Date Update

Hi All

How do I STOP Word updating a date field when i load the documents some
time after the original create.  I Want the original date

BTW -  Update Automagically on the Date window is not ticked

Thanks

Pete
0
Peter

Use Alt+F9 to toggle the display of the field codes and change the type of
field to { CREATEDATE }.  It will then display the date upon which the
document was created.  If you put such a field in the template from which
you are creating the documents, and you use File>New and select the template
as the basis of the document that you want to create, the field will display
the date upon which you create the new document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Peter" <p0911@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> How do I STOP Word updating a date field when i load the documents some
> time after the original create.  I Want the original date
>
> BTW -  Update Automagically on the Date window is not ticked
>
> Thanks
>
> Pete

0
Doug

User unable to retrieve mail after a certain date in Outlook 2007
I have a user using Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager over a VPN in cached mode. He is connected to Exchange 2000. He has been unable to retrieve emails since a cut off date 3 days ago. On Outlook Web access he can see the new emails but cannot see them on his Outlook. He has deleted his cached file, recreated it, and done the same for his Mail profile without success. He has not installed any new software. He is able to send emails without problems. There are no error messages. Other users connected to Exchange are unaffected. Suggestions? "AndrewB" <AndrewB@di...

Custom Formatting for Dates
Is there a manner of formatting to see date as Text?, if entered in same cell. Think that is what I need. Using custom formatting: yymmdd and making column narrow, so just see dd (with right justify). Problem is that going from text to date format, just see ## is there way to make yymmdd in custom to conform to text??? Thanks a1 11/2/05 b1 =TEXT(A1,"yymmdd") you will get b1 051102 ==================== "nastech" <nastech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89817178-868E-4E3C-9946-6A1E93B0080F@microsoft.com... > Is there a man...

Removing weekend/holiday dates
Sorry but I must be missing something. I'm with you until "Axis Options", but under "Axis Options" I don't see anything that says "Axis Type" or anything that gives me the option to have a text axis. Thanks p.s. I am using a scatter chart "Andy Pope" wrote: > For xl2007, > > Select chart and then x axis. CTRL+1 to open Format dialog. > Axis Options > Axis Type: Text axis > > Cheers > Andy > -- > > Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel > http://www.andypope.info > "sara rovang" <sararovang@di...

Check the update
--wbotddiq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="rhztwaiyadytmyz"; type="multipart/alternative" --rhztwaiyadytmyz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nzilyxcy" --nzilyxcy Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintai...

Date macro
Hello all, I have a column named Last Update, into which I want to be able to click on a row and press a key combination and have today's date automatically stamped in this cell. I created a macro, it inserts "=today()" in the current active cell, which is fine, I execute my macro and see today's date in the cell. Problem is that when I look at that cell tomorrow, it will no longer have yesterday's date in it. Somehow I need the function to insert in that cell the value of the formula, and not the formula itself, so's when I open the sheet in the future, I w...

Default date format for dates entered without a year
Excel 2007: Most online docs claim that Excel's default date settings are controlled by the Regional and Language Settings (Windows XP) in the Control Panel. I have my short date format set to MM/dd/yyyy. What I don't like, is that when I leave out the year, and enter something like 1/15 in a cell (which didn't previously have any formatting) in Excel 2007, it gets formatted as dd-mmm and shows as "15-Jan". (The full date 01/15/2008 correctly shows in the Formula bar.) I don't *ever* want Excel to show "15-Jan". I *hate* that format. I would like...

Populate or update new date field (if blank) on opening of form
I have added a new date field to the Case form (new_occurrencedate), which I would like to be populated with todays date (if it is blank) on the opening of the form (or creation of a new case). I have tried adding workflow but this does not change the date from blank when adding a new case. I guess I need a small on open script on the form to check if the field is blank and if so, update the field with todays date. If so could anyone suggest a working script? Thanks in advance The occurrencedate will only be blank the first time you create the form, if it gets put in there the first ti...

CRM 1.2 and Activity Dates
We have a VB.NET web service which is called by various applications whose purpose is to interface to CRM. I have a method which creates a couple of phone activities that worked just fine in CRM 1.0. However, since we upgraded to CRM 1.2, the code breaks. The error states that the date is out of range. I don't know whether this is due to something different in CRM 1.2 or a configuration issue in the environment. The VB.NET code simply assigns a valid date to a .NET Date object and converted to universal time as in 'MyDate.ToUniversalTime'. I have tried virtual every ...

