Connect to the internet with word

My computer runs fine and everything, but when I'm typing on word and want to
you use the "Look-up" feature it says I'm not connect, I am however connected
to the internet but Word doesn't recognize it... any help??

Could it be that your firewall is blocking Word from accessing internet?

Yves

"BennyCaleny" <BennyCaleny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer runs fine and everything, but when I'm typing on word and want
> you use the "Look-up" feature it says I'm not connect, I am however
> connected
> to the internet but Word doesn't recognize it... any help??

0
Yves
4/10/2010 5:07:19 PM
It's possible that your firewall prevents Word from accessing the Internet.
Take a look at the settings for the firewall.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"BennyCaleny" <BennyCaleny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer runs fine and everything, but when I'm typing on word and want
> you use the "Look-up" feature it says I'm not connect, I am however
> connected
> to the internet but Word doesn't recognize it... any help??

0
Stefan
4/10/2010 5:09:44 PM
I have and I'm confused on what to look for. I honestly have no idea what I'm
looking for.. Now my Mcfee virus scan says it can connect to the internet
either..

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> It's possible that your firewall prevents Word from accessing the Internet.
> Take a look at the settings for the firewall.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "BennyCaleny" <BennyCaleny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My computer runs fine and everything, but when I'm typing on word and want
> > you use the "Look-up" feature it says I'm not connect, I am however
> > connected
> > to the internet but Word doesn't recognize it... any help??
>

> .

I don't know the exact terminology for your antivirus program / firewall. My
firewall uses the term "blocked" for programs that aren't allowed to access
the Internet. You should look at the documentation for your antivirus
program and firewall.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

>I have and I'm confused on what to look for. I honestly have no idea what
>I'm
> looking for.. Now my Mcfee virus scan says it can connect to the internet
> either..
>
> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> It's possible that your firewall prevents Word from accessing the
>> Internet.
>> Take a look at the settings for the firewall.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "BennyCaleny" <BennyCaleny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My computer runs fine and everything, but when I'm typing on word and
>> > want
>> > you use the "Look-up" feature it says I'm not connect, I am however
>> > connected
>> > to the internet but Word doesn't recognize it... any help??
>>

>> .

0
Stefan

Embedded Youtube not displayed in Internet Explorer 8.0
I have a website which has an embedded YouTube video, but when viewed with IE the place where the video should be displayed is simply white. The website is www dot burrenyoga dot com I can include the video embed html code if anyone needs it.... but this is the standard YouTube embed video code. The video is displayed fine using other browsers. Can anyone suggest what could be causing this? Thanks, Dave BurrenYoga <BurrenYoga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a website which has an embedded YouTube video, but when viewed with IE > the place whe...

Opening Money Application--Internet Explorer 5 vs. IE 7
I am running Money 2001 on my XP and have never had a problem with it. I have not upgraded since I am about to purchase a new CPU and feel it would be a waste. Two weeks ago the program stopped opening and I got the message "Money 2001 requires some components of IE 5 to function properly. Please reinstall Internet Explorer 5 so these components can be added." My computer gets automatic updates and I did go to the update page but didn't really see anything that had been download. I really need some help on this. Thank you. ...

Extremely slow open doc missing template
When we open a document with a template \\servername\folder and the server does not exist i e when opening a document attached in an email it takes about 5 minutes to open the document. The problem occours when working in a net work. If we replace the template path with normal.dot the document opens fast. But there are thounsands of documents. If I open the same document in Vista or in Server 2008 R2 I can press ESC to stop Word looking after the template. But it does not work in Windows 7. I am going to try this old solution .. think it is the same problem .. so maybe it ...

Apply these internet package
--qukuxyueawxucs Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="hmxcerzycsgvxud"; type="multipart/alternative" --hmxcerzycsgvxud Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="vbmiyvlstyiwjz" --vbmiyvlstyiwjz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to contin...

Money won't connect to my bank since October 2006
I bought MS Money back in Sept 2006. Just one money later it stopped connecting to my bank b/c of some security changes Key Bank put through. Since then, Money has basically been a glorified check writing program for my small biz. I download the OFX files (or whatever they're called) from my bank's website and I back-date it to when I opened my biz account. Even so, Money ALWAYS shows my balance as being the red somehow, even when my bank has something very different to say. I'm no accountant and my problem-solving patience isn't infinite so Money's only use t...

word wrap issue
Is there a way to alter the word wrap feature so that it does not use the hyphen (-) to drop the text to the next line. For example, the phrase "The cost is approx. $10MM which is a variance of -$5MM." should wrap as follows: "The cost is approx. $10MM which is a variance of -$5MM." but currently wraps as: "The cost is approx. $10MM which is a variance of - $5MM." I know I can manually correct with ALT Enter but I have several of these in mutliple tabs and wanted to see if there was a way (like through VBA) that could automatically change the wrap. ...

