Field Code : get bookmark (text) without table format

I want to get the value in a TABLE with bookmark (e.g. STYLE) using field 
code with the following 2 ways :

{ = STYLE \* MERGEFORMAT}
I can get the value if it is numeric but get "0" is it is text.

{STYLE}
I can get the value either it is numeric or text in a table cell. However, I 
want to get a value only, without the cell.

How can I get the value using Field Code??

0
Utf
5/27/2010 9:50:53 PM
word.docmanagement 5542 articles. 2 followers. Follow

5 Replies
678 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 51

Answered elsewhere.  You must exclude the cell end marker from the bookmark 
so that it just contains the text.

-- 
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:4E54DF1D-5DE9-43F4-BB01-692AC97BAFE3@microsoft.com...
> I want to get the value in a TABLE with bookmark (e.g. STYLE) using field
> code with the following 2 ways :
>
> { = STYLE \* MERGEFORMAT}
> I can get the value if it is numeric but get "0" is it is text.
>
> {STYLE}
> I can get the value either it is numeric or text in a table cell. However, 
> I
> want to get a value only, without the cell.
>
> How can I get the value using Field Code??
> 
0
Doug
5/28/2010 6:56:09 AM
How to exclude the cell end marker??
Becuase I want to use it on template, so that I need bookmark a while cell 
instead of value.


"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> Answered elsewhere.  You must exclude the cell end marker from the bookmark 
> so that it just contains the text.
> 
> -- 
> Hope this helps.
> 
> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
> services on a paid consulting basis.
> 
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
> 
> "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:4E54DF1D-5DE9-43F4-BB01-692AC97BAFE3@microsoft.com...
> > I want to get the value in a TABLE with bookmark (e.g. STYLE) using field
> > code with the following 2 ways :
> >
> > { = STYLE \* MERGEFORMAT}
> > I can get the value if it is numeric but get "0" is it is text.
> >
> > {STYLE}
> > I can get the value either it is numeric or text in a table cell. However, 
> > I
> > want to get a value only, without the cell.
> >
> > How can I get the value using Field Code??
> > 
0
Utf
5/28/2010 8:46:01 AM
Give us some more information of what it is that you want to do with the 
template so that we may be able to suggest another way of doing it that will 
avoid the problem.


-- 
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:4102B136-1911-4A7C-9106-3B879759F4B9@microsoft.com...
> How to exclude the cell end marker??
> Becuase I want to use it on template, so that I need bookmark a while cell
> instead of value.
>
>
> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>
>> Answered elsewhere.  You must exclude the cell end marker from the 
>> bookmark
>> so that it just contains the text.
>>
>> -- 
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>> services on a paid consulting basis.
>>
>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
>>
>> "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:4E54DF1D-5DE9-43F4-BB01-692AC97BAFE3@microsoft.com...
>> > I want to get the value in a TABLE with bookmark (e.g. STYLE) using 
>> > field
>> > code with the following 2 ways :
>> >
>> > { = STYLE \* MERGEFORMAT}
>> > I can get the value if it is numeric but get "0" is it is text.
>> >
>> > {STYLE}
>> > I can get the value either it is numeric or text in a table cell. 
>> > However,
>> > I
>> > want to get a value only, without the cell.
>> >
>> > How can I get the value using Field Code??
>> > 
0
Doug
5/28/2010 9:57:36 AM
for example, a template contains a table with 2 columns (A & B) and 2 rows (1 
& 2) : 

cell A1 is a label (e.g. Style No.) 
cell A2 is a label (e.g. Article No.)
whole cell B1 bookmarked as STYLENO
whole cell B2 bookmarked as ARTNO

B1 & B2 will be input by user and get the value through bookmark that will 
be used on other page to eliminate duplicate input. So that I use 
{ = STYLENO \* MERGEFORMAT} or {STYLE}
to get the value ONLY (without table format).

Have any easy way the do this??
Many thanks.


"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> Give us some more information of what it is that you want to do with the 
> template so that we may be able to suggest another way of doing it that will 
> avoid the problem.
> 
> 
> -- 
> Hope this helps.
> 
> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
> services on a paid consulting basis.
> 
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
> 
> "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:4102B136-1911-4A7C-9106-3B879759F4B9@microsoft.com...
> > How to exclude the cell end marker??
> > Becuase I want to use it on template, so that I need bookmark a while cell
> > instead of value.
> >
> >
> > "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Answered elsewhere.  You must exclude the cell end marker from the 
> >> bookmark
> >> so that it just contains the text.
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Hope this helps.
> >>
> >> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
> >> services on a paid consulting basis.
> >>
> >> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
> >>
> >> "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:4E54DF1D-5DE9-43F4-BB01-692AC97BAFE3@microsoft.com...
> >> > I want to get the value in a TABLE with bookmark (e.g. STYLE) using 
> >> > field
> >> > code with the following 2 ways :
> >> >
> >> > { = STYLE \* MERGEFORMAT}
> >> > I can get the value if it is numeric but get "0" is it is text.
> >> >
> >> > {STYLE}
> >> > I can get the value either it is numeric or text in a table cell. 
> >> > However,
> >> > I
> >> > want to get a value only, without the cell.
> >> >
> >> > How can I get the value using Field Code??
> >> > 
0
Utf
5/29/2010 3:05:01 AM
And how is it used on the other page?

