Expiration date to a printed document

This is what I'd like to do:
When someone prints the document it displays an expiration date on the
document. ie: Policy and Procedure hardcopy is only good for the day it was
printed.

thanks

I'd suggest a PrintDate field - with the appropriate formatting and
supporting boilerplate text.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

"Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is what I'd like to do:
> When someone prints the document it displays an expiration date on the
> document. ie: Policy and Procedure hardcopy is only good for the day it
> was
> printed.
>
> thanks

0
Gordon

Emails by date received / sent
Help, as a hardened OE user, but now having to use Windows Mail as I understand there is a Vista / Orange/ OE issue!? How do I on Windows mail: sort emails by today, yesterday, last week etc and edit subject headings.. Any advice gratefully received! ...

CFileDialog hangs on "My Documents" click
Platform: Windows 2000 Internet Explorer: 6.0 All patches applied from Microsoft. The following code works fine in our multithread applications, except one thing. When the user clicks on the "My Documents" icon, the program hangs. The rest of the icons work fine. We have tried different machines and have gotten the same results. If we try the application on a Windows XP platform, the error goes away. Anybody got an idea on what the problem might be? static char BASED_CODE szFilter[] = "Ascot 5 Exercise Files (*.aef)|*.aef|Ascot 4 Exercise Files (*.exr)|*.exr|All Fil...

Inventory Received/Booked/Commited during Date Range
Does anybody have a report that shows me the detailed cost amounts and quantity per P.O. of goods received during a certain time frame? So if I receive part of a P.O. in April and Part of a P.O. in May and I run the "received report" for April I only want to see the quantities and cost for the part of the P.O. that was received in April. Never mind, I found the report that I needed on Customer Source. "Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message news:eupu52zyIHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anybody have a report that shows me the detailed cost amounts and ...

Test for a null date
I am getting an #error display on the following function in a control on a report =IIf(IsNull([Projected Start Date]),"",[Projected Start Date]) Why? [Projected Start Date] is a date field that may not have a date entered, hence my test. My ultimate goal is to add text to the date field printout, but leave the line blank so that I can collapse the line in the report if no date exists, but print out text for the date if a date does exist. If the name of the text box, that has this IIf, name is "Projected Start Date" you'll need to change it to something else...

Date Wealthy Men
Today only, join for FREE: http://beam.to/wealthymen Wealthy Men is the one and only online personals site dedicated to those men & women seeking a higher caliber online dating experience. 5 Great Reasons to Join WealthyMen Women now can join a personals site with successful men who make over $100k a year. Men receive many more emails from women than from any other dating site. Men are verified using our patented WM Verification System. Our sophisticated user interface makes checking messages & browsing new members a snap. Connect with thousands of new members eve...

Importing CSV
Hi All, I have to import CSV files into excel. A regular issue with this is that often the CSV files will contain data (in this case account codes) that excel interprets as dates (such as '3-8000' being converted to 1 Mar 8000). Nothing unusual so far, in that we handle that issue by importing manually (External Data - Text import), and specifying that the field in question is imported as TEXT not GENERAL. However, I have a file that, when I double click on it, it opens up perfectly (except with dates where it should be text as outlined above), but if I manually import that f...

Trouble sending word document to PC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I am trying to send word documents to a PC and it opens as a zip drive for the PC and is unreadable. I am using Microsoft word for mac and saving the file as a: Word Document (.docx). What can I do to make the file compatible? The problem is the system and/or the user at the other end. It could be either of several things but without knowing what their software version is or how it's being delivered it's hard to say exactly what they're doing wrong. The OXML (.docx) file is basically a zipped form...

Need a time-date stamp for MS Outlook, please #2
From: "Hugo Acosta" <hacosta@CNYLatino.com> Subject: Need a time-date stamp for MS Outlook, please Date: Friday, September 22, 2006 11:34 AM I apologize in advance if I am sending this request to the wrong place... I would like to have a button in my MS Outlook 2000 toolbar, that when clicked, it will place the DATE/TIME on (whatever) the cursor is located. I work (volunteer) with a non-for-profit Church organization that has no money to pay programmers, to develop (what I was told) this simple task; therefore, I was advised to use this Internet avenue, and see if I could ...

Word 2007 show combined revisions in one document
I combined several sets of revisions in one document and noticed a peculiarity: when a word was replaced without deleting the space after the word and inserting a new space, the deleted word would show up twice in the combined-revisions document -- once before the inserted word and once after. So it looked like this: (replacing "dogs" with "cats" -- I'm USING caps to show the deleted word) I like DOGScatsDOGS. Where the space had been left in, it looked correct: I like DOGS cats. There was no problem in this respect with the individual redlined do...

slow printing
Just installed new dell for boss with win2k and office 2k, all update including w2k sp4 and off2k sp3. User now states that his HP4000 laser prints slow compared to his win98 that this machine replaced. The slow printing only seem to occur in excell - other programs seem fine. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks Bob Page ...

Document not Saved error
Occasionally, a user will get the error message, Document not Saved, when trying to save a spreadsheet. Save as, saving to a different drive results in the same message. To recover, you can Copy the whole sheet, exit then go back into Excel, then past, then save it. We use Excel 97. Does anyone know why this is happening? When you save a file, excel will save it as a temporary file (8 characters, no extension). Then if that save is successful, excel will delete the original and rename this funny named file to the original's name. You see the results when something interferes wi...

PO Printing ERROR
I am facing problum in printing the Purchase order after approval. When i open any PO and try to print it by pressing PRINT button it shows an error like "Run Time Error 13, Type Mismatch" and Quit form RMS Manager Plz any one help me out from this problum. Regards, Naveed ...

prints fine on paper, not on card
I am creating wedding response cards, 5.5" X 4.25" (2 down, perforated, on page). They print fine on an 8.5 X 11 piece of paper, but when I use the actual card the bottom .5" is not printed. Can anyone explain that PLEASE?! What version of Publisher? Are you using a postcard setup? Portrait? It could be your printer's limitation. Some ink jets will have a margin limitation of 5.5. If you are using Publisher 2007 I would suggest using the Avery postcard page setup. Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary ...

