create a database from which bibliography an be created

How do I create a database from which  a bibliography can be added to the end
of a Word document?
I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update.
Does Word 2003 have such a program?
Thanks

Not natively.

Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses
which students can use at home.

You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it,
but that's just me.

Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in
functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add it yourself
on top of the functionality. The good part is, it's extendable, the bad part
is, it isn't all that straightforward to do.

Yves
--
BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styles
http://bibword.codeplex.com

"MeAngelMom" <MeAngelMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I create a database from which  a bibliography can be added to the
> end
> of a Word document?
> I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update.
> Does Word 2003 have such a program?
> Thanks

0
Yves
6/1/2010 7:25:00 PM
That link doesn't work ...

On Jun 1, 3:25=A0pm, "Yves Dhondt" <yves.dho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not natively.
>
> Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licens=
es
> which students can use at home.
>
> You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like i=
t,
> but that's just me.
>
> Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in
> functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add it yourse=
lf
> on top of the functionality. The good part is, it's extendable, the bad p=
art
> is, it isn't all that straightforward to do.
>
> Yves
> --
> BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styleshttp://bibword.c=
odeplex.com

> "MeAngelMom" <MeAngel...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > How do I create a database from which =A0a bibliography can be added to=
 the
> > end
> > of a Word document?
> > I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to upda=
te.
> > Does Word 2003 have such a program?
> > Thanks-
0
Peter
6/1/2010 10:17:19 PM
It works for me?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Peter T. Daniels" <grammatim@verizon.net> wrote in message
That link doesn't work ...

On Jun 1, 3:25 pm, "Yves Dhondt" <yves.dho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not natively.
>
> Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus
> licenses
> which students can use at home.
>
> You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like
> it,
> but that's just me.
>
> Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in
> functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add it
> yourself
> on top of the functionality. The good part is, it's extendable, the bad
> part
> is, it isn't all that straightforward to do.
>
> Yves
> --
> BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography
> styleshttp://bibword.codeplex.com
>
> "MeAngelMom" <MeAngel...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the
> > end
> > of a Word document?
> > I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to
> > update.
> > Does Word 2003 have such a program?
> > Thanks-

0
Graham
6/2/2010 4:45:05 AM
"NOT FOUND the requested url /www.zotero.org was not found on this
server"

(Whence the opening slash?)

I'll try typing it directly into IE.

On Jun 2, 12:45=A0am, "Graham Mayor" <gma...@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote:
> It works for me?
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor - =A0Word MVP
>
> My web sitewww.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>
> "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote in messagenews:9aed305b-=
b36d-4084-a4f0-a05f32ce8c16@e28g2000vbd.googlegroups.com...
> That link doesn't work ...
>
> On Jun 1, 3:25 pm, "Yves Dhondt" <yves.dho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Not natively.
>
> > Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus
> > licenses
> > which students can use at home.
>
> > You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like
> > it,
> > but that's just me.
>
> > Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in
> > functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add it
> > yourself
> > on top of the functionality. The good part is, it's extendable, the bad
> > part
> > is, it isn't all that straightforward to do.
>
> > Yves
> > --
> > BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography
> > styleshttp://bibword.codeplex.com
>
> > "MeAngelMom" <MeAngel...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to =
the
> > > end
> > > of a Word document?
> > > I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to
> > > update.
> > > Does Word 2003 have such a program?
> > > Thanks--
0
Peter
6/2/2010 11:46:48 AM
Someone reported the same problem finding Graham's site the other day but
was looking for /www.gmayor.com. I suspect that the portal through which the
poster is accessing the messages is messing up the URLs. It is always
worthwhile, I think, to quote a full URL (i.e., http://www.zotero.org) to
avoid this problem.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

On Jun 2, 12:45 am, "Graham Mayor" <gma...@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote:
> It works for me?
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor - Word MVP
>
> My web sitewww.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>
> "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote in
> messagenews:9aed305b-b36d-4084-a4f0-a05f32ce8c16@e28g2000vbd.googlegroups.com...
> That link doesn't work ...
>
> On Jun 1, 3:25 pm, "Yves Dhondt" <yves.dho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Not natively.
>
> > Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus
> > licenses
> > which students can use at home.
>
> > You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like
> > it,
> > but that's just me.
>
> > Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in
> > functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add it
> > yourself
> > on top of the functionality. The good part is, it's extendable, the bad
> > part
> > is, it isn't all that straightforward to do.
>
> > Yves
> > --
> > BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography
> > styleshttp://bibword.codeplex.com
>
> > "MeAngelMom" <MeAngel...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to
> > > the
> > > end
> > > of a Word document?
> > > I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to
> > > update.
> > > Does Word 2003 have such a program?
> > > Thanks--

