Creating form templates

I am creating a form templace with a combination of check boxes and text
fields. Whenever I place both in the same form, protect it and then try to
use the template, using the check boxes disables the text fields.  Surely
there must be a way to use both together in one form Help!

If this is Word 2007 (always important to say) and the "text fields" are
really content controls, don't do that -- use text form fields from the
Legacy Controls button instead.

If that isn't the case, then please specify your Word version and exactly
how you inserted the fields.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Charles wrote:
> I am creating a form templace with a combination of check boxes and
> text fields. Whenever I place both in the same form, protect it and
> then try to use the template, using the check boxes disables the text
> fields.  Surely there must be a way to use both together in one form
> Help!

0
Jay

Disable creating new email accounts
Hi All, I was woundering how you can disable the user from creating a new email account on a profile. I would like create a profile on a user machine connecting to an Exchange Server and then not allow them to create any new email accounts. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Steve Hi, Try the following steps. Back-up the registry before proceeding. Start>Run>regedit and click OK. Browse through the folders in registry. HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options - DisableHTTP, DisablePOP3, DisableExchange, DisableIMAP, Disable OtherTypes Change the...

background color showing only when in email form
I am aware of how to shade cells in excel but here is one that has me stumped. When I go to email a page out of my excel program (email for review, not as an attachment) the email has a blue background. If I email any other pages out of the program this does not happen...they simply have the white background I am anticipating. I have obviously done something in this one page but when I look at the spread sheet...the bacground outside of my work area is white. Any thoughts?? Hi David, Possibly you have Conditional Cell Formatting http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm...

Template sample link error
Hello all If this is a repeat, my apologies; I thought I posted last night, but don't see it this morning. Anyhow, I'm trying t learn a little about templates and I bumped into the same problem that Peter McCarthy had in his post; but, I didn't understand the reply from Michael Buechel. So, again, using the example in the MSDN library I've created a simple dialog app and in the .h I put template <class T, int i> class TempClass public TempClass( void ) ~TempClass( void ) ...

The rule could not be created
I have a user that gets, 'This rule could not be created. Check your folder permissions' when setting up a new rule. He has made other rules in the past and is using Outlook 2000. Any ideas on what the problem might be? Thanks, John AnytimeAnywhere wrote: > I have a user that gets, 'This rule could not be created. Check your > folder permissions' when setting up a new rule. He has made other > rules in the past and is using Outlook 2000. I'm assuming you looked at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3BEN-US%3Bq222224 already? -- f.h. ...

form.control(index)
Hello all, Is it possible to change the index of a control on a form. I guess access numbers them incrementally as they are created. For instance group all the text boxes in a sequential block . Dan S -- Danny C. Sperry Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200707/1 On Jul 24, 5:18 am, "Dsperry101 via AccessMonster.com" <u24149@uwe> wrote: > Hello all, > > Is it possible to change the index of a control on a form. I guess > access numbers them incrementally as they are created. Fo...

Outlook �03 ADM templates are "retrocompatible"?
I have 30 clients on a AD domain, running different versions of Outlook (i.e. 2000, 2002, 2003). I would like to configure them through a group policy, using an Outlook 2003 ADM template (Outlook 2003 resource kit). Is such a template "compatible" with precedent versions of Outlook? What will it happen to those clients running an older version of Outlook (than 2003), and applying such a policy? Do you have any experience to share? TIA, /NeXTstep If you open it in Notepad, you'll see that it refers to registry values = related to a particular version of Outlook, some...

creating a drop down list of information to choose from
Subject: Re: drop down lists From: "Nick Hodge" <nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS> Sent: 8/23/2004 2:10:30 PM I followed the instructions below - I get the validation area if I am in a new database with no information - but in the data base I am working in it isn't an option - can you tell me how to get it as an option in a active data base? It is a shared data base - does this matter? Catherine This can be done manually but check out Data>Validation... and the 'list' option. I think it's what you will need. -- HTH Nick Hodge M...

save as text file creates unwanted quotes
I have a worksheet that when saved as a text file using the "tab delimented .txt", quotation marks appear around some of the strings. These quotation marks do not show up in Excel, only in the text file. If I retype one of these lines of text in Excel, the quotations do not show up on the next text file saved. It appears as if it is some formatting that I cannot see in excel that is extracted when saved as a text file. Can anyone help? Do you have commas in your data? If there is a cell with a comma in it, Excel will put quotes around the data, so that when a csv parser reads...

