Check Table of Content is matching

Hi,

Is there any easy way to check whether the table of contents is matching
with the content of the document?

Is there any provision in word for automatically updating the table of
contenets whenever the document is modified?

Thanks!

There are several ways to refesh the TOC.
Mouse right click over it and press refresh.
Place cursor in the TOC, press F9 will also do this.
What is usually best is to refresh the whole document, Ctrl+A, then press F9.
This will update all fields in the document, Headings, TOC,
Cross-references, etc.
You can also create a macro to do this, and assign a shortcut.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Maanu" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any easy way to check whether the table of contents is matching
> with the content of the document?
>
> Is there any provision in word for automatically updating the table of
> contenets whenever the document is modified?
>
> Thanks!
So there are no mechanism to automaticallyn update the TOC when I add a new
sub section, delete a section etc. I have to press F9 or use some other
mehansim to update the TOC.

Is my understanding correct?

"DeanH" wrote:

> There are several ways to refesh the TOC.
> Mouse right click over it and press refresh.
> Place cursor in the TOC, press F9 will also do this.
> What is usually best is to refresh the whole document, Ctrl+A, then press F9.
> This will update all fields in the document, Headings, TOC,
> Cross-references, etc.
> You can also create a macro to do this, and assign a shortcut.
> Hope this helps
> DeanH
>

> "Maanu" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any easy way to check whether the table of contents is matching
> > with the content of the document?
> >
> > Is there any provision in word for automatically updating the table of
> > contenets whenever the document is modified?
> >
> > Thanks!
That is mostly correct. If you have checked the option to update
fields when printing, then Word will automatically prompt you whether
to update the TOC whenever you print or go to Print Preview. (In this
case you'll see that prompt regardless of whether you made any changes
that will be reflected in the TOC.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 01:53:01 -0700, Maanu
<Maanu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>So there are no mechanism to automaticallyn update the TOC when I add a new
>sub section, delete a section etc. I have to press F9 or use some other
>mehansim to update the TOC.
>
>Is my understanding correct?
>
>"DeanH" wrote:
>
>> There are several ways to refesh the TOC.
>> Mouse right click over it and press refresh.
>> Place cursor in the TOC, press F9 will also do this.
>> What is usually best is to refresh the whole document, Ctrl+A, then press F9.
>> This will update all fields in the document, Headings, TOC,
>> Cross-references, etc.
>> You can also create a macro to do this, and assign a shortcut.
>> Hope this helps
>> DeanH
>>

>> "Maanu" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Is there any easy way to check whether the table of contents is matching
>> > with the content of the document?
>> >
>> > Is there any provision in word for automatically updating the table of
>> > contenets whenever the document is modified?
>> >
>> > Thanks!
0
Jay

Update one table from another

Creating a table
There's probably an easier way to do it but... I have a series of numbers in column A (150 in all) and a series of letters in column B (22 in all). In total there are 4800 rows. What I am trying to do is create a table with the number down the left hand side and the letters across the top. In each cell within the table I need to count how many times the combination of number/letter appears. Eg: A B C 201 0 2 2 202 3 0 1 203 3 6 4 I tried combining the number/letter into a single text field using the CONCATENATE function then filtering ...

Safe Pay Check Amount Problem
I am trying to setup Safe Pay. Everything seems to be working fine except for one annoying quirk. Our bank's Positive Pay data format gives us 12 characters for check amounts ($$$$$$$$$$¢¢). The file that Safe Pay generates is working perfectly except for those checks that are greater than $9,999,999.99 (9 characters). If the check amount is greater than that (say $10,000,000.00), the value that the Safe Pay file shows for that check is 002147483647. And, even if none of the individual checks exceed $9,999,999.99, if the total of the checks in the batch exceeds that a...

Finding all queries which use a table

Vendor transactions and checks
I'm trying to create a vendor payment report from my program. From which tables I can get the vendor payable transaction information??? I also need to know whether there is a check aleady issue to a transaction. Thank you. ...

FP: Couldnt close table
We have been receiving this error on two separate PCs after a recent upgrade to 7.5. Our version is 7.50g43 (service pack 5). At first we thought it was isolated to one PC now a second PC is having the same error. On the first PC, I ran new network cable, installed a different network card with no help. This PC is Win98, 64MB RAM, 600Mhz. The second PC has 128MB RAM also Win98. I don't believe switching to XP is an option right now. This message has appeared in the payables module on both machines. But it has also appeared in receivables as well. Not in GL or Payroll. I...

matching columns of numbers

count if a match occurs
Hi! I have two rows - say Row 1 and Row 2. In the first row I have a answer key. In the second row I have answers from a student. I would like to write a formula where it counts how many answers student got write. Here is a example: Row 0: Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Row 1: 1 4 2 3 4 1 Row 2: 3 4 1 3 4 1 So student marked 4 questions correctly: Q2, Q4, Q5 and Q6. Hence, the formula should return 4. I know one way to do it but I am sure there is more efficient way to do it. The way I know: Use if statement to compare two corresponding entries and output 1 if...

