Document Map - remove selector bar at top of document map

Hi,

Is there a way to remove the Document Map/Thumbnails selector bar at the top
of the Document Map in Word 2007 so that it is like previous versions?

It takes up two valuable heading spaces and I NEVER use Thumbnails.

I hope Word 2010 has the option of removing that annoying bar.

Thanks,
Martin Gifford.

As far as I know, you cannot remove it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"martin gifford" <martingifford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to remove the Document Map/Thumbnails selector bar at the
> top
> of the Document Map in Word 2007 so that it is like previous versions?
>
> It takes up two valuable heading spaces and I NEVER use Thumbnails.
>
> I hope Word 2010 has the option of removing that annoying bar.
>
> Thanks,
> Martin Gifford.

0
Stefan

v.X documents do not open correctly in 2004
Hello, I manage a small number of computers for a grant project whose purpose is to write a series of text books. Formatting is of major concern. The issue is that there are MAJOR problems with migrating to Office 2004 from v.X. In word, a section of a document is missing when rendered (to screen or paper). It's a clean cut of a section that spanned two pages. If you attempt to find text that was supposed to be in the section, it will pretend to find it, but not show anything. Exporting to a different format does not help the situation; Office does not show the section of text, even t...

Sounds and Audio Devices
Although I turn off all alerts in Sounds and Audio Devices I notice that I have some programs listed that I no longer have on my computer. One example is Avast! Antivirus. I uninstalled this and then used the complete removal tool before installing MSE. There does not appear to be a way of deleting the program from the list. As stated, I don't want any system or program sound alerts but I notice that IE is not a listed program should I change my mind. How do you add/remove programs in Sounds and Audio Devices? Smirnoff wrote: > Although I turn off all alerts in Sou...

Removing "Calculate" Promp
I have an Excel 2000 workbook and can't remove the "Calculate" prompt Here are the conditions: 1. I've selected "automatic" on the Tools--> Calculations menu. 2. There are no bugs in the program because this issue doesn't arise i other workbooks I have running on it. 3. There aren't more than 65,000+ dependencies in the workbook. 4. There are no macros. Basically, I need the worksheet to automatically recalculate whenever change an input value, but am still prompted to press F9 to recalc. Th 'Calculate" prompt seems to have popped up out of n...

HTML Status Bar
It there a way for me to customize the status bar to show the item picture after a item is scanned? Copy and past the code below into Notepad or Frontpage and save it as an .htm file. If you use Notepad be sure to change the File Type to All Files. Or just piece the code that you need from this example into your file. I modified this to display the image of the last item added to the transaction or the currenlty highlighted item. If the item does not have an image assiged then it displays a generic 'no image available' pic. Rob <html> <head> <meta http-equiv=...

How do I print a smaller version of my document in Publisher?
I have a document in Publisher that is 11x17 and I want to print a version of it for approval on my home printer in 8x11. When I try to reduce it in the printer dialog box, it only prints part of the page. There are a couple of ways to do this. I can tell you may favorite way. If you don't have some sort of a .pdf converter on your system, download one. (I tend to recommend PrimoPDF, www.primopdf.com). Open the file as a ..pdf and you can change the size of your print thru the Adobe Reader printer settings. (You may also want to check your printer setting. My HP will allow me to...

Text Placement on Bars in Gaant Chart
I would like to add text to the top of summary bars, as several strech for several months and it would be more convenient for the viewer to have the title centered rather than offset to the side (right). When I alter the format of the bar text for the summary bars, however, it increases the distance between all of the bars within my entire project. The additional space added to my project makes viewing the project extremely difficult. For the dozen or so shorter tasks within the summary, having the text off to the right is fine. Is there a way that I can have text placement a...

Cursor middle of document
When I open a new document in Word 2007 the cursor is always in the middle of the page. I start typing and the text goes up to the top of the page. How do I make the cursor to appear at the top of the page in new document? The advice on the internet is Go to File > Page Setup > Layout (in Word 2007, ) and change the Vertical Alignment from Center to Top. But in my case all these icon are greyed out. Can anybody help please. The advice you quoted is correct only up to Word 2003. For Word 2007, click the Page Layout tab at the top of the ribbon. Then click the tiny ar...

