document is slow to print

Can someone please help!! My document takes forever to print or it won't
print at all. I have graphics in the document as well as words. I don't have
this problem when I print other files, only Word documents.

Graphics will take longer to print. If you can compress the graphics it
should shorten the printing time. Click on a graphic and on the picture
toolbar you will see a small square with arrows pointing on each corner.
Click this to compress the graphic. If your document is long, you could try
to split it into smaller documents.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Vivian" wrote:

> Can someone please help!! My document takes forever to print or it won't
> print at all. I have graphics in the document as well as words. I don't have
> this problem when I print other files, only Word documents.
It depends on the printer type, too. I was printing a document the other day
with a full-page graphic (compressed), and I finally had to give up on my
laser printer and send that page to the inkjet (a laser printer has to
rasterize an entire page before printing; inkjets are line printers). It's
possible the LaserJet might ultimately have printed it, but I didn't have
the patience to wait (especially since I was manually duplexing).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Rae Drysdale" <RaeDrysdale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Graphics will take longer to print. If you can compress the graphics it
> should shorten the printing time. Click on a graphic and on the picture
> toolbar you will see a small square with arrows pointing on each corner.
> Click this to compress the graphic. If your document is long, you could
> try
> to split it into smaller documents.
> --
> Rae Drysdale
>

> "Vivian" wrote:
>
>> Can someone please help!! My document takes forever to print or it won't
>> print at all. I have graphics in the document as well as words. I don't
>> have
>> this problem when I print other files, only Word documents.

0
Suzanne

Exch2003 SMTP connector send outgoing mail very slow to smart host
Dear Sir, Just installed first exch2003 and join in exch55 organisation, move all the users mailbox to exch2003. Create smtp connector in exch2003,both exch server smtp connector configure using smart host. Cost for smtp connector for exch2003 set to 1 and exch55 is 10. All the outgoing mail through exch2003 smtp connector very slow to send out. Caused all the outgoing mail queueing. If I make the outgoing mail through exch55 IMC, outgoing mail very fast to send out. Both server running Trend micro scan mail. Version different. Tested without scan mail in exch2003 sam...

How do I merge a publication template with a word document?
I have designed a letterhead and saved it as a publication template. I want to send a number of mailshots(letters) to clients. I have the content of the letter saved in word. How do I merge the word letter with my publication template (letterhead)? Alternatively, is there any way I can cut & paste the contentsd of the word letter straight into the template? You can cut/copy/paste the Word text into the template. Save it as a new document. What version Publisher? If your text is in a Word table, hypothetically you can merge it into Publisher. Might read the catalog instructions if...

Documentation of Relation Attributes
Apologies for making so many posts, but if Microsoft had better online documentation I wouldn't have to ask this next one. Is it just me or does Microsoft seem to leave ALOT out of their online doc? Is there some monster reference manual we can buy that will have all this stuff? Where can I find documentation for DAO relation attributes? In other words, a list of attributes, with a brief definition of what they mean? This is necessary if you want to add relationships to your database schema in DAO. For instance, if I wanted to create a left outer join between two tables and ...

Increase Zoom in Print Preview
In Excell 2000 does anyone have any idea how to increase the zoom factor in print preview? It only zooms in once which is not very usefull for large worksheets. Ted Rather than use Print Preview select "Page Break Preview" from the View menu. This will allow you to set the zoom control and see your page breaks and page numbers. To return to a normal view select "Normal" from the View menu. >-----Original Message----- >In Excell 2000 does anyone have any idea how to increase >the zoom factor in print preview? It only zooms in once >which is not very...

how can i lock briefcase documents
i keep my personal journaling in word in my briefcase. Is it possible to "lock" the briefcase or is there another work around? ...

Can't print addressee onto envelope
Using Word 2007: The help file says "Create and print or save an evelope" to do the following. 1. On the Mailings tab, in the Create group, click Envelopes. 2. In the Delivery address box, type the mailing address. My problem is that NO DELIVERY ADDRESS BOX APPEARS. Instead I get the Envelopes Option box. How do I get the Delivery address box? John King jking482@q.com This should not be happening. Is the Envelope Options dialog opening on top of the Envelopes and Labels dialog? That is, can you close the Options dialog and get to the Envelopes? -- Suzanne S. Bar...

