Create pre-set margins & page no's.

How does one "pre-set" margins & desired page-numbering option so that most
Word files that a person creates or copies from the Internet automatically
are set to these specifications when a new document page is opened?  (I am
tired of doing this "by hand"over and over again each day!)

Also, can I create one or more of this type of "template?" (I've never done
this sort of thing before.)

Create a template with the desired options specified. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Margeport" <Margeport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How does one "pre-set" margins & desired page-numbering option so that
> most
> Word files that a person creates or copies from the Internet automatically
> are set to these specifications when a new document page is opened?  (I am
> tired of doing this "by hand"over and over again each day!)
>
> Also, can I create one or more of this type of "template?" (I've never
> done
> this sort of thing before.)

0
Stefan

Copy and paste attachment creates e-mail message
One of our users is trying to insert documents into a table and having issues. She is using Office 2003. Her Word document contains a table (it is a meeting agenda) and when she wants to insert specific documents into it she goes to the e-mail message that the document is attached to, right-clicks it, copies it, switches to Word and pastes it into the table. She will then get the message "Do you want to merge changes?" and it doesn't matter if she chooses Yes or No, it will sometimes open an e-mail message and other times will paste properly. If she saves the document to her h...

Creating a report 04-23-10
Using a date of birth feild. How can I creat a report by people who were 5 by 12/2/10? The access program I use is 2003 Well to be five or over on 12/2/10 there dob would have to be equal to or greater than that date 5 years ago. So use criteria to filter the data <= DateAdd("yyyy",-5,#12/2/10#) Your date is ambiguous. Is it supposed to be December 2, 2010 or February 12, 2010? If you are using a date literal such as 12/2/10 then you must express that date in the form month day year or year month day (yyyy-mm-dd). John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 200...

Crashes, "error log has been created"
Running Outlook 2000, Windows 2000. It crashes multiple times/day, taking down my box. The error message flashes too fast, but it does say an error log has been created before it goes away. Any ideas? Any ideas where to access the error log? thx, tj ...

I'm trying to create product brochure
I'm trying to create a product brochure (11x17) that will contain at least 55 pictures on one 8 x 11 side. I'm wondering if there is a template or wizard that will help me create this brochure. -- Larry - BLL There is rarely ever a template that will suit our needs more than 50%. You're undoubtedly on your own to be creative. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Modrzynski" <Modrzynski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51DF9140-E7D0-4C81-8352-07B0FA963207@microso...

Creating Form Regions with more than one page
Hi, I already customized Outlook inspectors with full custom form regions sucessfully. What I don't know is how do I add a second page to it, like in an Contacts Inspector the "Details" page so that it can be selected and displayed by the Ribbon->Display Group? (Outlook 2007, COM-Addin, c#) Best Tom Please clarify, do you want to add 2 separate form regions or learn how to add 1? How are you adding form regions now? -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Re...

Turning page header on and off
I have a report with several group headers (and one has a footer), plus a page header section. These are a series of receipts for money received. On the first page of each receipt, I don't want to print the page header section. The first (most major) group header section contains all the information to be printed at the top of the first page of any receipt. But if any receipt continues to a second page, I do want to print the page header section ... it's considered an "overflow" page and the header simply contains the receipient's name and the column hea...

what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? thanks Depends upon what you mean load. If you mean launching default browser, use ShellExecute. If you mean to load it in your MFC app, use CHTMLView. Other options are MSHTML, IWebBrowser2 etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:08836cee5638a933f900557a8deb7d83@news.scbiz.com... | what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? | | thanks >-----Original Message----- >what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? > >thanks >. > microsoft ...

set AllowAddition to false
-- Phil On Oct 21, 5:34 pm, Phil <p...@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote: > -- > Phil In Design View right click on the field then select properties, click on the data tab and set Locked to Yes. ...

Default page
In Publisher 2000, somehow my default page when starting is now 8�"x14" horizontal. How do I get the default page back to 8�"x11", portrait? -- Don Vancouver, USA Open your printers folder, right-click your default printer, printing preferences, set the page to letter. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Don Schmidt" <Retired@Engineer.PNB> wrote in message news:10iu1735vbb4kee@corp.supernews.com... > In Publisher 2000, somehow my default page when starting is now 8�"x14...

Set CTreeView size in left-hand of splitter...
Hi, I've a basic MFC application that has a CTreeView in the left-hand splitter, however CTreeView doesn't accept overriding OnDraw and yet I need to have the the control rendered within the left-hand split without taking up all of the available space. How can this be done? If I try to modify the control's size in PreCreateWindow or OnInitialUpdate nothing happens. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks folks. Instead of using CTreeView, create a window that has a CTreeCtrl, then insert that window into the splitter. That way you can change the control's si...

page numbering over photo image
on several of my slides I use an image as the slide background ... here the page number (I use the footer and on some presentations the date) doesn't appear ... I've tried sending the image back ... and back ..... how, if possible, can you have page number appear over an image insert?? you do know that you seem to be asking Powerpoint (?) questions in a = Publisher newsgroup? "Sal" <Sal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:5AC1795A-890A-428F-BDB5-D9BD0F020696@microsoft.com... | on several of my slides I use an image as the slide background ... =...

How do i create a horizontal boxplot in Excel 2007
Excel Box and Whisker Plots http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhisker.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ On 3/24/2010 8:21 AM, Cristina wrote: > ...

how to change outlook settings once instatalled
I just instald outlook and went onto my email account wth msn. my previos e mails and adress book does not show up. can i get them in outlook? or turn outlook offcompletly ? so i can get my old informationin my mail ...