Pivot tables and Macros
I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the drop downs, not change the fields in the table or anything)and print from a pivot table using a macro. So how do I go about doing that? When I set up a macro by recording the actions that I want to do, I always get an error message when I try to run it as a macro. What specific steps are you recording, and what error message do you get? Can you click the Debug button, and see the line of code that is causing the problem? Dust For Eyes wrote: > I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the >...

Can I have spell check ignore errors and alert me to real words?
Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSXO" but show me "SPELL". No, there is no way of doing that regards, Peo Sjoblom "JenLynFish" wrote: > Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way > to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? > Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSX...

Same Table cannot be the child table in two nexted relations...
I've been setting up a schema with the XML Designer in VS .NET 2003. The designer lets me set up a lot of things including a complex type that contains an unnamed complex type called modified. When I try to preview the dataset, I get an error described as "The same table (modified) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. I've run into this before with a different complex type, and I've changed the name of the instance of the type in the various elements it's used, and the problem goes away. In this case, problem is an unnamed complex type, so it only a...

Pivot Table in Excel
hi, I have a problem using the pivot Table in excel 2000. Earlier the location of the pivot table in excel was pointing to say c:\sales.mdb. Now the location has changed to D:\Sales.mdb. someone please tell me the place to change in the excel to reflect the same. So that upon refreshing the document i can see the latest data. Currently i am getting a error message when i try to refresh, but its not prompting to change to alternative location. If i edit the excel file in a notepad...i can see the location pointing to c:\sales.mdb. Thanks in advance for any help regarding this..expect...

How to copy aQuery to a new Table?
I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. After two months or so I like, after some new data input, to save the Table into a new Object Table. What is the best way for the Report and Query to follow the new Table whitout recreating the original Report & Query? Thankyou for your comments. I use MS Office Access 2007. Joe T >>I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. Your phrasing is wrong when it comes to the elements of an Access database. A dat...

Looking up and matching data
I have two sets of data with the same information but not in the same order and am trying to match the data. In each data set I have 10 pools containing 100 loans. Each pool has a unique ID and each loan within the applicable pool has an ID of 1 to 100. I need to look up the Pool ID, then look up the loan ID so that I can extract the property type information from a third column. The Pool ID and property type is text but the loan ID is a number. I am struggling to put together the right combination of formulas to give the property type for each loan within each pool. Any suggestion...

pvt table field settings!
hi! i am receiving data every day from 10 different places as under.! for example: DATE 11.01.2009 PLACE "A" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 10 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 DATE 11.01.2009 PLACE "B" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 50 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1500 DATE 11.02.2009 PLACE "A" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 15 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 DATE 11.03.2009 PLACE "C" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 10 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 -likewise i'm receiving daily data from all the 10 places..! what i want is a pivot table report on a...

HTML Table import
Hi, I have a HTML document which contains a large data of data. When this html file is imported into excel some of the columns get out of whack. eg. Some columns are removed completely. This html renders ok in IE but get corrupted or misread when imported into excel, mainly when the table gets big. eg. It generally happens after the 10000 row mark. Any suggestions? Do you import it through data>import external data>new web query? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "Ryan Hafey" <Ryan Hafey@discussion...

copying column width in tables
Hi, I created a table in Publisher with 6 columns. I would columns #1, 2, 4 and 5 to have the same width and columns 3 and 6 to have a different width. I'd like to set the width of column 1 and then paste that size to the other four so they all have exactly the same width. Presently, I am eyeballing it, but it takes too much time and is not exact. Any ideas on how to do this? The only way is to create guides. Arrange, ruler guides. You could try creating a table in Word, copy/paste. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsof...

Colors matching on a page ....
Has anybody had any problems with creating a document in Publisher and using more than one color on the page, but having more than one color appear when printing? I have checked the color of the font and they are all the same...but when I print, one line may come out one color and the next one, another. Close...but not the same. And I have checked to make sure they are the same colors in every aspect. They are...until I print????? Why is this happening and how can I fix it? Liz wrote: > Has anybody had any problems with creating a document in Publisher > and using more than ...

look up tables and IF statements
=VLOOKUP(G2,$C$30:$F$369,2) I have managed to create a look up table using the office assistant, and the formula above dumps information into cell G3. If G2 is empty or has a zero I don't want G3 to have anything in it. At the moment it just keeps coming up with #N/A Can anyone tell me what formula I should be using please Hi Rick! Would this modification do? =IF(OR(G2<>0,G2<>""),VLOOKUP(G2,$C$30:$F$369,2),"") Hope this helps! -- Thanks and kind regards "Rick" wrote: > =VLOOKUP(G2,$C$30:$F$369,2) > I have managed to create a lo...