Digitally Sign a Code Module

Word 2007

I would like to add a digital signature to a code module.  When I got to
Tools > Digital Signature > Choose, I don't have any certificates to select.
I do have a certificate that would be appropriate for this function.  Does
it need to be in a specific certificate store?

Thanks for any help that you can offer!

--Tom

0
Thomas

On Mon, 3 May 2010 17:45:54 -0600, "Thomas M."
<NoEmailReplies@Please.com> wrote:

>Word 2007
>
>I would like to add a digital signature to a code module.  When I got to
>Tools > Digital Signature > Choose, I don't have any certificates to select.
>I do have a certificate that would be appropriate for this function.  Does
>it need to be in a specific certificate store?
>
>Thanks for any help that you can offer!
>
>--Tom

I don't know whether this is the way it's supposed to be, but the
certificates that appear in that dialog for me (mostly my SelfCerts)
are in the Personal certificate store.

One place to ask, if you can, is the source of your certificate; each
supplier seems to have a slightly different installation routine.

The other place you could ask is in the newsgroup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Two VB Codes for changing conditions
I have two VB Codes that work fine seperated, but don't work combined. How do I combine them? CODE: Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer) If Me.Section(0).BackColor = vbWhite Then Me.Section(0).BackColor = 13434828 Else Me.Section(0).BackColor = vbWhite End If If InStr([Inner Hydro Operational Flights per Minute], "Unassigned") = 1 Then [Inner Hydro Operational Flights per Minute].ForeColor = 16777215 'white Else [Inner Hydro Operational Flights per Minute].ForeColor = 0 End If End Sub "Macro Hunter" <Macro...

Help with code
Hi I have a piece of code that extracts data from my database, but wish to modify it so that will use a connection string and sql query which I will place in a named range. Can anyone help? Here is my code..... Sub Get_DB() With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _ "ODBC;driver=SYBASE ASE ODBC Driver;NA=158.76.47.9,5000;DB=master;UID=sa;PWD=", Destination:= _ Range("G20")) .CommandText = Array( _ "SELECT sysdatabases.name, sysdatabases.dbid, sysdatabases.suid, sysdatabases.status, sysdatabases.version, sysdatabases.logptr, s...

DoCmd Code
I'm wanting to insert data, in this case and employee's name from query1, into the text of an email. Can anyone tell me how this is done. I've provide some sample code below. Many thanks! Function SendEmail() DoCmd.SendObject acSendQuery, "Query1", "HTML", "John Doe", , , "Adherence", _ "The following agent (Query1.[Employee Name]) is out of adherence" End Function you can use DLookup() but there may be a better way depending on how you are running this code. For example, how are you deriving the "John Doe" nam...

I broke the code and got 50,000 bucks
!!!!$$$$$$ EASY MONEY, AND IT REALLY WORKS!!!!!!, TRY IT AND YOU’LL BE HAPPY!!!!! :0) $$$Take five minutes to read this and it WILL change your life.$$$ I finally decided to read one of these articles in an internet newsgroup describing how to make $50,000.00 in only one month from a $5.00 investment. Of course I thought this was ridiculous ,or some type of pyramid. I talked it over with my family, an attorney, and my friends, and they all agreed it was some sort of scam. I hate scams because usually someone gets burned, and I didn't want it to be me! I blew it off for a few wee...

Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew
I get this error when i first launch Excel 97 on a NT4.0 PC Take a look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Start Word or Excel It points at PDFMaker.xla as being the culprit. Julian wrote: > > I get this error when i first launch Excel 97 on a NT4.0 PC -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Exception handling in unManaged code when being called from managed code
Hi! Here is some text from Microsoft press(exam 70-536). "Exceptions in unmanaged code are markedly different from those thrown in managed code. In earlier COM days, you could use the GetLastError function to get the last error that was raised. This approach won't work in a managed application because the return value of GetLastError might not be the correct one. Why ? because the GetLastError method can be set by either a ..NET framework object or the common language runtime(CLR) " What does this last sentence actually mean here. It says "because the Ge...

strip minus signs from right to left
When I import to excel from our accounting system, negative numbers show the minus sign at the right e.g. 100- instead of -100 or (100) Excel reads this as text and I have to go through the list manually inserting a minus sign at the left and deleting the minus sign from the right. Is there any easier way to do this? The numbers are not a fixed length, so the - could be the third or the thirteenth character in the cell. Found it! Thanks PJB =IF(RIGHT(A1,1)="-",-SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-",""),A1) "Heather" wrote: > When I import to excel from our accou...