Help with Update statement
Hi, I am from Access background. I am stuck with write store procedure in SQL. How do I convert Access update statement below into SQL update one UPDATE tblProject INNER JOIN tblProjectWorkplan ON tblProject.Pr_ObjectID = tblProjectWorkplan.Pjw_Pr_ObjectID SET tblProjectWorkplan.Owner = "Ratha" WHERE (((tblProject.Pr_Year)=2008) AND ((tblProject.Pr_ProvinceID)=2)); SF Try something like this (***untested***): UPDATE tblProjectWorkPlan SET Owner = 'Ratha' WHERE Pjw_Pr_ObjectID = ( SELECT t.Pr_ObjectID FROM tblProject t WHERE t.Pr_Year ...

Money Quotes Update
Hi, Where does Money retrieves online quotes for investments? I know that there's a registry key ("http://data.moneycentral.msn.com/Scripts/ invisapi.dll") that indicates the QuoteServerURL, but... is it possible to retrieve quotes from a specific (customized?) server? How can Money retrieve the right quotes for the right country? Regards... On Jan 2, 2:22=A0pm, marco.a.mendo...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Where does Money retrieves online quotes for investments? I know that > there's a registry key ("http://data.moneycentral.msn.com/Scripts/ > invisapi....

Combine cells and insert date.
I have a formula in which i am combining text from various cells. =CONCATENATE(G3,G4,G8,G9,G10,G11,G12) In this case, one cell (G9) contains the date formula =TODAY(). What I am getting from G9 is 39023. What I need is the actual value 11/02/2006 from the results of the formula (will change cell format to get actual yyyyddmm format) Any advice? =G3&G4&G8&TEXT(G9,"mm/dd/yyyy")&G10&G11&G12 Bob Umlas Excel MVP "J.W. Aldridge" <jeremy.w.aldridge@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162495454.915087.89510@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I have...

Recipient Update Service errors #2
I keep getting the following two errors in my Exchange server application log: 2027 - Unable to generate the e-mail address. Unable to load address module 'C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\address\GWISE\i386\gwproxy.dll' for address type 'GWISE'. Error 0xc007007e. 8231 - Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=Recipient Policies,CN=Health Care Excel,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=hce,DC=org':'MAD.EXE', error=8000ffff. Taking provider offline. We currently have an Exchange 2000 server, and a new Exchange 2003 cluster. ...

Auto Update Statistics 08-04-10
We are running SQL Server 2008 SP2 Enterprises. We have a table with a column that identifies individual clients, such as Client_UID, which is an int data type. So, if the table has 1 million records, as an example, and we have 10 clients represented in this table, let us assume each client has 100,000 records. Each night in this table we loop through the 10 Client_UID's and zero out various financial columns in the table and then refresh those values to begin the day. We are finding this to be problematic and are exploring more optimal methods. One way was updating the table a...

After Applying DST Update
Hi Guys, I was reading the blogs below and still having some problems. http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/02/dst-2007-understanding-what-needs-to-be.html Order for Apply Updates 1. Update Windows Servers and Windows client operating systems with the February 2007 Cumulative Time Zone Update (KB 931836 for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP SP2). 2. Rebase Appointments 3. Exchange Servers: Apply the Feb. 2007 Cumulative Time Zone Update to Exchange servers (KB 931836 for Windows Server 2003 servers) 4. Exchange Servers: Apply the Exchange CDO patch to update the time zone embedded in ...

If statement with date
I'm trying to return new salary information based on a hire date. The criteria is if you were hired on or before Jan. 1, 2005, you get 3% of the mid-point of your current salary range. I have the spreadsheet set up as follows: A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 Current sal hire date PG mid-point new salary 40,950.00 12/15/03 15 52,460.00 ???? I was using the formula in E1: =If(B1>1/1/05,(D1*.03)+A1,A1) But when I entered a hire date that was after 1/1/05, it was still adding ...