Text colour printing problem
Hi, We are having problems printing a spreadsheet from a workmate computer. Most of the data is black with the exception of a of a fe rows where the text is red. when the user tries to print the documen comes out in greyscale, I have checked all settings and confiqs an still it prints greyscale, I even opened a new worksheet and typed ou a red test test page, and this prints correctly. I compared th settings of the two sheets; my test one and the orignal sheet and ther was no noticable difference. The machine is running Win 2K Pro wit Excel 2000. I hope someone can please shed some light on t...

Issues Printing Bubble Chart on Canon Printer
We just installed a new Canon printer and when we printed Excel Bubble Charts on the printer, they are rendered as squares, with inscribed circles. The bubbles are formatted to be shaded, so the squares are shaded. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to fix it? We PDF'd the document and found that the printing problem has disappeared in the PDF'd version. Now we're missing a font on the computer that has the Adobe Acrobat application. If it's not one thing, it's another. I'm still interested in understanding why there's a problem however. "...

Printing legal-paper documents
I am unable to print legal-paper sized documents. All other print jobs work fine. Attempted switching the drivers, though printing to any available printer produces the same problem. Other systems aren't running into this problem on the same printers. It isn't an issue with the type of paper feed, in fact, it doesn't seem to even get beyond the program that is trying to send the print job. In addition, there are no errors produced. I'd appreciate any advice, especially if you could email it to me. Thanks, Nathan Sones natesones@yahoo.com ...

Key in Date and time
How can i code the fields with mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm. so that when i key in i just key in numbers don have to worried about the the slashes and colon. Thanks. -- Tylim ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tylim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34217 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=540530 You need code for that http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good ...

Improved Error Handling Messages/Supporting documentation
The level of error handling messages within CRM 3.0 is mostly at a summary level and means that troubleshooting and investigation timeframes becomes unnecessarily lengthened. For example in trying to import campaign responses the error message under Activities\Bulk Import\Failures\"Data in row did not match the import type" 0x8004032d Unfortunately this error message does not indicate which field is erroring out on so trying to troubleshoot somethign which in principle appears fairly simple becomes an onerous task - and is hit/miss in terms of success. Is it possible to prov...

Weird meeting accepted email date
Recently we found that 1 particular individual's accepted meeting email reply has a sent date of 12/31/1969 7:00PM. It has happened twice in the past week. This meeting accepted email reply was sent from a Blackberry. Has anyone encountered this problem? Thanks. In news:D3EA6D5C-4FCC-4057-AB63-9791839B7ED1@microsoft.com, wli2k2 <wli2k2@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Recently we found that 1 particular individual's accepted meeting > email reply has a sent date of 12/31/1969 7:00PM. It has happened > twice in the past week. This meeting accepted email re...

How to print 11 x 17
I have Publisher 2003 and cannot figure out how to print on 11x17 paper. The document is 11x17. I set the paper size in Publisher and my printer driver (Epson 1280) to print 11x17. I triple verifed my both Publisher and printer driver settings. However, my output is a cropped to 8.5x11 on 11x17 paper. When I return to Publisher after printing, I notice that my page setup has reverted back to 8.5x11 even though the rulers on the document still show 11x17. To make matters even more odd, this document was created in Publisher 2002 and printed just fine. I've enen tried copyin...

kill all documents
How to kill all documents (active or inactive) when an mdi application is closed? Thanks. Jess I am assuming you want to close all documents when the application closes. But thats exactly what happens by default. It the document has changed the user gets a choice to close the document by default. What exactly do you want to do. -------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com You can call SaveAllModified() any time you'd like. I also wrote this code to loop through open documents that might be interesting to you: POSITION pos = GetFirstDocTemplatePosition(); while (pos) { CDocTempla...

How to add document found to hyperlink url
I have a hyperlink "url" which points to where internet document files are stored. However, I don't know the name of the actual documents until I get to the path and then click on the document that I want. How do I code to pick up the document name and "ADD" it to the url path so that the next time someone clicks on the hyperlink it takes them directly to the document and opens the document? Any suggestions or help appreciated. Thanks, Preston -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200706/1 Check ...

Stock value on a given date
If i wanted to see what my stock value was on a given date, e.g. 01st July 2007 is it just a case of running an item value report for the required date? -- Philip Gass Donaghadee Garden Centre Philip, I think that to get an inventory value at some time in the past you must take the current inventory and undo all movement back to the date you wish. I don't think you would do this in Active Reports. You could do it in Crystal, but it would be a complicated and slow running report. I have not tried it yet, though we could use it around here. If there is a better way to get at...

Printing problem.
Hi, i'm having a strange problem with some excel files in a Windows 2000 Server (no service pack applied) network. Some users are able to print a file while other are not. No error message is exhibited on screen. Users have the some network rights. This happens only with a few files, all of them located on the same folder on the server. Clients are using Windows 98 SE and Windows Me. We are using Office 2000 SR1 Thanks, -- Carlos Vaz --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release ...

Not Print Last Page of a Report
Depending on a value on form, I want to not the last page of a report. Using an event procedure of the report , is there a way to code so the last page does not print? I use the Report Open event to perform several other procedure based on the value of the form. I just can not figure out how to stop the last page from printing. Thanks for any help, Lamar Lamar wrote: >Depending on a value on form, I want to not the last page of a report. >Using an event procedure of the report , is there a way to code so the last >page does not print? I use the Report Open event to perfo...