Copying Formatting Styles - 136032

I am using Word 2003. When I copy text from one document to another all the
underlying formating, including bullets, headers etc do not get copied. This
does not happen always though. I tried copying formatting styles from source
document to destination using Windows Organizer but that did not help. Please
advise.
Thanks.

By default, the destination styles will be used when you copy text from one
Word document to another. In your case, you may want to reverse the process:
Instead of copying text from document A to B, copy the relevant pieces of
text from document B to document A.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Madhumitha" <Madhumitha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Word 2003. When I copy text from one document to another all the
> underlying formating, including bullets, headers etc do not get copied.
> This
> does not happen always though. I tried copying formatting styles from
> source
> document to destination using Windows Organizer but that did not help.
> Please
> advise.
> Thanks.

0
Stefan

How can I use fill hand to copy the fomula in this case?
Here is my fomula: B1: =sheet2!A1 B2: =sheet2!A4 B3: =sheet2!A7 B4: =sheet2!A11 ......... Is it possible to use fill handle to copy the fomula automatically in my case?, If so, how? Thanks. Sabrina I assume that B4 should read = sheet2!A10 with a help column in sheet1 enter the first function in B1 and fill that down the column enter in C column a series of 1<><>2<><>3<><>and extend that down th column do a sort on C column delete the surplus rows Sabrina Wrote: > Here is my fomula: > B1: =sheet2!A1 > B2: =sheet2!A4 > B3: =sheet2!A...

Excel cell formatting
Sometimes a cell in a worksheet won't allow me to format. If I select "format cells" by right-clicking or from the "Format" menu nothing happens, even though I can edit the format of an adjacent cell. This happens in many different worksheets. Any ideas about why this happens? ...

Date format for printing checks in various locations
Hi, I was wondering whether the date format used when printing checks is customisable? Specifically, we need to be able to print check in mm-dd-yyyy format for our American office as well a in dd-mm-yyyy for our Australian and English offices. Our basic configuration is Win 2000 SS2000 for the backend. We use Citrix for our US & UK offices to login to the great plains databases here in Australia. Any help would be appreciated Cheers michaelm@towersoft.com.au You could set up a calculated field that looks at the global company id field to determine the date format. The calculated...

Copy entire rows matching condition to a new sheet
Hi I want to copy entire rows matching a condition to a new sheet. The original sheet contains for example a column called impact with values between 1 and 20. Is there a possibility to automatically copy all rows with an impact > 16 to a new sheet called Priority 1, all with a value between 12 and 16 to a sheet priority 2, etc instead of copying the sheet manually, sort the data manually and delete those rows not meeting the criterium? Thanks very much This could be done by using the data>filter>autofilter. Record a macro while doing it so you can modify to do it again. -...

Copying code
New to VBA so ... I have copied some of the great code from CPearson.com. If I open a new workbook and add the code to a new module. it works for that workbook (only). What I want to do is add it to personal.xls so it works in all workbooks. I can't get this to happen. I add a new module to personal.xls, copy the code and it doesn't work. Other macros that I have in Personal.xls work fine in all books. Any ideas? Thanks. WAL50 What is "doesn't work"? Error message? Incorrect results? Nothing? If you copied a Function from Chip's site and placed it i...

Help
I am using store ops version 1.3.1010. We are using a windows and not an OPOS printer for our receipt printing. When we post a transaction, I would like the cashier to have the ability to enter how many copies of receipt to print before it prints. To do this I added the PrintReceipt hook to my windows registry, and have code added to my custom DLL that is triggered when this hook is activated. That piece is working fine. My code contains the following lines: Dim MyCount as Integer MyCount = InputBox("Enter receipt quantity", "Receipt Quantity") posSession.Configu...

upload bank transactions coda format
I am searching how to upload my bank transactions (Belgium). We get a file from our bank in coda format. Anyone who can tip me? PVBE, We have add on to the Bank Reconciliation Module. it is an electronic reconcile module. We support BAI code format files and other txt files. If you are interested you can email me gbuenafe@gpcsystems.com and we'll see if we could create a new import functionality for the CODA format. Gerald "pvbe" wrote: > I am searching how to upload my bank transactions (Belgium). We get a file > from our bank in coda format. > Anyone who can...

copying charts into MS Word
I have created a chart in Excel (using F11 to create a separate chart tab) when I try and copy & paste it into MS Word it loses all colours and appears in greyscale when I would like to keep the chart colours- any suggestions?? Cheers, Check your printer settting to see if you have a black And White Printer or grey Scale Selected on a color Printer. "kippers" wrote: > I have created a chart in Excel (using F11 to create a separate chart tab) > when I try and copy & paste it into MS Word it loses all colours and appears > in greyscale when I would like to kee...

