Copying and pasting an Auto Shape from PowerPoint 2003 to Word 200

When copying a circular Auto Shape from a PowerPoint flow chart into a Word
document using Office 2003 the paste into Word 2003 elongates that small Auto
Shape into an oval roughly 5-6 inches in length.  Is there anyway to retain
the shape's original size when pasting into Word?

It doesn't happen here.  Send me your PowerPoint file at
dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org and I will have a look at the issue.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When copying a circular Auto Shape from a PowerPoint flow chart into a
> Word
> document using Office 2003 the paste into Word 2003 elongates that small
> Auto
> Shape into an oval roughly 5-6 inches in length.  Is there anyway to
> retain
> the shape's original size when pasting into Word?

0
Doug

Word 2003 Header Problem
I've checked all the messages and cannot find the answer to this problem. Hopefully, someone here knows the answer! I need to create a unique header on page 2 of a multi-page document. Section breaks or page breaks didn't work. Breaking the link didn't work either. I actually tried to use an IF statement, but my skills are modest at best and could not get that to work either! Thanks for any help!! :) -- Denna You were on the right track! Create a section break for pages 1, 2, and 3, so that each is its own section. Now click on View->Header and Foote...

Exchange 2003: Migrating accounts from one AD to another
Hi Everyone: I may shortly be asked to migrate Exchange 2003 users (and likely the Exchange 2003 server) from one AD, to a child domain in another AD. Any sites, suggestions, etc. that may assist will definitely be appreciated! Regards, Brian Steele ...

Publisher 2003 printing CMYK
In Publisher 2003 with the common drivers for my Printers it's not possible to print via Postscript II in CMYK. I followed a hint in the "help-menu" that advised me to use a special Postscript driver for all my printers located in the office program-dir. It's a special *.inf with which I reinstalled all printers. Now it's possible to print without an error, but now I cannot use the special features of the printers, because I use a common "default-driver" obviously. Is there a solution or am I doing something wrong? Regards, Jochen Demmer ...

how to copy the same cell across different work books into another workbook easily?
i have the daily sales from 1.xls, 2.xls likewise till 31.xls, in a single folder. now i have a final consolidated workbook called final.xls, wherein i would want to copy the same cell across all the workbooks into final.xls(which is again in the same folder) easily,..someway like the fill handle or is there someother way, other than selecting each time the cell to be linked??? can anyone help, this is really breaking my head,,.... -- sageerai ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sageerai's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo...

I need a different formula that can be copied down
I have a worksheet with numbers 1 through 53 in cells A6 thru A58, respectively. In cell E6 is the following formula that works and updates without having to open the reference file: =INDEX('[01-1209.xls]SFN 119'!$A$13:$C$35,E$64,2) Note: the first two numbers in the formula is the number in A6 written as 01 instead of 1. I want to copy this formula down to row E58; the formual for E7 should be: =INDEX('[02-1209.xls]SFN 119'!$A$13:$C$35,E$64,2) E8 should be: =INDEX('[03-1209.xls]SFN 119'!$A$13:$C$35,E$64,2) etc. How can I rewrite...

Excel 2003 Array Formula in Excel 2007
Hello all, I am moving from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. One problem I'm having is with the following array formula which works in 2003 but returns a #VALUE! in 2007. Is there something I need to change in my 2007 setup to make this work? {=(SUM(IF(LEN($H$7:$H$476)<>0,1,0))-1)-(SUM(IF(LEN($K$7:$K $476)<>0,1,0))-1)} .... I know there are probably more efficient ways of doing this so I'm not looking for better solutions. I'm wondering ... why won't it work? There are 3 array formulas on the spreadsheet and all are returning #VALUE! Thanks in advance! Ben Cacace On ...

FIND AND REPLACE FUNCTION CRASHES WORD
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hello. New Mac User. Office: Mac 2008 Home and Student version When I use the find and replace in Word, Word closes, does not save changes and tells me to report the error to Microsoft. What do you suggest I do? I did report it each time it crashed. Thank you. Doesn't happen here. Diagnostic tricks to help locate the cause of the problem: 1) test in a variety of documents--new documents, old docs, long docs, short docs, to see if it happens in every document or just certain documents. 2) Log out of your user...