0
Suzanne
6/2/2010 12:46:14 PM
Oh. It's a Firefox extension.

On Jun 2, 8:46=A0am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnh...@mvps.org> wrote:
> Someone reported the same problem finding Graham's site the other day but
> was looking for /www.gmayor.com. I suspect that the portal through which =
the
> poster is accessing the messages is messing up the URLs. It is always
> worthwhile, I think, to quote a full URL (i.e.,http://www.zotero.org) to
> avoid this problem.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org
>
> "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote in messagenews:4fe8d23e-=
38b0-45aa-a1df-b06adc30f94c@o12g2000vba.googlegroups.com...
> "NOT FOUND the requested url /www.zotero.orgwas not found on this
> server"
>
> (Whence the opening slash?)
>
> I'll try typing it directly into IE.
>
> On Jun 2, 12:45 am, "Graham Mayor" <gma...@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote:
>

> > It works for me?
>
> > --
> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> > Graham Mayor - Word MVP
>
> > My web sitewww.gmayor.com
> > Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org
> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>
> > "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote in
> > messagenews:9aed305b-b36d-4084-a4f0-a05f32ce8c16@e28g2000vbd.googlegrou=
ps.com...
> > That link doesn't work ...
>
> > On Jun 1, 3:25 pm, "Yves Dhondt" <yves.dho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Not natively.
>
> > > Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus
> > > licenses
> > > which students can use at home.
>
> > > You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't li=
ke
> > > it,
> > > but that's just me.
>
> > > Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited i=
> > > functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add it
> > > yourself
> > > on top of the functionality. The good part is, it's extendable, the b=
ad
> > > part
> > > is, it isn't all that straightforward to do.
>
> > > Yves
> > > --
> > > BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography
> > > styleshttp://bibword.codeplex.com
>
> > > "MeAngelMom" <MeAngel...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Peter

import paradox database into excel
I have a database written in programme called Paradox and I would like to fransfer it into Excel. You may find this a bit tricky, depending on the complexity of links between tables and queries within the original database. Tables hold information, and queries manipulate that data; if you need data that is the result of a Paradox query you will not, AFAIK, be able to import that to Excel. You'll have better luck if you need data from tables. In a quick web search I notice that converter software is available, which might be a fallback position in case on-board export capability withi...

Creating a Email Message from Field
I have a form that displays eMail address. It is displayed in a text box, the control source is a hyperlink field in my table. How do I create a new email message, directed to the email address, and display the email message for further editing by the user? Does Outlook need to be running before the email is created, or will it start automatically? Currently, when I click on the hyperlink, it searches for a website address, which always fails of course. First get rid of the hyperlink state on the form and even the table. Then simply create a On Double Click even for the e-mail contr...

create View showing a conditional field
How can I create in a view, a calculated field (name) that depends from other field (value) as follows: if not isnull(value) then (name) ="Discount" else (name) = null thanks for your suggestions LAM LuisM (luisantony&@hotmail.com) writes: > How can I create in a view, a calculated field (name) that depends from > other field (value) as follows: if not isnull(value) then (name) > ="Discount" else (name) = null name AS CASE WHEN value IS NOT NULL THEN "Discount" END -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarsko...

connecting database on handheld
i am having problem in connecting database on handheld device. when i install mobile suite 3.4 it installs fine and it installs sql. the problem is when i do connection test it gives me an error connection failed please verify your network connectivity and that port 1433 is not blocked by any firewall.Sqlexception Note : this problem only occurs with Dell Axim X50 . on Symbol MC50 database is connecting fine without any errors Shoby, This is usually caused by incorrect wireless settings on the handheld. Give us a call and we would be happy to help you troubleshoot this: 800.466.7839, ...

Macros, How do I know what they do if I didn't create them.
I deviced a workbook that consists of 8 worksheets. The worksheets contain cells with formulas that are locked and hidden. They only show values. I did not purposely create any macros for this workbook. However, everytime I open it, I get a message asking me to Enable or Disable macros before starting up. If I enable the macros, is there a way to see what code they contain. How do I know if it contains a virus. I keep my virus scanner pretty well updated. I've scanned this workbook for viruses and nothing comes up. Now I am in need of creating a legitimate macro to run in th...

Creating a Development Environment
We are going through a process of creating a development environment for two reasons: 1. to have a valid dev enviornment 2. to create a staging and test area in order to install CRM 4.0. I have not had to do much with the redeployment wizard at all and I was curious if there is any information on how it works? And is this what we will use to replicate our data into the new environment? I assume you're talking about redeploying a CRM 3.0 environment? if so, then yes the Redeployment Tool is your one and only option. it's documented as well as anything is documented in the CRM, a...

