls file is saved when we save the File in Unicode Format. 2. What will the Delimiter when we save *.xls to Unicode File. (It looks like Tab delimited file). 3. Again when converting the *.xls to Unicode *.txt File, Can we make the File Data to be Enclosed in Quotes when a single cell has more than one word (By Default Cell Values which has a Comma gets Enclosed with Quotes). Thanks a bunch,...

Option Button Question
Hello, I am designing a simple form to acquire a data. I have following table for which I am designing a form. Table Name: tblSecurities Market: Text Security: Text SecurityDescription: Text The market column can have values CAN or US only and I would like to have option buttons for this column. The problem is the value of the option button can be numeric and I have values as Text. Is it possible to map option button to a column of a table having text values. Nimish Hi Nimish, You have two alternatives: 1.) Use a Value List that includes the following propert...

Oepning more than one file
Hello All, Using Excel XP. When I open three Excel files at one time it shows the Microsoft Excel tab on the task bar instead of showing me the individual files tabs. It did this at one time but now just shows the Microsoft Excel tab. If I want to see the 2nd file I opened I have to minimize the first file. How can I get the gingival file names to show up on the task bar. Thank for any help. Michael Mike, tools, options, view, windows in taskbar -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from i...

Viewing Links to source file
Is there a way to view just where the link to a source file is in a destination workbook? Markstro I don't have an answer, but my problem is along the same line. My new workbook has a link to an old workbook of mine and I can't find where the link is or how to break it! Allan >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to view just where the link to a source file is in a >destination workbook? >Markstro >. > Hi you may use the following Add-in for this http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mark...

Transferring from CSV file to AS400...
This is probably more an AS400 issue, but I don't mind any input. I'm trying to import two columns of data (acct number, payment info) from a CSV file into the AS400. I've just received this error: --------------------------------------------- Incorrect decimal point in the record. Record number: 1 Error range (in Bytes): Start: 7 End: 17 PC Field Name: MPPD --------------------------------------------- There is an FDF file that is associated with the transfer and the contents include this: --------------------------------------------- PCFDF PCFT 1 PCFO 7,6,10,7...