create a database from which bibliography an be created

How do I create a database from which  a bibliography can be added to the end
of a Word document?
I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update.
Does Word 2003 have such a program?
Thanks

Not natively.

Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses
which students can use at home.

You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it,
but that's just me.

Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in
functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add it yourself
on top of the functionality. The good part is, it's extendable, the bad part
is, it isn't all that straightforward to do.

Yves
--
BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styles
http://bibword.codeplex.com

"MeAngelMom" <MeAngelMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I create a database from which  a bibliography can be added to the
> end
> of a Word document?
> I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update.
> Does Word 2003 have such a program?
> Thanks

0
Yves
6/1/2010 7:25:00 PM
That link doesn't work ...

On Jun 1, 3:25=A0pm, "Yves Dhondt" <yves.dho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not natively.
>
> Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licens=
es
> which students can use at home.
>
> You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like i=
t,
> but that's just me.
>
> Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in
> functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add it yourse=
lf
> on top of the functionality. The good part is, it's extendable, the bad p=
art
> is, it isn't all that straightforward to do.
>
> Yves
> --
> BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styleshttp://bibword.c=
odeplex.com

> "MeAngelMom" <MeAngel...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > How do I create a database from which =A0a bibliography can be added to=
 the
> > end
> > of a Word document?
> > I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to upda=
te.
> > Does Word 2003 have such a program?
> > Thanks-
0
Peter
6/1/2010 10:17:19 PM
It works for me?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Peter T. Daniels" <grammatim@verizon.net> wrote in message
That link doesn't work ...

On Jun 1, 3:25 pm, "Yves Dhondt" <yves.dho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not natively.
>
> Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus
> licenses
> which students can use at home.
>
> You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like
> it,
> but that's just me.
>
> Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in
> functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add it
> yourself
> on top of the functionality. The good part is, it's extendable, the bad
> part
> is, it isn't all that straightforward to do.
>
> Yves
> --
> BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography
> styleshttp://bibword.codeplex.com
>
> "MeAngelMom" <MeAngel...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the
> > end
> > of a Word document?
> > I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to
> > update.
> > Does Word 2003 have such a program?
> > Thanks-

0
Graham
6/2/2010 4:45:05 AM
"NOT FOUND the requested url /www.zotero.org was not found on this
server"

(Whence the opening slash?)

I'll try typing it directly into IE.

On Jun 2, 12:45=A0am, "Graham Mayor" <gma...@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote:
> It works for me?
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor - =A0Word MVP
>
> My web sitewww.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>
> "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote in messagenews:9aed305b-=
b36d-4084-a4f0-a05f32ce8c16@e28g2000vbd.googlegroups.com...
> That link doesn't work ...
>
> On Jun 1, 3:25 pm, "Yves Dhondt" <yves.dho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Not natively.
>
> > Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus
> > licenses
> > which students can use at home.
>
> > You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like
> > it,
> > but that's just me.
>
> > Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in
> > functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add it
> > yourself
> > on top of the functionality. The good part is, it's extendable, the bad
> > part
> > is, it isn't all that straightforward to do.
>
> > Yves
> > --
> > BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography
> > styleshttp://bibword.codeplex.com
>
> > "MeAngelMom" <MeAngel...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to =
the
> > > end
> > > of a Word document?
> > > I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to
> > > update.
> > > Does Word 2003 have such a program?
> > > Thanks--
0
Peter
6/2/2010 11:46:48 AM
Someone reported the same problem finding Graham's site the other day but
was looking for /www.gmayor.com. I suspect that the portal through which the
poster is accessing the messages is messing up the URLs. It is always
worthwhile, I think, to quote a full URL (i.e., http://www.zotero.org) to
avoid this problem.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

On Jun 2, 12:45 am, "Graham Mayor" <gma...@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote:
> It works for me?
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor - Word MVP
>
> My web sitewww.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>
> "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote in
> messagenews:9aed305b-b36d-4084-a4f0-a05f32ce8c16@e28g2000vbd.googlegroups.com...
> That link doesn't work ...
>
> On Jun 1, 3:25 pm, "Yves Dhondt" <yves.dho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Not natively.
>
> > Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus
> > licenses
> > which students can use at home.
>
> > You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like
> > it,
> > but that's just me.
>
> > Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in
> > functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add it
> > yourself
> > on top of the functionality. The good part is, it's extendable, the bad
> > part
> > is, it isn't all that straightforward to do.
>
> > Yves
> > --
> > BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography
> > styleshttp://bibword.codeplex.com
>
> > "MeAngelMom" <MeAngel...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to
> > > the
> > > end
> > > of a Word document?
> > > I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to
> > > update.
> > > Does Word 2003 have such a program?
> > > Thanks--

