Dates in Word

I'd like to know how to change the date option in Word.  When I insert the
date in an invoice or letter, the next time I open it Word changes the date
to the current date.  I want it to keep the original date.  I know there is
some option I need to change but I can't seem to find it.

I'm using Word 7.

Press Alt+F9 to display the DATE field. Edit it to say CREATEDATE, then
Alt+F9 to toggle back and F9 (if necessary) to update the field. Better
still, change the field in the template you are using to create the invoice
or letter.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"attemom" <attemom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to know how to change the date option in Word.  When I insert the
> date in an invoice or letter, the next time I open it Word changes the
> date
> to the current date.  I want it to keep the original date.  I know there
> is
> some option I need to change but I can't seem to find it.
>
> I'm using Word 7.

0
Suzanne

Excel sorting prob with Word links
1) thru the Edit\PasteSpecial\PasteLink function in Word, I have linked what I highlight in Word (a reference point) to a particular cell in Excel. 2) I plan to have several thousand such rows of data in Excel, each one linked to a particular location in what amounts to many different Word documents. 3) My intended goal is to be able to access a point in Word, by double-clicking the appropriate cell in Excel. So far, so good . . . it works. MY QUESTION/PROBLEM IS THIS: I desire to sort those eventual several thousand rows of data in Excel, each one with a link to a Word location, and ...

Maximise viewing window in Word and Excel by default
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I had this problem in Office X and was able to solve it: I'm using a small 12' Powerbook and always I have to manually expand the viewing (open program) window in Word and Excel to achieve the maximum available screen view. The default is usually not reaching the bottom of the screen and I also need to move the window up to fill in the small blank space as it's floating. I had to resort to creating macros using Visual basic and then saving those as default templates in Word and Excel. I see that Office 2008...

I wish excel to convert number to words ie 23 to twenty three
i need excel to convert number to words ie 321 to three hundred twenty one etc http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/xlnumberstext.htm The link above is a good place to start. "razacbq" wrote: > i need excel to convert number to words ie 321 to three hundred twenty one etc ...

outlook moves words/letters
While typing an email on Outlook 2003,words and/or letters are randomly moved to other parts of the email. Very frustrating. This on a laptop. I have seen this happen when the Number part of the keyboard gets locked in the ON mode. (Like using the <ALT> key) In other words when you type the letter "k" you really type a number "5". -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Mike" <mrosenfield1948@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b98d01c3b92f$d1991d60$a601280a@phx.gbl... While typing an email on Outlook 2003,words and/or letters are randomly moved to othe...

Linking Excel to Word
I am writing a monthly report in Word 2000 whose figures and charts come directly from Excel 2000. The excel model changes every month, and the changes must appear automatically in the Word report. So, the .xls and the .doc files have to be linked dynamically, with something like OLE or DDE. I would like to know what is the best strategy for linking the files, that gives the lowest overhead to Windows 2000 (at home Win XP), is not exposed to corruption problems and if possible, respects the original format of the excel file. I have tried: *** Strategy 1: In my Excel file I Shift/Edit/C...

paste to word
How do I paste from excel to word, witout getting the grid lines? I have tried filling whole sheet with white and when I paste to word, I still get the grid lines. Ross In Word - Table|Hide Gridlines -- Ian -- "Ross" <ssor@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message news:WGzZe.2177$7b6.328@twister.nyroc.rr.com... > How do I paste from excel to word, witout getting the grid lines? I have > tried filling whole sheet with white and when I paste to word, I still get > the grid lines. > > Ross > Thanks Ian, Boy am I thick. I should have known that :) Ross &...

Monday closest to today's date?
Hello: I am seeking a formula that would return the date of the closest Monday to today's date. The monday would have to be the first one in the future, not the past. So today, Tuesday March 16, 2010, the formula would return Monday, March 22, 2010 Thanks in advance :) On Mar 16, 9:50=A0am, "Ted" <ted.gallag...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello: > > I am seeking a formula that would return the date of the closest Monday t= o > today's date. =A0The monday would have to be the first one in the future,= not > the past. =A0So today, Tuesday...

