Copying/Mirroring Objects, Images, and Text

Hello.

I am having some trouble. I am printing out CD labels. The label
stickers i have are two to a page and i have created one, and know
where the other needs to go to line up properly, but i cant find a
simple way to copy/paste it down there. I have two shape objects (
inner and outer circle of the cd ), some text boxes with text, and
multiple image files.

I cant find any way to select them all together and copy/paste it.
Even if there was a way to mirror everything vertically downward that
would work, as the orientation of the print, on the sticker, makes no
difference.

It may not seem like a big deal, but i create these for every project
that goes through my Architecture firm, and having to do everything
twice takes time, and i can never get them to be exactly the same.

Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Cameron C
0

Are they Avery labels (or some other commercial brand)? Then there's
probably a template for that product number at the Avery (or other)
website.

If you can't find one, those templates are just Word tables with the
cells lined up in the right places, so you can build a one-column, two-
row table (with no borders) and copy the correctly placed elements
from one cell into the other, and then make this a template you use
for all your labels from now on.

On May 5, 12:23=A0pm, Cameron C <Cameron.C.6277...@wordbanter.com>
wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am having some trouble. I am printing out CD labels. The label
> stickers i have are two to a page and i have created one, and know
> where the other needs to go to line up properly, but i cant find a
> simple way to copy/paste it down there. I have two shape objects (
> inner and outer circle of the cd ), some text boxes with text, and
> multiple image files.
>
> I cant find any way to select them all together and copy/paste it.
> Even if there was a way to mirror everything vertically downward that
> would work, as the orientation of the print, on the sticker, makes no
> difference.
>
> It may not seem like a big deal, but i create these for every project
> that goes through my Architecture firm, and having to do everything
> twice takes time, and i can never get them to be exactly the same.
>
> Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Cameron C

0
Peter
5/5/2010 8:46:17 PM
Word is probably the worst possible application in which to create CD
labels. If you have a business application that requires the regular
production of such labels, then you should be able to justify the cost of a
dedicated application in time saved alone. Try Surething CD Labeler which is
excellent.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Cameron C" <Cameron.C.6277c87@wordbanter.com> wrote in message

> Hello.
>
> I am having some trouble. I am printing out CD labels. The label
> stickers i have are two to a page and i have created one, and know
> where the other needs to go to line up properly, but i cant find a
> simple way to copy/paste it down there. I have two shape objects (
> inner and outer circle of the cd ), some text boxes with text, and
> multiple image files.
>
> I cant find any way to select them all together and copy/paste it.
> Even if there was a way to mirror everything vertically downward that
> would work, as the orientation of the print, on the sticker, makes no
> difference.
>

> It may not seem like a big deal, but i create these for every project
> that goes through my Architecture firm, and having to do everything
> twice takes time, and i can never get them to be exactly the same.
>

> Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> --
> Cameron C

0
Graham

Copying cells downward on sheet
Is there a way to copy rows and colums down and keep the row height and width the same? no, you can paste column widths but no row heights. you can paste just about anything else but not row heights. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to copy rows and colums down and keep the row height and width >the same? >. > If you want to retain the destination row / column size, select Paste Special | Values from the Edit menu. -- Rob van Gelder - http://www.vangelder.co.nz/excel "danlinksman" <danlinksman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

MULTIPLE COPIES USING SELECTOBJECT
I need to be able to tell the printer how many copies to print depending on the type of invoice. I am using the following logic DoCmd.SelectObject acReport, rst!ReportName, False DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , , 2 However, the database window is not visible when users are running the program. How do I get it so that the db window does not pop up when they go to print? I do not want print preview, it has to be a direct print sent to the printer. Any help appreciated. Kim P -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200709/1 ...

Copy to CString's internal buffer
Hi All, I have a function like this: void func(char* buffer); I know that this buffer is 20 characters long; Does anybody know why I can't do the following in the body of the function: CString str; LPTSTR lptStr = str.GetBuffer(20); memcpy(lptStr, buffer, 20); lptStr.ReleaseBuffer(); I don't understand why I get "?????" in my CString's buffer (while still within the scope of the function). However, if I do the following, it works: char buff[21]; CString str; memcpy(buff, buffer, 20); buff[20] = '\0'; str = buff; The reason why I am trying to use mempcy dire...

0ffice 2003 Objects Shift?
I just got office 2003, and I am noticing that when I have an arrow in an excel file, that it sometimes shifts when I print it out. It looks fine on screen, but for some reason, it is in a different location when i print? Has anyone else experienced this? Also, something similar with powerpoint... If you use powerpoint to open an old ppt file from a previous version, everything shifts on the page as well. Any ideas on how to solve? Thanks! This was written for xl2002, but maybe it'll help you, too: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 Controls move to the ...