0
Suzanne
6/2/2010 12:46:14 PM
Oh. It's a Firefox extension.

On Jun 2, 8:46=A0am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnh...@mvps.org> wrote:
> Someone reported the same problem finding Graham's site the other day but
> was looking for /www.gmayor.com. I suspect that the portal through which =
the
> poster is accessing the messages is messing up the URLs. It is always
> worthwhile, I think, to quote a full URL (i.e.,http://www.zotero.org) to
> avoid this problem.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org
>
> "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote in messagenews:4fe8d23e-=
38b0-45aa-a1df-b06adc30f94c@o12g2000vba.googlegroups.com...
> "NOT FOUND the requested url /www.zotero.orgwas not found on this
> server"
>
> (Whence the opening slash?)
>
> I'll try typing it directly into IE.
>
> On Jun 2, 12:45 am, "Graham Mayor" <gma...@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote:
>

> > It works for me?
>
> > --
> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> > Graham Mayor - Word MVP
>
> > My web sitewww.gmayor.com
> > Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org
> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>
> > "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote in
> > messagenews:9aed305b-b36d-4084-a4f0-a05f32ce8c16@e28g2000vbd.googlegrou=
ps.com...
> > That link doesn't work ...
>
> > On Jun 1, 3:25 pm, "Yves Dhondt" <yves.dho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Not natively.
>
> > > Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus
> > > licenses
> > > which students can use at home.
>
> > > You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't li=
ke
> > > it,
> > > but that's just me.
>
> > > Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited i=
> > > functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add it
> > > yourself
> > > on top of the functionality. The good part is, it's extendable, the b=
ad
> > > part
> > > is, it isn't all that straightforward to do.
>
> > > Yves
> > > --
> > > BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography
> > > styleshttp://bibword.codeplex.com
>
> > > "MeAngelMom" <MeAngel...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Peter

Database Setup
I need to create a database to document employees performance. I need to list the employee, their department and then their job functions that they are responsible for. Each employee in the unit share the same job functions. I need to list about 15 different criteria for each job function and this is where I'm struggling. Would it be best to have a table for each job function and have the criteria part of that table, if I did that I'd end up with about 30 tables. I'm thinking there has to be an easier way, I just don't know what that would be. Any help you can give i...

create a boot disk when I have no floppy drive?
I have the XP Upgrade CD. How do I create a boot disk when I have no floppy drive? Thanks for any help. "Bob Tyrka" <rtyrka@cavtel.net> wrote in message news:PPedndBCv5CT7ZjWnZ2dnUVZ_gqdnZ2d@cavtel.net... > I have the XP Upgrade CD. How do I create a boot disk when I have no > floppy drive? > > Thanks for any help. > What do you need a floppy for? The XP CD is bootable in it's own right... "Bob Tyrka" wrote: > I have the XP Upgrade CD. How do I create a boot disk when I have no floppy > drive? > ...

Create Expression from Func? (3.5 SP1)
Hello: Is there are way to create an Expression from a Func? I don't like cluttering up my method signatures with the whole Expression<Func<TResult, T>> type. I would prefer for callers to simply see Func<TResult, T> instead. I'd like to take a Func and create an Expression from it. Is that possible? Thanks, Travis Parks Jehu Galeahsa wrote: > Hello: > > Is there are way to create an Expression from a Func? I don't like > cluttering up my method signatures with the whole > Expression<Func<TResult, T>> type. I would ...

Strange Problem when closing the database object
Hi All, I have a COM component using which is interacting with the database using the CDAODATABASE class. my applications works fine when i built it with VS6. when i built the application with VS2005, the application is suddently unloaded when i am trying to close the database. my database object is CDaoDatabase *m_DB; when my application calls the following method the component is getting unloaded. STDMETHODIMP CFeatureTable::Close() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()) HRESULT hRes = S_OK; if (!m_Initialized) return S_OK; TRY_DAO { // Nee...