Word quits
I have had a problem with Word quiting abruptly. I have Office 10 and twice it has quit when I have been trying to use the data merge for labels. It has also quit a couple of times when I have been copying and pasting from Appleworks documents into a word document. I would appreciate any suggestions on this problem. Thanks Hi Doug, Standard Troubleshooting Procedures for Word X: See here to make sure you are fully updated: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/vxversions.html Then check for general troubleshooting tips: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/word/troubleshooting.html I...

Data Validation to force a Date/Time Entry
I have a cell where the user must enter a date time like this 5/1/2004 6:35 PM How can I force them to enter a proper Date and Time? Are there an Input Masks like you can use in Access? When I've tried and use Custom Data validation it can let them get by with just entering th date Are there any free calendar/clock controls ActiveX for Excel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ron de Bruin has some calendar control stuff at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm (the last line is a link to a free control, IIRC) "DoctorV <" wrote: > > I have a cell ...

use of contractions in Word e-mail editor
Whenever I type a contraction, such as it's, that's, can't, etc., the letter s or t appears several spaces to the right of the apostrophe rather than next to it. I've tried without success to locate anything in the grammar settings that could drive such an outcome. "Dale Pittock" <dpittock@enterprisecenter.net> wrote in message news:02fc01c356e0$70ff2be0$a601280a@phx.gbl > Whenever I type a contraction, such as it's, that's, > can't, etc., the letter s or t appears several spaces to > the right of the apostrophe rather than next to it. ...

No of Days between two dates and offset formula
I want to find the no of days b/w two days it should consider saturday as half day holiday and sunday as fully day holiday . and any holidays in that week I need ans at c1= 11 . In between 1 and 15, date 14 is holiday. A B C D E F G 1 1-Jan-10 15-Jan-10 One more thing In a1 = Project Start Month , b1= Jan-10 In a2 = Project Duration , b2= 10 ( which may change depend upon the project) I need a formula so that from it shows a5=Jan-10 a6= Feb-10 a7= Mar-10 ...... so ...

Show Date Question
On my Form I have a Combo box and a check box. I want the combo box to show today's date if Check box is True! Thanks for any Help....Bob Set the Control Source of the combo to: =IIf(([MyCheckBox]), Date(), Null) It's unusual to use a combo to display a date like that, so I suspect I have not understood your question correctly. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:eSNl8AmX...

word 2007 how can I look at the html source code of my document
I am trying to look at the html source code of a word doc I saved in web page format. In 2003 I used to be able to look under view and source code. I am not finding the answer anywhere. I need to copy the html and paste into a myfamily website I subcribe to for the front page. Open the html page in a text editor such as notepad and copy it from there. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org &l...

Adding Date and Time?
hello all, I need to calculate a specific value everyday at specific hour and I don't know how to concatenate the time to the TODAY() function. example: I added in A1 the TODAY() function so that gives me 8/10/2006 and I have in B1 cell 5:00 AM, anbd in B2: 8:00 AM, and B3: 13:00,..etc I need only one cell that combines these two cells A1, B1 so I can go ahead and do the same for A1, B2 and A1, B3,..etc does anyone one know how? thanks You can add dates and times together, like: =A$1+B1 and format the cell as Custom and choose a format from the scrollable list. This assumes that ...

Conditional Formatting
Could anyone help with the following conditional formatting questions. Have a spreadsheet with a list of training dates, need to be able to apply the following conditions: 1) Colour the cell in Amber when the cell contains a date < one month ahead of today 2) Colour the cell in Green if the cell's date is > 1 month away 3) Colour the cell in Red if the cell's date is < today. Hope this makes sense, this would mean the following for the dates below: Cell A1: 7th September 2003 (AMBER) Cell A2: 10th October 2003 (GREEN) Cell A3: 1st August 2003 (RED). Appreciate you...

