Configure Word X-Refs to Show as Hyperlinks in PDF

On Word 2003--XP. I'm trying to get Word cross-references (i.e., refer to
section 1.3 on page 32) to display as hyperlinks when converting to a PDF.
Any ideas? Many thanks!

Erik

Such an option, if available, would be found in whatever
mysterious unnamed PDF conversion program you're using.  If it is
one of the free programs, then you'd probably be wasting your
time looking.

erik_gregory wrote:
> On Word 2003--XP. I'm trying to get Word cross-references (i.e., refer to
> section 1.3 on page 32) to display as hyperlinks when converting to a PDF.
> Any ideas? Many thanks!
>
> Erik

0
garfield

How to convert hyperlink in Excel to show hyperlinked address?
I have an Excel spreadsheet with a list of hyperlinked email addresses. For example the list displays "Email", but the hyperlinked data is "mailto:name@domain.com". I need to "un-hyperlink" the information so that I have a list of the data itself - i.e. so I have a list of the name@domain.com addresses. Using Excel 2003. Thanks for any help you can provide! IN EXCEL 2007 (maybe 2003 but not sure) / right click the cell and select Remove Hyperlink. If my comment has helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Bruce" wrote: > I have ...

adding MIme for PDF
When I send a pdf file from Outlook 2003 (Exchange 2003 SP1) it recognizes the pdf file as an application\octet-stream. How can I change this so it recognizes the pdf as a pdf? This is causing issues because application\octet-stream are blocked and pdf's are allowed. Any thoughts? Internet Message Formats in Global Settings -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Bad Beagle" <maxwelli@nospam.postalias> wrote in message news:%23j21Ke8vFHA.2008@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When I send a pdf file from Outlook 2003 (Exchange 2003 SP1) it recogn...

Excel/Word startup: 'Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec' ??
Office 2003 factory-installed by Dell. Opening a new file with Excel (or Word) yields a Visual Basic error message: 'Compile error in hidden network: AutoExec' and then the PC hourglass runs. I used the Office 2003 Installation CD provided with the new laptop to repair Office. It ran quite a while. I then updated Office from the MS website to ensure I had the latest. This did not solve the problem and Dell disavows my existence. I'm wondering if it might be an operating system interaction? I am loath to re-install the XP operating system. Any thoughts? Take a look here: ht...

SBS 2008 Std.
Setup: SBS 2008 Std, with two WinXP Pro PC's in the domain. Firewall is a SonicWall TZ-100. ISP is Windstream. We've had the server less than a month and are slowly rolling out features. Convinced the boss to let me install WSUS, but I'm confused. In a previous job I managed SBS 2003 with ISA 2004; it was quite clear what my proxy server was. However, that was the ONLY network I ever worked in as the sole admin. What's going on is that I can't detect computers from within the SBS console. I'm pretty sure I got the GPO's right for the PC's and ...

prob.with printing word doc.
greetings, My Word program crashes almost everytime I hit the print button. The last time I tried,it did not crash, but did not print. Instead, it said it was spooling, and stayed there. If it crashes again, what info from the report will be helpful in determining how to fix this problem? If it is a printer driver problem, is it always the printer that I am trying to use to print the word doc.? I have three hooked up at this time. (UPS.etc) The printer that I am trying to use for this doc is practically new. Thanks, JS Make sure that you have the latest driver for your ...

text in cell shows up as ####

Pivot Chart: Stop skipping Dates on X-Axis
I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for each day. Except somedays which may have only the one piece of data from Table 2 or none at all. How do I get the table to automatically fill in all the days whether they have information or not? =?Utf-8?B?UHJpbmNl?= <Prince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A5EF53AB-6063-434F-BFC3-43259301751D@microsoft.com: > I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one > table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for &...

Adding Hyperlink to multiple values within a cell
My spreadsheet contains a list of people. The cell next to each nam contains multiple numeric values for identifying a specific piece o information. I would like to be able to click on one of those number (value) and a comment window pop up with the information associate with it, or be hyperlinked to the information further down th speadsheet. I want to avoid using multiple cells for this. Is this possible? Thank -- t2tru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- t2true's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=387 View this...