Images won't print on extended form
I have a wide form that prints to two pages. The data will print to the "spill over" second page but any images that would also show on that "spill over" do not print. They do however display on the screen !! What am I doing wrong? I really don't want to create a multi page form. I want to stay with one page where the page constraints move the data to the second printed page. Thanks for any assistance. ~Rick Forms aren't intended for printing: that's what reports are for. Because of that, there may well be issues such as you're describ...

Need to print Cover Sheet for report.
Hi, I'm using Access via Office XP Pro. I am working on a government report. The first page of the report is a cover sheet / instructions and has nothing to do with the actual data other than it has to be the first page / coversheet to the report. Then I have the actual report which needs to have one footer at the end of the report which has the actual totals. I do not need a footer on each page, just the last page. Currently, I put the cover sheet in the Report Header. The cover sheet has our name, address, phone number, name of person submitting the report, and ...

Query/Filter XML to produce new document

Borderless printing
I am not sure if this is possible with Excel and endless searching on the web has failed to find an answer. I have a Canon S9000 printer which has a borderless printing facility and I would like to print several worksheets that have a colour coded bar that runs down the side of the page, however I can only get the left hand side to print to the edge. The right side is approximate 5mm inside. If I select horizontal positioning from the page setup I get a 2.5mm either side. No matter what I try I cannot get a borderless print on the right hand side. I have Excel 2002 and windows XP. Can ...

Printing from CView::OnDraw()
I would like for the last page of my printed output to be printed Landscaped instead of Portrait. So I put the following code in my view: /*--------------------------------------------------------------*/ void CDagBillView::OnPrepareDC(CDC* pDC, CPrintInfo* pInfo) { CHdcView::OnPrepareDC(pDC, pInfo); if (pDC->IsPrinting()) { if (pInfo) { HANDLE hDevMode = pInfo->m_pPD->m_pd.hDevMode; DEVMODE *pDevMode = (DEVMODE *)GlobalLock(hDevMode); if (m_curPage > m_MaxPageCount) pDevMode->dmOrientation = DMORIENT_LANDSCAPE; else pDevMode->dmOrientation = D...

Select sheets from an array for printing
I need Help!! I have a workbook with hidden sheets, I want to search the visible sheets for those with value greater than 0 in C2 then print them. Can someone show me where I am going wrong with this code? Tahnks Sub PrintSelectedSheets() 'will print sheet with a value >0 in C2 For Each Sheet In ThisArray.Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3", "Sheet5", "Sheet7", "Sheet9")) Sheet.Activate If Range("C2").Value > 0 Then ActiveSheet.PrintPreview End If Next End Sub Dim Sheet As Worksheet Dim shStyle As L...

View/Print Individual Reports
Here is what I have: I have a database for tracking therapy clients. Client data is in one table. Therapy progress notes are in another with a one-to-many relationship. I have a form w/ subform set up to receive the data. I have a query set up to tie the two tables together and feed into a report. (Tables/Forms and Queries all do what I want them to properly) Right now, the report contains data from every client and progress note. What I want is to be able to place a button on the subform for the progress notes, so that when it is clicked it generates the report with just that...

how do i find and delete downloaded documents sent to me
WANTING TO REMOVE LARGE DOCUMENTS E-MAILED TO ME -- HOW DO I FIND THEM AND DELETE THEM -- BOGGING DOWN MY COMPUTER Clean up your inbox. Clean up your sent folder. Clean up your deleted folder. As for cleaning up files on the harddrive, it depends on what your email program is. I know some versions of Netscape use the Temp folder windows start button|run %temp% is a quick way to get to that temp folder. I think Outlook Express uses the Temporary Internet files Open windows explorer rightclick on the C: drive (in the left hand window) select properties On the General Tab, click on the &q...

VBA for Print and delete command
I want to delete data with the criteria of using "Year" and "Quarter" [OTDLTable] but before that happens. I would like a message box to appear asking "Do you want to print data before deletion. with a "Yes" or "No" buttons. If "Yes" display the criteria for query QTquery, open and print "QuarterReport" then delete said data. If "No" display message "Data will be deleted" . ...

spreadsheet data prints outwrong info
Hi, was using excel 2000 spreadsheet and accidentally changed something that has to do with the printing. My speadsheet will have all the correct information on my computer screen and when I try to print out it come out all garbled Example: #EDFNILOO#IRXQGDWRXO ':</81533. It has gotten a whole new language of incorrect numbers. If someone also sends me an email with an attachment of a excel spreadsheet it will also print out crazy Too!! Anyone have an idea how to fix this problem, is this associated with values? Thanks Kim I would first try emptying my Windows temp folder. If th...