You could use VBA to get the contents of cells B1 and B2 without the end of 
cell marker or to modify the range of the bookmark after the user has 
entered the data



-- 
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:4937DE86-1F80-4794-9E3F-7640D4FD2873@microsoft.com...
> for example, a template contains a table with 2 columns (A & B) and 2 rows 
> (1
> & 2) :
>
> cell A1 is a label (e.g. Style No.)
> cell A2 is a label (e.g. Article No.)
> whole cell B1 bookmarked as STYLENO
> whole cell B2 bookmarked as ARTNO
>
> B1 & B2 will be input by user and get the value through bookmark that will
> be used on other page to eliminate duplicate input. So that I use
> { = STYLENO \* MERGEFORMAT} or {STYLE}
> to get the value ONLY (without table format).
>
> Have any easy way the do this??
> Many thanks.
>
>
> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>
>> Give us some more information of what it is that you want to do with the
>> template so that we may be able to suggest another way of doing it that 
>> will
>> avoid the problem.
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>> services on a paid consulting basis.
>>
>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
>>
>> "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:4102B136-1911-4A7C-9106-3B879759F4B9@microsoft.com...
>> > How to exclude the cell end marker??
>> > Becuase I want to use it on template, so that I need bookmark a while 
>> > cell
>> > instead of value.
>> >
>> >
>> > "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Answered elsewhere.  You must exclude the cell end marker from the
>> >> bookmark
>> >> so that it just contains the text.
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> Hope this helps.
>> >>
>> >> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>> >> services on a paid consulting basis.
>> >>
>> >> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
>> >>
>> >> "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:4E54DF1D-5DE9-43F4-BB01-692AC97BAFE3@microsoft.com...
>> >> > I want to get the value in a TABLE with bookmark (e.g. STYLE) using
>> >> > field
>> >> > code with the following 2 ways :
>> >> >
>> >> > { = STYLE \* MERGEFORMAT}
>> >> > I can get the value if it is numeric but get "0" is it is text.
>> >> >
>> >> > {STYLE}
>> >> > I can get the value either it is numeric or text in a table cell.
>> >> > However,
>> >> > I
>> >> > want to get a value only, without the cell.
>> >> >
>> >> > How can I get the value using Field Code??
>> >> > 
0
Doug
5/29/2010 4:01:47 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Intelligent Pivot Table with Large Data Sets
Pivot Tables are great with small datasets. Does anyone have suggestions of products that can datasource from a ODBC source and manage large datasets (1M+ rows), visualizing the dat in a crosstab/pivottable format ? Unfortunately the underlying logic in the PivotTable/MSquery link isn' too intelligent in that is always wants to read the whole darn databas table before even presenting a field list. I assume this is due to th abstraction of the data created by sticking MS/Query inbetween th Excel pivot table service and the actual datasource? Seems pretty simply from a conceptual POV: 1. ...

How to export text from Excel to Word #2
Hi, Someone has given me a whole text document written in Excel 2002 and I wish to use it in Word as a doc file. I have copy pasted it but the cells come over too. I can't unformat it so I can manipulate the text as I need to. Can I get the text as plain text without the cells or should I get him to write it all out again this time in Word? I have searched around but now need to ask the experts. Thanks Rock Paste special as text? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law...

Potential customer field in Quote
Hi, Is there a way to make the Potential customer field in Quote entity as NOT required? Thank you in advance for any suggestions, crsb The entire sales process from opportunity up to the invoice requires a customer. If you don't need the field, create a dummy account and set the customer id to this dummy account in OnLoad. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog on http://www.stunnware.com ---------------------------------------------------------- "crsb" <srinivasa.bharadwaj@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:76d7f1b1-c86f-470b-bbec-0329d9d29f...

2003 Form fields losing formatting in 2007
Hi there, I have some forms, created in Word 2003, which when opened as a .docx, all form fields revert to Times New Roman font but if they are opened as a .doc, they are in the correct font of Arial. Anyone got any ideas why and how I can fix this? Thanks very much. This doesn't make any sense. Documents always open in the format in which they are saved. What *exactly* are you doing? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com ...