Test cells for values if date matches
I have the following formula: =IF($AT$122:$BX$122=K$4,(IF(OR($AT$147:$BX$166="R"),"R",IF(OR($AT$147:$BX$166="Y"),"Y","G"))),"G") AT122 to BX122 contains a date (not all dates for a month are present) K4 contains the date I need to report on AT147 to BX166 contain the processing status by site for each date. I am trying to get the cell I am reporting in to display an "R" if any of the cells in the column that corresponds to the date that matches K4 contains an "R", if there is no "R", then I w...

Pastelink to Word
Excel table with first line = repeat on each page when printed ---- when I pastelink to WORD, the whole table runs over two pages without the repeat header line. ---- Is this possible or do I have to split the table into chunks that fit on one page? and then pastelink page by page? ---- or is there a way to do what I want to do? thanks ...

What is the process for converting a word doc to excel?
I would like to convert a word doc that is a list of email address and import those address's into outlook express address book, a group. How do I do that? It is asking for csv file format. James - If the data's in a word table, or even a list of paragraphs, copy it, paste it into Excel. You may want or need to run Text to Columns on the Data menu. When the data is all fixed up, save the worksheet as a CSV type file. I think for the import into Outlook Express, the first row of the input file must be field labels. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Tech...

Remove Leading Zeros from dates, need 4 Digit year
Because of a backlog with our .NET programmer, I am working with a report that was extracted from an SQL database to an Excel file. I have linked the Excel file to Access to provide reports in a specific format so that all I have to do is run the extract then overwrite the existing XLS extract. However, I have noticed that there are sometimes leading zeros in some of the entries which could be either in the month and/or the day. Even worse, some years are only two digits. I need the format to be m/d/yyyy (only 1/1/2009 - not 01/01/09 or any variation thereof) for my calculation in the repo...

No leading for list inside table (Word 2007)
I have a simple 2-column table containing agenda items for a meeting. The left column contains the topics. They are formatted as a numbered list. The right column contains the subtopics. They are formatted as a bulleted list. It looks like this: 1. Topic 1 * Subtopic * Subtopic 2. Topic 2 * Subtopic 3. Topic 3 * Subtopic * Subtopic * Subtopic * Subtopic The paragraph settings for both columns are the same: 6 pts Spacing before 0 pts Spacing after Checked Don't add space be...

2010 Word beta file type problem
I've installed Office 2010 beta. Now word documents (.DOC) are not associated with Word. I attempted to re-associate them as is typical in Windows by choosing "open with" and then browsing to "winword.exe" in c:\program files(x86)\office14. But it will not accept winword.exe as a valid program! So, currently the only way I can get to use Word is to open Word 2010 and either do File>Open, or drag a DOC file into the header of Word. (if I try to drag a DOC file from Explorer onto the Word icon on the desktop, it won't accept it! What's go...

In Excel, why sort function fails when applied to a list of date?

macro in excel to copy from excel to word
i have a database in excel...which i would like to take more advantag of. I also have some forms in Word that I was hoping to be able to get the to be automatically completed using the excel database. Initially thought this would be quite simple.... just record the macr then modify it to suit. This using simple copy from excel and paste into word document, o pasting into form..field..values. I have done a little before with excel macros - to a level of 'usin excel programming for dummies' book. But really do not know where t start now. Have seen this: "Dim appWD As Word.Appl...

Excel.exe has generated error/Days calculation from date
An error message occure while opening specific file "Excel.exe has geneated Errors and will be closed by the windows you need to restart the program." How can we get the No. of days using two date calculation because days360() is not solving the problem. I would highly appreciate for help ...

Word Art #3
How do I resize or scale my Word Art? I know I can change the font size, but I want to scale/resize -- just keeps popping back to original size. natira wrote: > How do I resize or scale my Word Art? I know I can change the font > size, but I want to scale/resize -- just keeps popping back to > original size. And are we supposed to /guess/ which version you're running...? -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ My apologies, you are quite right. Being new to Bulletin Boards I was remiss in not stating all the facts. I will, however, take my question...