Working with Filters in code
I have a form that I use to input my data. I just added a cmbBox to the form and I want to you it to filter the database. So that when I select a value in the cmbBox I want the Record at the bottom of the form to show the number of data that as being filtered so that I can then go through them and make my edits. How do I do this? Thanks Me.Form.Filter = "[MY_FIELD] = '" & Me.cmbBox.Value & "'" Me.Form.FilterOn = True "Ayo" wrote: > I have a form that I use to input my data. I just added a cmbBox to the form > and I want to ...

wpf user control
using VS 2008 sp1 and c#, I have a user user control (uc1) which uses another user control (uc2) in its xaml. When I compile the application and then view uc1 in the designer, I get the error screen "Problem Loading" and a blue squiggly under the reference to uc2 in the xaml and the tooltip for the blue squiggly says "The type 'uc2' was not found...". In the constructor of uc2 I have replaced the old exception handling with some new exception handling and this problem began when I started using the new exception handling. evidently id doesn't li...

need a VB code
hi, i have the code below which takes the value in cell U17 everytime it changes, and places it in column A on a sheet called graphs thereby forming a list down the sheet of all the values that appear in cell U17, for charting purposes. What i would like to do is to be able to duplicate this for different cells. i would like to have the cell values of W25 appear in a list in column K on the 'graphs' sheet. Could you please give me some code that will enable me to capture the values for these two cells in sheet1 into the sheet called graphs? any help would be greatly a...

code 646
I received updates on my computer. I tried to install update and code 646 came up, what do I do to override the code/ I have tried to install updates again and again and still get code 646... Help ...

error code 646
it seems there are alot of people getting error code 646 on windows update, and I have not seen a reply to fixing the 646... WHAT IS THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTIONS Len wrote: > it seems there are alot of people getting error code 646 on windows update, > and I have not seen a reply to fixing the 646... WHAT IS THE ANSWER TO THE > QUESTIONS Surely you jest. I find 26 other threads with " error code 646 " besides yours in this new group. Did you bother searching for it ? Here's 3 resolutions for Vista/Windows 7: 1) Temporarily disable User Account Control....

Sales Stage Code
In the SalesStageCode field there is the "OnChange" event which we understand provides the ability to add java script changing the probability field to a numeric value dependant upon the stage that has been selected. I am looking for code that will look at the SalesStageCode (eg, qualify, negotioate etc etc) and depending on the stage input a percentage number into the probability field. An example of this could be somthing like: If SalesStageCode = Qualify then Prospect = 10% I am not sure of the exact code. Does anyone know of this? Thanks, Nathan here is an example ==...

Using Code/Display tables in Excel
I need to display a value to the users and when the users selects a display value, I need to save a different code value to the file. In a spreadsheet, the user will select frequency. I want to display text for the code value. For example, using the following table: Code Display 1 Annual 2 Biannual 12 Monthly 52 Weekly 26 Biweekly 365 Daily 99 Other I want to display annual, weekly, etc to the user. When the user selects one of these values, I want to save the corresponding code value to the file. How can I do this? Here is a starting point: 1) From the control toolbox, select...

including Managed code ( /CLR ) in MFC app
Hi there, Since I added the managed code ( /CLR ) in my MFC app, in order to use System namespace , every thing is really really slow. Just launching the app takes more than 10 seconds, and opening a "file load/save dialog box" around 5 seconds. Is this "normal", or did I do something wrong? Thanks Using VS2003? Even without using managed code, I find the launching to take far too long, and a file load/safe to take far too long, because it wastes massive amounts of time loading symbols it will never use, for purposes that make no sense whatsoever. joe On Fri, 20 ...

Security Flaw with Digital Signatures in Outlook
This report is also available graphically at http://www.logsat.com/Signatures On 10/21/2004 the following vulnerability was reported to Microsoft: Security Flaw with Digital signatures in Microsoft Outlook - Emails in Microsoft Outlook digitally signed with S/MIME using either a commercial personal certificate like Verisign or using a certificate issued by MS Certificate Server can be altered. Outlook will not show any warnings about the email being changed, the digital signature will still be reported valid even though the message content has been modified and parties involved in the sig...