Drawing images on graphic tablet
Hi, I'm trying to write application which will draw (and save) signature from graphic tablet. Is that possible? Ive found out solutions how to draw something on tablet PC, but not on graphic tablet. "Petr Jankovsky" <stuhyk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23ZIBHwjqKHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, I'm trying to write application which will draw (and save) signature > from graphic tablet. Is that possible? Ive found out solutions how to draw > something on tablet PC, but not on graphic tablet. Yes, http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums...

Is there any predictive text application for Word
I am looking for a predictive text application for use in Word, or even better an application within Word itself ...

How to change font color of a text
hello, i am working with vc++ MFC.i am dealing with the changing of font and color of the text in a file. so i need some help in implementing this. Thanks in advance. yours, Siva Prasad.M To change the text color, you will need to change it for the control that is displaying text. Depending upong the control, you can use OnCtlColor to change the background/foreground color etc. To change font, you can use SetFont() on the control. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Siva Prasad" <siva.almighty@gmail.com> wrote in message news:udOEG3cAFHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx...

How do I copy a pagemaker document into Publisher?
I do a newsletter in Adobe Pagemaker. can I copy it into publisher and start using publisher for my newsletter? glassjj <glassjj@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I do a newsletter in Adobe Pagemaker. can I copy it into publisher > and start using publisher for my newsletter? You can try. Are you having particular difficulties with PageMaker? If not, why do you want to switch? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher I am learning Frontpage and I want to use the same product name. I find Pagemaker difficult to use sometimes. My thinking...

Putting Controls On Top Of An Image
Hi all, I have an image in a form and want to have controls that show "On Top" of the Image and am not sure where or what property (or what ever) I need to set to allow this, currently the image is always "On Top". I know this can be done just not seeing what seeting to set. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, DCC -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200712/1 I found it, sorry, Format>>>Send To Front/Send To Back Thanks anyway DCC dcc15 wrote: >Hi all, >I have an image in a form and want to ...

Slanted Text in header cells
anyone know how to slant text in header cells so I can fit more columns in? Is there a template out there? Christine, WIth the heading row selected, look at Format - Cells - Alignment - Orientation. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Christine" <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D6BB59E-2A82-4706-8ED8-469C7214CAD9@microsoft.com... > anyone know how to slant text in header cells so I can fit more columns > in? > Is there a template out there? Christine Try For...

Copying a calculator
Hi. I have a home loan calculator that calculates repayments and also shows year by year the amortization. I created this in Excel 2000 and it works fine. When I copy this calculator, it does not copy across all the functions, named ranges etc. This happens even when I used Paste Special. The net effect is that when I try to use the new one and put in the new loan amount, nothing else changes. There are no named ranges etc. The only way I can achieve what I want is to copy the workbook in its entirety and then delete what I don't want. Now I am sure there is a better wa...

slight image rotations to animate a picture
How do i animate an uploaded picture slightly to the left or right on an axis point, say 10 - 30 degrees in PowerPoint 2008 for the MAC? PM I suppose that same as in PC, you have a rotation effect (emphasis) "pm@cs" <pm@cs@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 9EC9C5B5-AFF2-4182-BBAB-7ECB1080FBCB@microsoft.com... > How do i animate an uploaded picture slightly to the left or right on an > axis > point, say 10 - 30 degrees in PowerPoint 2008 for the MAC? > > PM ...

Change case of text #3
Is there a 'change case' shortcut found in Excel, similar to the one found in Office Word - under format? No, that is a word-processor function. In Excel you would have to create it. I have a UDF that does sentence case. I am sure it could easily be adapted to act like Word's F3 Public Function SentenceCase(ByVal para As String) As String Dim oRegExp As Object Dim oMatch As Object Dim oMatches As Object para = LCase(para) Set oRegExp = CreateObject("VBScript.RegExp") oRegExp.Pattern = "^[a-z]|\.( )*[a-z]" oRegExp.Global = True Set oMatche...

Enable/Disable Text Fields
Hello, I've searched through posting and I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for so I'm not even sure if this is possible. I have a form, which requires 3 different individual's approval: Person1, Person2, Person3. When the form loads, I have all threes fields enabled, with a command button next to them that is enabled: Approved. I want the individual to be able to click on "Approved" and have a form pop up asking for password, which is checked against the password I have stored in a table. If the password is a match, I want the "...

Is there a way to create a border out of text in Publisher?
WordArt? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "rmac" <rmac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ADD98BD-4331-4BD6-A669-69DEC7C8828D@microsoft.com... > You can do it with BorderArt if you want to create a graphic from text and then use the graphic. ...