Check Verification data is not saved into the database
A Check tender type has been created with the "Open" Check Verification. It seems to work OK except: 1) Although Driver's License, State and Birth Date are diaplyed on the form in POS the data entered is not saved into the Database. 2) The account Number is masked with X's. Can this be switched off anywhere? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open th...

Windows CE and Databases in VS 2005 #2
I want to create a DB app in windows CE. I do not have experience with t CE. Can you still use .cdb files in Windows CE? Or must one use SQL databases? It seems there's not much documentation for this. Any help appreciated!!! TIA b ...

Create Process
if i call fork() / CreateProcess what is/are duplicated? i know that data space is duplicated for sure how about code space? the code space can be shared to save space.... but the new process may need to do rebasing... so...does the code space also shared? thx Action wrote: >if i call fork() / CreateProcess >what is/are duplicated? >i know that data space is duplicated for sure >how about code space? >the code space can be shared to save space.... >but the new process may need to do rebasing... >so...does the code space also shared? There is no fork in Windows. Creat...

HOWTO create a Mail Merge Template in MSCRM with multiple child records
Hi, I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order details (product and prices) related to the order record? This sounds like a parent-child template. Any idea? On Jun 2, 1:26=A0pm, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in > Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. > My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order > details (prod...

Creating a CFormView application produces errors
Using Visual Studio.Net 2003 I have created a C++ MFC application with Single Document Interface and Document/View support, and have changed the base class for the derived View class to CFormView. All other settings are their defaults. When I compile the source code generated, I get an error stating that the base class CRichEditCntrItem is undefined in the declaration of the CRichEditCntrItem derived class. According to the Help, CRichEditCntrItem requires the header afxrich.h If I add this include into the stdafx.H file and recompile, I get a syntax error in the constructor for the CRic...

Looking for a quick way to create a bunch of labels for annual mailing to diverse contacts
Using Office 2004 (11.2), I have numerous contacts that are part of diverse categories (some have not been categorized yet) I would like to create mailing labels for the annual calendar mailing. As of now I figured out how to select a large number of contacts & mark them as part of the annual card category (Command & click) and go to Word's Data Merge Manager where select the main document & then the address book as a data source. I went to Query Options and selected the category that fits (annual card). Now what? ...

Possible to create a rule to alert on BCC messages?
Using Outlook 2007/Exchange Server 2007 Hello: I sometimes miss that I'm receiving an email as a blind copy. I was hoping to create a rule to alert me when I'm in the BCC field. However, when using the rules wizard, I only see the options regarding my name in the To or CC field. Is there a way to create this that I may be missing? Thank you. In article <#pJLIK1ALHA.4704@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, victoria@dig.com says... > > Using Outlook 2007/Exchange Server 2007 > > Hello: > > I sometimes miss that I'm receiving an email as ...

How to create an XML document with XmlTextWriter?
Hi, I'm trying to create an XML document with XMLTextWriter but I want to store it in memory (not write it to a file like so many examples do). I tried the following but with no luck. Should I not user this object for this purpose? Thanks, Dave MemoryStream stm = new MemoryStream() XmlTextWriter writer = new XmlTextWriter(stm, System.Text.Encoding.UTF8) writer.WriteStartDocument() writer.WriteComment("This Is A List of My Books") writer.WriteStartElement("MyBooks") writer.WriteStartElement("Book") writer.WriteAttributeString("ISBN", "1861005...

5.5 actual database size
Which formula does exchange 5.5 standard use to decide if it's reached 16G 1. Database size = file size 2. Database size = file size - free space (shown by event 1221) I just need to know if I have to do an offline defrag or not as event 1221 is showing around 4G of free space (after a lot of archiving) but the file size is very close to 16G. Thanks in advance. Pete "=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZUw=?=" <PeteL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:367267BB-1251-4F6A-9101-A6751320EB23@microsoft.com: > Which formula does exchange 5.5 standard use to decide if it's reached...

look way to map form at CRM frontend to tables at CRM database
How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form in the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM 3.0 Thank in advances for help! ...

Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web
Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web Support over 147 countries and ALL languages (unicode encoding) MSG.to provides a unique personal SMS URL for you. It is easy for friends sending text message to you by web. For example, if your name is Lisa, you can register: http://MSG.to/Lisa (you can use this link to see demo) You can also register your mobile phone number as SMS URL like: http://MSG.to/+886913123456 (you can use this link to see demo) Please visit http://msg.to/ for more information. Related keywords: Short Message Serv...

