Default Word 2007 to "No Spacing"?

Is there a setting to make Word 2007 default to use "No Spacing" under the
Styles of the Home Tab?

It's very annoying that it defaults to normal. I never use it!!! It's
especially when doing a Mail Merge and I have to put Name, Name2, Contact,
Address, Address2, etc.. all on one tiny label. Can't do that with the
spacing it does by normal. Each time I have to change it to no spacing.

0
shawn

Apply the Word 2003 style set. (Change Styles on the Home Tab)

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"shawn" <yuppicide138@removethisoptonline.net> wrote in message
> Is there a setting to make Word 2007 default to use "No Spacing" under the
> Styles of the Home Tab?
>
> It's very annoying that it defaults to normal. I never use it!!! It's
> especially when doing a Mail Merge and I have to put Name, Name2, Contact,
> Address, Address2, etc.. all on one tiny label. Can't do that with the
> spacing it does by normal. Each time I have to change it to no spacing.

0
Graham
1/19/2010 2:23:58 PM
Yes, I know I can change styles.

I'd like it to ALWAYS use no spacing by default. When I create a new
document it's "normal" and I don't want that at all.

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> Apply the Word 2003 style set. (Change Styles on the Home Tab)
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "shawn" <yuppicide138@removethisoptonline.net> wrote in message
>> Is there a setting to make Word 2007 default to use "No Spacing" under
>> the Styles of the Home Tab?
>>
>> It's very annoying that it defaults to normal. I never use it!!! It's
>> especially when doing a Mail Merge and I have to put Name, Name2,
>> Contact, Address, Address2, etc.. all on one tiny label. Can't do that
>> with the spacing it does by normal. Each time I have to change it to no
>> spacing.

0
shawn
1/19/2010 3:17:37 PM
Open Normal.dotm; show paragraph marks (click the ¶ in the paragraph group of
the home tab); select the paragraph mark (the only thing in the file); and
change its style to no spacing.   Save and close normal.dotm.

There may be some downsides to doing this (I can only think of one), so keep
your change in mind when you get unexpected results.

THT,
Pam

shawn wrote:
>Yes, I know I can change styles.
>
>I'd like it to ALWAYS use no spacing by default. When I create a new
>document it's "normal" and I don't want that at all.
>
>> Apply the Word 2003 style set. (Change Styles on the Home Tab)
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>>> with the spacing it does by normal. Each time I have to change it to no
>>> spacing.

Pamelia
1/19/2010 4:35:16 PM
The normal style in the Word 2003 style set has no spacing, thus by changing
the style set, you change the default spacing.
Tables always use the normal style by default.
Labels created by the label tool should eliminate the extra space (though in
practice they don't always) - see
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

> Yes, I know I can change styles.
>
> I'd like it to ALWAYS use no spacing by default. When I create a new
> document it's "normal" and I don't want that at all.
>
> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>> Apply the Word 2003 style set. (Change Styles on the Home Tab)
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "shawn" <yuppicide138@removethisoptonline.net> wrote in message
>>> Is there a setting to make Word 2007 default to use "No Spacing" under
>>> the Styles of the Home Tab?
>>>
>>> It's very annoying that it defaults to normal. I never use it!!! It's
>>> especially when doing a Mail Merge and I have to put Name, Name2,
>>> Contact, Address, Address2, etc.. all on one tiny label. Can't do that
>>> with the spacing it does by normal. Each time I have to change it to no
>>> spacing.

0
Graham
1/20/2010 7:20:04 AM
Yes, I can change the style, but I can't find where to make it ALWAYS use
that style by default. Everytime I start Word or a new file it defaults to
Normal.

The way they did that label crap in 2007 really sucks. I used to be able to
fit more information on a label. I also used to be able to hit enter to make
a carriage return on the label and then start typing. No longer.. now when
you hit enter it moves the whole label down on the page.

> The normal style in the Word 2003 style set has no spacing, thus by
> changing the style set, you change the default spacing.
> Tables always use the normal style by default.
> Labels created by the label tool should eliminate the extra space (though
> in practice they don't always) - see
> http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "shawn" <yuppicide138@removethisoptonline.net> wrote in message
>> Yes, I know I can change styles.
>>
>> I'd like it to ALWAYS use no spacing by default. When I create a new
>> document it's "normal" and I don't want that at all.
>>
>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Apply the Word 2003 style set. (Change Styles on the Home Tab)
>>>
>>> --
>>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>>
>>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>>

>>> "shawn" <yuppicide138@removethisoptonline.net> wrote in message

0
shawn
1/20/2010 2:41:48 PM
Have you tried setting the Word 2003 style set as the default?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

