drop down arrows only show up when in the field

Is there any way to format a drop down list on a form so that the drop down
arrow appears all the time, and not just when you tab or click into that
field?  I'm trying to give my users an idea of which fields are drop down
versus free text.

Thanks for your help.

No, not if you're using a protected form and dropdown formfields.

If you change the template to display a userform
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm) and just
insert the resulting values into the document, the dropdowns in the userform
do always show the arrow by default (although it can be hidden). A userform
also simplifies the job of validating users' entries. It has the relative
drawback of requiring users to allow macros to run.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Rob wrote:
> Is there any way to format a drop down list on a form so that the
> drop down arrow appears all the time, and not just when you tab or
> click into that field?  I'm trying to give my users an idea of which
> fields are drop down versus free text.
>
> Thanks for your help.

0
Jay

Data Validation using List (But needs unique list in drop down lis
Hi all, In sheet 1, column A is my title name while column B is person name. Sheet 1 is my database where i do data entry in this. In sheet 2, contains my query page. In cell A5, i uses data validation - list, on this cell. Say in sheet 1 : column A column B XXXXXXX Mr A YYYYYYYY Mr A ZZZZZZZZ Mr A AAAAAAA Mr B WWWWW Mr C DDDDDDD Mr C But In sheet 2, cell A5, I saw in the drop down list as follows: Mr A Mr A Mr A Mr B Mr C Mr C But i want to see this in cell A5 instead (Unique name that is) : Mr A Mr B Mr C ...

How to convert hyperlink in Excel to show hyperlinked address?
I have an Excel spreadsheet with a list of hyperlinked email addresses. For example the list displays "Email", but the hyperlinked data is "mailto:name@domain.com". I need to "un-hyperlink" the information so that I have a list of the data itself - i.e. so I have a list of the name@domain.com addresses. Using Excel 2003. Thanks for any help you can provide! IN EXCEL 2007 (maybe 2003 but not sure) / right click the cell and select Remove Hyperlink. If my comment has helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Bruce" wrote: > I have ...

How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange 2003 ?
How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange 2003 ? (make BCC field unvalible) In news:u6NrOZiyFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, RikS <riks.tw@yahoo.com.tw> typed: > How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange > 2003 ? (make BCC field unvalible) Don't know how you'd do this offhand, but I wouldn't. If users are misusing BCC, educate them, and make this an HR issue. It really isn't a technical one. HI Riks go to new mail over there on toolbar u will be getting option in that opti...

Changing font size in data validation drop-down lists
In Excel 2003, I created the value list on a separate worksheet and labled the range so I could use it in the data validation wizard on a different worksheet. The list is working fine; however, the font size in the drop-down list is too small to comfortably read. So far, I have tried: Making the font in the list larger. Formatting larger font size in the active cell with the drop-down button And, creating the list on the same worksheet. All three remedies have not increased the size of the font in the drop-down list. Suggestions are welcome. Great Optimism, Dutch Driver There is n...

writing calculated fields
I am trying to avoid starting a Crystal report from scratch, please help me! I need to use the equivalent of the "If, Then, Else" formula in Crystal reports in Report Writer. I need my PO in report writer to: if {IV00101.UOMSCHDL}="xxxxx" then (PO ordered QTY * 30) else if {IV00101.UOMSCHDL}="xxxxx" then (PO ordered QTY * 40) else PO ordered QTY I can only place PO's to the vendor in eaches but I am entering the PO into GP in cases. I have the PO processing side setup correctly, I just need the PO to print now. Thank you! -- CK Create two new calculate...

text in cell shows up as ####

Could very much use a Field List
I apologize if this is out there already, but it seems that at least a few field names changed from 1.2 to 1.3. Although I had downloaded a field list before, from here, I cannot even find that original post, let alone any more recent that might contain the correct field names. I need to do some custom SQL and would prefer not to reinvent the wheel. Thanks in advance very much to anyone who could help. Bud Izen Salem Oregon Do you have MS Access? Make a new project and attach to the database as your data source. You will be able to see all the tables and the field names. It has been ...

