Extremely slow open doc missing template - Word 2007 in Windows 7

When we open a document with a template  \\servername\folder and the server
does not exist i e when opening a document attached in an email it takes
about 5 minutes to open the document.

The problem occours when working in a net work. If we replace the template
path with normal.dot the document opens fast. But there are thounsands of
documents.

If I open the same document in Vista or in Server 2008 R2 I can press ESC to
stop Word looking after the template. But it does not work in Windows 7.

I am going to try this old solution .. think it is the same problem .. so
maybe it will work

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/830561/en-us?spid=2530&sid=49

"Sambuccus" wrote:

> When we open a document with a template  \\servername\folder and the server
> does not exist i e when opening a document attached in an email it takes
> about 5 minutes to open the document.
>
> The problem occours when working in a net work. If we replace the template
> path with normal.dot the document opens fast. But there are thounsands of
> documents.
>
> If I open the same document in Vista or in Server 2008 R2 I can press ESC to
> stop Word looking after the template. But it does not work in Windows 7.

customizing quote merge template

Window Redirection?

Money and Windows Mobile 5.0 Devices
I've got a new Windows Mobile 5.0 device and have found that the PPC Money client for Money 2005 will not sync to it. From http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx it appears Money 2004-6 will not sync but it doesn't mention anything about Money 2007...but I can't find a Windows Mobile Client for 2007. Is there anyway to get any version of Money to sync to a Windows Mobile 5.0 device? Thanks, Don Not at present, except by using third party software such as SPB Finance/ -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.or...

open two different Access reports

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

opening .pst archives

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

opening a .docx with word 2004

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

compact database in VBA access 2007

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...