Hi,
I know that I can use "File Locations" in "Options" so that whenever I use
the "Open..." command in Word, it will open to a specific folder.  I'm
wondering if there is a way that this can be applied not to a folder but to a
specific drive on a network.
Our company has a main public drive and has also assigned each of the Staff
their own private drive.  Is there a way to access the "main page" (for lack
of a better term) of my private drive each time I use "Open..." in Word?
Right now it goes to "My Computer" or to the last directory that I used
within the drive.
Thank you!

Does it not work entering the drive letter - P:\ or whatever - it's a folder
like any other.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

 www.WordArticles.com

"wastelandhysteria" <wastelandhysteria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D404E2DB-645D-49B8-A31F-827479967F9F@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I know that I can use "File Locations" in "Options" so that whenever I use
> the "Open..." command in Word, it will open to a specific folder.  I'm
> wondering if there is a way that this can be applied not to a folder but
> to a
> specific drive on a network.
> Our company has a main public drive and has also assigned each of the
> Staff
> their own private drive.  Is there a way to access the "main page" (for
> lack
> of a better term) of my private drive each time I use "Open..." in Word?
> Right now it goes to "My Computer" or to the last directory that I used
> within the drive.
> Thank you!

0
Tony
1/6/2010 8:23:35 AM
It doesn't, strangely--right now it's set to the drive name (U:\) but the
"Open" command takes me to the last folder I accessed within the U: drive.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

> Does it not work entering the drive letter - P:\ or whatever - it's a folder
> like any other.
>
> --
> Enjoy,
> Tony
>
>  www.WordArticles.com
>
> "wastelandhysteria" <wastelandhysteria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:D404E2DB-645D-49B8-A31F-827479967F9F@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > I know that I can use "File Locations" in "Options" so that whenever I use
> > the "Open..." command in Word, it will open to a specific folder.  I'm
> > wondering if there is a way that this can be applied not to a folder but
> > to a
> > specific drive on a network.
> > Our company has a main public drive and has also assigned each of the
> > Staff
> > their own private drive.  Is there a way to access the "main page" (for
> > lack
> > of a better term) of my private drive each time I use "Open..." in Word?
> > Right now it goes to "My Computer" or to the last directory that I used
> > within the drive.
> > Thank you!
>
> .

It is normal to do this within a Word session, but it should fall back to
your default when you restart Word. Are you saying that this doesn't happen?
That Word remembers your sub-folder across sessions?

--

message news:70CD61BB-7625-4741-BA86-E61D00AB9C9D@microsoft.com...
> It doesn't, strangely--right now it's set to the drive name (U:\) but the
> "Open" command takes me to the last folder I accessed within the U: drive.
>
> "Tony Jollans" wrote:
>
>> Does it not work entering the drive letter - P:\ or whatever - it's a
>> folder
>> like any other.
>>
>> --
>> Enjoy,
>> Tony
>>
>>  www.WordArticles.com
>>
>> "wastelandhysteria" <wastelandhysteria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:D404E2DB-645D-49B8-A31F-827479967F9F@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> > I know that I can use "File Locations" in "Options" so that whenever I
>> > use
>> > the "Open..." command in Word, it will open to a specific folder.  I'm
>> > wondering if there is a way that this can be applied not to a folder
>> > but
>> > to a
>> > specific drive on a network.
>> > Our company has a main public drive and has also assigned each of the
>> > Staff
>> > their own private drive.  Is there a way to access the "main page" (for
>> > lack
>> > of a better term) of my private drive each time I use "Open..." in
>> > Word?
>> > Right now it goes to "My Computer" or to the last directory that I used
>> > within the drive.
>> > Thank you!
>>
>> .

0