can't print from IE8
When I want to print, it does not print, i receive msg saying, tab recovered or it says it cant display the web site. If I click More information, it is telling that DEB & i can change the settings. I have XP I disable all the adds on - it did not help I reinstall the driver - it did not help Please advise. How about DEP? Hulya Erol wrote: > When I want to print, it does not print, i receive msg saying, tab > recovered > or it says it cant display the web site. If I click More information, it > is > telling that DEB & i can change the settings. &...

Print multiple excel charts within one sheet to fit to a page lik.
I have set up 5 charts within one excel sheet and need to print them on one page arranged nice and neat the way that PPT does. Currently I am not able to find a solution to do this in Excel. It would be much more efficient to do this in Excel Open and close Print Preview. Now you will see dotted lines indicating your page breaks. That should help you when positioning your charts. Drag the charts with your mouse. The cursor won't change, or at least it doesn't for me; but you can still drag them. "lal" wrote: > I have set up 5 charts within one excel sheet and n...

slow file open dialog box
File open dialog box in Excel 2003 and Word 2003 on W2K machine is unbearably slow when attempting to access folders on network drive. Doesn't appear to be a connectivity issue since accessing same folders in Explorer is almost instantaneous. This is the only machine running Office 2003, but other W2K machines running Office 2000 do not have this problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Regards, Paul You might find the answer in the following Microsoft Knowledge base article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822621 "Paul O'Brien" wrote: &...

CRM 4 : Very slow Outlook client
Hi Folks, We are facing very slow Outlook response from crm client. I have tried to use online and offline versions and both are very slow when creating activities or other things. This was not a case when we used to use CRM 3. What I mean with very slow is when I create new activity outlook goes to not responding for a like one or two minutes. This also case with our other computers as well. When I use web interface that is responding smoothly, so the server is not bysy. All the clients what we are runing are Vista laptops with at least 2gigs of mem. Outlook version 2007. This has...

Printing modified CreateDate field in header reverts back
i create a new document. I insert a CreateDate field in the document. Then I create a header, and insert another CreateDate field there. I save the document as a template. I open a new document based on that template. I modify the date in the document (not deleting the whole field but just changing the day from today to last week). Then I go to the header and change that date in the same way. When I go to Print Preview, the date in the main document stays as I typed it, but the date in the header reverts to the create date (today). Does anyone know why that happens? An...

slow append query from a pass through query
Hello, I have a pass through (ODBC?) query Query1 from Access 2007 to Interbase 5.xx remote server/database. This query when run separately is very quick. It is very simple - 'SELECT * from table1'. Table1 is a table in remote Interbase database When I try to update the Access 2007 table using update query Query2 like: "INSERT INTO localtable SELECT * from Query1" it becomes very slow. If I try to update the table from a local data updating is immediate - very quick. As I mentioned - when run separately the pass through query also is very quick. The number of records is abo...

MS Office "Save" dialog obscures the document you are saving??
I've just moved to Mac OSX (Panther) from OS9.2. I've been using MS Word for years. In Office X, Microsoft, again, appears to be using it's own "Save" dialog rather than the ones that are part of the Mac OS. (Microsoft has done this in all previous versions of Word and Excel, and that included the "Save," "Save As . . . ", and "Open . . . " dialogs. And, yes, I know I am dating myself by calling these "Dialog" boxes.) But, it appears that the Office X "Save" dialog obscures at least the upper half of the file you are sav...

How do you Print Orders?
Seemingly simple question here, but I cannot figure out the answer. Or at least the easy answer How do I print a complete order? I fill in products, quanities, recalculate values and now I want to print and fax the quote to the customer... If I hit the print button on the quote, it prints all info from each of the tabs on the account. It does not refer to the products or quantities. If I go to the product level, hit the print (on the individual window, not the main window) button, it prints the product(s) chosen, price per unit, quantity and extended amount for products that are on ...

Showing Excel Cell Data in PDF Document
Hi, Everyone - I have a project that includes a pdf page as one of my worksheets. What I'm looking to do is to have cell data show in the pdf document. Is there an easy way to do that? Thanks Frank ...