Change from symbol language to english

Hi There,

My issue is that when I open word documents from a certain person, they come
out looking like a whole heap of "goobly gook" and are totally unreadable.
I'm using Word 2003 and am not sure what version he's using.

Eg of Goobly Gook:   !šˆ–\"EÑÎÌÎÎnÒɶ*£5ø ­ÉØ8 ± Œ´J›EÆ>f/ñ=‹
£Di

Now I know he's not writing to me in a foreign language of any sort, and
he's not using a special code that only we know, so how can I fix this so
it's readable in ENGLISH?

Thanks so much in advance.
Kit_e

Hey thanks, but don't bother.  Looks like there is something wrong with the
installation of Word at his end.

workflow issue: email able to be changed
hi, we are using crm 3.0 in our company. when an email comes in (using a special email-address) a service request (i forgot the correct name in english of the specific entity) is created manually. as soon as this entity is saved an email is fired to the customer saying that we have received his issue. this is done by following a workflow. however we would like to provide a possibility to change i.e. cc-address of this email prior to have it sent to the customer. how can this be achieved in the most easy manner? -- thanks in advance / danke im voraus, fritz -- Fritz Theiss anybody...

How do i change info in all my cust cards in excel in one go
Help I have a number of customer cards in excel. can i update all the cards at once or do i have to do them individually because it takes me a long time to do individually I suppose you could do EDIT > REPLACE - Mangesh "Michaelr" <Michaelr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F21CB0A-1A98-4003-A943-6E26B2A3D757@microsoft.com... > Help > I have a number of customer cards in excel. can i update all the cards at > once or do i have to do them individually because it takes me a long time to > do individually What do you need to update? &qu...

How do I change the default number format in Excel?
I want to know if it is possible to select a different default number format in Excel 2003 so that it will apply automatically when I open a new workbook. Create a new workbook. Change the normal style to what you want. format|style|select normal|click modify change the number format Save this file as book.xlt in your XLStart folder. Excel will use that template file for any new workbook. Be aware that dates are numbers, too and you'll be affecting those. I don't think I'd do this. DJMLLC wrote: > > I want to know if it is possible to select a different default num...

Change "Startup in this folder" via Script/GPO?
Hello NG, Is there any option to change the "Startup in this folder" via Script? (Not manually! Tools->Options->Other->Advanced Options: Startup in this folder) I try also via GPO but there isn't any option. Thanks in advance, B.Grogg IIRC, there is no group policy setting for this because the user can = select any folder in their default information store. That makes it a = setting specific to the user's mail profile. If the user changes = profiles, a different setting might apply. There is no global setting = that applies to all profiles.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

Unable to change logo object in personal information dialog
I am not able to edit the exisiting saved logo object that I had previously saved in the personal information dialog, or even add a default logo to any new perrsonal information sets. Any reason why this add/edit logo in the personal information set is disabled? Which version of Pub are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mark McD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10fc701c4411c$ba3ac540$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am not able to edit the exisiting saved logo object > that I had previously saved in the personal informat...

Copyright symbol #3
I am trying to type (C) but Excel keeps changing it to a Copyright symbol © How can I stop this from happening? ...

Can default "collate" option be changed?
Hi, By default, in every Office-application, the print-option "collate" is checked. Is there any way to permanently change this to unchecked (maybe with regedit)? Thanks. Fred Commissaris. ...

Cannot change a formula
I am using a worksheet that counts the number of days employees have worked. The worksheet was written by someone else who have left. I need to change the number of some rows in this formula. =COUNTIF(D$14:D$160,$V32)+COUNTIF(D$175:D$225,$V31)+M250+M238 M250 and M238 are the results of another countif formula. When I try and change the number of the rows to M251 and M 239 the formula no longer returns a value and I see the formula in the cell on the worksheet. Also the different values of the rows and columns become colored. How can I change the formula so it returns the value its su...

Change Service Account of Queue and Event Service
Hi, what actions do I need to take to change the service Account of Queue and Event Service of Project Server 2007? Thanks for any advice Adrian -- Adrian Miller Hi Adrian, You mean, you want to change the farm service account? If so, here is the steps: 1) On command prompt: stsadm -o updatefarmcredentials -identitytype <configuarable \ networkservice> -userlogin <domain\name> -password <password> 2) IISreset http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934838 I know this sytax, but I didn't get the chance to use it till now. Please test this o...

Can I change the folder squence?
Hi All, If I create below folders: 1st folder a folder b folder c foder Then in outlook 2003, the order will be that, so can I change the squence? maybe as: b folder 1st folder c folder a folder Thanks for your help. -- Yours, Lv You can do that with folders you make. You cannot rename the standard set of Outlook folders (Inbox, Outbox, Calendar, Notes etc) Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant There are various articles about using Outlook here: www.judygleeson.com Canberra, Australia "Lv" <rebelmouse@163.com> wrote in message news:65700158-EA...

Just want to Change color of Font??
Version: 2008 I am used to using a PC and this is my first Mac- I am not used to this version of word. I would like to do simple things like change the color of the font or make the font bold or underlined but I don't know where to go for those options. There are tables and columns and other elaborate applications but I would just simply like the basics. So, if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be tremendous! View Menu > Toolbars> click on Edit. Edit Toolbar comes up gives you all kinds of formatting tools including Font color, back Ground Color , Bold, ...

CRM SFO gives error after IP change on Exchange Server
Hi All, Hopefully someone knows this one. So, we moved our Exchange server from one site in San Jose to another site in San Diego. We are pulling away from a systems management company, so this is part of the move. The domain and server name remained the same. We just had to change the IP to get it into the same network. All DNS records were changed, etc, and all other aspects of Outlook/Email are running great. The only loss we have is that now when CRM is accessed from Outlook, it fails with the error "An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator....