Microsoft Update Error Code 57
I have been attempting to have the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 through the Windows Update. Each time it is attempted it fails with a Error Code 57. Boklob wrote: > I have been attempting to have the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 > Service Pack 1 through the Windows Update. Each time it is > attempted it fails with a Error Code 57. Operating System in question (edition and version)? Service Pack level of said Operating System? Start button --> RUN (no "RUN"? Press the "Windows Key" + R on your keyboard) --> type in: win...

Remove Percentage Sign
Hi All: Is there anyone who would like to tell me how I can remove percentage sign? Such as: 69.6% to 69.6 I successfully removed percentage signs before but I forgot what I did. Any help will will be very appreciated. Charles Just reformat the number as General. But 69.6% formatted as general is .696, not 69.6, so you'd have to multiply by 100. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Charles Deng" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4e8001c490f6$fdb971c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi All: > > Is there anyone who would like to tell me how I can remo...

How to automatically trigger the vba coding by opening worksheet?
The following code is stored under specific worksheet, whenever the worksheet is opened, it required to update all links and do all the calculation for each cells. For the given code, it requires to manually press F2 and enter to update and trigger the rest of coding. However, the value within cell A1 is calculated by formula, without manually pressing, the rest of coding will not be performed without triggering cell A1, so does anyone have any suggestions on how to trigger the rest of coding without manually update the A1 cell's value? Thank everyone very much for any sugg...

VB code "bolSingle" error
Office 2000 I am using D. Kallal worde merge code and am getting the following error for when pointing to the following line Call RidesMergeWord(strDirPath & Me.lstFiles & ".doc", bolSingle) the error highlights "bolSingle" with Compile error: ByRef argument type mismatch The folowing references are checked Visual Basic for applications Microsoft Access 9.0 library Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object library Microsoft data access components installed version Microsoft Visual basic for applications Extensibility 5.3 Complete code Dim bolSingle As Boolean '...

dollar sign #2
What does the dollar sign mean in a formula, for example what does $B$3 mean? Cheers this means absolute cell addres. if you use this in any formula etc it will always be B3 only. Jules <news@burnsville.freeserveXXX.co.uk> wrote in message news:d8m4ph$beq$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk... > What does the dollar sign mean in a formula, for example what does $B$3 > mean? > Cheers > > It differentiates between absolute and relative referencing, and becomes important when using a formula over many cells. As an example, enter =$B$3 in A1, and enter =$B3 in B1. Then select A1...

Passing command line arguements -Whats wrong with this code and can anyone help me out
Whats wrong with this code and can anyone help me out Created a win32 console application and passed a command line arguements like C:\CMDLINE\DEBU\cmdline.exe one Now my program should print ---one So in the program this is the code I wrote but IT FAILED.The screen disappears in a flash.Pls help .Thanks in advance ---------------PROGRAM---------------------------------------- int _tmain(int argc, TCHAR* argv[], TCHAR* envp[]) { int nRetCode = 0; cout <<" in main "; // initialize MFC and print and error on failure if (!AfxWinInit(::GetModuleHandle(NULL), NULL, ::GetComm...

How do I show a multiplication sign in front of a number
In an accounting spread sheet I need to set up three cells to show a calculation in a specific way. The first cell is the first number to be multiplied. The second cell is supposed to have the multiplication symbol and the number to multply by. The third cell is to be a formula cell in which the multiplication takes place and the results are shown. I don't understand how my accounting teacher expects me to make the second cell. If I show the multiplication number then the formula cell is messed up. Does anyone have a suggestion. I thought about putting the multiplication sign ...

Code to read a cell from every workbook in a folder
Any Ideas about what code would read the formula in cell c3 of ever workbook in a folder and give an array of the workbook names and th formula??? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Something like this? Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myFiles() As String Dim fCtr As Long Dim myFile As String Dim myPath As String Dim tempWkbk As Workbook Dim wks As Worksheet Dim oRow As Long Dim logWks As Worksheet Dim myAddr As String myAddr = "C3" 'change to point at the folder to check myPath = "...

Adding Plus/Minus Sign to Calculated Control in Report
I am trying to add a '+' and '-' to a calculated control. =IIf([txtq1pre]-[txtq1post]>=0,"+", "-") returns the appropriate sign. However, when I try to add something after the sign, the control return a huge number. For example, =IIf([txtq1pre]-[txtq1post]>=0,"+" & ([txtq1pre]-[txtq1post]),"-"&([txtq1pre]-[txtq1post])) yields a large number, when the underlying two numbers [txtq1pre] and [txtq1post] are both less than 5. Any help on my syntax? JDB wrote: >I am trying to add a '+' an...