Convert Publisher document to a .pdf file
I create a multi-page newsletter using Publisher. How does one convert this to a single .pdf file? My first attempts (copy/paste into Acrobat) only produce page 1. Is there a way to capture the whole document which includes photos and clipart so that I can paste it into Acrobat? Thanks, EdC. You don't paste into Acrobat, you print the document to Acrobat. File, print, select the distiller or Adobe PDF, depending on the version of Acrobat. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ed C" <econgleton@snet....

problem opening word 07
When I open word, a dialog box comes up which contains. among other things, the following instructions which I follow up to step 4 then I hit a snag as noted below. >The document contains macros. Macro language support for this application is disabled. Features requiring VBA are not available, Would you like to open this document read-only? Hide Help Open in Help Window • Microsoft Office Access, Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office PowerPoint, or Microsoft Office Word -¬To check your macro security settings, click the Microsoft Office Button, click <program nam...

Switching x-axis & y-axis on line chart
I am working with a large data spreadsheet with year, number and currency data. My problem is when I extract data to create a standard line chart, the chart is defaulting to a specific x-axis and y-axis format with data related to each axis. For visualization purposes, I would prefer to have the data that is currently presented on the x-axis to instead be presented on the y-axis. And likewise, I would like the y-axis data be presented in the x-axis. However, I have been unable to figure out how to do this and the MS Excel Help menu does not seem to address this. Can anyone help? If ...

Word/Office Integration as seen at CRM 3.0 Partner Readiness Event
Has anyone seen available resources on integration to Office 2003 applications such as Word?? I saw this demo'd at a Partner Readiness event back in Nov. 2005 and they showed a very tight integration with Word for not only mail merge and easy template building (with CRM fields available), but also a task pane that allowed update/edit of existing CRM records within Word. This was being demo'd as "CRM 3.0 tightly integrated with Office"...Ok, so where is this resource? Also, does anyone know where I can find the supposed 100+ CRM web parts for SharePoint?? thanks, A...

Configure incoming e-mail settings (Windows SharePoiint Services 3
Good day Everybody ! I have installed Win2K3 SP1, Project Server 2K7 with WSS 3.0, SQL Server 2005 SP1. I want to set up Incoming e-mail setting with combination of SMTP server and WSS 3.0 as I do not have MS Exchange Server installed. I created a new Org Unit as sharepoint with apprpriate permissions as per TechNet step-by-step procedure. I have not created a Contact in this OU. I have entered the following information regarding the Incoming e-mail settings : Enable sites on this server to receive e-mail - YES Settings Mode - Automatic Use the SharePoint Directory Management ...

Hyperlink in my Dialog control
I want my text in a dialog control to behave like a hyperlink in a web page. Is it possible and how(VC 6.0) Thanks I. Lesher http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/hyperlink.asp Here are some examples: http://www.codeguru.com/staticctrl/HyperlinkStatic.html http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/cmyhyperlink.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/01/c/default.aspx (look for CStaticLink) -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Lesher" <Lesher@triplebit.com> wrote in message news:uRDIoju#DHA.808@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... | I want my text in a dialog contr...

Template for building personal dictionary of foreign words
I am looking for a template on which I could establish a personal dictionary for the Slovak language. The Slovak language is very complicated. All words have several grammatical forms. Many words have mulitiple uses. Best way to decipher the differences is to have ready the definitions and to see the use of the word in actual slovak sentences. So, a two field data base is grossly insufficient. I would like something more comples but not sure how to be innovative using excel creating such a template. Hello! I use Excel 2003. My understanding is that you are creating this dictionar...

CComboBox shows only one item at a time !
Hi All, I am using CComboBox control and have tried both dropdown and dropddown list styles. The problem is that I have several items in the combo box but dropdown shows only 1 at a time (i.e. the arrows of v-scrollbar are stuck together).. How do I remedy this ? Thanks in advance. Ashish Got it... Thanks "Ashish" <abc@def.com> wrote in message news:eqRb$LSyDHA.2304@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > I am using CComboBox control and have tried both dropdown and dropddown list > styles. The problem is that I have several items in the combo box but > dropdown sho...