Exchange 2003
Is there a way in exchange 2003, to query all mailboxes for: ASX/ASF/MPG/MPEG/AVI/QT/RM/RAM - movie file formats. And have exchange 2003 which we run . . to generate a detailed report showing how much data of the total information store that movie files are taking up(eg: if employees are using the mail system appropriately). Also if it can, once it queries which users have movie format files in their inbox, to then list how much of the overall information store is being used by each employee(movie formats). ie: user1: 2% of the organizations total storage data is from this users total ...

Printing in Publisher 2003 #3
I'm quite new to Publisher, hence my question. I'm trying to create a 4 page newsletter so that when it prints out it will be on a sheet of A3, folded and hence my 4 A4 pages. I'm having trouble working out the best way to do this as all my efforts have so far failed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Nigel Setup your printer first for A3. In page setup select booklet. When you are ready to print and you do not have a duplex unit, go to page one, print current page, select no to the query, turn the page over, go to page two and repeat. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps...

Opening Publisher 2000 files with PowerPoint 2003
Can I open files created with Publisher 2000 with PowerPoint 2003? If not, is there a work-a-round by saving Publisher 2000 files as Word 2000 documents, then importing the Word 2000 document into PowerPoint 2003? -ddb Do you have Publisher? You can copy the Publisher objects into PowerPoint or Word, but you need Publisher. Word or PowerPoint cannot open Publisher files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DDB" <draytonb@ieee.org> wrote in message news:u7xPVoOMHHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >...

outlook 2003 keeps asking for user/password
Hi All I have a new w2k3 server with exchange 2003. Some of my customers have now upgraded to outlook 2003 from 2000 and when every they launch outlook it asked for a user name and password for exchange. Even when the user does do this (which they should not have to) the box just keeps popping backup for the same information and they can never connect This is driving me mad. can anyone help Thanks Glenn Have you checked to make sure the settings are correct in their Outlook client? (Tools->Email Accts->View or change->Change->More Settings->Security tab) Also thi...

Copy Record
I have a form with a subform. I want to copy information in the main form (at the top) from a previous record. When I use the wizard to duplicate a record, all I get is a blank record as if I clicked on New Record. The copied record should generate a new ID and the subform should be blank ready to key in new data. Is there something I'm doing wrong or can you not copy a record that has a subform? Thanks! JS ...

Outlook 2003 command line switch
What is switch in OUTLOOK 2003 to specify the SUBJECT and BODY? In OL 2000 /m switch allows to specify mailto:email?subject=something&body=something etc. This DOES NOT work in OL 2003. Any1 has any idea why this won't work? tia this works for me: (all one line) "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE" /c ipm.note /m a@slipstick.com;b@slipstick.com?subject=something&body=something -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Se...

Copy a page from one Publisher document to 2nd Pub.
I want to copy a page in one Publisher newsletter document to a different Publisher newsletter document. With the page you want to copy opened: Select All, Copy, Paste into different newsletter "stamplover" <stamplover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ABD7CE1E-7FA2-4611-86D1-2146514432A1@microsoft.com... |I want to copy a page in one Publisher newsletter document to a different | Publisher newsletter document. ...

How do I configure Outlook 2003 with MSN e-mail
I had to wipe the hard drive on the pc in my living room (teenagers) and now cant get my e-mail thru outlook. I have had the msn acct for 10yrs and use it. It worked 48hrs ago but now I dont know how to configure it and I have tried a few microsoft answers ANY HELP will be much appreciated -- william http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287604 "wmelucci" <wmelucci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:041BB41E-54A1-4B33-B573-54E70810192C@microsoft.com... > I had to wipe the hard drive on the pc in my living room (teenagers) and > now > cant...

Exchange 2003 and IXOS
Can anyone help with this error? This error occurs when using an associated login credential for OWA (error only occurs in OWA). Thanks. ERR15 - Error accessing the user's mailbox object from the Active Server Page. Make sure the Exchange Server has access to a DC and GC.! ...