Export in cvs format
Hi I already do export some reports en queries in to an ..xls/rtf/tst/pdf-format. But my webmaster want it exported in cvs format. Is this possible? -- Luc Ringoir Belgium Am 06.06.2010 09:09, schrieb Luciano: > Hi > I already do export some reports en queries in to an > .xls/rtf/tst/pdf-format. But my webmaster want it exported in cvs format. Is > this possible? Hi there, thats possible. When you´re about to start a manual export you only have to choose the right format and setup an export specification. The you can use this all the time. Regards,...

Custom Number Formats
Does anyone know of a good resource for looking up the capabilities and limitations of Custom Number formats? I'm trying to recreate a convoluted Word format inside of Excel. So far I've been unsuccessful. tj How about "About custom number formats" in XL Help? In article <153F3092-E5EB-489D-B568-A63C7BA41130@microsoft.com>, "tjtjjtjt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of a good resource for looking up the capabilities and > limitations of Custom Number formats? > I'm trying to recreate a convoluted Word fo...

Modify general format to date format.
When importing from payroll, it gives me all dates formatted as general numbers (i.e. 07/17/2009 is presented as 7172009. Is there any way to convert these numbers into dates? If your Windows Regional Settings recognise a format of mddyyyy, you can apply the below formula and format the formula cell to date.. =--TEXT(A1,"00\-00\-0000") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "SherryS" wrote: > When importing from payroll, it gives me all dates formatted as general > numbers (i.e. 07/17/2009 is presented as 7172009. Is there any way to > convert the...

Conditional Formatting OR Expression??
I am using all 3 conditions so is there a way to combine these 2 lines of code into 1 condition? They both result in turning the cell red: '(this line looks to see if there is a percent other than 0 or 100 and calculates the percent where we should be versus the actual, cell H33) =IF(AND(H33>0%,H33<100%),(H33<=((H32-$C$2)/$H$8))) OR =IF(H33=0%,(H32-$C$2)<$H$8) '(this line looks to see if there are still enough days to complete) Cell H33 is a % Comp, H32 is End Date, $C$2 is Today's Date and $H$8 is # days to complete, just FYI. THANKS!! Stacey Do an OR =OR(cond1...

Forwarding HTML Formatted Message
Message 'disappears' when I attempt to forward an HTML formatted message. ...

can't format for leading zeros
i'm importing data from excel. i need to have the data with 10 digits, so leading zeros must be added to some of the numbers, but not all. i have my table set as text, and the format is set as 0000000000. yet, when i save, the table doesn't convert to add the leading zeros. am i supposed to be writing a query to do this? or should i be changing the formatting in a different way any help is much appreciated Hi format the cells as number and apply your format. This should do the trick -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "iris b" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

Blocked formats
Using Office 2007 on Windows XP. I tried to open a doc file and got the warning: This error occurs if you try to open a Microsoft Office document and the file type for that document has been blocked by a registry policy setting. To help secure your computer, Microsoft or the administrator of this computer implemented a registry policy setting that prevents opening this type of file. I followed the yellow-brick road to 922849 which says: Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Security\FileOpenBlock ...

OL-2007: E-mail composition
I'm transitioning from OL-2000 to 2007 and am bumping up against a few things. Here's one . . . When I go to compose a new e-mail message, I find that when I press the (Enter)-key to create a new line, OL automatically skips a space... which I don't like and I'm trying to find a way to *not* have this happen. I tried going into the "Normal" Style and I modified that to use the font I like (Verdana) and to not insert extra line spacing between paragraphs, etc. And the changes I made (to the Normal style) work fine, *if* I swipe the text and apply th...

