change "save location" in MS Word 2007

I wish to change the save location to "my documents."  It can't be done.  If
you browse and click to get the correct location, Word won't save it.  If you
type it in, Word says "access denied" when you try to save.

Please advise.  And I'm not even going to ask why Microsoft changed this
option.  I've yet to find a change in Word 2007 that is helpful.

I also haven't found any helpful changes in Word 2007, but I think I know how
to do what you're asking.

Click on the Office button and select "Word Options." Click on "Advanced"
and click on the File Locations... button at the bottom. That will give you
the old file locations dialog box from 97-2003 programs, and you can set it
to wherever you want.

Even after you've done that, every now and again Word 2007 will still go
someplace other than the directory you've specified, but about 90% of the
time it will go where you want. In my opinion, 90% is pretty good for Word
2007.

Jerry

"Jean Chicago" wrote:

> I wish to change the save location to "my documents."  It can't be done.  If
> you browse and click to get the correct location, Word won't save it.  If you
> type it in, Word says "access denied" when you try to save.
>
> Please advise.  And I'm not even going to ask why Microsoft changed this
> option.  I've yet to find a change in Word 2007 that is helpful.

Group policy + default save location
Can anyone tell me how to modify the publisher 2007 adm template to configure users to save to their my documents rather than their C:\ drive. All help appreciated How administrators can use Office policy templates together with the Group Policy settings of Windows http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924617/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ <jamessharepoint@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:6332f3c9-a56c-4636-8622-323d2427c016@s9g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone tell me how to modify the publisher 2007 adm template to > configure users to save to their my d...

Save Location
Hello all This is how my button is programmed... ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------ ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------ ---------------------------- Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Me.TextBox1.Text = Date End Sub Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() MyPath = "\\tprc1fanp001\shared\Enforcement, Enquiry & Complaints\Manual Payment History\" 'Set the Path MyFileName = "Date" &...

Save Location
At work, we do a lot of emailing of excel files to one another. If you open one via the email, the default save location is in a temporary files area. This causes issues when folks don't know where to go to get them back. I was unable to find information on changing that location. I'd rather have the folks setup a default area in their My Documents area. Anyone know how to change that setting? The Tools/Options just allows one default based on creating a new file. TIA I think that this is more of an email client issue than excel. We use Outlook 2k at work. I've never fo...

Template Customized Save Locations
Hello: I have several templates i have created in word. I need each template to save in a different location. For example: 1) Template 1 will auto default to save in my documents. 2) Template 2 will auto default to save in my photos. Is there a way to have a auto default option for indviduale ms word templates? Thank you very much Vinny Word will start with the documents folder set in Word options file locations, until you open a document from a different folder which will then become the active folder until you either change the folder or re-start Word. However yo...

Auto save location
I have a very strange problem. I have Excel 2003 setup to automatically save files to the My Documents directory by default, however when I go to "save as" the default directory that shows up is c:\documents and settings\joe\local settings\temporary internet\OLK5. Can anyone tell me what this is all about and how to fix it? I don't understand why Excel is looking there even though the default file location is set to My Documents. I have searched the web and cannot find anything. Your help is greatly appreciated. No, I don't have a macro running. I agree that i...

Changing default file save Location
I need to know how to change the default save location for an attachment in Outlook XP. I know where to go in Word, Excel, PP and so on, however, I can not find the location in Outlook. If someone can help I would appreciate it. We use an Exchange 2000 server to manage our e-mail. Thanks, Nelson Hi Nelson, maybe this could solve your problem http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/English%20Help.htm#5 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de ...

Button
Hi guys I have a file which is a template. This file is read only, and is an Excel sheet What I want to do, is place a button on the sheet. When the button is pressed, a box appears asking for todays day in format: DD.MM.YYYY (Ideally, if it could automatically set the date, this would be a bonus.... ) The locationg I want the button to save is: c:/documents/files How can I do this? On the assumption that the filename will ALWAYS be today, then you ca use this module. (Alt-F11, insert->Module) Dim rightnow Dim thefilename Dim theday Dim themonth Dim theyear Sub SaveTonight() rig...

