Do NOT want Shape Objects to automatically link

In Word 2007, I have been trying to create a document using the Shapes and
Text Box objects.  Each time I try to insert another shape or Text box it
automatically links to the one before.  So when I move one the other one
moves and if I delete one the other one is also deleted.  I have looked
through the options but cannot find why this is happening.  I have Word 2007
installed on another computer and it does not do that.  Any suggestions as to
why or better yet, how can I stop this from happening?

Thanks
Karen

This is a form of document corruption. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"KM" <KM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Word 2007, I have been trying to create a document using the Shapes and
> Text Box objects.  Each time I try to insert another shape or Text box it
> automatically links to the one before.  So when I move one the other one
> moves and if I delete one the other one is also deleted.  I have looked
> through the options but cannot find why this is happening.  I have Word
> 2007
> installed on another computer and it does not do that.  Any suggestions as
> why or better yet, how can I stop this from happening?
>
> Thanks
> Karen

0
Stefan

Linking Check Box in User Form to Workbook
I have a user Form with several Check Boxes in it. I would like for the Check Boxes in the User Form to Check or Uncheck boxes in a different Workbook worksheet. I tried the following code, but for some reason it does not work. Can anyone please help me? Sub Update_Forms1() With Workbooks("Forms.xlsm").Sheets("Install Pack Con") ..Range("Check Box 01").Value = UserForm1("Office_Package_Preparations_101").Value .Range("Check Box 02").Value = UserForm1("Office_Package_Preparations_102").Valu...

Automatically run procedure after starting SDI Application
Hi ~ I have an SDI Application. I want to start the program, and then without needing the user to interact, have a button get pressed on the form. This button calls a procedure that will run. Then I want the program to exit. I have tried calling my button from the Views OnCreate function, but that is too early, and the view isn't displayed yet. Like this: int CMyView::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { if (CRecordView::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1; OnImport(); //Call my function return 0; } Any ideas? I really appreciate it!! Thanks ~ Jen How about O...

PivotTable object reference syntax
I am using Access VBA within an Access 2003 database. I've created a PivotTable form and in my FormLoad module I set (or Reset) the objects on this PivotTable form. My problem is trying to find the full object model to know how to reference the object I want to update the 'backcolor' property using VBA. I can set the 'caption' property of a Column heading object with this code: Me.PivotTable.ActiveView.ColumnAxis.FieldSets(0).Fields(0).Caption = "Event" but I can't reference or find the correct syntax to update the 'backcolor' propert...

"Do you want to update" msg
I have a workbook that asks me this when I open it. I cannot find the link that is pointing to another workbook. Does anyone know an easy way to find this? Thanks so much. I'd use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm Nadine wrote: > > I have a workbook that asks me this when I open it. I cannot find the link > that is pointing to another workbook. Does anyone know an easy way to find > this? Thanks so much. -- Dave Peterson Thanks so much!!! "FSt1" wrote: > hi > do a find. links are u...

Opening a CSV file makes MSI want Office 2000 SR-1 Premium disk (DATA1.MSI)
Hello! I have a problem with a tiny CSV file (http://lite2.myfabrik.com/get/01010010U9REsY/profile-high.zip from Command & Conquer 3 demo) that keeps prompting MS Windows Installer to want my MS Office 2000 SR-1 Premium disk DATA1.MSI. I can hit cancel to skip it without problems that I saw. Or I can leave the CD in the drive and it let use it. How do I get rid of this annoyance? I tried making a new text file with "test" in a CSV file. Excel did not prompt me to get the CD. Any ideas? I am using Windows XP Pro. SP2 (IE 6.0 SP2) with all updates. All updates for Office ...

video-object
hi all, how can I import a video file (as an object?) so that I have a show control while presenting. I know how to insert it so you have a windows media player view. But I want it just to be a time-scrollbar with pause/play and stop (or similar). Who can help me? Thnx, Peter You can inset a media player object from the control toolbox. See here - this is for sounds but the method is the same. In 2007 it's best to enable the develop tab in PowerPoint Properties from the large office button to get to the control toolbox. http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Pause_Music.h...