Track changes #7
Where is the person who made changes to a shared workbook derived from? If I logon via one machine it gives my full name in the track changes history. If I logon from another machine, it gives my first initial and last name. I would like to know why it is different and where the identifier comes from. On the two systems, do you have different profile details? I believe TC is shown as the name from Tools, Options, User Name. R. Rainone Wrote: > Where is the person who made changes to a shared workbook derived from? > If I > logon via one machine it gives my full name in ...

My Column headers are numbers how do I change them to letters?
I have numbers across the column header and the row header. Normally the column header is letters. so if I have ona cell that is the 2nd coulmn over and 5th cel down it should be "B5" but on my excel program it is "25". I can not enter any formulas into my excel prgrams this way? Can anyone help me? Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0003.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Cindy 2 cats" <Cindy 2 cats@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3D2BD55F-2FF9-4975-9C34-01E36E94FEB0@microsoft.com... > I have number...

Changing Sent Items mailbox.
Is there any way to save sent messages to a mailbox other than Sent Items? When using IMAP, if you need to keep copies, you can run out of space on the server. Is there a way to save these to a set of private folders? ...

Outlook 2003 Force Standard Form from Changed Regional Settings
I am using Outlook 2003. Because many of the programs I run must show Chinese Characters, I changed the Regional Settings in Windows XP for "Language for NonUnicode Programs" from English to Chinese. The "STandards and Formats" setting, however, is still English (United States). This allows my Chinese Non Unicode programs to display Chinese Characters, however, it unfortunately changes the way that Outlook operates. When I open a Contact, the contact no longer displays the address the way it is supposed to, it displays it in an international format that is very di...

changing service level on an existing contract
Hi all, I need to update the service level field of some exisiting contracts. We have tried to find a way to do this using the user interface but had no luck, so i am assuming this will need to be a database change. Can anyone provide any guidance on how to do this? Thanks, Tom Hi Tom, once the Contract is activated by using Actions > Invoice Contract, it becomes read-only and cannot be updated. The supported method is to cancel the contract and create a new one. Regards, -- Neil Benson Increase - Hosted Microsoft CRM with Beyond Demand service www.increasecrm.co.uk "Lordy8...

Contact Addresses change after I put them in "TO" line
A frustrating thing is happening and no virus has been found. When I put addresses in my 'To' line either through a group or individually they occassionally change to another contact in my list. The names do not get changed until after I puch the send button. Then it shows up in my 'SENT' folder under the new address. Any help would be greatly apprecaited! "lauraM" <lauraM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ACA2D80-B85F-4CAC-A958-EE1366549674@microsoft.com... >A frustrating thing is happening and no virus has been found. Whe...

Changing folder color?
In Outlook Pro 2003 is there any way of changing folder / subfolder color? Thx :) k Nope -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the address when mailing) ----- ".::KoperniK::." <jonwlalalalaa@lalalagmx.net> wrote in message news:gYkZb.8774887$Id.14...

change 'alt+enter' combo to just 'enter'
I need to get to a new line within a cell, yet I want to change the combination from the 'alt+enter' to just 'enter.' Is there a way to change this combination? Basically I need to be able to type large amounts of information in each cell and it would be too much of a pain to type 'alt+enter.' I need to be able to type in Excel as freely as you can type in Word. Thanks Don't think there's any simple way to accomplish what you want. Perhaps you'd be better served if you used text boxes, into which you you CAN type as freely as you can in Word. &q...

change IIS port 80 to 81
Hello i have on the same server IIS and Exchange. When i move IIS to port 81 & 443 ...OMA and ActiveSync OTA don't work anymore. As soon as, i move back to port 80 eveything is fine. Is there a registry trick or something else to have IIS on port 81/443 and OMA ASOTA working ? TY How about adding a second IP address to the server and let each web site stay on port 80, but use different IP addresses? "Stan" <kikistan[nospam**]@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23SzVGeLLGHA.2628@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello > > i have on the same server IIS and...

Changing signatures
Is there a quick way to switch between several signatures on-the-fly? Outlook 2002, Exchange Srvr 5.5. Thanx for your help, Garrett Forest Home, Inc. ...

Changing numbers
I have about 5000 product code entries, but they all need changing, want to get rid of the last two digits: e.g 01234500 to 012345 Is there a way to do this for all the entries quickly -- cj2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cj21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39123 If all numbers are the same number of chaacters you could use th following formula to get rid of the 0's If 01234500 is in cell A1 then in cell B1 enter =MID...

Change records
Hello: I have some data in the following format: LA A B C D .... Is there any easy way to change the format into: LA A B C D Thanks in advance! > I have some data in the following format: > LA > A > B > C > D > ... > Is there any easy way to change the format into: > LA A B C D 1. Select the data. 2. Use "Edit >> Copy" 3. Select an empty cell someplace where you want the result to start. 4. Use "Edit >> Past special" and choose "Transpose" 5. Click "OK" Thanks for your quick response! "Jay" wrote...

Name change in AD leaves mailbox inaccessable...
After a users name is changed in Active Directory the user cannot connect to the mailbox thru Outlook Express 6. The user can access the mailbox through Outlook web access. Everytime the user tries with Outlook express it comes back with cannot authenticate username or password. Use full e-mail address as username. "Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17aa601c41e3e$d1f97a10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > After a users name is changed in Active Directory the > user cannot connect to the mailbox thru Outlook Express > 6. The user can access ...