2 pivot tables on one tab
Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook? Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart Capital Pircahses? I have 5 coums and 4 rows. The rows are per division, and the columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value, depreciation & purchase price. I already have one pivot table in my report. Would this be too repeatative? Thanks You can put multiple pivot tables onto a worksheet. If the second one is based on the same data, select and copy the first, select a cell some distance away, and paste it. Each pivot table...

Pivot Table Data Ranges
I just upgraded to excel2000, and am finding out that keyboard shortcuts used in 97 do not exist in 2000. Does anyone know of a KEYBOARD shortcut to modify, expand and or create data ranges in the dialog box for entering the range for the pivot. I have many data 'lists' which are added to each month, and when I want to update the corresponding pivot table, I used to simply hit "shift" + "end" + "down arrow" to automatically go to the last populated cell in the list. In 2000, I either have to enter in the cell addy's manually or use the mouse...

Populate List Box
Need some ideas. I have a list box from which our clients will be able to select which form they want to preview or print. However, each client should only have selections available that apply specifically to their company. For example: Company A will require forms 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 Company B will require forms 1, 6 and 7 Company C will require forms 4, 5 and 6 I have some code right now to handle a simple two form variation: If Forms("Main").Controls("Form1Req") = "Yes" and Forms("Main").Controls ("Form2Req") = "No" Then Me.L...

Pivot Table Freezes
I have many pivot tables off a large database and they periodically freeze when I refresh the data. Only solution is to crash out. Any ideas, comments, solutions out there. The machine has been checked out OK. I work on a network - checked out OK. Maybe this is the problem: XL2000: PivotTable Updated Slowly with OLAP Data Source http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=237469 Jimbo wrote: > I have many pivot tables off a large database and they periodically freeze > when I refresh the data. Only solution is to crash out. Any ideas, comments, > solutions out there....

Find cell numbers in a table so I can multiply
Hello, I have a word document and in the documents header there is a table. This table a has diferent number of cells in each row like: Row one: 2 cells Row two: 4 cells Row three: 2 cells Row four: 10 cells Row five: 2 cells What I wanted to do is multipy 3 cells together thats in row four and show the total in the same row. I have a number in the 3rd cell that needs * by the number in the fith cell that needs * by the number in the seventh cell and totaled in the 9th cell. I know I have to select the ninth cell and select table/formula then what? -- Thanks, Chad I ...

Grid Pane Field Expressions
Ordinarily, I would put field expression code in the OnFormat_Detail event section. However, if it's possible to build the expression I want directly into a query grid pane while in grid design, I would prefer to do that in the current instance. Current case: I have a field "Title" (happens to be the title of a classical music piece.) and I also have the cataloging system and values in separate fields, CatSystem and CatSystemVal, e.g., "Op.", "78". So, if the current piece has a chronological catalog value, I want the query to return it appended to the title ...

Field with running count of records
Hi, I have a query with fields such as date, Item Number and Quantity. I want to create an additional field called Count that will act like an autonumber. It will assign a value of 1 for the first record, 2 for the second number etc. Can someone tell me how to do this? Thanks, -- Chuck W There are tons of posts on how to create a "ranking" query. You must have a field or fields that uniquely identify the sort order. If you provided significant table and field names as well as your desired sort order, someone could create the SQL for you if you can't search for and fi...

Set form field on double click
I am using MS Access 2003. I have a continuous form that is run off of a query "srbScientific Review". The query's criteria is set to [Enter Last Name] in the LastName field. That part works fine. I get my continuous form that shows LastName, DocID, and Title of Document. I would like to double click on the DocID and have the following happen: 1. Open another form "publications" 2. Set the SRBId field to the DocId field that I double clicked on. PLEASE help. I think I need to bookmark, clone.... I'm very confused. As a kick in the right ...

duplicate supplier code
I have one supplier and two supplier codes. One is MTT and the other is MT. How do I -properly- convert all of the items from MT to MTT? How do I -properly- delete the vendor? I recommend that you get your Microsoft Partner to fix this one for you. Regards, Ivan Brebner "daytraitors" <daytraitors@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C3AF6F6-52B7-4AD1-9DEF-322B6C4E9249@microsoft.com... >I have one supplier and two supplier codes. > One is MTT and the other is MT. > > How do I -properly- convert all of the items from MT to MTT? > > How do I -...

Get External Data
I have a 2 column table which is likely to change length whenever the Refresh Data menu option is selected. The table links to another software package (SAGE). I don't have formulae in adjacent columns so my problem can not be solved by checking the "Fill Down formulas in columns adjacent to data" box. I do, however, have text in adjacent columns (which the user selects from an in-cell drop down list) which I need to remain aligned with the relevant row. The "insert entire rows for new data ..." option does not appear to do what it says! It only inserts rows in the...