Export table and form definitions only
Hi again, I am trying to save a template from my old database. I need the table definitions and form vews only. I don't want any data in it. Please let me know how to do it if you know. Thanks in advance. Hanna Hanna This is a quick/dirty way to do that ... Make a backup copy in Windows explorer. Open the backup copy and delete all the data from the tables. (now, WHY? Why are you attempting to make a second database exactly like the first? Is there a chance you are "committing spreadsheet" on Access by trying to set up a new "year's" da...

Lookup / Search Address from Contact Form
It would be useful if, when creating or editing a contact that has a parent record, you could select one of the addresses that is linked to the parent record as the main address for this contact. Ideally it wouldn't default to the main address of the parent, but instead give an option of which address to link to when creating a contact that is linked to an account. This would be similar functionality to that which is found in the quotes/orders area. -- Kev ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To ...

Creating a form for telephone messages
I would like to know how to create a form in Outlook that will allow all users to type in data (similar to Tasks) with different categories like TeleNotes without having to email. It would be a permanent Form just like Journals, Notes, etc. I have seen other companies that have this function in Outlook that would make it easy for assistants to leave telephone messages for their employers to view and edit. You can customize most types of Outlook forms, with the exception of StickyNotes. See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/forms.htm for information on how to do it. If you want a complete...

Can not Create cases
I'm having a problem creating cases. Everytime I try to create a new case I get the message Duplicate Record. A record of this type with this name already exists. Please choose a different name and try again. No what I use for the account, title or subject. Even Log Error Category: None Event ID 3 Description MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Error: The statement has been terminated. Error Message: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Details on this error have not be...

Put Button on form to move BE
I would ike to place a button on a form which will allow user to move "Data.mdb" from current location to another location. Like from K: drive to L: drive. I realize that the FE will have to relink. I have code in FE that will ask for location of BE if it can not be found on original K: drive. I have used DOS Move to make the move, but I want to do it with code in a Button on my FE form. Hi Jerry, That seems to me like a dangerous thing to do. You will need to make sure that no one else is accessing the data database, among other things. And if any tables ha...

OWA 2003 form-based authentication
Hi all, Can we undo the OWA 2003 form-based authentication? Even I unchecked the OWA 2003 form-based authentication in http vitual protocol, but is's still in effect. Thanks. Did you restart IIS (iisreset)? Nue "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCFBE035-FFE4-4A02-B827-B33DE5954D51@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > Can we undo the OWA 2003 form-based authentication? Even I unchecked the > OWA 2003 form-based authentication in http vitual protocol, but is's still > in effect. > > Thanks. > You probably have to...

How do you show a photo in an Access 2007 form?
I have an Access table created in earlier versions of Access with an OLE field. The photos that I previously entered into the database through the form - display as photos. Now I'm using a form in Access 2007. I tried to add a new record. On the old records the photos show on the new record all I get is an icon - same field, same table, same type of photo (jpg). In the table all the old records show MSPhotoEd, the new record shows Package. Any ideas? I have tried checking the Properties, this OLE field is set to display Content not Icon. I appreciate any help! Thanks. ...

How to create a list of data from the mail merge
I used Publisher Mail Merge to create the envelopes for a wedding. I want a master list of all the addresses. How can I get this? Please help soon!!! That is a major issue with the flawed Merge database in Publisher. It is not at all advisable to use the database built into Publisher. You should use an external database. Possibly the easiest way for you will be to install the Generic Text printer and setup a Merge to a small label size. You can then print that to the Generic Text printer and open the file in Notepad and get all the names. If you want you can e-mail me the *.MDB file and...