Column/line graph settings
I am trying to creat a column /line graph w/ 6 series and want only the last one to be "on the line" . Excel keeps putting 3 series in columns and 3 on lines. Is there any way to change this behavior? Thanks Zb Hi, Ignore the built-in combination graphs and create your own. Start by creating a column chart based on ALL data series. Select the last series, right click and pick Chart Type. Select Line chart you want. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Zb Kornecki" <zDOTkorneckiATcomcastDOTnet> wrote in message news:41B...

Excel Not Talking To Outlook [Email Settings]
Old computer worked fine and when I wanted to send a particular shee from a .xls file, I'd open Excel, find the sheet, "send to", fin address in the Global Address Book and hit send. We've set a new PC up, but cannot get Excel talking to Outlook for th email settings. It can be done, because we've done it before, bu cannot remember how it's done and what setting need changing. When clicking on "Send To", it asks you to create a new email accoun and doesn't pull up any email address', just the Shared Contacts & Mai Identity's Contacts. An...

How Do I set up the Microsoft Exchange Server?
What names would I give to the server and Mailbox? I'm using Outlook 2003 and running it on Windows 2000 SP4 on a single, non-networked computer. Thanks. "DaffyD�" <daffyd@woohoo.com> wrote in message news:#Q3lV#s3JHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > What names would I give to the server and Mailbox? I'm using Outlook 2003 > and running it on Windows 2000 SP4 on a single, non-networked computer. > Thanks. > > You don't. You use either POP or IMAP. -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, ...

How do I set timers on power point 2007 slides without having to .
Is there anyway to set a "universal" transition time in PowerPoint 2007without having to "rehearse" the entire show and set each slide individually? Setting timers via "rehearse" is just a waste of time. It seems simple enough (conceptually) to set the time at "x" seconds per slide, so how does one do it? In the slider view, select all slides (Ctrl+A) Animation tab, transition automatically after : 5 seconds for example. "Kander" <Kander@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 5BFCD061-A478-4118-B041...

Excel 2010 print settings
I had a macro running for people on excel 2007 which changed the printer to a pdf factory and print a number of pages (in specific order, and from different sheets.) the code i used was Application.ActivePrinter = "pdfFactory on FPP3:" ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut From:=1, To:=1, Copies:=1,ActivePrinter:="pdfFactory Pro on FPP3:" all the PC's have been upgraded to Excel 2010, and as a result it doesnt seem to like changing the printer from excel. does anyone have a route around this, or coding in 2010 that will set a printer? thanks crossy75 expressed ...

Creating a chart
Hi there, I need to create a chart, line graph, for the following table. First row contains date: 30/09/2007 01/10/2007 02/10/2007 03/10/2007 04/10/2007 05/10/2007 Second row contains : DB DG DG DR DG YL Third row contains: R R R G G B I've tried converting them in columns, but the graph does not come correct. Please, help it is urgent.... Thanks. Kind regards, Rashi ...

sub tasks starting before their master task is set to start
So I have a master project with multiple sub projects. The sub projects need to start at different dates. Rescheduling a sub project to a different date, however, doesn't change its tasks to start on that date (the constraint is set to 'start as early as possible' - but one would think 'as early as possible' is when its master task starts, not when the entire project starts). Rather, the tasks of the sub project with the 'start as early as possible' constraint start at the entire project start date. -- braden ----------------------------------------...

analysing data from files set
Hi. I have a billing system using Excel 2003 and I stored all my invoice files ( about 1000) into a folder. I would like to analysed data from this files set. For example I'd like to know: how many bills are headed to the customer "A"? What about the sales of the customer "A"? How many times I sold the items "X" to the customer "A"? How many times I sold the items "X" to all my customer? Some data fied are stored in the same cell for all the files ( i.e. "Customer Name" field is in E13 for all my bills). How can I do this...

Existing or pre-defined UITypeEditors
Hello out there, how can I find out which UITypeEditors already exist? Specifically I need - one to allow selection of images and - one to allow entering multi-line text. Any link will be greatly appreciated. Best regards Helmut Giese To answer my own question ... >Hello out there, >how can I find out which UITypeEditors already exist? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.drawing.design(VS.71).aspx lists the standard UI editors which come with VS and http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171840.aspx (Walkthrough: Implementing a UI Type Editor) shows h...

How do I open Publisher doc in Publisher 2000 created in XP?
I have ceated a document in XP Home Edition Publisher, I now need to open this in Publisher 2000 but I am unable to do this, any help would be appreciated. In Publisher XP...when you save the file there is an option to save the file as a 2000 one. Click on the drop down for the Save As box in the Save As dialogue box and select the option to save as Publisher 2000 and once you have saved it...try opening it in the Publisher 2000..it should open fine. "Keithref55" wrote: > I have ceated a document in XP Home Edition Publisher, I now need to open > this in Publisher 2000...

Set AutoFilter Field in Excel to a range name?
Is it possible to set the field:= to a range name? using auto filter. I have create some macros to filter a column based on a text string in a cell. These macros are assigned to a customized toolbar: The code is as follows: Range("F1").Select Selection.AutoFilter ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 1 Selection.AutoFilter Field:=6, Criteria1:="<text string>" What I would like to do is set the 'Field:=6' to 'Field:=<range name>' (if possible) so If additional columns are inserted the filter will still work using the range name rather than t...

How to create an avi file.
Hi can anybody help me to know how to create an avi file? -- Vashistha Kumar Singh I am not sure what exactly you want to do. Is it something you want to create using a MFC application? Typically you will use some application like Windows Media Player to create one, either by capturing or converting some other formats. --- Ajay This utility will convert to several formats: http://www.video-converter.net/ Tom "vashistha singh" <sinva01@ca.com.donotspam> wrote in message news:B0AB5A05-5E03-4206-9936-15670B7E0673@microsoft.com... > Hi can anybody help me to know how ...