Disable Spell Check

Is it possible to disable the spll check feature in Word 2002?

It depends what you mean by 'disable'. You can prevent the spell checker
from checking a document by selecting all of it and applying the no proofing
language parameter to the selected text.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Linda M" <Linda M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to disable the spll check feature in Word 2002?

0
Graham

Disable attachment message
We are using Outlook 2003 and users complain of having to be prompted to open attachments it says: You should only open attachments from a trustworthy source. The option to Always ask before opening this type of file is greyed out. My question is where is this controlled from I have looked at the Outlook security settings and nothing seems to allow me to give the user a choice. Is this controlled by a group policy could not find it there either ? TIA Darryl You didn't dig deep enough. Security tab, Change auto download settings button, uncheck Don't d/l HTML...etc. Leave W...

Disable Startup Programmatically
Is it possible to Programmatically open an Access database while bypassing the startup? Basically I need the VBA equivilent of holding the Shift Key. I can definitely get into the nuts and bolts of the issue further but the general overview is that I am writing a version control module. It checks to see if there is a new version avaliable and the path to the newest version from an external Db on startup. If obsolete it creates and runs an executable that saves the obsolete db as a new name then copies the new version into the same folder. It then opens the new version and r...

Match past check to scheduled payment
Example: I have scheduled transaction for and recently paid quarterly RE tax of $1000 on 4/16 - check # 123 but wasn't prompted " is this your scheduled payment" and couldn't chose, so accepted /entered the info into register. Scheduled payment still shows as being due on 4/30. Other than 'skip this transaction', is there a way to tell M2006 - this outstanding scheduled payment WAS paid ? If I choose the scheduled payment it shows me on bottom of popup - You did pay $1000 on 4/16, but then shows only option as paying the bill and choosing ATM debit - check numb...

Check out pack that comes from the MS Corporation
--nlbnbejksfextzbb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yykphsod"; type="multipart/alternative" --yykphsod Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xisjdqhhkmfggpoi" --xisjdqhhkmfggpoi Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilities...

Disabled user takes 180mins to become active after being enabled
When we enable a disabled user account it can tae 180mins before the mailbox is accessable again, how can I speed this up? Thanks S Which OS? If you have more DC's you might want to replicate DC's manually. Replication depends on AD setup and configuration. Kind regards, Menko den Ouden NL "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CD8D434-723A-40D3-A3B7-9B63E4A34CEF@microsoft.com... > When we enable a disabled user account it can tae 180mins before the > mailbox > is accessable again, how can I speed this up? > > Thanks > &g...

RE: Check this correction update
--wnmfhdyuimbuoogb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="grtwgjbbz"; type="multipart/alternative" --grtwgjbbz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mrihmqcdiuwpmb" --mrihmqcdiuwpmb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your c...

How can I check if data in external data range is changed after re
I exported an external data range from an webpage into an EXCEL document. With the refresh button I can refresh the data, but: How can I check if data in external data range is changed after refresh. Depending on if data is changed or not, other actions must be executed. Product: Microsoft Office Excel 2003 SP1 ...

Auto spell correction
Pretty basic...But I can't work it out. I have a table that just has a list of acronyms and then the description next to them. One acronym is 'CNA' = Customer not available However access keeps changing it to 'CAN' I've looked everywhere to turn this off, but cant find owt. I wouldnt mind but it is bound to a external report generated by another company and they wont change the acronym! Any pointers? Sorted, found the Auto correect menu and deleted CNA from the list. "Steve B" <meinthecorner@gmail.com> wrote in message news:CEB28289-2C77-42...

disable reports daterange dialog to show up twice
Hi, I created a report with daterange parameters. Everythings works fine but when I want to print some report, the report asks the user again for the date parameters. Having installed the CRM update CRM1.2-KB834913-Server.exe which should repair this bug, I noticed no change. The reports always asks twice for the parameters. Is there any secret for this mystery... Greetings Thomas Ott are all these parameters in a single report or are you using sub reports as well? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Th...

Spell Checker Does Not Work 02-16-10
I am editing a Word document sent to me from someone else. I think they originally created it in AmiPro. For some reason the spell checker does not work in this file. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to make the spell checker work? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dk2" <dk2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72E8E257-7E50-4859-BD99-125BAFBEEDB6@microsoft.com... >I am editing a Word document sent to me from someone else. I think they > originally created it in A...

How to disable Item Lookup Window
We need to totally disable the Item Lookup Window. We have set security so "F2" is disable (and it works) but when the Cashier enter a non-inventory ItemLookupCode, the POS will open up the Item Lookup Window anyways. We need to disable this feature. We want to not see this window and make them call in the supervisor when an Item is not located. Whats the proper way to disable the Item Lookup Window even if Non-Inventory is entered? Hi RicoTowers In Store Operations manager go to file - configuration - item options - check mark DISPLAY UNKNOWN ITEM SCREEN - uncheck LOOK ...

How to disable auto lock
By the group policy, all PC's which are joined to the domain are forced to be locked after 15 minutes of inactivity.Is there any way to disable this auto lock on client-side? The situation is like the following. I am using a virtual machine and this is also joined to the domain (using "Bridged connection"). When I am using my PC, I often running the virtual machine too, but I do not constantly use it. When I am trying to use the virtual machine, it is often locked. I think disabling the lock in a VM does not cause any security hole, because the real host PC will be loc...

