Dots in my printed word document

I have a document with four paragraphs on it.  Inbetween paragraphs two and
three are a series of small dots that only show up when I print - they are
not visible on my screen.  This is not a printer problem - I have tried three
different ones.  The small dots do not show up between any other paragraph.
I've cut and pasted the text to a new word document and when I print, the
little dots are still there.  Again, they are invisible on the screen.

Any ideas?

Do you see them if you increase your Zoom way up?

It's likely that they're a Border on the bottom of para. 2 or the top
of para. 3.  Select paras. 2 and 3, go to the Format > Borders panel
(you don't say which version of Word), and if you see a line between
the paragraphs in the diagram, click on it to turn it off.

On Mar 24, 12:09=A0pm, Atlanta <Atla...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I have a document with four paragraphs on it. =A0Inbetween paragraphs two=
 and
> three are a series of small dots that only show up when I print - they ar=
> not visible on my screen. =A0This is not a printer problem - I have tried=
 three
> different ones. =A0The small dots do not show up between any other paragr=
aph. =A0
> I've cut and pasted the text to a new word document and when I print, the
> little dots are still there. =A0Again, they are invisible on the screen.
>
> Any ideas?

0
Peter

Can't set the page size as large as the printer will print!
Hi, We use publisher 2002 at the office to make some large montages using our HP750C. In other programs, we can set the page size to 34" by 60" and print large displays, but in Publisher, if we set the page size to larger than the "standard" large page size of 34 by 44, then it will make the display area that big, but the white page underneath is still 34 by 44. Is there a size limit to publisher? Or, do you think it something in the printer setup under Publisher? We are stumped. We can print larger displays from Canvas and a Oilfield Seismic mapping program, but not P...

CRM 3.0
Hello all, Does anyone know if an Excel file can be opened from a custom button added to the Account form? We have added the button to the isv.config file, but the file doesn't open in Excel, it just displays characters in the window that opens. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Cannot open word files outside word
Reinstalled Office 2003 on a recent Windows 7 upgrade. When clicking on a word file, word opens and the following message appears "There was a problem sending the command to the program". The file does not open. Excell files open in Excell, Powerpoint files open in Powerpoint. If I open Word first, then I can open the file within word. Any ideas? See the article "How to re-register Word when problems crop up opening files” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm Or, in Windows Explorer, right click on a Word document and select Open Wit...

Inser Access Query in Word 2000 vs 2003
Hello, Under Word/Access 2000 i used a query to input Access data into into a Word document (joining). In the Access query i had a criteria for wich a message box opened so i could input the selection criteria. So when i opened the Word document the criteria message box popped up. This works fine if i copy both the joining Word document and the Access database (including the query) onto a system with Office professional 2003. However when i make a new Word document in which i want to use the same query it does not work. I do not get the possibility to select the query. When i remove the s...

Publisher 03 & successfully printing publication
I have tried everything to set my publication so that it will print to the edge of the page with no success. Now I'd just like it to print the entire page - it is leaving a white space - approximately 1/2 inch - at the bottom of each page. Somewhere along the way I've changed enough to create the problem I now have. I've tried the following to correct the problem: change printing preferences, calibrate printer, change margins in the Publisher document, tried bordorless printing, change the master page eliminating heading and footers...nothing has worked. Hi Georgia (Geo...

Printing the contents of a CDialog
I have an app that displays a CDialog with some text and a graph. I want to print the dialog. Is there an easy way to do this? ...

how to display single database records into forms for printing
I have info stored in a csv format, viewable by excel. I want to take each individual record of that database and put it into a form suitable for printing. And then print each record. I will also need to do this on a regular basis, using data in the same format, but with different numbers of records in each database. Is there an easy way to do this? It's called Mail Merge: http://www.officearticles.com/word/mail_merge_letters_in_microsoft_word.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "need help" <need help@discussions.micros...

Problems with Printing Y-Values
I need to print several linear graphs with y-values that run to 3 decimal places (ex. 4.630). When I add a y-axis title, the values print like this: 4. . 6 with the 6 actually falling ON the y-axis. However, once I omit the y-axis title, the y-values print perfectly. What is wrong and how do I fix it?! I need an axis title as well as y- values! Thanks. ...

spellcheck dots in email signature #2
How do I get rid of the dots that appear under some words in my email signature? castle <castle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I get rid of the dots that appear under some words in my email > signature? Turn off grammar checking? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Problem copying from WORD to Publisher
I'm trying to copy text from WORD and paste it in Publisher. When I paste it, it forms a new text box of some or all of the text copied. How can I get it to just paste the text and NOT make a new text box? Be certain your cursor is in the Publisher text box before you paste. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Lacy" <Lacy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20DC8D8D-B78E-456C-9DDE-AE886FC829FA@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to copy text from WORD and paste it in Publisher. When I paste it, > it forms a new text box of some or all of the text ...

how to install the two sided print module for publisher
i want to print on both sides of an A4 page and want my printer to automatically turn it over. So that I do not have to re-insert the paper back into the printer. I am trying to create a tent style invitation thank you The 2 sided printer function is a PRINTER function not a Publisher function. If your printer does not have it then you are out of luck. John G. "stormrider" <stormrider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C74F4C14-942F-4A1F-B021-CA6A07E3AFAF@microsoft.com... >i want to print on both sides of an A4 page and want my printer to > automatica...

Printing a selected part of worksheet
I know it's possible to highlight a portion of a worksheet and print just that part. That works fine, but I have a super big spreadsheet that has to be broken into several pieces before I can print it. I'd like to make the process more efficient by assigning names to various portions of the spreadsheet. Then, when I would want to print, I could simply tell Excel to print those predesignated portions. But how do I do that? Any help is much appreciated. Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany MB wrote: > I ...