Windows Mail wants to logon in
windows mail keeps wanting me to logon to my pop3 server and keeps rejecting my password and username -- lggrflem Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com Accessing the account on another device (e.g. pda, blackberry etc) at the same time ? -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "lggrflem" wrote in message news:lggrflem.4fgo86@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... windows mail keeps wanting me to logon to my pop3 server and keeps rejecting my password and username -- lggrflem Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com lggrflem;1707536 Wrote: > windows mail keeps wa...

how to schedule outlook to send emails automatically with attachm.
I was trying to figure out if there was a way to schedule Microsoft Outlook to automatically send emails by inserting in an attachment to a group of people in the contact list at a given time (say 9 am). Ashesh <Ashesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was trying to figure out if there was a way to schedule Microsoft > Outlook to automatically send emails by inserting in an attachment to > a group of people in the contact list at a given time (say 9 am). See if this helps: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Can email be automatically forwarded when received?
A Notification e-mail from one particular source can only be sent to one person. If that person is on vacation, no one will be able to complete the task. What can be set up to automatically forward the email from this source to several other e-mail adresses as soon as received? A rule? "RCityJud" <RCityJud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27779B09-BECA-45E4-ACC6-95CF2B62E921@microsoft.com... >A Notification e-mail from one particular source can only be sent to one > person. If that person is on vacation, no one will be able to complete ...

FRx Summary Links
I am having trouble linking a summary row format to a detail row format. I selected R (rows) as the link type but get the error message: "The Row Format You specified does not have a link to the General Ledger" I've tried it with and without a tree. Thanks ...

HOW TO: Auto-link .res files through #PRAGMA??
Is there a way to autolink .res files like .lib files by using a #pragma directive or other means? I have a header test.h which has the line: #pragma comment(lib, "test.lib") works great but #pragma comment(lib, "test.res") gives errors about invalid lib format. ...

Working with automatic payments
I've been a MSMoney Deluxe user for many years. I've never been able to get Automtic Payments to work the way I would prefer. I enter my bills into the register a month or two in advance to forecast any cash flow problems well in advance. However, my reocurring automatic payments don't allow me this control. In fact, it seems like the have a mind of their own when it comes to actually showing up in the register (I pay my bills via my bank). Has anyone found a way to get automatic payments to show in the register even if they aren't technically scheduled for delivery...

Link to "Video Demos" in Get started tab in Office 2007 not workin
Hello, I have installed the Get Started tab in Office 2007. The link to the "Video Demos" is not working. Has MS changes the link ? How can I fix this ? I have installed this on many computers, how can I get this fixed on all of them... Thanks Jan ...

Messages to derived CWnd object on CFormView
Hi, I have a object that I created that is derived from CWnd. In my SDI application with a CFormView, I have created the object. (Draws a box on the form) Now I would like the object to handle the left mouse down event. I added the left mouse button down event to my object. But how do I ??? so that my object receives the left mouse down event when a user clicks on the object? (box) Thanks Sheldon Add a WM_LBUTTONDOWN handler. Do whatever you want in it. Note that you must create a member variable of the correct type (you may have to hand-edit the .h file to get your class name there) s...

Linking an Excel sheet to Power Point
I need to know how to link an Excel chart to a Power Point slide? In Excel, select & copy the chart. Then go to the PPt slide & use Edit>Paste Special. Select MS Office Excel Chart Object from the list, click the paste Link option, then click OK. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac "Pier" <Pier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1FDD36B-5D65-4160-A6C4-04BB5D35B6C9@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to link an Excel chart to a Power Point slide? ...

linking frames for text overflow
Hello, I am trying to make a template. There will be 2 stationary frames for text and one linked frame for overflow to another page. I have already linked the 2 frames. The first one is on page 1 and the second one is on page 2. That all works fine. But if there is overflow from page 2 I know I need to make a page 3 and link that frame to page 2. But what if there is no text overflow to page 3.....will it print a blank page? How do I make it so it knows to automatically overflow (if necessary)? Set up the document with the third page containing a text box that is link...