Date format #5
hi, everyone i am using excel xp version. i input the following data in the sheet 1 a column 1 2003-3-17 2 2003-3-18 3 2003-2-11 4 2003-4-10 5 2003-4-11 i copied all and then past it into the sheet 2 but the year is 1999 1999-3-17 1999-3-18 1999-2-11 1999-4-10 1999-4-11 i tried to copy one cell and then past it into the sheet 2, the year is 1999. i do not know what cause. please help. thanks jimmy Hi Jimmy, Somehow it seems you have a difference with 1900 and 1904 date systems, but I don't know how you managed to get two different systems in the same workbook. (or are...

copying VBA from one Excel file to another
I have collected several spreadsheets calculators useful for different applications. To protect them from users changing stuff, and losing the files, I have combined them all in one file. I have then created a VBA code and changed the file into an addin. When the file is opened, the user gets an extra menu on the menu bar, with a drop down list of the different calculators I have collected. When the user picks the calculator he wants, the macro creates a new xl file and copies the appropriate xl sheet that contains the desired calculator from the addin to a new sheet. Simple...

help with adding formatable text in bitmap file
I want to write a VC++ console application which opens existing bitmap image file, adds text to it and save it back to hard disk with different name.The text which is added should be a formatted text, for eg I should be able to select size,font, etc on the text. How can I do this? It has to be a windows program obviously. (It can be windowless, to make it appear to be console app). Anyway, you can load the bitmap and then user CRichEditCtrl::FormatRange to put RTF text on the bitmap. Here is a good example (By Henry Skoglund) on using FormatRange http://www.learnstar.com/AliR/RTFScaler3.zi...

Format problem
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. One of my worksheet has a number formating problem. This worskheet has many (appros 15) tabs. Every time I open the worksheet, all the number format that I have disappers and default to no format. I usually have format , number, 2 decimal with a comma separator. I make sure that I save the file with changes. It happens to all the tab of this file. Other files do not have the same problem. Dinesh ...

Help with format issue Excel 2000
Hello When I open a text file from my Unix application in Excel, negative numbers come over with the negative sign on the right, i.e. 26.35-. Is there an easy way to switch the negative sign to -26.35 so Excel will know it's a negative number? TIA Rich Hi try using 'Data - Text to columns' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rich" <Rholtzworth@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:td6nd.19213$zx1.15491@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > Hello > > When I open a text file from my Unix application in Excel, negative > numbers come over with the ...

Formatting in Outlook Express 6
Hi, I am sending out a text mail with formatted tabular data. I am explicitly sending two headers, character set, "us-ascii", and content-type, "text-plain". It looks great when I look at in Microsoft outlook or hotmail. But when I look at the outlook express, all the formatting is messed up. Is there anyway I can make email look like the same way in outlook express as it looks in outlook 2002? I am looking for a server side solution, like sending additional headers etc. Sample Data in the table: Upstream Upstream ...

copy a sheet in front and rename gets a 1004 runtime error
I copy a control worksheet sheet(2) from the active workbook it places it before the control sheet. I want to change the name of the new sheet. The last line where I want to assign the name gives me a 1004 runtime error. Can you tell me how to name the sheet? the copied sheet should now be sheet(2) right? tia, Sub CpySinglePatientSht() Dim wb As Workbook Dim ws As Worksheet Dim Lname As String Dim sStr As String Set wb = ThisWorkbook wb.Sheets(2).Copy before:=wb.Sheets(2) 'copies the control worksheet and puts the copied sheet in front of it Set ws = wb.Sheets(2) s...

lookup certain formatting
How do I write a formula that only returns values with a certain type of formatting,Let say I only want it to return all the value that is in red. Hi Waynef Start here http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Waynef" <Waynef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46B65DC1-6B7E-4CEE-A6FA-701D2A0AE6B5@microsoft.com... > How do I write a formula that only returns values with a certain type of > formatting,Let say I only want it to return all the value that is in red. ...

Can I copy Excell 2002 Macros from one Computer to another?
How do I copy macros from one copmuter to another computer? I cannot seem to figure out where Excel 2002 stores all of its Macros. There are a few complex macros that I would like to transfer, but have no idea how. Please help Thanks Brian I am sure some one will have a better solution. It depends on where you saved the saved macros. There is a personal.xls file that is where Excel store the macros may be stored. Search drive c for that file. If the macros are in individual files, you can save the file to the computer. Using visual basic you can export modules. HTH dutchoh1 w...