comparing numerically two documents

Hi all,

I need to compare the text of document A with the text of document B
with some Word functionality, plugin or tool that tells me how much the
text in the two docs is different.

Some kind of reporting feature that tells you something like

"The text of document B is X % (percent) different from the text of
document A"

Is anythig like this available?

thanks
0
ent

Compare Sheets #2
I'm going insane I'm trying to compare two sheets using Walkenbach's approach but for some reason when I use it...certain values don't show differences. Example: Sheet 1 (Range Name is Grid) has 18000 on Cell A1 Sheet 2 (Range Name is OldGrid) has 18000 on Cell A2 So if I change Cell A1 on Sheet 1 to 1 it should show me change but no...it just does nothing. However if I type 133...it shows change. Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=COUNTIF(OldGrid,A1)=0" Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 40 Help really appreciate...

How do I place two or more charts on a worksheet?
I can't figure out how to keep Excel 2007 overlaying a new chart on top of an existing chart in a seperate worksheet. What I would like to do is create one 8.5 x 11 worksheet with four 3 x 5 charts on it. Select each chart and move it into position. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Rick@Draper" <Rick@Draper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:082C5930-64F0-4A6E-958E-967BDCCDB9C9@microsoft.com... >I can't figure out how to keep Excel 20...

Lotus Notes has an All Documents list
Just moved from Lotus Notes which has a feature which gives a view of all documents received and sent which is very helpful if you have a document that has gone in the wrong folder or you need to check if it was ever received/sent. Does Outlook have a similar feature? Well, you could create a search folder that showed all items with attachments. That sounds pretty close to what you're asking for. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: ...

Pivot Table Report: Getting average of difference of two date columns
Hello I have data in excel sheet as: WORK_ID PROJECT START_DT END_DT 1001 P1 1/1/2006 1/10/2006 1002 P1 1/25/2006 2/20/2006 1003 P1 3/15/2006 3/20/2006 I want to have a report that will give me average time taken to finish a work in a project. That is, I have to take average of (end_dt - start_dt) for a project group. How do I do this in a pivot table report. When I use a calculate field to get the days worked for a work_id using DATEDIF(START_DT, END_DT, "D") then excel computes only sum on that (pivot table report ...

two Global Address Lists
Is it possible to have one exchange 2003 server with two Global address lists? I have two companies with two different domains running off of one Exchange 2003 server and i want two Global address lists. I have created two Global address lists but they do not show up for some reason. Anyone know why? See the article: 822940 How to Manage Address Lists When You Host Virtual Organizations http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822940 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -------------------- >Fro...

Make document location box wider in Excel 2007
Hello all, Does anyone know how to widen the docuemnt location box in Excel 2007. I cannot see the full path in any of my workbooks so it's only use is to paste it into a cell EVERY time I need to see the full path. Why they made this mysterious (or impossible) I'll never understand. Thanks ...

Retrieving data with two variables
Hi, First time. Looks like you all have some great advice. This will probably be very easy for most of you. I would like to create one worksheet were I choose a certain doctor (Drop down box), the year and it matches the month, year and doctor and guves me the correct production $$ for that doctor. I have used the lookup formulas but can't seem to figure how I should write this formula. Thank you for any help. -- Many Thanks, Jennifer If you only give it the year, how will it match on the month? If you give it a date, too, then you could use something like this: I put my table o...

Excel keeps opening many documents at once
I I have an urgent problem! All of a sudden, when I opened MSExcel 2000, it tried to open many, many files, one right after the other, without regard to the file format. It also kept giving a "format is not valid" message with every document. I am running Windows 2000 and Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business (version 9.0.3822) on a Dell Dimension 8100 with lots of RAM and lots of conventional memory. My firewall is ZoneAlarm and I have Norton Antivirus. MS Office 2000 was pre-installed by Dell, I have tried re-installing MSOffice 2000, but that did not fix the problem. Thank...

