Extra word prints that does not show when viewing the document

When I print my document or view it, this extra word is not there.  When the
document prints, this hidden word is in the printed document.  How do I find
this hidden word and delete it?

If it prints, you know where it is. Have you turned on your nonprinting
characters, etc? Have you tried copying and pasting it into a new blank
document?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"S Roberts" <S Roberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I print my document or view it, this extra word is not there.  When
> the
> document prints, this hidden word is in the printed document.  How do I
> find
> this hidden word and delete it?

0
JoAnn

Single file won't print
I have an Excel worksheet that won't print. Others will as will Word and other app docs. When instructed to 'print' the messages are all there however, the file never gets to the printer even though the indications all says it does. I checked something somewhere but can't re-find it. Perhaps; "File->Print" -->"Print to File"(?) -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "trob2002" <trob2002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF7A9322-5451-46F0-AED7-81EF54B98F41@microsoft....

Errors in printing HTML e-mails
Hello and I hope that someone out there can help me out. I have a client where his computer is unable to print out HTML documents. Only Outlook can print in Rich Text or plain but not in HTML. A window appears before you can get to the appropriate printer. The error are as follows. +++++ An error has occurred in the script on this page Line 1344 Char: 1 Error: Unspecified Code: 0 URL: res:C:\\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg +++++ It asks me to continue with the script and it does not matter whether you choose yes or no, there is no print outs. I have checked with this web sit...

SOP-Valid Document Number Could Not Be Found
When trying to transfer a batch of SOP Orders to Invoices, the orders do not transfer and on the report it states: "A valid document number could not be found" I check the next doc number in SOP Setup, ran checklinks in Sales Setup and Sales Work. Has anyone come across this? -- Ryan ...

Evaluation mode warning shows sometimes and only on some machines.
We just upgraded from 1.0 to 1.2 with an upgrade disk from our local Microsoft Partner, but now on some machines and only some of the time we get the evaluation mode warning getting ready to expire message. thanks Make sure that POS is open on Register #1 before starting any of the others. Tips: The dongle should be the first POS to boot, a POS that you actually use, and the dongle is not being touched or moved or antyhing like that. -- It's not that you don't know, you're just too lazy to think! "Jason Hunt" wrote: > Make sure that POS is open on Regis...

Viewing all transactions
MS Money Essentials won't let me see all the transactions for the year....it only lets me see 3 months. I have clicked the button that says "SEE ALL" but I still only get 3 months to view. I want to view older transactions so that I can classify the expenses. How do I view older transactions? Essentials is a very cut down version of the fully fledged versions of Money. I suspect that what you are seeing is an effect of the "cutting down". If I am right you really need one of the more feature rich versions. Whilst not specifically addressing your problem http...

Trouble w/Print Svr 2003 and Win 7 Drivers
I am having trouble installing Win7 64 bit drivers onto our Win Server 2003 32 bit print server. So far the only printers I have tried are the HP printers. I have tried adding new to the existing ports and I have tried to update existing with new Win7 64 drivers. They will not load. I am using this procedure . . right clicking the existing printer icon (Win 2000 and Win XP drivers both installed) to get the properties - then advanced tab - then then Add New Driver - use the disk to select the downloaded drivers from HP. Ends in errors every time on every printer definit...

form appearence or view
I've created a form named '' Employee List ''. The form is suppose to appear as a dynamic form. This form is accessed from a splash screen (main menu). When I click the button on the main menu, the Employee List appears in a normal form view ; not a dynamic table view. I did change the form propreties so that the default view would be a dynamic table but it dosen't seem to work.. Any ideas ? Marc On Oct 22, 1:05 pm, macdoum <macarpent...@netscape.ca> wrote: > I've created a form named '' Employee List ''. > > The form is suppose...

Non-Printing Cells
Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to format individual cells so that they do not print. I do not want to hide rows or columns as I want to be able to see the contents on the screen. Thanks Andrew, Almost what you want... Use a custom number format of 3 semicolons ;;; The content of the cell will appear in the formula bar but not on the screen. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA "Andrew Mackenzie" <a_d_mackenzie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OXsY9zBZEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to format individual cells so...

Why won't my Publisher documents print in draft mode?
I set my printer preferences to print in Draft mode. I'm using a document that has simply words and one clip art graphic. The preference commands all "stick." Yet my printer prints some documents in draft but the majority in normal. Also, if I ask the system to print more than 2 copies of the document in draft mode, it thinks there is a paper jam after the second copy. Why? How can I correct this to print multiple copies in deraft mode without having to sit by the printer and watch each page roll out? Might ask this at the printer manufacturer's web site. Look f...

Excel Lags after printing
Whenever I print certain files in excel XP I experience a severe lag after doing so. What I mean is if a try and page up it just takes a really long time to refresh at the proper point. Same thing happens if I scroll with the arrow keys. These files are by no means large they are around 95k. I have updated the printer drivers and that did nothing. I added more Virtual memory and that helped a little. The only thing that fix's it is to close excel and re-open the file then it works fine again until the next time I print. ...

Publisher 97 will not print graphics
I recently bought a new computer with Windows XP. It did not come with Publisher, so I am using Publisher 97 from my old set-up. It always worked great. Now, on the new computer, the graphics will not print. Is it a compatiblity issue with XP? I really don't want to purchase an upgrade just for my holiday newsletters and party invitations, but I do like how Publisher is easy to use and more flexible than a "greeting card" program. When you go to print in Publisher 97, there is a check off "Do Not Print Pictures" un-tick this. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.m...