Referencing a date as text
In sheet 1 of a spreadsheet I use there is a cell that gives the current date as "MMM-YY" ("Oct-04", for example). In the second sheet I refer to this cell with the formula {=Sheet1!A1}, which gives me the date. What I want to do is concatenate that date with the word " files" but entering the formula as {=Sheet1!A1&" files"} converts the date to its absolute number (such as "38621" or whatever). I've tried using the "TEXT" function but I don't know what to put in as the second (format_text) parameter. How do I fo...

Can you change a GL posting date after a batch has been entered?
Does anyone know how to change the GL posting date of a payables or payroll batch from one period to another period within the GL? Example, a payroll check was originally cut on March 31, 2008 and posted to the GL in March. On May 15th, the payroll department voids the payroll check using the original March 31st date. Systematically, the voided check attempts to post to the GL in the month of March which has already been closed. How can I manually move the unposted void payroll batch into the open May period? Thanks, Mike Mike, In the Void Payroll Checks window (Transactions &...

home page
I download my accout info from my bank at least once a week. I'm wondering why I can't get the "Updated" date on the home page to update correctly. Both my checking and savings are from the same institution. The date for my savings account will update to close to the current day when I download the info. The date on my checking, however, will never update. I have checked to see that the account information is correct and it is. I've got everything filled in just as I do with my savings. Why the difference? What is Money actuallying using to update this date...

Can't get Outlook Service Pack 2 to update properly.
Any suggestions would be helpful. abheuck, you wrote on Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:21:28 -0800: > Any suggestions would be helpful. Do you receive any error messages during setup? -- Best Regards Christian Goeller ...

Auto Update of Data... help please
Hello, I am preparing a MIS for my comp. I have a problem here. I have a monthly sheet and a daily sheet. Daily sheet is upated on a daily basis. now on the first day, both daily and monthly will have same numbers. On the second day I want the monthly to be -- First day data + today's daily data.... Is that possible...... Plz help Yes, but without specifics, it's difficult to be sure the answer I give you will be a good one, but I'll try. Assume daily totals on the 'Daily Sheet' are in column B and there is one entry per day using rows 2 through 32...

CE6R3 and QFE updates, then heap allocation failure
I was running CE6R2 just fine, but I didn't have the updates for the last year. After installing the R3 update and the latest QFEs available, I got a build error about atlsd.lib. I found a tip on google groups about adding ATL in the catalog, and the build seemed to work. But now that I've updated CE, the CETK Storage Device Block Driver Read/Write Test started throwing messages for debug builds: FS: Failed fsalloc for heap 0xc01c0680. Len 119132160, Free 414564 FS: Out of memory! Unable to reserve cache flush space. (File=0x00000044, pos=0x07040000) FS: AbandonLo...

Determine next Saturday in calendar based on date in a cell
I need to determine the following Saturday based on a given date in a cell. For example, in one cell I have a date of 10/8/2006 - I need a function to return the date of 10/14/2006. Please don't post the same question to different workgroups in separate posts. Your question has been answered in another newsgroup. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91343C82-106D-40AF-A919-A5E275ADBB57@microsoft.com... |I need to determine the following Saturday based on a given date in a cell. | For example, i...

Can excel send reminder emails on dates entered in a wookbook?
My boss thinks that excel can generate an email on a date entered into a workbook. For example I can insert a "trigger date" column and excel will send her an email notice on the date I enetered. Any truth to this? We use lotus notes. Hi If excel is always open it is possible with Ontime http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm You can check the date and run the mail code See for lotus notes code http://www.excelkb.com/?cNode=1X5M7A -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Doubting_her_boss" <Doubting_her_boss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Updating financial institution information
With Money 2004 you could manually tell Money to update/get information about financial institutions on-line support. This seems to be automatic in Money 2005. What triggers Money 2005 to go out to financial institutions and get a list of on-line manageable accounts for example? Account List / Manage Online Services Then there is a link by some of your accounts "Check for new online services" When I go there though it says I'm offline and I cannot get a list. Hopefully you have better luck. -Max "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Help with Date/array formula
Have 2 columns that could contain dates. Column A and B. Need to count the number of each month in both columns. If column B is empty, use month in column A. If B not empty use B. This formula works in every month except JANUARY. (Array) =SUM(IF(MONTH(IF(B1:B5="",A1:A5,B1:B5))=1,1,0)) Appears to read blank cells in range as 1(true). Have been fightin this for way toolong and will appreciate any help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way ...