Creating new drawing based on a Template
Hi, I have created a template with some text blocks and rectangular frame around it. When I open a new Drawing(.vsd) file based on this template it does show me template outlook on first page(Page 1) of New drawing. But when I insert a new page (page 2) in Drawing (.vsd) file it doesn't show me the same outlook as I have in first Page (Page 1). Is there any way that I can apply template setting on all the pages on my New drawing file (.Vsd) file. or I have to create multiple drawing each of single page which I think is very odd solution Please advise. Thanks Pryank Rohilla This is b...

Creating a printable glossary
Any ideas for creating a glossary/dictionary for printout (to be included in a manual) would be appreciated. I have MS Word and Excel (not Publisher). I'd like to be able to catagorize each entry (the glossary will be industry-specific, but different departments have their own abbreviations, terms). And, I'll be adding to it periodically, so it must be sortable. Doing a search on Microsoft's help sites wasn't (as usual) helpful, as the search points to *their own* glossarys and dictionarys for Microsoft products, which of course is not what I need. Thanks Setup ...

ActiveX component can't create object
I HAVE JUST INSTALLED rms 2.0. I can start administraion connect to my data base, run mananager and input informtaion. When I started POS activated my KEY then I get the error code.....ActiveX component can't create object....I think it has something to do with running IE 7??? but not sure how to get around it...??? -- Graham Have you rebooted since your install. I know it sounds lame, but sometimes that helps. Otherwise, you will have to reregister your .dll files. -- Jocelyn "Graham" wrote: > I HAVE JUST INSTALLED rms 2.0. I can start administraion connect to...

Create employee attendance db using personal.xls?
I have limited, beginner VBA knowledge and have been researching online for ways to create an excel 'database' for employee attendance (worked time, holidays accumulated/used, overtime accumulated/used, other types of leave accumulated/used, etc). My research has led me to the idea of using Personal.xls by creating a Summary workbook to show all data from several sheets (1 sheet per employee). I was going to continue reading up on it but I didn't bookmark the page! (doh!). Is Personal.xls only for storing macros? Or can I put the employee data sheets in Persona...

How to dynamically create an Access 2003 form
I have a view in SQL server which will have a variable number of columns; I want to be able to dynamically create an Access form based on this view so that the form will pick up the new columns. Any ideas? Thanks. In general, you don't want to create forms on the fly in an Access application. It prevents you creating an MDE for the end user. An alterantive might be to create a form with the maximum number of text boxes you could need, and save it unbound. In the form's Open event procedure, examine the SQL statement of the view (which is presumably in the RecordSource property...

Create controls through SCRIPTING
Hi, I need to create contols at run time through scripting. how to do it ? Any idea ? samples ? Links ? waiting for ur reply... thanks, Jayender. How is your question related to MFC? If so bring the context and you may get some replies. -- Vipin Aravind Microsoft MVP <jayender.vs@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138007222.043466.107020@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I need to create contols at run time through scripting. how to do it ? > Any idea ? samples ? Links ? waiting for ur reply... > thanks, > Jayender. > I need this too. I'm not s...

newbie needs examples of creating a recordset and inserting data using it in Access 2007?
I have created a Access 2007 database, Test.mdb, created a table called "mytest" and created required fields in it. Now, using VBA(Visual Basic for Applications) I want to insert data into it using a Recordset from a Word document. Can anyone please point me to a proper link where there is an example of how data is inserted using a Recordset into a Access 2007 table? I created one using resources on Web, but it is not correct. Sub TestRecordsetexample Dim cnn1 As ADODB.Connection Set cnn1 = CurrentProject.Connection Dim myRecordSet As New ADODB.Recordset myReco...

How do I create a monthly work schedule and what is the best prog.
-- srr Hi post your question as body of the message -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "sharon" <sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:31A8DA2D-3C47-4727-AD48-801443EC7AB6@microsoft.com... > > -- > srr ...

Memory leak with CAsyncSocket::Create
I have traced a memory leak problem to CAsyncSocket::Create(). Is this a known problem? Is there a workaround/solution/fix? Here is sample code: for (int i=0; i<m_nReopenCount; ++i) { CAsyncSocket *pAS = new CAsyncSocket; pAS->Create(); pAS->Close(); delete pAS; } Running this 1000 times uses up 1200 KBytes of memory, or just over 1 KByte per call. Commenting out the Create() leaves memory clean. (And please don't complain about my bracketing style -- I like it.) I have Visual Studio 2005 Professional version 8.0. Incidentally, I also discovered that the ...