Want to show a group header item only when the group value changes
Hi, We have a couple of reports that show lines for a customer order. We were told to add notes for each line that were entered in our oe portal so our manufacturers and shippers could see them. I've done this but the group header for an order ine is set to repeat so the note shows on every page.Each line can take up several pages due to the fact that lot pick information is displayed for each line. When the notes are long, it can create a report that is very long, simply due ot the extra space need on each page. We would like the line note to to appear ONLY when the va...

go to todays date in a sheet automatically when i open it
I have a spread sheet with lots of dates, I want to go to todays cell automatically when I open the workbook, does anyone know of a way to do this easily as I am a novice with excel. using Excel 2000 (9.0.4402 SR-1) =TODAY() -- ---------------------------- Mauro Gamberini "Cyril the Squirrel" <Cyril the Squirrel@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:6127F585-61E7-4739-AD8E-CF61E61B08AB@microsoft.com... >I have a spread sheet with lots of dates, I want to go to todays cell > automatically when I open the workbook, does anyone know of a way to do ...

How do I make tab automatic in an excel data entry form?
I have created a form for our salespeople and I want to have excel automatically move the cursor to the data entry areas so they have to fill it in before moving on??? Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Me.Range("A1").Select End Sub 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be 'placed in the appropriate worksheet code module, not a standard 'code module. To do this, right-click on the sheet tab, select 'the View Code option from the menu, and paste the code in. -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Greattude" <Greattud...

External Error
I recently did a rebuild of CRM 1.2 on Windows 2000 server. Everything appeared to be going fine when I started getting access error messages and then... External Error - No such object on server Thew selected object could not be found. Verify the object exists in both the database and Active Directory. Now I'm pretty much stuck. I've read in some places this has to do with AD and the databases not being in synch. Is there anyway to manually do this if that is the reason? Thanks ...

How di get excel to automatically change cell values
Try again with the question in the body of the message, not in the subject line, which gets truncated to the point of meaningless. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:59:05 -0800, "talil" <talil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Want to avoid the "your browser not supported" nag screens? (youtube, etc)
For those of you who are not lame (lame = you access the internet over dial-up, or you use IE6 as your default browser) then this is for you. If you're getting nag warnings about "your browser is no longer supported" when you access websites (like youtube and others) and if you're using Firefox 2.0.0.20 or some version of Flock, Seamonkey or Songbird, then try this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59 Click the green "Add to Firefox" button and install this add on, then restart firefox. When firefox re-starts, click on Tools - Default ...

VB Error Object Library Not Registered
A few days ago a user hard a problem working with a Word XP document that included embedded Excel XP spreadsheets. Since then when she opens Excel spreadsheets that include VB they generate a VB error that says "object library not registered". I did some troubleshooting and found that the error does not occur logged on to the same PC as Administrator and the error does not occur if I add the user to the local Administrators group. The error also does not occur if the user logs onto another computer. I could likely resolve this error by reimaging the PC, but I'd like to find a l...

Clicking links in emails hangs OE
Hi When I click a link in any email message I receive, Outlook Express just hangs and doesn't do anything! I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del and shut OE down. The internet icon on bottom right of screen shows activity though but OE just hangs. It has been working fine for ages and I can read and send emails but just not folow links. I have all the latest SP's and updates. Any ideas?? Have my kids done this?? Thanks, Ben Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link ...

Not wanting to plot #div/0
Good afternoon, I have several reports, updated monthly, that until that month has passed, contain formulas that return results of #div/0. These reports are all charted and I would not to have the #div/0 not be on the chart as a zero value. My current formula is simple: =sum(d3+g3)/c3 Is there a formula I could use to have this value return as #N/A? Thank you for your time and help! See your other post. -- David Biddulph Brandy wrote: > Good afternoon, > > I have several reports, updated monthly, that until that month has > passed, contain formulas that return results ...