Using two types of numbering systems in one document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, <br> I'm writing a dissertation and must follow very strict guidelines. First, I need to be able to start the numbering (roman numeral) on page iv, not showing any page numbers before that. Second - after about 15 pages I need to switch to arabic numerals. This is all in one document and I have no idea how to do this. Any help would be appreciated! <br> Thanks, <br> Michal Hi Michal, See: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/Formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm -- Cheers macropod [Micr...

document prints out negative in pub after save
When I change a document in publisher and save it , the document prints out in a negative print Have you checked your printer settings? Do you mean just black, grey, and white or literally dark instead of light and light instead of dark? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Lilly 1" <Lilly 1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FF25F67-F647-47FE-973D-E5E7023491F8@microsoft.com... > When I change a document in publisher and save it , the document prints > out > in a negative ...

How do I resort numerical info into numerical order
excel currently sorting numerical info into numerical/alphabetical order as 1,10,100 etc. instead of 1,2,3 etc. Anyone know how can set to resort as 123? The numbers are probably stored as text. Please make sure you have enabled the rule 'Number stored as Text' in menu Tools>Error Checking>Options. --Now you can notice a green triangle in the top-left corner of the cell with the numeric data --Select the range and activate one of the cells with numeric data --To the left of the activated cell you can notice a small exclamation box popped up. Click on this to drop ...

Two docs on one page
I have created an A4 document with two A5 labels on it. The first sheet has label one and two upon it but when i go to sheet two i would like it to have the next two labels upon it but it has label two again and three, sheet three has three and four. I have tried starting with next record before label one (ie staring at label two to force it to push to next label at the beginning of the sheet but this didnt help) i have also tried the same at the bottom of each sheet..... please can anybody help I have created an A4 document with two mail merged A5 labels on it using an ex...

Server documentation with Visio
Hello! I would like to create a Server documentation with Visio. For example: The type of server, the vendor, disks, shares, user rights and so on. Do you know any examples for this task? Or do you have any suggestions? Thanks, Tom If you use the Visio network diagram shapes, they all have preset data fields (called custom properties) that sit behind them and can store this type of data. For example, the Server shape in Visio 2003 (in the Basic Network Diagram template) has custom properties like: Asset Number, Serial Number, Location, Manufacturer, Part Number, etc. To look at the c...

Sum of data with two criteria
Hi there, i have a (simple!?) problem with the following.. In my sheet, i have 3 columns: column A, containing a order-number column B, containing a quota column C, containing a week-number Now what needs to bee counted, is the SUM of the quota (column B) occurences from a specific order, AND a specific week! Problem is, the rows can contain multiple occurences of an ordernumber... I'm feeling quitte stupid, can anyone help me please? :confused: --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi try =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A1000=order_number)*(C1:C1000=week_number),(B1:B1000)) Fr...

Looking for API Function for Overlaying two Icons,...
Hi, if i am right, i rememer a Windows API function, that could take a icon handle as input and draw a Exclamation icon on its lower-right surface. I remember these function as a very simple function, that could take a source icon handle, and/or a target icon handle and/or some additional flags, but i cant find these function. I am pretty sure that there was such a function in the windows API/Shell/GDI or wherever but i am relly sure, i just cant find it! Maybe i am wrong,... Does someone know these function? Regards Kerem -- ----------------------- Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre b...

Merging Multiple documents having different headers and footers ma
Dear All, I am trying to merge a several word/rtf documents into a single word documents with the below macro, the problem is now each document is having a different header and footer and some fields, Can anyone suggest me a macro code for merging multiple word documents into a single document without disturbing the headers and footers of each document? Sub MergeDocs() Dim rng As Range Dim MainDoc As Document Dim strFile As String Const strFolder = "c:\tes\" 'change to suit Set MainDoc = Documents.Add strFile = Dir$(strFolder & &quo...

how to create formula to divide two rows autoaatically
Is there any way to setup a sheet or create a formula so that it will divide the data in column A by Column B anytime the data is entered and put it into columnC ? What I am trying to do is create a spreadsheet for calculating fuel MPG. So I have columns as miles, gallons and the calculation as MPG. What I want to do is anytime a value is entered into miles and gallons, to calculate mpg and put it into that respective cell. Is there any way I can do this ? Thanks -- Tony Tony, in Column C, type the formula =sum(a1/b1). This should give you the result you are looking for. Hop...