Word 2007 Macro
Forgive me if these are silly questions, but I am very new to writing macros. I have a .dotm template with an AutoNew() macro, and I am trying to figure out how to do 2 things: 1) When I have the file save, I want it to save in the same directory as the template is in, rather than in My Documents. How do I do this? 2) The macro inserts content into the document from a number of external files. Once this is done, I'd like to have it update the table of contents. How do I do that? Thank you! Kaiti With ActiveDocument .TablesOfContents(1).Update .SaveAs .At...

Default file save locations

Data Files
How do I change the save location of my money file from the default location to a location of my choice (an external usb drive) In money: Tools button Options... Back-up tab Save in: box Make changes as desired. Or use Browse button >-----Original Message----- >How do I change the save location of my money file from >the default location to a location of my choice (an >external usb drive) >. > Thanks. I will give this a try. >-----Original Message----- >In money: >Tools button >Options... >Back-up tab >Save in: box >Make changes as desired. &...

Template default save location?
I am wondering if it is possible to specify within a template a default location for a file to be saved to on clicking the Save button. Hi you can put some code in the BeforeSave event of this file which changes the file and directory -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "petercais" <petercais@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:35D2999D-7635-4AB3-98FF-8F4993558763@microsoft.com... > I am wondering if it is possible to specify within a template a default > location for a file to be saved to on clicking the Save button. ...

Save Location
Hello, After I run the report and then click on analyze it with MS Excell, it always save to C:Mydocument. I want to change the location of the file to G:Report. How would I do this? Thank you inadvance for your help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200707/1 Unless you can change this using Tools | Options | General tab | Default Database Folder, you may have to just send it to Excel, then use File | Save As to get it where you want it to go. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "qkimchi via AccessM...

How to change default save location for all users
We have a new Office installation that we'd like to modify. It was installed with a local admin account, but is used by users who login from the network. Network users can log in and use all office apps. However, we'd like to change the default save location for all users (from the standard documents folder) We can't seem to find the default preference setting on the local machine. Any help would be apppreciated. Hi, Goto Word Menu and select preferences. Under preferences select File Locations. Once you select File Locations towards to the right side of the Preferences Sc...

change "save location" in MS Word 2007
I wish to change the save location to "my documents." It can't be done. If you browse and click to get the correct location, Word won't save it. If you type it in, Word says "access denied" when you try to save. Please advise. And I'm not even going to ask why Microsoft changed this option. I've yet to find a change in Word 2007 that is helpful. I also haven't found any helpful changes in Word 2007, but I think I know how to do what you're asking. Click on the Office button and select "Word Options." Click on "Adva...

set default save location to PST?
Hello Outlook gurus, In Outlook, you can specify which folder in your default store to save unsent messages (eg: Inbox, Sent Items). But I want the default save location to be in a PERSONAL FOLDER(PST). When I try to set it, I get an error "this folder is not part of the default store". It sounds like by design, Outlook must save unsent items in the mailbox store, not in a PST. Anyone know a way around this? BTW, I'm not a VB programmer... Thanks, Deborah You can have items going into a pst when you have a mailbox in the profile be warned though that the pst will become th...

Changing Default Save Location for Email Attachments
Hey gang.. I understand the Tools>Options>General tab allows you to change the default open/save file for Excel, however, this does not work when you open a file received as an attachment. The Save As location changes to one of the Temp folders. Does anyone know how to change this? I use Outlook 2002 - and this may be impossible, but it is extremely irritating and I would love to find out how to change this Thanks --Shane Hi shane try Ron's sendmail add-in: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Shane wrote: > Hey gang... > > I ...

Re-defining default save location for attachments
Can someone please tell me how I can change the default folder that attachments that come in an e-mail are saved? I know that they are currently going to the Temporary Internet Files\OKL* Pat <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can someone please tell me how I can change the default > folder that attachments that come in an e-mail are saved? > I know that they are currently going to the Temporary > Internet Files\OKL* Use Google Groups Search on this newsgroup. It has been answered several times. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B...

Default save location
Is there or is there not a way to go into REGEDIT and change the default location of the Publisher files, rather than "My Documents"?? Pub. 98 THNX! Terry Hi, You can change the default location for saving the publisher files and even pictures by selecting the Options from Tools menu. In the General tab of Options, click on the Modify button to change the path. Hope this helps. All the best, Kiran >-----Original Message----- >Is there or is there not a way to go into REGEDIT and change the default >location of the Publisher files, rather than "My Documents...

how do I set default save location when saving email attachments
I want to change the default save location when saving attached documents in emails. Where is that set? ...