Transferring Excel Data to Word Document
I have an Excel File with ~4000 unique account numbers. For eac account, I need to create a single form letter with an attachment t the letter for each. In the Word Document attachment, I need t summarize data contained in the Excel Spreadsheet (Word and Excel File are attached). Is there a way to somehow import this data into Word o to create the same table in Excel. Also, the data will need to b subtotalled if the customer purchased the same security but o different days. For example, Suzanne Mullens purchased OPPENHEIME LIMITED TERM GOV'T CLASS B on three different days. I would ...

Printing reports 05-14-04
H When I try to print a customize report, I have this error message Crystal Report Viewer Information is needed before this report can be processed. [On Cache/Page Server: <server_name>.pageserver] But in the computer where I have created these reports, when I try to print these reports, it asks me "User ID" and "password" to connect the database. (apparently it is the user/password of Crystal, it is the only one which functions Any Idea Thanks are the users who run the report in the same domain as the crm server? "Christophe" <anonymous@discussion...

Selecting and printing
I have a section about 30 rows long and 4 columns wide. These cells are color coded and 3 of the 4 columns are calculated cells. How can I have my user capture an image of this section, expand the font size, then print without color? Thanx!!! Paste it into Word as a picture, resize it, and print to a printer setup that's designed to only print black and white? **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ www.Brainbench.com Word Test Developer 2000,2002,2003 ******************************** "David#" <anonymous@di...

printing labels from a from
I have a set of records in a subform. I have one field in that subform showing how many labels do I need to print for that specific record. How can I make access to read that number "x", and print "x" number of copies of the same label. I need 3 labels for record A I need 5 labels for record B I need 1 labels for record C mrpItem mrpQtyReq stdPack: numberOfLabels: A 30 10 3 B 50 50 5 C 10 10 ...

Forced print margin
Excel, Word, etc. seem to be forcing a 0.46" bottom margin when I print a document, even though I may set a different margin (like 0.25" for instance). I have discussed this with my computer manufacturer and "they" say it is a Windows issue. Any thoughts? Pete I would have thought that it was more of a printer problem. ..25" seems a bit low as the printer will probably lose grip at the bottom of the page. See the documentation for your printer and consider fit to Page in printer Set Up. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >Excel, Word, etc. seem ...

Can I load a general macro without loading an excel document?
Can I load a general excel macro without loading an excel document so that it can be used by every document that is loaded with excel? -- Neil Wills UBmatrix If you create a personal.xls file, any macro in it will automatically be loaded whenever Excel is invoke. -- Gary's Student "Neil.Wills" wrote: > > Can I load a general excel macro without loading an excel document so that > it can be used by every document that is loaded with excel? > > -- > Neil Wills > UBmatrix ...

How do I convert read only documents to regular documents???
For some reason several of my documents have switched to read only mode. How do I change it back?? See the article "I keep getting files that I am working on locked for editing. Word only allows me to open them read-only” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/LockedFiles.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "ladylola" <ladylola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAB...

printing Little Current month and Little Next month on Banner when it should little PRIOR month and little Next month.
I use microsoft outlook 2002 to print my family's yearly calendar. On professionally printed calendars, when February is shown, there is a miniature January and March. But the output from microsoft outlook is showing Big February and little February and Little march. How do I get the previous month to display next to the next month on the banner? ...

How do I print an EXCEL file on ledger size paper?
do you see ledger or 11x17 listed in File / page setup / paper size? What kind of printer is it, most don't go that big. Marvin, Thanks for the reply. I'm printing to a Panasonic DP 2500 that has 11 x 17 capabilities and I see that selection in the page set-up however, my spreadsheet won't print. I have other applications that do print that size on that printer and thought it might be an EXCEL issue? "Marvin P. Winterbottom" wrote: > do you see ledger or 11x17 listed in File / page setup / paper size? What > kind of printer is it, most don't go tha...

MOVING DOCUMENT IN EXCEL
I NEED TO MOVE THE DOCUMENT UP, IT IS SHIFTED DOWN TO WHERE I CANNOT SWITCH TO THE OTHER WORKSHEETS Window|Arrange|Tiled and resize by hand?? LAURA wrote: > > I NEED TO MOVE THE DOCUMENT UP, IT IS SHIFTED DOWN TO > WHERE I CANNOT SWITCH TO THE OTHER WORKSHEETS -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Outlook functionality vs. IE Client
Is there a document available that outlines the functionality included in each client? For example the KnowledgeBase is only available in the web client. It would be helpful to have a document that outlines the differences in the clients. Thanks ...

Arabic text in Word
> Ce message est au format MIME. Comme votre programme de lecture de courriers ne comprend pas ce format, il se peut que tout ou une partie de ce message soit illisible. --B_3279965559_645741 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello, I am using the French edition of Word 2004 for Mac (version 11.3.8) under Mac OS 10.4.11. When I paste Arabic text into a Word document, from TextEdit for instance, it exits unexpectedly. If I write directly into Word, the letters are not attached. Would you know how to solve this problem ? I reprodu...

Word: Displaying warning messages when certain numbers are typed?
Here's an idea that's stumping me in Word 2003/2007. The idea is needed for a busy clinical service. We'd like to implement some sort of check that warns the user if a potentially wrong number is entered. For instance, for something like a patient's estimated total body volume, we'd like word to flash a warning (or just highlight the word) if someone accidentally enters a low number, like 50 mL. Is there any way to do this, even if extra plugins are required? One thought was to include something like "Total body water: 50" in the dictionary, but the...