Highligt a Date in Project 2003?
I have many Milestones that are very important in my Project, how can I highligt these Milestones over all the project? When I used to make Grantt charts in Excel I used to put a vertical line over all the projet but with Project 2003 if you use a line the line moves from the original position. Is there a way to highligt a Miliestone? Thank you In article <7F025E7D-568D-4ADC-8275-3AA272040F09@microsoft.com>, J. Casas <J. Casas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have many Milestones that are very important in my Project, how can I > highligt these Miles...

Missing main body of message in Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2003 main body of received text message is missing for some emails but okay for others. I can see the received email header and attachements but not the message itself. When I look at the same email in MSN it appears complete. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Tried it already with SP1 installed? Check Office Update to install it. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Yusuf" <Yusuf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

PowerPoint 2007 Org Chart
Do you have any training on how to do an org chart in 2007 PowerPoint? The online training is inadequate in reference to org charts. Loved 2003 but so far hate 2007. -- Sunsen Hi I found quite a lot of info on the MS website - but you may not have found it as they have sneakily renamed org charts. They are now part of SmartArt... There is a training course here: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC101772971033 And SmartArt related stuff here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint/CH100675761033.aspx If you have a particular question, l...

Unable to forward or reply to emails in outlook 2003 because the from field is populated with my name
I am receiving the following error when trying to reply to an email in Outlook 2003, "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user." When the reply messaged pops up, the from field appears (which it normally does not do, unless selected from the view menu) with my name as the value. If I try to send, I get the error above. If I delete the value (my name) in the from field, it sends without a problem. This is very frustrating as I am the only user. I do not have this problem on other computers nor do I receive the error on OWA. It seems to ...

newly loaded office not getting past the registration option
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Wondering if anyone can help me? <i>have recently loaded office 2008 onto my mac and it installed ok. all the icons are on and all the files seem to be present in finder. however when i try to open word or any of them it takes me to the setup assistant (to register and check for updates) i have done this several times but after finishing, i try to open word again and it takes me straight back to setup assistant again. it is kind of like microsoft groundhog day! i have tried taking it off and re-insta...

Publisher to Word #2
Cetain things in created in publisher, such as Stationary or Fax Cover Page, would be very useful as a WORD document. For example, you could type a letter on the stationary and print them at the same time. I would reconstruct the items in WORD, but it would be much easier if Publisher could export an item to WORD format, but I don't see any way of doing this. Is there any way of moving a Publisher item so it is useable in WORD? The Save As .DOC does not work, because it only saves text. Thanks! Bob Day Word is a word processor. Publisher is a desktop publisher program. Two d...

Open Excel 2007 .xlsm doc, but not allow user to copy it?
How do I prevent a user from copying a Excel2007 Workbook.xlsm the user has rights to open and run? "CrownJewels.xlsm" is an Excel Workbook with VBA for Oracle read-write code and lots of VBA user functions. Users in the company need to read data from the database, process estimates of assets and opportunities, have those inputs and outputs saved to the Database. CrownJewels is fully protected: Passwords on the VBA Project, Worksheets, Workbook, some worksheets Hidden, some VeryHidden. I even have a Workbook_BeforeSave event to capture and cancel any attempt to S...

incorrect balance on main checking -Money 2003
When I open my main checking account the balance is incorrect. On the home page it is correct and when listed at the bottom of bills and deposits it is correct but when I open the account I have lost $3700??? Please help! In microsoft.public.money, matt wrote: >When I open my main checking account the balance is >incorrect. On the home page it is correct and when >listed at the bottom of bills and deposits it is correct >but when I open the account I have lost $3700??? Please >help! Try opening Money with Start->Run and entering "msmoney -s" without the...

copy cells which are horizontal to verticle
Hi, How do I copy a set of cells which are horizontal to verticle or vice versa? For example: A B C D E F G H I J 1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d 5 6 To become A B C D E F G H I J 1 a b c d 2 3 4 5 6 Thanks. You could copy the selection and then use paste special and check the transpose check box on the bottom right corner of the dialog box. Ed -- nuver ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nuver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10036 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/show...