Export WPX4 Address book to MS Word 2007?

Is it possible to transfer my WordPerfect X4 address book to Word 2007 for
use in addressing envelopes etc.?  I have the home and school version of 07.

Thanks,

Rich Mercer

Word doesn't have an address book. It utilises the contacts list of Outlook,
which of course the student version of Office does not include.
It *may* be possible to extract the data from your WP address book to a Word
table to use as a data source for mail merge, but I suspect you may have to
do this from Word Perfect. If you still have access to WP, check if it has
an option to export to a comma delimited text file or other universal
format.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
..

Richard F Mercer wrote:
> Is it possible to transfer my WordPerfect X4 address book to Word
> 2007 for use in addressing envelopes etc.?  I have the home and
> school version of 07.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich Mercer

0
Graham

Microsoft
Support plan states that "Managed User" will receive an answer from Microsoft within 48 hours if a community user does not answer, but that does not appear to be happening. Please comment. When did you post your query to this newsgroup / and what is the title? Regards James "Lisa Rivers" <LisaRivers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E13EE281-E188-4721-8CC9-D51AD25F27C0@microsoft.com... > Support plan states that "Managed User" will receive an answer from > Microsoft > within 48 hours if a community user does not answer, bu...

Getting email addresses.
Hi, I have a customer who wants to get a list of all the email addresses that are passed through his exchange server, both inbound and outbound. They are using the tracking centre so I was wondering if there was a way of getting the info out of here. Has anyone done this or is it even possible? Is there a better way? Please let me know, Thanks, Chris This information is stored in message tracking logs and in SMTP logs, if logging is enabled. I think your favorite spreadsheet app will help yo with extraction. Logs can be found in \\servername\servername.log. Chris Gradden wrote...

Office 2007
My girlfriend wants me to add German to my English installation of Office 2007 on Win XP SP3 Do I have to buy a Language Pack to make this work? (It seems as though for the 2010 version, you can just download Language packs, but for 2007, you need to buy the separate languages; do I have this right? Can we use it separately, in different languages, seamlessly? Thanks -- TrickTrash "TrickTrash" <tricktrashnoemail.com> wrote in message news:Ogmg0RFSLHA.796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > My girlfriend wants me to add German to my English installation o...

MS-Word to XML to HTML
I have a need to convert MS-Word Documents (6.0 / 97 / 2000 / 2003) to XML and from XML to HTML. This needs to be done programmatically with C/C++/C#. Any information on doing this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, Dave ...

Using data from cells in a Query to a MS Access Database
I need to use a MS Excel 2003 spreadsheet to perform a simple set of calcs. One piece of information I need is stored in an Access Database. If I could have, I would have converted the spreadsheet to an MS Access database and programmed the query to use information from text boxes. However, not all employees in the company have MS Access on their computer. So I need to use an external query in Excel to look at the MS Access Database. I can do that pretty easily. The Query Wizard walks you right through it. However, I need to make it so that the criteria for the query is drawn ...

new message window (Microsoft Word) opens 1/2 way!
When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. There have been a few times that the window will open up all the way but not sure if there is either a regestry setting or local setting that would control this feature??? Thanks! On hands and knees, Paul crawls to SilverRaven and begs: >When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the >window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. >There have been a few times that the window will open up >all the way but not sure if there is either a re...

How do you open PDF files with Word 2007?
I must figure out how to open PDF files in Word 2007. I am taking on line classes and work is shared in PDF format. I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop that came loaded with Windows 7. I have had it a week and need help. I tried to download the Microsoft PDF add on, but it did not work. I can only read code when I open incoming PDF files. The default program is listed as Word. What am I doing wrong? You don't. You need a PDF reader, the most common being Adobe Acrobat Reader which you can download for free. It is huge and has some clever tools, but if you only want to read th...