> Yes, I can change the style, but I can't find where to make it ALWAYS use
> that style by default. Everytime I start Word or a new file it defaults to
> Normal.
>
> The way they did that label crap in 2007 really sucks. I used to be able
> to fit more information on a label. I also used to be able to hit enter to
> make a carriage return on the label and then start typing. No longer.. now
> when you hit enter it moves the whole label down on the page.
>
> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>> The normal style in the Word 2003 style set has no spacing, thus by
>> changing the style set, you change the default spacing.
>> Tables always use the normal style by default.
>> Labels created by the label tool should eliminate the extra space (though
>> in practice they don't always) - see
>> http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "shawn" <yuppicide138@removethisoptonline.net> wrote in message
>>> Yes, I know I can change styles.
>>>
>>> I'd like it to ALWAYS use no spacing by default. When I create a new
>>> document it's "normal" and I don't want that at all.
>>>
>>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message

0
Stefan
1/20/2010 6:30:40 PM
I can't find where to set it, though. That's what I'm asking this whole time
lol.

..... went to look again and found it this time. Thanks so much guys.

I had gone to the little button that opens up the Style Pane. I didn't see
the little drop down arrow above that where it says "Change Styles" and in
there I set to default.

"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have you tried setting the Word 2003 style set as the default?
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "shawn" <yuppicide138@removethisoptonline.net> wrote in message
>> Yes, I can change the style, but I can't find where to make it ALWAYS use
>> that style by default. Everytime I start Word or a new file it defaults
>> to Normal.
>>
>> The way they did that label crap in 2007 really sucks. I used to be able
>> to fit more information on a label. I also used to be able to hit enter
>> to make a carriage return on the label and then start typing. No longer..
>> now when you hit enter it moves the whole label down on the page.
>>
>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> The normal style in the Word 2003 style set has no spacing, thus by
>>> changing the style set, you change the default spacing.
>>> Tables always use the normal style by default.
>>> Labels created by the label tool should eliminate the extra space
>>> (though in practice they don't always) - see
>>> http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm
>>>
>>> --
>>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>>
>>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>>

>>> "shawn" <yuppicide138@removethisoptonline.net> wrote in message

0
shawn
1/20/2010 9:37:08 PM
Well, some options are more difficult to find than others. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

>I can't find where to set it, though. That's what I'm asking this whole
>time lol.
>
> .... went to look again and found it this time. Thanks so much guys.
>
> I had gone to the little button that opens up the Style Pane. I didn't see
> the little drop down arrow above that where it says "Change Styles" and in
> there I set to default.
>
> "Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Have you tried setting the Word 2003 style set as the default?
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "shawn" <yuppicide138@removethisoptonline.net> wrote in message
>>> Yes, I can change the style, but I can't find where to make it ALWAYS
>>> use that style by default. Everytime I start Word or a new file it
>>> defaults to Normal.
>>>
>>> The way they did that label crap in 2007 really sucks. I used to be able
>>> to fit more information on a label. I also used to be able to hit enter
>>> to make a carriage return on the label and then start typing. No
>>> longer.. now when you hit enter it moves the whole label down on the
>>> page.
>>>
>>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message

0
Stefan

How can set to default the Format Text with No Spacing in Word / Outlook 2007?
I am using Office 2007 package, including Word 2007 and Outlook 2007. I have noticed that when I open a new document (or email) my Word always deafults to "Normal" in Format Text, which means that there is a one-line space in between each line that I write text in Word or Outlook. How can I set that both Outlook and Word always deafults to "No Spacing" between the lines of text. I assume that whateevr setting I have in Word are automatically used by Outlook when I open a new email or select reply to one? Please advise! Michael B. <mystic02removethisplease@ver...

Set NO SPACING as default
Word 2007, can I set the NO SPACING Style as my default Style for all of my future documents? d. -- dslocum Open the Normal template as a document and apply No Spacing to the empty paragraph. To open the template: First display the Open dialog box, for example by pressing Ctrl+O. Click Trusted Templates. Select Normal.dotm and click Open. When you are done, save and close Normal. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dslocum" <dslocum.56c1719@officefrustration.com> wrote in message news:dslocum.56c1719@officefrustration.com... > > ...

printing 6 slides on 1 letter page No spacing ?
I am using power point 2003 and if power point 2007 would help let me know. I have created 9 power point slides of the size (4.2135 inches width and 3.3117 inches high). A letter size sheet is 8.5 x 11 inches. I tried to use power point to print 2 of my slides across and 3 down without the large blank spaces that power point shows in 6 on a page handout. Does anyone have any suggestions for me ??? Thank You, Gary The "Handouts" in PPT are pretty well set in 2003 and 2007, no easy way to edit. You could send to word, then custom fit the slide previews (O...

Is there a setting to make Word 2007 default to use "No Spacing" under the Styles of the Home Tab? It's very annoying that it defaults to normal. I never use it!!! It's especially when doing a Mail Merge and I have to put Name, Name2, Contact, Address, Address2, etc.. all on one tiny label. Can't do that with the spacing it does by normal. Each time I have to change it to no spacing. Apply the Word 2003 style set. (Change Styles on the Home Tab) -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< ...