How do I view my calendar by a label I've created?
I would like to assign label colors to items in my calendars (for home use) and then be able to view my monthly calendar by one label at a time as I choose. Is there anyway to do this? I have gone through all the help menus and can't find anything. I found instructions on how to create a filtered view, but under the instructions, I have no "Add Filtered View" as one of my options. Any suggestions? View | (Arrange By) | Current View | Customize Current VIew | Filter --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtlefloc...

can I create a new resume?
I would like to create a new resume. Can you help? This is the Microsoft Excel newsgroup. I am unaware of any newsgroup that provides help with resumes, but perhaps you intended to post in the Microsoft Word newsgroup, in which case, this tutorial may help you: http://www.officearticles.com/tutorials/write_your_resume_in_microsoft_word.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "in need of help." <in need of help.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4245D9F3-C5CF-4C64-A70F-E8930F899954@microsoft.com... >I would like to create a new resume. Can you he...

Creating an OWA access only user.
Hello chaps/ladies, The pointy hairs have asked that some one external to our organisation be given access to an email account within our organisation. So my thoughts were to create a user account and lock it down to prevent interactive access to any workstation machines in any way and only allow OWA access, this has prroven trickier than I first assumed. Does anyone have a quick guide going over best practices for this type of situation? TIA. -- Alex Griffin On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:26:11 +0100, Alex Griffin <nntpuser@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello chaps/ladies, > >The pointy...

Reduce database size
My database is getting pretty large and slow. Is it possible to reduce/compress the size of the database or remove old data? Thanks. coupleofdogs wrote: > My database is getting pretty large and slow. Is it possible to > reduce/compress the size of the database or remove old data? You can shrink databases, rebuild index.. and delete old journal entries (digital copy of receipt) .. which is the size of your database ? cod The database is 911 Mb. It shows I have 16 Mb left. Thanks for any help. "coupleofdogs" wrote: > My database is getting pretty large and slow....

Creating a manifest from sorted data
Hello all I'm trying to create a report using data input for tracking parts returns, I can select the data I need by auto searching on a cloumn called "consignment" which is a unique code. I want to export all the data from the sort to a separate worksheet which is a formatted document to use as my tracking manifest sheet. I would like to have this print two copies and then auto select another worksheet called "Freight Return Address" with the option to select number of copies to be printed. Is this possible without writing a once off program to achieve. Thank you for...

Creating a Multi-User Login
I am trying to create a multi-user login. When I create this in a 'sample' database it works fine. I create three forms and one login form with the appropriate VB code. No problems, I can add as many users as I want in the code. The problem is when I try to create the exact same login, same code, in my actual database, for some reason it does not work. I checked all the names and so on but cannot seem to get it to work. Any suggestions for something I may be doing wrong. Please help. :) This a portion of the code: Private Sub Login_Current() Username.SetFocus I...

Can't create custom entity
Hello there, After having been working with CRM 3.0 for a couple of months now, we had to create a custom entity yesterday in order to store some data we need. However, once we had filled in all the fields in the new-entity-form we got an error message. It didn't give any actual information, just the famous "contact your system administrator" tip (which is us, by the way...). We have the advanced developing errors turned on, but it still won't give any further info. We had previously created another custom entity without problems, but there's no way it will work ...

Client access problem after databases restoration
Hello! Recently we had a problem with an Exchange 2003 Back-End server with 6 mailbox store distributed thru 4 SG, and we lost the databases because the SAN's disks partitions were deleted by mistake. So, we had to do a restore from a backup, but when we could not mount the stores, so we used eseutil /p command, and after, eseutil /d, and then isinteg -s servername -fix -test alltests. We could mount the stores, users can use email. The problem now is that we have some users that could not access their mailbox thru Outlook, and when we try to move to another store, we receive an ...

How do I create an HTML email message?

Create Contact View with Tasks
Outlook 2000: Is it possible to create a CONTACT view that lists each task assigned to those contacts. Here is why I don't want to do it from inside tasks - I would like to print a list of all of my contacts and the tasks assigned to them, even those contacts that don't have tasks assigned to them - that way I can catch any contacts that we havn't assigned a task to. Does that make sense? Thanks for your help!!! ...