Max. no. of characters in a message box line is less in Vista when compared with XP
Hi, I have noticed in Vista, the maximum no. of characters which could be displayed in a messagebox line is 85 characters where in XP it was 131 characters. Following is a summary when compared this with OSes, OS - Max. no. of characters per messagebox line. XP - 131 Vista, Windows 7 - 85 Windows2008 Server x32 and x64 - 81 Following is a code in VB to run in Vista simulate the problem which spans into 3 lines, where it was expected in 2 lines. MsgBox ("**Maximum number of characters per messagebox line in Windows Vista is 85 characters.**"+CHR(13)+CHR(10)+"...

Copying a picture from a webpage into a word document
How do I copy a picture from a webpage and paste it into a word document on a Mac? Copy Paste does not work. Also how do I make this file usable on a PC? CG14@officeformac.com wrote: > How do I copy a picture from a webpage and paste it into a word document > on a Mac? Copy Paste does not work. > > Also how do I make this file usable on a PC? In your browser (Safari, Firefox) right-click the picture and see if you can Save Image. If this doesn't work then in Firefox you can View Image and then save it most of the time. Save the picture to your hard drive somewhere you wil...

E12 sources of documentation
Hi We're running E12 in a test environment and have run into numerous issues. Is anyone aware of any useful documentation? Thanks in advance On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:50:01 -0700, RP <RP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >We're running E12 in a test environment and have run into numerous issues. >Is anyone aware of any useful documentation? > >Thanks in advance http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/E2k7Help/cb24ddb7-0659-4d9d-9057-52843f861ba8.mspx?mfr=true Exchange Server 2007 Beta 2 Technical Library http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodt...

Custom document properties
I am using Excel 2003. I read in help that I can link content to custom document properties, but on the custom page of the document properties dialog window the checkbox "Link to content" is grayed out! The file is created, saved and opened. How do I gain access to the "Link to content" feature of the custom document properites? You need to create a name next to the formula bar to link to. I've been searching for this for a while and finally figured it out., Read this doc for more info. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052036901033.aspx "...

Asigning a numeric value to text.
Hi All, I need to assign a numeric value to a text string, so when the end use selects a particular text from a dropdown list it returns a numeri value to be used in a formula. Tried everything I know, need help please -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select some out of the way cells and assign RangeNames to them that are the same at the TEXT selections in your dropdown list. Then type the numbers in each box you wish each of them to represent. Then a formula like =A1+RangeName would use the RangeName in the formula, but return the number in the result. hth Vaya con ...

Detecting document switch
Hi everybody, I'm programming an MDI application and I need to figure out whether a user switched to a different document. So I have the following situation: I have document A and document B opened, but when the user switches from document A to document B I need to know that to update some toolbars. Previously, I did this by handling the OnActivate in the corresponding views, and from there I could figure out whether the user switched. But recently, we've added some extra view and whenever I switch to this other view mode I get that activate thing again. So the most ideal thi...

document doesn't auto display when selected
When I click on an existing excel document it doesn't automatically open. I have to click on something within Excel for it to display. Does anyone know what setting needs to be changed so it will open at startup? -- thx ...

Document Window Using Word
Normally -- when I go into word -- for word processing the screen comes up with a blank page -- with a blue border around it. Recently, the page has been smaller and longer with no blue border. Could someone help me to correct this problem? My thanks to you. Gabuie Sounds like the default accidentally got changed from Page Layout view to perhaps Normal view. If you change it back (View | Page Layout), it should save it for the future. If that doesn't work, what version of Word? DM "GA BUIE" wrote: > > Normally -- when I go into word -- for word processing the &...