Removing Outlook 2003
Greetings, I am facing an issue with a user that installed Office Beta 2003 on his system. Since the final active period ended on Saturday, he constantly gets messages about activation. I am going to need to uninstall his Beta product and whether or not the XP version is still there, I will have to see. My question is that I thought I remembered that when you went from Outlook 2003 back to XP, that the Archive folders would be unable to open if you tried to connect to the archive folder. Is this true? If so, where is documentation that will guide me into removing his office beta complete...

distribution lists
I have set up several distribution lists in Outlook 2003. These lists contain contacts from the main contacts folder. When I update a contact's email address, then click UPDATE in the distribution list the changes are reflected perfectly. However, if I delete a contact from the main contacts folder then click update in the distribution list, the contact is not removed from the list even though the no longer exist in the contacts folder. Does anyone know of a way to correct this without deleting the contacts manually? Best regards, Alexis. ...

How does one create a custom Menu on the Menu Bar in Word 7?
It was quite simple in Word 2003 via Tools Customize. There is no Menu Bar in Word 2007, only the Ribbon, and the only customization permitted is of the QAT. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "kaoinla" <kaoinla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9590384-4E4F-48BB-9764-4B360724D3AB@microsoft.com... > It was quite simple in Word 2003 via Tools Customize. > That's a bit sweeping? - http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm and http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Cus...

Why has Windows Mail "removed access to...unsafe attachments"?
-- I may be slow but I''m not dumb. Tools | Options | Security. Uncheck: "Do not allow attachments................." -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "San Fran Grandma" <SanFranGrandma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CC3841E-23BE-4B57-A1AC-F23DF53AE5E5@microsoft.com... > > -- > I may be slow but I''m not dumb. Thank you so much! (It worked, of course.) -- I may be slow but I''''m not dumb. "Bruce Hagen" wrote: > Tool...

Mappings from opportunity to activity
I have customized the 'opportunity' form by adding a custom 'myLocation' field. I would like the 'location' field in an activity appointment to be populated with 'myLocation' from an opportunity when a new activity is created off the Opportunity page. I setup the mapping in the deployment manager under the Opportunity / mappings and added 'activities' and created the map. I published customizations, and reset IIS but the myLocation field doesn't carry over to the appointment 'location' field. Am I missing a step or am I misinterpretin...

control excel from vc application or add excel view to a multiple document
Hi, I need to add an Excel view to my document in a multiple document project. Is there any simple way to do it. I just need to have a table in exclel + save option. If not how can I control excel to create my table in excel from my program? Thanks in advance, Behzad ...

removing horizontal error bars in excel 2007 chart
when using excel 2007, in scatter charts. I can't seem to specify only y-axis (vertical) error bars. The dialogue box states vertical error bars, but horizontal ones are also added? Any hints? Hi, Unfortunately adding both sets of error bars is how xl2007 currently works. Once you have the error bars displayed you will need to select the horizontal error bars and delete them. Cheers Andy trueblu wrote: > when using excel 2007, in scatter charts. I can't seem to specify only > y-axis (vertical) error bars. The dialogue box states vertical error bars, > but horizon...

Left vertical grey bar
When I run my main form I found there is a left vertical grey bar. How do I get rid of that? Thanks Yes, it works. Thanks "Damian S" <DamianS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3A094B6-F7DB-4BD0-A877-84C8B7BCAA9F@microsoft.com... > Hi Alan, > > That is the "Record Selector". In design view, turn off the "Record > Selector" property for your form. > > Hope this helps. > > Damian. > > "Alan T" wrote: > >> When I run my main form I found there is a left vertical grey bar. >> How do I ...

Document Properties in Header or Footer
How to insert the preset as well as custom document properties in header or footer? See other post. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Rohullah Najafi" <RohullahNajafi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECF02555-AF90-4237-82CC-BAFA6852EA11@microsoft.com... > How to insert the preset as well as custom document properties in header or > footer? ...