Outlook Prompts for E-mail Account and Password Even Though "Save Password" Has Been Checked (XP)
The OS is XP Pro. One user, Adminstrator, password login. I can't recall if it's Outlook 2000 or 2003. Multiple e-mail accounts. Every time he gets his e-mail, Outlook prompts for the account logins and passwords. He checks the "save password" box and it gets the mail. But the next time he gets his e-mail, Outlook prompts for the accountnames and passwords again. Any idea why? Peter, I have had the same problem ever since I upgraded to Outlook 2002. Hope someone has the answer. This also happens on several of my web based email sites. I check the Remember my login and p...

monthly budget/check registry spreadsheet formula
I'm working on a monthly budget/check registry spreadsheet. What I want to do is have the check register link to the allowed balances in the monthly budget. I have two fields in my monthly budget for each item. A projected cost and actual cost. I want to link entries in the check registry to the actual cost of the fields in the monthly budget. I plan to use account numbers to link these fields to each other. For example . . . Say I buy groceries for $50. When I enter this into the check registry I enter all the necessary information along with an account number that links this tra...

just checking
Catherine Please let me know if you recieved this email. From Margaret...

Getting rid of: "The data file 'Personal Folders' was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems."
I have been sharing my Outlook (2002) mail folders and settings between my laptop and my desktop computers by moving the entire outlook.pst back and forth. This has MOSTLY been working quite nicely. But ever since I started doing this, MOST (but not ALL) start-ups of Outlook have produced the following message: "The data file 'Personal Folders' was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems." Then I have to wait (sometimes as long as 10 minutes) for Outlook to do whatever it is doing. Can anyone advise as to how to get rid of this irritating behavior? ...

Matching Checks in M2007
I currently use Money 2007 Deluxe and have my transaction for my bank account downloaded into Money. When it finds a match for a check that I've written and I accept that match, it updates the date of the check to the date it was cashed as opposed to leaving it with the date I entered (the date the check was written). Is there a way to tell it to leave the date alone when accepting a match? Thanks, Merg -- Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet. In microsoft.public.money, The Merg wrote: >I currently use Money 2007 Deluxe and have ...

Word 2007 Doest Check for wrong spelling
I have a word 2007, int default installation it dosent check for spelling. So I've changed the Language to English(united states) in the review tab. but after I close the program I have to do this all over again to apply the word correction.. What is your suggestion so that my settings will presist? See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sheen" <Sheen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE381B7D-70CE-4E18-A607-549A9...

Checking sums won't add up
Hello, Using Excel 2004 for Mac on OS 10.5.8. I'm making a cue sheet which adds up timings of songs. I have a column of 61 entries, all formatted HH:MM:SS (I checked the formatting). I have 3 totals for the column. 1: sum of all entries, =0:59:34 2: sum of "A" songs, =0:35:29 3: sum of "B" songs. =0:24:36 4: sum of "A" total + "B" total =1:00:05. This is a check sum field that should match #1 above, but doesn't. I have checked many times and can't find the problem. If I'm sure that all of the 4 totals above refer to the...

check boxes
I downloaded and worked on a template on someone elses computer using check boxes. I sent that template to my laptop to complete working on the template and the check boxes now show up like this: {form check box} How do I get this to go back to a check box? Hi JOLOJO58, Simple: Press Alt-F9 to toggle the field code view. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "JOLOJO58" <JOLOJO58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C83A55C-B768-43BE-A171-762EEA78DEAC@microsoft.com... >I downloaded and worked on a template on someone elses computer...

Spell check - Ignore All not working properly
Please provide a fix for the following issue: During spell check in Microsoft Word, if you select Ignore All, Word will ignore all instances of the word you chose to ignore, not only in the current document, but also in any other open Microsoft Word documents until you exit all instances of Microsoft Word on your computer. In addition, after you save, close, and reopen any of the affected documents, the word you chose to ignore will continue to be ignored. In order to reset spell check and have Word flag in a particular document words you have to use the tool - Recheck Document....

How do I check error result occurring by filecopy function in VBA
I writing in VBA for excell. My program calls the filecopy function in a private function. If filecopy fails, the program should analyze it and return with a failure value to the main subrotine that calld the fuction (in a success execution of filecopy, the function returns the workbook object of the new destination file). How can I check the status of the execution? How can I found out if the returnd workbook object has value or it's empty? Thanks Hi I tend to do something like Err.clear 'err is not destroyed when the sub ends On Error Resume Next 'do the co...

Disable Copy/Cut
Process: Creating forms in MS Excel for office us Problem: Cannot prevent user from cutting/pasting or copying/pasting unlocked cells and/or cell formats - even when Protection for Worksheet and Workbook is activated Example: Worksheet is protected and all but cells A1 and B1 are locked. A1 stores a dollar value and B1 stores text. It is critical that the data in these cells retain their format and value types. However, even though the worksheet and workbook protection is active, I can still drag the contents from cell A1 into B1 and as a result, mess things up Can someone explain to me a pr...

checking for existance of file before running macro
I have a macro that opens a source file to retrieve information. I want to be able to check to see if it's there first and if it's not send a msg to the user stating that the file isn't there. When the user clicks okay on the box I want the macro to end without error. Can anyone help? thx, Jim You can use the Dir() function: dim myFilename as string myfilename = "C:\autoexec.bat" if dir(myfilename) = "" then 'it's not there else 'yes, it is end if Jim wrote: > > I have a macro that opens a source file to retrieve information. I wan...

Disablings certain features for exams
I am customizing Word 2007 for use in exams in a university setting. I've disabled the spelling and grammar check, but there's a couple of other things we need to do to prevent foul play: 1. Disable the excel forumlas that can be used in a table. 2. Lock the settings so that users can't reactive the formulas and spellchecker. Any suggestions? Thanks Remove Office from the computers and make them use WordPad. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MV...