Document map 05-12-10

The document map for one of my documents has stopped displaying headings from
the beginning of the document and instead displays headings from a point
within it. The headings that aren't displayed are correctly formatted as
Level 1. And I've entered and exited Outline view, with, unfortunately, no
benefit. What might the solution be please?

Are the headings that are shown the document map in the same style?  If so,
try reapplying the style to the headings that are not showing up.  If not,
make sure that it is the paragraph outline level that you have set to 1 (& if
it is try clearing then reapplying the style).

Pam

John D wrote:
>The document map for one of my documents has stopped displaying headings from
>the beginning of the document and instead displays headings from a point
>within it. The headings that aren't displayed are correctly formatted as
>Level 1. And I've entered and exited Outline view, with, unfortunately, no
>benefit. What might the solution be please?

Pamelia
5/12/2010 12:40:24 PM
See the following article which has some tips on how to solve some Document
Map problems, not say that this will solve your specific problem, but it is a
good place to start.
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/DocumentMap.htm
Come back if your problem persists.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"John D" wrote:

> The document map for one of my documents has stopped displaying headings from
> the beginning of the document and instead displays headings from a point
> within it. The headings that aren't displayed are correctly formatted as
> Level 1. And I've entered and exited Outline view, with, unfortunately, no
> benefit. What might the solution be please?

Document map 05-12-10
The document map for one of my documents has stopped displaying headings from the beginning of the document and instead displays headings from a point within it. The headings that aren't displayed are correctly formatted as Level 1. And I've entered and exited Outline view, with, unfortunately, no benefit. What might the solution be please? Are the headings that are shown the document map in the same style? If so, try reapplying the style to the headings that are not showing up. If not, make sure that it is the paragraph outline level that you have set to 1 (& if it ...

Email Router 05-17-04
Hello, I want to create a queue for support. This queue should receive internal emails from other departments that they are requesting support. Can anybody tell us how to rout these emails to the CRM Queue? Regards, Khalid Hello This is a limitation of MS CRM. The router does not intercept internal email. Only emails that reach the mailserver trough the SMTP gateway are processed. Regards Cedric "Khalid" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e08101c43c13$bb1dbcf0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > I want to create a queue for support. This ...

Need help on a formula 05-20-10

Subform question 04-09-10
I have a form (Form1) that contains a subform (Subform1). Within this subform I have a combo box which, depending on what is chosen, pops up another form (Popup1)for additional information. I need this additional information in the form that pops up to be 'linked' with the subform. The problem I am running into is that when the user enters information in Popup1, the table has not been populated witht he data that is in the subform so there is no record to 'link' to. What is the best way to force te esubform to pass its information to the table? Thanks i...

sending mail 05-20-10
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'michael.porth@bafin.be'. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com', Protocol: SMT...

protect a document so it cannot be amended by others but it can b.
Hi is there a way in Excel that I can password protect a document so only I can make changes but others can read it and filter it when they require information. I have tried to put a password on but it wont let anyone else use the filters in the spreadsheet. Please help! Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S_H" <S_H@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6BBCEC50-43CA-4652-B62F-79F1BDD8DDF9@microsoft.com... > Hi is there a way in Excel that I can password protect a document so only ...

Upgrade GP 9.0 SP2 to GP 10.0 Advice
Hi, We are planning our upgrade of GP9.0 SP2 to GP10.0. We are running SQL 2000 and would like to also upgrade to SQL 2005. I am using the following url (and read some threads on this forum): https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopics/hot_topic_updatingmicrosoftdynamicsgp10.htm?printpage=false (page: Updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0) The chart Microsoft provides says I can go from 9.00.0281 (which is SP2) to 10.0 or any patch install. What does "any patch install" mean? Does this mean I can't go directly to 10.0 Feature Pack 1? Would i...

Access 2007 12-17-09
I am building a contact data base for my church. How do I get the phone field to automatically format like this (xxx) xxx-xxxx when the numbers are typed in the cell? -- Thank You In the form design view select the phone control and open the properties dialog. Goto the Data tab and use the Input Mask to define the format you wish to use. If you click on the ... to the right hand side on the property you will get another dialog where there are predefined input mask or you can define your own. For instance, I use !\(999") "000\-0000;0;_ to format my telepho...

Permissions after 12.1.2 update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Question. Not sure, but I after running the 12.1.2 office 2008 updater, I noticed this when repairing permissions using disk utility Permissions differ on "Library", should be drwxrwxr-t , they are drwxrwxr-x . Now, I also noticed other disk utility repair permissions that take place after the weekly overnight sripts run. I am just trying to figure out if running the office 2008 updater 12.1.2 could generate the permissions fix reported above. I installed this on 2 exactly the same computers, and didn't g...

Nested if 10 / Vlookup Therapist
I am working on a Scheduling program for a counseling center. Thi center has 10 + therapists and 20 + clients. The plan is for th manager to only have to enter the clients name into the therapist page and to have the therapists name auto populate into the clients page. can get this to work fine with 7 therapists (the limit for nested i statements) but I cannot figure out how to get vlookup or any othe function to work. ohh by the way the or() statements are used because there are possibilities for the clients name to be entere (CLIENT/CLIENTc/CLIENTp) Code ------------------- =(IF...