Socket relared problem (getting free port number dynamically) #2
Hi all, i have one problem related to thread. i am having my main thread running which will on some event create a thread for validation purpose and then will start working. and now this validator thread will create a socket and it will bind to port 20111. and then will wait for client to connect. but before waiting for client to connect it will send a message to the main thread that validation is done. but in this way i need to stick with port 20111.which i really don't want. Is it possible for me to get a free port from operating system or from winsock library and then i should bind t...

How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", bet
How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", between. Is it a formala I can use? HI Try this =A1&" "&""""&B1&" "&""""&C1, adjust range to your needs HTH John "JOF" <JOF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BD2A42E-BCB9-4504-8454-727E366E25DD@microsoft.com... > How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", between. Is > it > a formala I can use? ...

URGENT: Creating a chart (Getting the correct input and output) unable to figure out
Hi, I have been trying to create this chart since a long time now and go no clue what am donig wrong. I have some machines in my company and all of them have a end of life for example: Machine 1, at location A with End of Life in 2004 Machine 2, at location B with End of Life in 2008 I want the years on x-axis and the machine locations on y-axis. Afte that I want horizantal lines representing machines which also show th end of life. For a better understanding, see the attached excel file. I have als created an image of the chart I'm looking to draw. Please advise. Thanks. Ker ...

Sizing Data Tables on a chart
When I have a data table attached to a chart and size the chart, the data table does not size proportionately ...

Access 2003 file format advange?
We're upgrading our system from Access 2000 to Access 2003. I'm aware that version 2000 databases can be opened in Access 2003 without conversion, and it did, in fact open, but are there any benefits to converting the database to version 2003? Or, are there reasons why our 2000 database should NOT be converted to 2003? It's hard to beleive that it wouldn't matter one way or the other, and think there must be some advantage to converting to a file format of "2003" if we're using Access 2003. Many thanks in advance. On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:31:13 -0500, Si...

what is cannot complete operation error code 0x80040155
my clip art is gone how do I get it back You need to re-register the Ole32.dll Start, run, type in the open box regsvr32 ole32.dll If that doesn't work... You receive a "Clipart cannot complete the operation" error message when you try to insert clip art in an Office XP program or in an Office 2003 program http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889885/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "dredrhino" <dredrhino@discussions.microsoft...

Activate Mailbox Calendars without logging on as user?
Hi Exchange experts, I have created a test site with an OU of 20 users with Exchange 2003 mailboxes. I would like to use PFDAVAdmin to grant everyone read only permissions to the calendars and grant publishing editor (or equivalent) permissions on the calendars so I can populate the users with test appointments. I understood that PFDAVAdmin synchronizes free/busy info at the same time as it assigns permissions. However, I am having two problems that I would appreciate you advice on : a) I cannot seem to access the mailbox calendar properties in PFDAVAdmin until I try to access them ...

Excel Pivot tables and charts
How do I retain pivot chart formats that I have made (esp. column colours) after refreshing the data on the source pivot table? Hi, Loss of chart formatting wwith regards to pivot charts is a know problem, which requires VBA to re apply recorded formatting. XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting (Q215904) <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904 > Cheers Andy Pauleze wrote: > How do I retain pivot chart formats that I have made (esp. column colours) > after refreshing the data on the source pivot table? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP...

Conditional formatting #87
Can I do a conditional formatting on a range if the value in one cell in the range = X in other words can I format the back ground for line 5 if C5 = X Use conditional formating. Select the whole row Set the condition Formula Is =$C$5="X" Choose the Format you want for the cells in that row. -- Regards Roger Govier "ESREI" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:339b01c51f10$38d61860$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can I do a conditional formatting on a range if the value > in one cell in the range = X > > in other words can I format the b...

Text Box Justify
How do I justify text across a text box? Typing indirectly seems the only way to create justified text. Any editing or pasting renders full width justiying inoperable. Any ideas out there? Thanks!! -- StevieB. StevieB. <redhousecottage@britt.uk.net.> was very recently heard to utter: > How do I justify text across a text box? > Typing indirectly seems the only way to create justified text. > Any editing or pasting renders full width justiying inoperable. Pasting will use the format of the source text unless you tell it otherwise. You'll need to paste as plain text or rea...

Brithdays & Anniversaries get recreated from time to time
Apparently Outlook occasionally (I guess at the begin of a year) recreates recurring appointments from the birthdays and anniversaries that it finds in my Contacts-entries. What's annying about this is, that for lots of birthdays I now have duplicates, i.e. TWO appointments. And what's desastrous is that all these new appointments have a reminder set at 12pm of that day. Thus, in the last couple of days repeatedly the alarm of my PDA has gone off to remind me of some friends birthday and woke up me and my wife at midnight (which each time caused some major quarrel and my PDA a...