Turing Selection Off after inserting text into a Cedit Control???
CEdit::SetSel void SetSel( DWORD dwSelection, BOOL bNoScroll = FALSE ); void SetSel( int nStartChar, int nEndChar, BOOL bNoScroll = FALSE ); Parameters dwSelection Specifies the starting position in the low-order word and the ending position in the high-order word. If the low-order word is 0 and the high-order word is -1, all the text in the edit control is selected. If the low-order word is -1, any current selection is removed. CEdit *editbox = (CEdit *) GetDlgItem(IDC_EDITWINDOW); editbox->SetWindowText(OutString.c_str()); editbox->SetSel(-1, 0); Why doesn't the above code tu...

Master page text prints differently than designed
I have built a two-page masterpage layout that is simple lines and text boxes. I want the text tp]o print as light grey (which is shows in design-mode and when document is exportedtp .pdf). When the document is shown in print preview mode or printed from Publisher (2007) the master page text prints black. Do I have to export to pdf everytime I need to test print? This is a printer issue. Do you have a "Print Quality" setting in your printer setup? Have you tried using the best setting? What version Publisher are you using? Is your printer a LaserJet? Is your printer driver ...

CRichEditCtrl text selection question
Hi, When I select text in my CRichEditView by mouse, more or less text than desired is selected. For example: <P><STRONG>Date 3</STRONG></P> I want to use mouse to select "<STRONG>Date 3</STRONG>". I can't do that in CRichEditView. I can either select "><STRONG>Date 3</STRONG><" or select "STRONG>Date 3</STRONG". Is there a way that will enable me to select exactly the text that I drag my mouse pointer over? Thank you a lot, Kelvin ...

Delivery of Extender objects to the client
Hi All, I have started working on Extender tool. I have created an extender window for the customer maintenance window assuming that the feilds in the extender window are the requirements of the client. Now, my question is how do i deliver them to the customer if there are 'n' no of users at the client place. can someone help me in this? regards Aditya Go to Tools >> Extender >> Export and export the window to an XML file. On the destination system, go to Tools >> Extender >> Import and import the XML file. You only need to do it once. -- Charles All...

Quick Access Toolbar
Is it possible to have Quick Access Toolbar show 2 rows at once? OR text instead of icons? Since this is all I can customize, I have loads of icons with no clue what each one for at a glance without hovering. Not keyboard friendly is this version of Word :( Debbie wrote: > Is it possible to have Quick Access Toolbar show 2 rows at once? OR text > instead of icons? > No > Since this is all I can customize, I have loads of icons with no clue what > each one for at a glance without hovering. > > Not keyboard friendly is this version of Word :...

display an image in drag'n'drop operation
how display an image near mouse pointer in drag'n'drop operation Hi, you should use the CImageList class. Read about CreateDragImage(), BeginDrag(), DragMove() and DragShowNolock() methods. -- WBR, Vitaly Brusentsev, AWinstall development team. AWinstall - an easy way to create professional setups. http://www.awinstall.com mailto:vb@awinstall.com "jp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0afd01c3b041$4c812240$a401280a@phx.gbl... > how display an image near mouse pointer in drag'n'drop > operation ...

AD Copy Account
We are in W2k X2k environment.The problem I encountered was when I created a new user using the copy feature from an existing account in AD, the newly created account did not have a mailbox. In AD all the Exchange attributes were present except for the E-Mail address. In Exchange tasks I had to remove and create the mailbox. Is there something wrong with my Exchange or AD? Thank you. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO ...

Where in HQ do we set caption text for Customer Additional Tab?
I have scoured the documentation and can't seem to find it. Where can I set the captions for the fields on the Customer Additional Tab? I have set then in the Customcaption table to what I need, but I would still like to know where the heck I can set those from within HQ Manager. -- RMS 1.2.0.171 1 HQ 23 Stores in 9 states 145 Lanes This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03D8_01C6E179.3C0CC4C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Butch, Sorry, no option to do that. I think that Retail Realm = ww...

Table in Text Box?
I have a Budget numbers spreadsheet, and there is also a text box where I am providing a description of the product. I would like to put a table in the text box to show some history, but there does not seem to be a way to do this...Is there anyway to add a table to a text box I have tried inputing the numbers manually without a table, but the numbers never seem to be flush - Is there a way to set the tabs to be equal? My chart winds up looking like this - If you get the idea.. X $15K Y $14K Z $17K Thank you > Is there anyway to add a table to a text box? N...

Formula to transfer text from merged cells to single cell?
How can I create a formula to automatically transfer text from merged cells on one worksheet to a single cell on another worksheet? This would operate like a summary sheet with the data transferred automatically. I tried the = and clicking on the merged cells but I keep getting a zero. =concatenate(cell1, cell2, etc...) "rosey1" wrote: > How can I create a formula to automatically transfer text from merged cells > on one worksheet to a single cell on another worksheet? This would operate > like a summary sheet with the data transferred automatically. I tried the ...