PDF attachments 06-21-10
I cannot open a PDF attachment directly from WLM. If I save it to my desktop then I can open it. Is that just the way it is? PDF attachments in OE6 used to work. I am running Vista. Help! Ed This fix only mentions Windows Mail but it should apply equally to Windows Live Mail : http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/236/1/Unable-to-open-PDF-attachments-from-Windows-Mail.html Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Ed Ahern" wrote in message news:e33LaPOELHA.4824@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... I cannot open a PDF attachment directly from WLM. If I save it to my ...

Issue opening documents in MSOffice 2003
Hello I wonder if anyone can answer my question? I have a new laptop running Windows 7 Pro with Office 2003 and I notice that when I seek to open an Excel or Word file with a .doc, .docx, .xls or .xlsx extension, that Excel or Word opens the file but also an empty window of opens at the same time, e.g. I have two windows of Excel open, one with the document I want and the other is empty. Is this a default action for any reason or a bug? This is more of an anomaly than a major issue but I am curious? Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks Martin O'Shea. "...

After update 10-31-07
I'm using an After Update event on a form to update one field with the current date when a checkbox is checked, but the date doesn't display until I scroll down the form. Is there some way to get the date to display right after the box is checked (or at least once the next record is selected)? Thanks, Tom -- Thanks, Tom Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200710/1 Sounds like you have a control that has a Name that is different from the name of the date field. In the AfterUpdate code, use the name of the control,...

number of lines on a word document
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I want to produce a long, double-spaced document with the same number of lines on each page, not one that flips to a new page if the end paragraph is too large to fit. Can anyone help? Maintaining a constant number of lines per page is dependent on at least 2 factors: 1- Using the same font & font size throughout, & 2- Turning off Widow/Orphan control in Format> Paragraph - Line & Page Breaks. Due to the proportional spacing considerations of modern word processing -- which is more closely akin to typesetting than typewr...

RESUME 05-20-07
JACQUELINE BENOIT 1792 NW 20TH AVE. FT Lauderdale FL. 33311 954-479-9110 954-636 1305 OBJECTIVE: To obtain a position as a Medical assistant that allows the use and expansion of my training and skills. EDUCATION: National School of Technology Diploma, Medical Assisting 2/07 Nursing: Florida Academy of Health and Beauty Wilton, Manors. FL CLINICAL SKILLS: Venipuncture EKG's Vital Signs Autoclave /Urinalysis Specimen Collection ADMINISTRATIVE SKILLS: Knowledge of medical terminology Phone Triage Front Office Skills Appointment Setting Medisoft CPT/ICD-9 coding Medica...

Word document attachment can not be read
We are using Office XP SP3 and Exchange 2000 with SP3. Some of our users will send Word documents as attachments in an email from Outlook that when you open the attachment, word goes into file conversion because it can't read the document. Typically, they send it again and it opens fine. Sometimes it has taken two or three tries. It is random and inconsistent. I have not been able to duplicate it. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks. ...

Converting Access 97 to Access 2003 10-14-05
This is my first conversion. Can anyone offer tips on the easiest and safest way to convert a multi user database which was developed in Access 97 to Access 2003? You can try opening A2003, and before opening any database, choose: Tools | Database Utilities | Convert Database. If you run into problems, see: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Jane...

Deleting a Document
Hello, I am trying to help a friend of mine who has Microsoft Office 2007. I have not been able to look at the problem myself, but here is what she described to me: "I cannot seem to delete a document, either from within Word 2007, or Windows Explorer. Here are the choices I get when I right mouse click on a document. . . Customize Quick Access Toolbar Show Quick Access Toolbar Below the Ribbon Minimize the Ribbon" Has anyone encountered this type of problem, or can someone suggest to me where to research this type of problem? I know this is not a lot of ...

Business Portal Electronic Document Delivery
Hi, We have just installed Business Portal Electronic Document Delivery and need to modify the SOP Invoice Formats to add some additional fields. But these fields are not contained with the tables attached to the report. Any ideas how I can add additional fields? Regards, Brendon ...

Document created by older version of Word won't open
I'm currently using the version of Word contained in Office 2003. I have some documents I created with earlier versions which no longer can be opened. I get this error message: "You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening in this version by your registry policy setting." How do I fix this? Thanks! John -- Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true email address to prevent spam. Thank you. See "Information about certain file types that are blocked after yo...

hey 04-14-10
hey ...

Office 2007 Security Problem 04-07-10
We have a series of Word 2003 templates. These templates sit on a network folder with NT security permissions of Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, Read, and Write. Not Modify. A user can open these templates, make a change and save the changes using Word 2003. The same user using an Office 2007 installation receives an error message of "Access denied. Contact your administrator". Does anyone know why? ...

Delete CDO page heading and following matter when printing an email document; to print the document only
I have used a modified form of Ron de Bruin's macro for sending Excel generated email via CDO. I would like to be able to print the CDO generated document without printing the heading (To: From: Subject: etc.) or any tags that may follow. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks. Michael If Worksheets("DataBase").Range("R348").Value = 1 And Worksheets("Record").Range("C21").Value > 0 Then Dim iMsg As Object Dim iConf As Object Dim ws As Worksheet Dim Sourcewb As Workbook Dim Flds As ...