Word 2007 Research Pop-up
When I am using a Word 2007, there is an annoying feature in Word. While you are in the document, and if you keep pressing, "ALT+Tab" key to go from one document to another, "Research" window opens on the left side. When I click on the document, the "Research" window displays the latest information on any word that my cursor has clicked. When I close the window, and try to edit the document, the same window opens up again. I close the "Research" window. I try to type or edit the document, the moment my cursor touches the document, "R...

Saving from Publisher to Word
I have several docs that I need to save to MS Word. They were done in Publisher. Is this possible? If so, How is this done? There is an option to save as a Word document in *files of type*, scroll down to the .doc choices. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "GrnIdLdy" <GrnIdLdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84E05A29-B0D7-425E-A93A-3EF249E2ADE7@microsoft.com... >I have several docs that I need to save to MS Word. They were done in > Publisher. Is this possible? If so, How is this...

Authentification Error when Laptop is NOT connected to the Network
Hi A customer of us has the MS CRM 3.0 Laptopclient. Since some day's he has a authentification error when he starts outlook with the laptopclient. The error raises only if the user is NOT connected to the network. If the User is connected to the Network there is no problem. First I thought that it could be a passwordchange - but there was no change.... Some ideas how we could resolve the problem? Thank's Michel Can you check error log, if password is not problem, you have to repair the client. Also check update rollup2 on server. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professio...

Exchange-Outlook Connectivity
"Am having a problem with Outlook97-MS Exchange 5.5 with SP4. When an outlook client logs in it asks for Username and password; after it accepts the same, it shows the Outlook Screen but gets hanged in a minute. Task Manager says "Outlook not responding". But if I configure the mail in Offline and Use Dial Up Networking, it does not give any problem. Whenever Outlook is configured with Connect With Network option this is happening. At the same time response to my mail server is normal which is in a different city connected with a leased line. There is no abnormal behav...

Out of Office replys not going to outside(internet) contacts
I'm running Windows 2003 & Exch 2003SP1. I have a problem where Out of Office replies are not being received by outside Internet contacts. It works fine for internal exchange users. I have read the MS KB articles about out of office reply's being disabled in 2003 by default. I have gone to Global Settings, Internet Message Formats, clicked on the domain, Advanced, and checked both "Allow out of office responses" and "Allow automatic replies". The SMTP and Exch Message Routing services have been restarted. I turn on my Out of office and try sending a ...

Importing excel graph into Word
Can anyone help with the above - my excel worksheet/graph is too large to fit in portrait style when copy/pasting from Excel to Word - can I rotate the excel sheet to fit? Stuart, why not rotate the Word document page instead? Just put a Next Page section break at the bottom of the preceding page, one after the Excel graph, and layout that page in landscape? -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "Stuart" <stuartrayner55@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:212a701c45ae2$0742bee0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone he...

O.E. Send Heading appeared at the top of a Word document.
While typing a document in Word I somehow got the send heading from O.E. at the top of my document. I feel really stupid but don't know how to get it off. Help? Thanks! I'm not quite sure what the "OE Send Heading" is, but if in Word you accidentally added a header, use View, Header & Footer to edit/delete the header. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA278C9-F260-47A3-B109-C33F30F60210@microsoft.com... > While typing a document in Word I somehow got the send ...

outlook and word hang
on win2k in office xp my client's using word as mail editor, when doing new msg (or forward) outlook calls word and never comes back. Task mgr shows winword process running - kill it and it relaunches -kill it again and outlook reverts to using itself as editor. Sometimes need to kill outlook as it sits with an hourglass. Tried re&re office suite, delete user profile, patched uptodate. Right before I left the client I got told another machine's seeing the same symptoms.... suggestions? ...

how to create shortcuts to word documents in sharepoint
I need a copy of the same document in several places, before using sharepoint i put shortcuts to a document in a folder in explorer so if one copy was updated they all were - can you do this in sharepoint - if so can anyone tell me how to do it? or something that works in the same way! Sure. SharePoint is just a web site so all the URL's are there and you can use standard browser/Windows functionality. Go to the doc library. Right mouse click to the document of intest. Pick "copy shortcut". This puts the URL into the Windows clipboard. Go to the folder on on yo...