Outlook 2003
I'm using Outlook 2003 and want to export some contact files but the 'Import and Export' selection is grayed out under the File menu. I have uninstalled and re-installed the complete Office. Also, when I navigate File-New- Folder, the 'Folder' item is also grayed out. ...

windows media player 11 suddenly stops creating audio or mp3 cd's
can someone help me maybe? about a few weeks ago for no reason windows media player 11 on vista stopped creating audio cd's it was burning things fine whether or not they were wma or mp3... whether they were DRM or not was never something i thought of. then that all stopped and now some things burn and others do not i have tried lowering the burn speed from fastest to fast to medium and still no go. any one have any ideas why this happens? oddly enough windows reports in explorer that the discs i insert are blank, but windows media player sees the files on the cd. ...

Need help creating a simple (?) SUM formula!
Here's a spreadsheet that I need to make for the sales of a store: - Column A has all the dates of the year (January 1, January 2, January 3, etc.) for the entire year listed one after another (so a total of 365 rows, starting in row 1). - Column B has the day of the week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.) corresponding to the date next to it in column A. - Column C has the sales amount (example: $125.50) corresponding to the date/day listed in the same row of columns A and B. Here's my question: If I want to have the sum of all sales made ONLY on Mondays for the entir...

Open newly created records as a default in Lead
Is there any supported way to put "open newly created records" as a default value in Corvert Lead form? We have some customized obligatory fields in Account and Contact forms that we want everybody to fill. The lead conversion form is not customizable. The only thing you can try is opening the aspx page and setting the checkbox there (possibly using javascript). Do note that this is not a supported practise -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) CRM/.NET Consultant Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx "Jukka Majander&...

Creating pst files on server
I am running Exchange server 2003, and need to find the commands to create a pst file of people who have left, from the server if possible. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks You need to download ExMerge from the MS site http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=429163EC-DCDF-47DC-96DA-1C12D67327D5&displaylang=en "Steve at TAG" <SteveatTAG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DE7624E-7118-45C3-AAD0-0F234DA79CB2@microsoft.com... >I am running Exchange server 2003, and need to find the commands to create >a > pst...

Offline Database #4
Should I set up an offline database on another PC on the network in case of a primary POS failure? How does this work? Sorry for the dumb questions........but as I stated in an earlier post, I am going live April 2, and I am just trying to be ready for everything! Tim - Cigar Guy Hi, The concept of offline database is that if the main server get down your POS can still run. There are 2 things necessary for this setup is that your online and offline database server should not be same. i.e. Server A = Online database POS A = Offline database you can also define the terminal offline da...

Problem with Sharing Database?
Hi, I put my database in network drive so that multiple user can open and use the database at a time.But when one user open the database other user unable to open it,besides that i checked the Default Open Mode as "Shared".I am using Access 2007. Please help me in this regard. Thx & Regards, Hi Nad, Assuming that all users have RWCD privileges for the shared folder (have you verified this first?), then you may be running into the same problem reported by another user, here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.access&mid=9...

Creating step-up bars
Hi, I am looking for help to create a graph in Excel, that behaves like a step-up graph, but with columns instead. So what I need is a graph where the first bar/column marks from zero to, say, 10%. Then the next column have to start AT 10% and show up to, say, 20% and so on. I got something that looks a bit like it, by using the stock (open-high-low-close) chart, but I want the columns to be right NEXT to each other. I hope to hear from someone soon. Kind Regards Schwartz Hi, Sounds like a waterfall chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html http://tushar-mehta.com...

thoughts on how to create a continuous form?
I want to create a continous form in my C# (VS2008) application -- the same as a continous form in MS Access. The purpose is purely for exercise. Here is the scenario: Say I have a table with 50 rows. I want to display the data from each row in textboxes on a form. Ideally, I could have a simple form with the desired textboxes and a prev/next button setup to display the data in each row. But instead I want a continous form, and I am thinking like having a panel for each row where each panel would contain the desired textboxes for each row. And these panels would be contained w...

How to create a simple http request
I am really sorry if this is not the right place, or my question is too simple; I am not a C++ developer (last time I coded in c++ was 5 years ago :-), -I want to write an ISAPI filter for IIS6, and need to build an http request with a fixed URI (I send my requests to Tomcat), and then read the response back (it will be XML formated). So I need someone to guide me what I should use (I guess in MFC, using CInternetSession and CHTTPConnection) , and since it's ISAPI filter, I believe it has to in unmanaged C/C++, but I don't know how to do it! please... some code samples will REE...