My file menu is not on the menu bar.
The file menu has mysteriously disappeared from the menu bar in Word 2003 (Student and Teacher edition). Is there any way to get it back? I've tried both View>Toolbars>Customize and Tools>Customize. Karyn, What you say you've tried isn't clear. Have you, in Customize, Toolbars tab, clicked the checkbox in "Worksheet Menu bar?" You want the checkbox, not just a blue selection bar across it. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "karyn slm" <karyn slm@discussions.microsoft.c...

modifing ShareAccess ( removing FILE_SHARE_WRITE ) of a file
Hi all, I opened the usermode file in my driver using zwcreatefile with FILE_SHARE_READ and FILE_SHARE_Write access . i mount my file as a virtual volume. Now i want to remove FILE_SHARE_WRITE ShareAccess at run time ( on the fly ). and i also want to set FILE_SHARE_WRITE when ever i want. I need api or file system IOCTL or any other possible way to do it. thanks. > Now i want to remove FILE_SHARE_WRITE ShareAccess at run time ( on the > fly ). > and i also want to set FILE_SHARE_WRITE when ever i want. > > I need api or file system IOCTL ...

Scroll Bar in PCTREE control not appearing!
HI I have set of Property pages attached to a property sheet... In one of the tab I have used PCTREE control. On first time click of that tab the scroll bar in the pctree control not enabled; if move to the next tab or open another window(doc,txt etc) or move the same window to new position the scroll bar in the PCTREE control is enabled. Itz surely a paint problem i could guess.. my onpaint function looks like below.. CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for paintin CRect TreeRect m_vcTree.GetWindowRect( TreeRect ); // m_vcTree is the object of the PCTREE contro ScreenToClient( TreeRect ...

New file hidden by menu bar
Hell All, I'm a first time poster, using excel 2004 for Mac. Can anyone tell m why everytime I open a file it is hidden at the top by the menu bar? Is there a way I can adjust my settings so that all files open so tha the top of the file is below the menu bar? Thank you in advance for your advice. Matthe -- mifriedma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mifriedman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2694 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40163 Since most users in this ne...

Remove EDC Batch Transaction
An employee (somehow) tendered an invalid Mercurypay gift card for a return. Now in my "Settle EDC Batch Screen" there exists this incorrect transaction (gift card with no # or auth#) and I am not able to settle. I have tried voiding it through the POS screen, but it will only allow a return. Is there any way to void this single transaction through manager (database)? I am using 1.3 and mercurypay. Thanks in advance. Contact your RMS Partner and see if you can get an update as there was a fix that allowed you to remove the transaction from the EDC batch doing a Void. Yo...

mapping of file extensions with windows icon
I am using LV_ITEM object to display the contents in the listbox, but the datatype tht i recieve by using SHGetFileInfo is HICON. is there anyway tht i can display icons using LV_ITEM???? can i make a fnc to map the file extensions with the icons??? how to go bout tht?????? i am also facing same p[roblem See your original post for solution AliR. <nemesia31@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161160562.572615.39730@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I am using LV_ITEM object to display the contents in the listbox, but > the datatype tht i recieve by using SHGetFileInfo is HICON...

Remove Outlook Security Update
I am running into all kinds of undeniable road blocks with this security update. I have read, after the fact, published articles about what to expect and the behavior of the security update. Had I realized this, I would have not allow the auto update to do this. IS there anyway to remove this security update? I have tried uninstalling Outlook client but after reinstalling it, the issues persist. ...

My documents
Hello all, Vaguely I remember the is a global (windows) variable which points to the 'My Documents' path. Because users may change the default path C:\My Documents, I can not use that path to save a file from Access. Can someone help me out. Thx, Ludovic Open a command prompt, and type: set Use Environ() in your code. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Vsn" <vsn at hotmail> wrote in message news:eqcTzkZ1HHA.5992@TK2M...

Removing Hyperlink #2
I recorded a macro where I remove a Hyperlink. I am using that code in a larger program. The problem is, this code removes all the cell formatting, not just the hyperlink. How can I remove the hyperlink, by code, without removing other cell formatting? -- Thanks Shawn Use Clearcontents instead of Clear "Shawn" <Shawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33F7A6D6-4B03-438A-B2F9-104743987423@microsoft.com... > I recorded a macro where I remove a Hyperlink. I am using that code in a > larger program. The problem is, this code removes all the cell format...