How can i null out a field going through CRM Update object
I have a custom field that i want to set back to null. Any ideas how i can do this through the object.update function? thanks ...

Drag and Drop
Hi, I'd like to allow drag'n'drop operation to list box (CListCtrl), placed on dialog box. I checked Accept files in properties of this CListCtrl, created OnDropFiles(HDROP hDropInfo) method of the dialog and placed afx_msg void OnDropFiles(HDROP hDropInfo); in .h file. When I drop file, cursor will change but OnDropFiles isn't called. What's wrong with that? -- Deli The OnDropFiles() handler must be in the CListCtrl-derived class, not the CDialog-derived class. "Deli" <deli_@ANTISPAMop.pl> wrote in message news:cgkt28$gj1$1@inews.gazeta.pl... > Hi, &...

Removing gray shading in protected forms (drop down box)
Hello- I am creating some contract templates for my company's sales force using Word 2003. I am using the forms toolbar to insert checkboxes and drop down boxes from which to select deliverable specifications. The problem is that when a user selects an option from the drop down box, the gray shading remains. I know the sales teams HATE the gray shading because they don't think it looks very good when sending to customers. Is there a way to disable the shading when an option is selected? Thanks. You can remove form field shading altogether using the corresponding b...

Combo values from query based on form fields
I am setting the values for a combo box in a form(s) via a query that 'filters' the results with criteria based upon the values of other fields on the form. The combo is a field that is bound. However, this is giving all kinds of problems ranging from Access completely crashing to being asked for the parameter values of those criteria fields when closing the form. I have tried making the combo an unbound field and then setting the value of the bound field to that unbound field after update, but that still leads to the same issues. How can I do this? As example - I have a form w...

Delete drop down list
I see instructions for creating drop down lists, but not for deleting them. I have a list that is no longer useful and would like to delete it from the worksheet (To clarify: I am talking about removing the list from the list of list names that appears when using the F3 key) Thank you -- MZ Select the range. From menu Data>Validation>Select 'Any value' OR If you dont have data in those cells from menu Edit>Clear>All -- Jacob "MZ" wrote: > I see instructions for creating drop down lists, but not for deleting them. I > have a l...

Conditional text field Total
Hi, In the detail section of a report I have a text box that based on a condition, it will be either a 0 or a 1. I want to total the control at the end of the report. I did this in another report a couple of years ago but it is not working now. In the previous report, the ControlSource of the total is = [TextBoxNameFromDetailSection] and it sums correctly. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks. Leah -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201001/1 Thanks but I see what was missing - "running sum over ...

ADO Field is Nothing error
Running ANY integration on version 10 (have SP 4 installed in Dynamics AND integration manager) yields this error for EVERY user except me (I am an administrator on our domain). There are no symbols or weird charcters. These worked fine a couple months ago, but now no one can run any. These are not even sql optimized eConnect one. They are basic standard integrations. Are you using a shared Integration Manager database or does each user have their own. If the latter, then users may not be seeing the file you are seeing in the location you are seeing it. Best regards, --...

trying to select the last 3 digits of a field
hello all this is the query im using (I am looking to get the last 3 characters of a field): rep_code: Right(tablename.fieldname,3) And I get this error: IDBC--call failed [Informix][Infomirx ODBC Driver][Informix]A syntax error has occurred. (#-201) Is it something wrong with my query or something outside Access 2003 (since the table I am trying to work with its using an ODBC conexion)? Any ideas??? Thanks ...

CComboBox shows only one item at a time !
Hi All, I am using CComboBox control and have tried both dropdown and dropddown list styles. The problem is that I have several items in the combo box but dropdown shows only 1 at a time (i.e. the arrows of v-scrollbar are stuck together).. How do I remedy this ? Thanks in advance. Ashish Got it... Thanks "Ashish" <abc@def.com> wrote in message news:eqRb$LSyDHA.2304@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > I am using CComboBox control and have tried both dropdown and dropddown list > styles. The problem is that I have several items in the combo box but > dropdown sho...