How to connect two domains?
Hi everyone, I'd like to ask how to connect two domains in two different subnetworks. Main AD is in site1 with subnetwork 10.0.x.x Site2 has 10.1.x.x They are already rerouted so the users can access resources on the other network. With this new network I'd like to have central management so to either create a forest trust or join site2AD into site1 domain. I did fair bit of research and even if they suggest creating a trust, it's just the initial period. Later joining it as subdomain is recommended. What I'm afraid of is amount of work that would have to ...

email properties
I'm unable to send out emails and told to enter an adddress or a name will be used. However there ARE addresses clearly visible. I noticed that if I click on the SMPT so the 'OK' button becomes active - then the address will send. I don't want to click on 2500 addresses to 'activate' them......id there another way or is this not the problem? ...

there was a problem connecting to the database engine.
I have winXp with small bus 2003, whenever I fire up outlook I receive "there was a problem connecting to the database engine." I have tried the repair option in control panel/add remove programs but it didn't affect the problem. Thanks Dennis ...

Pasting charts to Word from Excel as picture
Hi, I want to transfer some charts (as picture) in excel to a particular word document (specific page and specific position). The word document already has some data and lots of pages in it and Im inserting charts in specific places. When I used to do the above task for Excel to Power- point then I could use the, Right click Format picture, of Size (Height, Width) and Position on Slide (Horizontal, Vertical) in order to place the charts in powerpoint in the exact position and dimension I want. But Im not able to see an analogous feature in word where I could specify the Position (Position o...

Transfer a Publisher file to Word
I have made of a front page for a book in Publisher and want to copy it to the front of a Word document. It consists of a border, background, text and a jpg photo. I cannot save it as a *.pub and transfer to Word, so I am resaving in 'JPEG File Interchange Format' and transferring it that way. It goes across successfully but the text prints hairy edged. Any suggestions? -- B.Collin Transfer the images as images and the text as text. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "B.Collin" <BCollin@discussion...

? MVPs' Word FAQs website fails to work with Safari, but MVPs' Entourage site works fine
Can't the MVPs' webpages for Word FAQs be modified to make them compatible with the the Safari browser? There is NO problem in using Safari to access the MVPs' webpages for Entourage FAQs. I've used both Safari 1.0 and, since upgrading to OS 10.3.1, Safari 1.0 with the same success with the MVPs Entourage FAQs webpages and the same failures with the MVPs Word FAQs webpages. That said, I wish to commend the MVPs for creating the FAQs resources for both Entourage and Word users. That's a really valuable, generous service you've provided. Respectfully, Norman Nager ...

Word as email editor and attachment problem
Using Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server 2000. I have a custom form published to a public folder and all is well, except for those users that have Outlook set to use Word as the e-mail editor.. They can see and use the form fine except for one thing...they can't open attachements. The attachment icon is there, but if they right-click on the icon, the only menu choice is copy. Double-click does nothing as well. If they switch the Outlook mail format to NOT use Word, attachments work fine again. Does anyone know the fix for this? Thanks in advance!!! Tyler ...

Where is print preview in Word 2010
I'm lost - where under print do I find print preview? cb4134 wrote: > I'm lost - where under print do I find print preview? Click the File tab and click Print, or just press Ctrl+P. The entire right side of the screen shows the print preview. In fact, unless you put the Quick Print button on the Quick Access Toolbar and use that, you can't avoid the print preview. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Jay seems to be re...

Bottom border line won't print in Word 2004 for Mac
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel On the screen I can place a page border in Word 2004 for Mac document, but in Print Preview the bottom line of the border disappears. And, of course, when I print, the bottom line won't appear. It doesn't appear that any footer (which I don't want) is in the way of the margin that I have set. Any solution to this? See: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm Also confirm that you have the latest printer driver from the mfr's web site as well as all current updates for Offi...

word docs converted to Winmail.dat
Ok I have been doing some searching and seen that this is a big issue. I am the system admin in our company and have done the setup on all the systems. We are all using Outlook 2000. All are setup as Internet Mail. One system is setup as Corporate and that one is having problems sending emails. Every word document they send is being changed to winmail.dat. I looked at the formatting and it was not set as Outlook Rich Text it was set to HTML. Conversly I have tried to create the problem on my system by using the Rich Text Formnatting and all my mail is sent and received properly. Clearly the fo...