Outlook 2007-exchange issue..inbox doesn't show new mails when offline!
Hi I have outlook 2007 (Beta 2) installed and I connect to my office exchange server(2003) as well. Incoming mails from internet get routed to my local pst. Mails from exchange server keep sitting in my exchange mailbox-inbox, which I manually copy to my pst inbox (as is a known issue with Beta 2). Yesterday, for the first time I downloaded mails from home. Outlook downloaded all mails and the unread mail count increased....however, it just wouldn't show the new mails received. All it showed was my earlier mails downloaded while I was still connected to exchange server. Now I came to wo...

Convert Publisher files to PDF or PS for commercial printing? How?
I was interested in an exchange I just read here about converting publisher files to PDF or PS and then taking them to commercial printer. Is there anywhere in the manuals (or help files) that would shed a little more light on that? I do many brochures for various small clients and usually just print them at home using paper direct paper -- probably the MOST expensive, most labor-intensive way to go. But I have never really understood the concept of "pack and go" -- just as I've never really figured out how to use PS fonts on my cheapie HP home printer. Anybody who cou...

Exchange 2k3 backup
Finally decided to really learn Exchange... someone else migrated the Exchange server from SBS to Exchange Enterprise 2k3... I've never really rolled up my sleeves in learning it in-depth so I've decided to set up a new server and install the Exchange 2k3 as a backup. Since I'm a relatively newbie to Exchange, can someone point me in the right direction to follow so that I can duplicate our live Exchange server onto a backup box? Any pitfalls to watch out for? Thanks, R Green your only options for a "backup" box are to use some version of clustering, or to use a 3r...

Report to show totals for each day of month
Greetings, I have an Excel spreadsheet that I use to capture: Column A) Day of the month (1-May, 2-May, etc.) Column B) How many clients were in residence on each day (Occupancy) Column C) Total Capacity (27) Column D) Shows a "1" if the Occupancy is 90% or more of the Total Capacity, else "0" The Totals row shows: Column B) The average Occupancy for the month Column D) Totals the times there is a "1" in Column D Is there a way for me to capture this data in a Report? I've got a query set up that uses these expressions: For AdmitDate: <=[Dat...

text disappears when typing into express or word
I can be typing something in word or Outlook Express and without my doing anything to cause it to happen, the text totally disappears and there's no recovering it. I have run computer scans and they come up with nothing.Also, this doesn't happen all the time, only once a day for a few hours. Any ideas? On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 15:21:33 -0800, va wrote: > I can be typing something in word or Outlook Express and without my doing anything to cause it to happen, the text totally disappears and there's no recovering it. I have run computer scans and they come up with nothing.Also, this...

Sent items from Blackberry 9700 not showing properly in Entourage sent items

X.400 EVENT 290 Canoot deliver to alternative recipient.
Hi All, I cannot get exchange to deliver emails to "BOTH" the primary mailbox and the alternative recipient. I get a 270 error and a 290 error. This behaviour is only for e-mails coming from the outside (SMTP). If I send an e-mail from outlook to the mailbox that as the alternative recipient it works fine! I tried to setup a distribution list to send to both mailbox, same result 270 and 290 errors. Anybody have any idea? Here's a sample of the 290 error: A non-delivery report (reason code transfer-failure and diagnostic code invalid-arguments) is being generated for...

Opening an old Word document, date changed to current date
When I open old Word documents, the date gets automatically changed to the current date and I can't view the date that the document actually had. I am using MS Office 2007, but the old document was created in Word 2003. I can see the date that the file was last modified in the details of the file, but I cant guarantee that the date of the document is the same as the date last modified for the file. Press Alt+F9 to toggle the field code display and edit the DATE field code to read CREATEDATE. Then Alt+F9 to toggle back and F9 to update. The date displayed will be the date th...

Why doesn't Office X recognize FileMaker Pro 7
Recently upgraded FileMaker Pro from from version 5 to version 7. But when I went to make labels, using the Data Merge Manager in Word, it only recognized the old FileMaker Pro files not the new databases. What needs to be done to have the new databases recognized by Office? Sorry, Microsoft Office's Data Merge Manager cannot read FileMaker 7 databases, because it uses a different structure than the previous versions of FileMaker with which the Data Merge Manager was designed for use. I don't know if there is an option to save in a previous version format; that sounds like it wo...