Workgroup Templates
How do you do it so templates can live on the server just like Word or Excel.....my office templates paths are managed by group policy but publisher doesn't find the pub templates. Thanks This article addresses all Office templates, it could point you in the right direction: How to manage templates in 2007 Office programs http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924460/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Russ Green" <russ-NO@SPAM-openarch.co.uk> wrote in message news:OlA0mif1JHA.3988@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do you do it so templates can live on the serv...

Is it possible to password protect a file created in publisher?
I would like to send a newsletter as an attachment to an email and I'd like to protect it from being changed. I'm using Publisher 2003, Windows XP Professional V5.1. There is no way to password protect a Publisher file. Send it as a .pdf. True, if someone had Acrobat it could be changed but there's no guarantee that even if you locked it down that someone couldn't figure out a way to edit it. Try to remember that most people have enough work to do without editing a newsletter - unless they are the Editor. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Marlene ...

Does an UPDATE create a record???
Will an UPDATE query create the record if it is not in the table yet? My update says it runs with NO ERROR but yet there is no record in the table... Do I need to set up a SELECT and then an INSERT if the records do not exist first ??? On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 08:48:07 -0800, chemicals wrote: > Will an UPDATE query create the record if it is not in the table yet? > My update says it runs with NO ERROR but yet there is no record in the > table... > > Do I need to set up a SELECT and then an INSERT if the records do not exist > first ??? An Update query will only update dat...

How to creat JE's for entire year
Our auditor needs us to produce our JE's for entire year of 2005. They want in a comma-delimited file in Excel. I would appreciate any help as our audit is one week away. Jason, I did this for our auditors this year. I just dumped smartlist into excel. It took awhile, but it worked fine. By default, smartlist stops at 1000 transactions. I upped that to 100,000 and it all fit. YMMV. -Trevor "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DB95F47-D7D0-4697-A690-5BFA6C510BF7@microsoft.com... > Our auditor needs us to produce our JE's for ...

linking to formula template on different tab
I don't know if I can do this in Excel, but thought it worth asking. I have a list of 80 clients. I need to know the cost for them, which is a complicated, multi-step calculation. I enter 4 input #s into the calculation (50, 17, 0, 23), and out pops the results: $22,123, $33,123, 0, $99,123. (I created the multi-step calculation formula, btw) However, the #s for the clients change regularly. So now I need to enter my new set of #s (45, 17, 2, 28) in order to get the updated cost figures. And I need to do this for all 80 clients, every time. In addition, I often need ...

open forms
Hi, I have a form and I open in maximize mod (with docmd.maximize) How can I open another form, (over first form- this is maximize), in a fix place and with fix size ? Set the 2nd form's Popup property to Yes. When you open it from the Database Window (the Navigation Pane in Access 2007), it will then open in a window of its own, outside the Access window. If you open the form programmatically, use: DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1", WindowMode:=acDialog -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply ...

SFO/OL CRM Email Form...
There should be a way to get to CRM Contacts from this form to add to the To, CC, and BCC fields. ...

Lookup to create List
Thanks in Advance: my data looks like this in columns B to Q heading1 heading2 heading3 heading4 heading5 heading6 Sales Rep. name 1 Company 121 556 50 5463 ABC name 1 Company 121 556 50 5463 MNP name 1 Company 121 556 50 5463 ABC name 1 Company 121 556 50 5463 YRS blank row name 1 Company 121 556 50 5463 ABC name 1 Company 121 556 50 5463 ...

HOW TO CREATE PASSPORT PHOTO(EASY TERMS PLEASE)
I am using a Lexmark 3in1 printer. I can print photo's from file but I cannot get passport photo's right. They are either to big or small. What am I doing wrong. Solutions in easy to understand terms please. I am not in to computer lingo. On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 14:32:02 +0000, Jay wrote (in article <17D7E391-B239-4346-B89A-2EBE9370F047@microsoft.com>): > I am using a Lexmark 3in1 printer. I can print photo's from file but I cannot > get passport photo's right. They are either to big or small. What am I doing > wrong. > > Solutions in easy to understan...