book query
I would like a recommendation for a good book on Excel. I would place myself as an intermediate who has just started to learn some formulae. I use Excel XP, 97 and also Excel X on my mac I would like it to be not too heavy going so as not to put me off learning Any help would be appreciated Bobby For information and examples on Excel's functions, you can download Peter Noneley's Function Dictionary: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/noneley/ or Norman Harker's information on functions: http://www.contextures.com/functions.html and John Walkenbach's book on formul...

addresses missing in To: field
Hope some has seen this. I have two users who recieved the same email from someone on the outside. They were both addressed in the To: field. Person A gets the email in his inbox and sees all the people listed in the To: field. In Person B's inbox he sees the same email only his email address is in the To: field and not person A's even though the send put both of their names in the To: field of the originating message. Thanks If user B isn't seeing this problem with other senders, either the sender in this case didn't put both in (perhaps resent the message after mi...

windows 2007 power point
I have to send my power point presentation to a school and I want to be able to have the link for the file to be able to open and start playing immediately with the presentation without them having to go to power point and hit slide show etc. How do I do that? "Susanne" <Susanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A19FA37A-4199-4E8F-BE7D-993F61647352@microsoft.com... > I have to send my power point presentation to a school and I want to be > able > to have the link for the file to be able to open and start playing > immediately wit...

Inserting Excel Data into Word Columns
Hi, I am fairly new to VBA and Excel/Word and have been trying to automat a sheet we have, I have created the Excel Sheet and unfortunately th Word doc was created sometime ago and cannot be changed. I have searched this forum and found this code: Code ------------------- Sub CreateNewWordDoc() ' to test this code, paste it into an Excel module ' add a reference to the Word-library ' create a new folder named C:\Foldername or edit the filnames in the code Dim wrdApp As Word.Application Dim wrdDoc As Word.Document Dim i As Integer Set wrdApp = CreateObject(&qu...

Migrating Autotext from 2003-2007 in Outlook
Hi, I'm trying to get the 400 or so Autotext entries my boss uses from the Normal11.dot into NormalEmail.dotm (At least I think that's what I'm trying to do!) - The problem is that although the auto-text works OK in Word 2007 - it does not work in the cut-down version of word that Outlook 2007 now uses. The only way I've found to do this is going through and INDIVIDUALLY clicking each entry in Building Block Organizer and changing the Save- In location to NormalEmail.dotm - this would take hours and hours and hours since there are about 400 autotext entries. Any deirections ...

This system is configured to reject spoofed sender addresses
Just started getting this at a customers site. They have about 10 exchange servers and last week one site started doing the below when a user sends a mail and now a second site is doing the same. both servers started this after a reboot. You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <MAILSERVE #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 This system is configured to reject spoofed sender addresses> any ideas people? hoj...@googlemail.com wrote: > Just started getting this at a customers site. > > They have about 10 exchang...

Publisher 2007 toolbar icons
How can I change the icon for one of the commands I've added to (customized on) the toolbar? I did it in Pub2003 but don't know & can't find how! let alone know if it's available in 07. Thanks. bj Right-click the icon while the customize menu is open, there are options. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "bjm" <bjones44@verizon.net> wrote in message news:uLQcewbyJHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How can I change the icon for one of the commands I've added to (customized > on) the toolbar? > > I did it in Pub2003 but don't k...

Problem generating email address
I have Exchange2003 and Win2003 AD with about 20 child domains running. Now I am experiencing some problem. For one child domain, RUS runs fine and I actually manually did update on RUS. The child domain is located in different geograpgic place and working fine. One word, I don't see any system issue. I created a few new users' email a week ago, by going through the "Exchange Task" process. However, none of their email address is generated. I rebooted email server and child DC. Still the email address is not generated. Any help? Thanks Rick The email addresses a...

Smart List export not working
When I export out the smartlist results by clicking excel, I get the error 'EXP 1493. The Product is not currently loaded'. I checked my client, exp1493.exe is there and it is not read only. exp1493.dic is also there. This is GP 80 On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:52:42 -0700, "AA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I export out the smartlist results by clicking excel, >I get the error 'EXP 1493. The Product is not currently >loaded'. > >I checked my client, exp1493.exe is there and it is not >read only. exp1493.dic is also th...