Outlook 2007-exchange issue..inbox doesn't show new mails when offline!
Hi I have outlook 2007 (Beta 2) installed and I connect to my office exchange server(2003) as well. Incoming mails from internet get routed to my local pst. Mails from exchange server keep sitting in my exchange mailbox-inbox, which I manually copy to my pst inbox (as is a known issue with Beta 2). Yesterday, for the first time I downloaded mails from home. Outlook downloaded all mails and the unread mail count increased....however, it just wouldn't show the new mails received. All it showed was my earlier mails downloaded while I was still connected to exchange server. Now I came to wo...

Excel 2002
When I press the left / right or up/down arrow keys in Excel 2002 (Vista) it scrolls the spreadsheet columns or rows, it does not move the cursor form cell to cell. How can I restore the normal cell to cell capability? Thanks Hi Bob Press your Scroll Lock key on the top right HTH John "+Bob+" <nomailplease@example.com> wrote in message news:62hnd5pmurr5fh1cltn1t3ie537pcjb479@4ax.com... > When I press the left / right or up/down arrow keys in Excel 2002 > (Vista) it scrolls the spreadsheet columns or rows, it does not move > the cursor form cell to cell. > > ...

Reversing a cancelled contract in Field Service Contract Adminstra
I am a regular lurker on this board and really appreciate the information I have learned here so far. I have a specific question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. We are on GP 10.0 and use Field Service Contract Administration to manage customer contracts and billing. We processed a cancellation on a contract in Contract Administration (Field Service - Transactions - Contract Administration - Contract Entry/Update - Selected a contract - clicked Cancel button - completed info). This contract is now showing as "Cancelled" in the bottom right corner of that screen. ...

Report to show totals for each day of month
Greetings, I have an Excel spreadsheet that I use to capture: Column A) Day of the month (1-May, 2-May, etc.) Column B) How many clients were in residence on each day (Occupancy) Column C) Total Capacity (27) Column D) Shows a "1" if the Occupancy is 90% or more of the Total Capacity, else "0" The Totals row shows: Column B) The average Occupancy for the month Column D) Totals the times there is a "1" in Column D Is there a way for me to capture this data in a Report? I've got a query set up that uses these expressions: For AdmitDate: <=[Dat...

Branching Drop Down Menu
I know how to create drop down menus, I have a price list with headings and i would like the headings to appear in a drop down box, then when you roll over the heading in the drop down another drop down box will branch out with the products under that heading. Is this possible in excel? Thank you Yes. Possible. See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal02.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:20:05 -0700, "tnvis" <tnvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know how to create drop down menus, I have a price ...

Sent items from Blackberry 9700 not showing properly in Entourage sent items

Simple drop down list validation
Hi All, I have two lists on one sheet, (Data), Services & Price. In another sheet, (Invoice), I am using a drop down list for services, and when a service is selected I would like it to automatically fill in the price column. I thought it would be simple but I seem to be getting the formula wrong, can you help? Many thanks! -- KerryOrr It always helps if you can give exact cell references where your data is located, but in the absence of that it will be something like: =VLOOKUP(A1,Data!A$1:B$100,2,0) in B1 of your Invoice sheet. Assumes data occupies A1:B100 of Data sheet...

How to keep data fields an graphs together when sharing presentati
When I create a graphic chart in PowerPoint and then send it for comments to other parties thru e-mail, they can't edit the data fields. PowerPoint gives the error that can't find the data. How can I keep the worksheets attached presentation slides? And... how can I fix the problem on slides already made? In article <D13996A0-BF28-4E70-8A4A-BEB9E06F0F02@microsoft.com>, Margie wrote: > When I create a graphic chart in PowerPoint and then send it for comments to > other parties thru e-mail, they can't edit the data fields. PowerPoint gives > the error t...