Victorian mod curs wont print top of capital in size under 14font
I have downloaded Victorian Modern Cursive font, but when I use it in word, if the font size is under 14, it cuts off the top of the capital letter? Any clues on how to fix this. Works fine in font sizes above 14 Change your paragraph settings, specifically your line spacing. Don't make it "Exactly" a number. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291353 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Ballet Babe" <Ballet Babe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93BE7839-...

multiple prints in Excel
When I want to print a number of copies of a worksheet if I ask for a print preview I end up with a preview for each copy. Can I get one preview no matter how many copies I print. I am using Excel 2003. ...

How do I print collated booklet pages?
I have a 16 page directory to print 125 copies from a HP4100DN. It duplexes fine and comes out collated as a single copy but when I spin up 60 copys they are not collated. Same results with or without collate being ticked in the print dialog box. MS Word collates multi-page jobs just fine through this PC to the same printer. Help! I have a second job of the same type and scale later this week and don't relish one click per copy printing. I just noted another POST from 12/04 reporting the same issue. "Phil Agur" wrote: > I have a 16 page directory to print 125 copies ...

Text box embedded in xl chart doesn't print
Hi, I have a text box that I would like to overlay on a chart to hide the contents. I've selected the chart before drawing the text box to ensure it is embedded, but when I print to a pdf, it appears that the text box gets resized to sit at the top of the chart. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this? Thx ...

Date parameter for report
In the Crystal Report viewer we had for CRM 1.2, when a parameter was a date, it would show something like the datetime picker control. With CRM 3 and SSRS, I've only been able to use a text box type control for the users to type in the date they want. Is there a way to show a calendar-type view for the users to click on a date for a date/time report parameter? Thanks. Hi, Date Picker control is available in SRS 2005 but not in SRS 2000. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail do...

word on mac opens and views in 2 pages i want 1 page view default
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel when i open a word document i receive, the view is 2 page to the screeen, this is too hard to read, i want i page per scren, how do i default it to this to make my reading easier Adjust the Zoom on the document, then save it. Each document opens at the zoom ratio it was last saved at. Word 2008 does not give you a way to specify a default size. Older versions of Word enable you to use a macro to set the zoom, but Word 2008 has no macros. Cheers On 24/01/10 7:23 PM, in article 59bb187d.-1@webcr...

How do I design a web page in MicroSoft Word?
I am taking a course online and need to design a web page using MicroSoft Office. I saw in Power Point that it can help to create web pages....what am I missing? I can not figure out how to bring the wizard up to help me. On 12/1/09 2:25 PM, in article 5CFCCA9C-64BB-44FE-A9FB-3CA15854E157@microsoft.com, "lotsofquestions" <lotsofquestions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am taking a course online and need to design a web page using MicroSoft > Office. I saw in Power Point that it can help to create web pages....what am > I missing? I can not figure...

Printing with PUB2000
When I print with this it changes the fonts in my original document and I have to re-edit them. How do I stop the process of printing from changing my document? ...

page break views
how can i go back to normal view from page break view i have gone into view but it will not let me go back to normal work sheet thanks Go to View and select Normal view. >-----Original Message----- >how can i go back to normal view from page break view i have gone into view but it will not let me go back to normal work sheet thanks >. > ...

Printing an Email Message (but only 1 page)
Hi, when I go to print an email (in Microsoft Outlook), I press "file", then "print", and usually I get a window asking "Print pages -- "all" or "page numbers.." etc, but I don't always get this screen. Sometimes, (depending on the email), I get "print all pages, print only odd pages, or print only even pages". How can I only print the current page, all the time? Thank you! ...

view calendar
Hi, How do I control the view that I get that when opening the calendar. I used to see immediately my own calendar, but for unknown reasons what I get now is an overview of hilday from a shared calendar. I don't understand what I did to change it. Thanks. Open Calendar - click View - Current View. The view options may also be listed on the left side fo the screen. Regards, Francine Otterson -- Francine Otterson Microsoft Outlook MVP President, San Diego Outlook User Group ...

Excel worksheet view
In Japanese 2000 version when I double click a workbook excel opens but the workbook is not displayed in normal view. If i change to full screen view the worksheet displays. If I exit in full screen mode and double click a workbook the workbook is not displayed until I select full screen again. When the workbook is not displayed I can check under window and the file name is shown as current. If I start excel first and then open the workbook displays normally. Any ideas? ...

Converting amount in figures to amount in words
I want to use 'homemade' cheque printing utiity for cheque printing. I need to convert amount in figures to amount in words. Is thare any ready made utility / macro / function / add on available ? -- Shrikant Shrikant, You can find some at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html. If you need an Indian form, where the format is different, post back as I have one of those as well. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Shrikant" <Shrikant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5B2FCB4-A37B-4B58-A255-494931CFDA9E@microsoft.com... > I want to use 'home...

exporting address book to word
I would like to know how to export my address book to word in order to print mailing labels. Not necessary. Use a mail merge instead. Outlook uses Word for performing mail merge functions such as Form Letters, mailing labels, envelopes, and fax or email merges. For an overview of these functions take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/mailmerge.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Arin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:217e001c45b15$07f0f810$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to know...