Excell 2007 Dates and combining 2 cells
I have created a date in Excel with the format of 03/01/01 in the form of mm/dd/yy Sometimes it will display the date in the cell and sometimes it will display a 5 digit number. Also, even if it displays correctly in a cell when combining 2 cells (1 cell being the word date- and the other cell being the date as 03/01/01in the form of mm/dd/yy The combination will be the date and a six digit number. Example Date-16425. What do I need to do in these situations to that it will display the date correctly in one cell( 03/03/01) and display the date correctly in combined cells (Date- 03/...

ht change default directory for import/export
In Access 2007 is there a way to change the default folder location used for import and export? There's a "Default database folder" under the "Popular" Access options, but it only affects open/save and importing/exporting Access files (accdb and mdb). All the other import/exports (txt, xlsx, xml, etc.) all default to My Documents. Would love to change that, any help? ...

Msg: "Some features ... not supported by Word 97"
On some documents, when I save I'm interrupted by the message "Some of the features in this document aren't supported by Microsoft Word 97". I want to answer "SO WHAT?" but maybe I could do something constructive to stop these. Anyone have a way to do it? -- Christopher Brewster Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-word-general/200911/1 Go to Tools | Options | Save and clear the check box for "Disable features introduced after..." If this is Word 2007, and you have chosen Wo...

How do I change the booking window?
I am trying to enter a recurring meeting beyond 1 year and it declines saying "I've gone beyond the booking window," which seems to be 1 year from the start date. Is there anyway to change this to 2 years or anything beyond 1 year? Thanks for any help. The admin needs to change it on the server. See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/book180.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlo...

Corporate Upgrade to Office 2007 SP2
Currently: Office 2003 SP3 applications on XP 2002 SP2 Upgrade to Office 2007 SP2 suite We are planning a corporate upgrade from 2003 apps to 2007 suite for 100,000+ users globally. My question is what are the known issues with this upgrade, whether they are server issues, application issues, functionality issues, etc. I have cross-posted this to the usual applications as well as windows.upgrade and office.misc so I can capture all users of these applications as well as the network people. I am aware of the usual new 2007 user interface issues but are there any problems we can head off at...

free books
1) If you are looking for the truth to soothe and please your self, just click on this link. 2) If you are looking for the secrt of the family happiness, just click on this link 3) If you are looking for solving any social problem you face, just click on this link. free books http://www.lecalame.org/english/html/index.htm ...

Can OfficeX open MS Publisher files?
Does anyone know of a way that OfficeX can open or translate files created in Publisher? It is the one thing that I really miss and need when working back and forth between my G4 and PC files. On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 15:06:23 -0700, "Natalie" <natalie@mcgrathalaska.net> wrote: >Does anyone know of a way that OfficeX can open or >translate files created in Publisher? It is the one thing >that I really miss and need when working back and forth >between my G4 and PC files. AFAIK you're SOL... ("As far as I know you're shit outta luck") to open ...

LCR question in Exchange 2007
With LCR are all the transaction log files copied from the production storage group to LCR copy? if a transaction log file is created on the production storage group is this log file also copied to the LCR copy? Thanks On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:07:01 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >With LCR are all the transaction log files copied from the production storage >group to LCR copy? if a transaction log file is created on the production >storage group is this log file also copied to the LCR copy? > >Thanks Yes. But remember there can only be one sto...

Access 2007 update queries does not update table in SQL Server 200
We have this application upgraded from Access 2003. This application is front end to SQL Server 2005. When we try to run any action queries, Access will show command executed successfully but it will have no effect on the table in SQL Server. This happen when we use WorkSpace and Begin Transaction. Any updates we do between Begin Trans to Commit trans will have no effect. Please help regards Khuzema UPDATE: We are using ODBC to connect to SQL Server 2005 "Khuzema" wrote: > We have this application upgraded from Access 2003. This application is front > end to SQL Se...