Hi,
I know that I can use "File Locations" in "Options" so that whenever I use
the "Open..." command in Word, it will open to a specific folder.  I'm
wondering if there is a way that this can be applied not to a folder but to a
specific drive on a network.
Our company has a main public drive and has also assigned each of the Staff
their own private drive.  Is there a way to access the "main page" (for lack
of a better term) of my private drive each time I use "Open..." in Word?
Right now it goes to "My Computer" or to the last directory that I used
within the drive.
Thank you!

Does it not work entering the drive letter - P:\ or whatever - it's a folder
like any other.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

 www.WordArticles.com

"wastelandhysteria" <wastelandhysteria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D404E2DB-645D-49B8-A31F-827479967F9F@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I know that I can use "File Locations" in "Options" so that whenever I use
> the "Open..." command in Word, it will open to a specific folder.  I'm
> wondering if there is a way that this can be applied not to a folder but
> to a
> specific drive on a network.
> Our company has a main public drive and has also assigned each of the
> Staff
> their own private drive.  Is there a way to access the "main page" (for
> lack
> of a better term) of my private drive each time I use "Open..." in Word?
> Right now it goes to "My Computer" or to the last directory that I used
> within the drive.
> Thank you!

0
Tony
1/6/2010 8:23:35 AM
It doesn't, strangely--right now it's set to the drive name (U:\) but the
"Open" command takes me to the last folder I accessed within the U: drive.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

> Does it not work entering the drive letter - P:\ or whatever - it's a folder
> like any other.
>
> --
> Enjoy,
> Tony
>
>  www.WordArticles.com
>
> "wastelandhysteria" <wastelandhysteria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:D404E2DB-645D-49B8-A31F-827479967F9F@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > I know that I can use "File Locations" in "Options" so that whenever I use
> > the "Open..." command in Word, it will open to a specific folder.  I'm
> > wondering if there is a way that this can be applied not to a folder but
> > to a
> > specific drive on a network.
> > Our company has a main public drive and has also assigned each of the
> > Staff
> > their own private drive.  Is there a way to access the "main page" (for
> > lack
> > of a better term) of my private drive each time I use "Open..." in Word?
> > Right now it goes to "My Computer" or to the last directory that I used
> > within the drive.
> > Thank you!
>
> .

It is normal to do this within a Word session, but it should fall back to
your default when you restart Word. Are you saying that this doesn't happen?
That Word remembers your sub-folder across sessions?

--

message news:70CD61BB-7625-4741-BA86-E61D00AB9C9D@microsoft.com...
> It doesn't, strangely--right now it's set to the drive name (U:\) but the
> "Open" command takes me to the last folder I accessed within the U: drive.
>
> "Tony Jollans" wrote:
>
>> Does it not work entering the drive letter - P:\ or whatever - it's a
>> folder
>> like any other.
>>
>> --
>> Enjoy,
>> Tony
>>
>>  www.WordArticles.com
>>
>> "wastelandhysteria" <wastelandhysteria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:D404E2DB-645D-49B8-A31F-827479967F9F@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> > I know that I can use "File Locations" in "Options" so that whenever I
>> > use
>> > the "Open..." command in Word, it will open to a specific folder.  I'm
>> > wondering if there is a way that this can be applied not to a folder
>> > but
>> > to a
>> > specific drive on a network.
>> > Our company has a main public drive and has also assigned each of the
>> > Staff
>> > their own private drive.  Is there a way to access the "main page" (for
>> > lack
>> > of a better term) of my private drive each time I use "Open..." in
>> > Word?
>> > Right now it goes to "My Computer" or to the last directory that I used
>> > within the drive.
>> > Thank you!
>>
>> .

0
Tony

Money 2005
Money likes creating new accounts... its appears "By Design". That being said, Money 2005 has created a new "Credit Card" account (for my Auto Loan) and a new "Bank Account" for my IRA Account (From a Credit Union). I of course, already have a real "Loan Account" setup and a real "Investment Account" setup for these accounts. Money won't let you merge accounts of diffenent types, and it won't let you change the type of a downloaded account. Is there any hope? || Aaron ...

In Outlook Express spell checker stuck in French how to change it.
The language setting in the spell checker inOutlook Express is stuck in French. (No other language option is available) The language in Office is set to English! How can I change it to English in Outlook Express? Outlook Express has nothing to do with Office or Outlook settings. OE is a Windows program. Change OE's settings in Windows Control Panel, Regional & Language settings. "Herb" wrote: > The language setting in the spell checker inOutlook Express is stuck in > French. (No other language option is available) The language in Office is > set to Engli...

Changing the background colour on Visio?
Hi - does anyone know how to change the background colour on Visio 2003? I can't find a plain background template that allows you to choose your own colour. I've changed the background settings to grey, but it still prints out white so I must be doing something wrong. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Hi Marcia I'm having the same problem, did oyu ever figure out how to print the background color? Thanks! Paul "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8734E84-40BE-429F-A403-5B193942AAA8@microsoft.com... > H...

XP sp3: change user not allowed
Hello first of all, I have to say that all worked fine since this morning. I haven't changed anything, maybe it depends on one of the latest automatic update. Before today, when I clicked on change user (start > disconnect > change user) and chose another user, xp would let me in the other account. Now the account is loaded for a second and then I am sent to the initial screen again (the one where all account are shown): it's like XP won't allow more than one user desktop to be open at a time. Another thing that I noticed is that there is no more indication of ...

Change Columns to Letters
I want to run a CountIf statement E.g =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"General queries") However, on the columns there are no letters, only numbers. So both the rows and the colums have letters. Does anyone know how i can change the columns from numbers to letters. Thanks for helping Dave -- David494 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ David494's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24482 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391226 If anyone still knows how to do this then can you...

how to track changes from excel file?
saved an excel file multiple times only to learn errors later, can I view earlier versions before each saved file? did not put on the track changes Only if you saved earlier versions under different names (or same name, but a different folder). angie wrote: > > saved an excel file multiple times only to learn errors later, can I view > earlier versions before each saved file? did not put on the track changes -- Dave Peterson ...

VC++6 Default EXE app Icon change
Who haven't used VC++ 6 doesn't know what pain and anti-usability words mean. I'm trying to change default icon for my EXE app and failed. Remember to change the icon for both 16x16 and 32x32 pixels. -- Bjarne Nielsen "Oliver Young" <none> skrev i en meddelelse news:eu6NJIVmDHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Who haven't used VC++ 6 doesn't know what pain and anti-usability words > mean. I'm trying to change default icon for my EXE app and failed. > > My question is: how can i change icon?? I tried right clicking it...

Exchange 5.5 Service Account Password Change
I have an Exchange 5.5 server that someone used the Administrator Account and Exchange Service Accounts for permissions. When I attempt to make a change to the Domain Admin account the Outlook users cannot login any longer to Outlook. That being said I have also made the necessary changes to all the Exchange services as far as the new password for the administrator and I have also changed the password at the configuration level in Exchange. I cannot find where else that Admin account is bein used to make the neccessary changes. Suggestions ???? Hi, Try this article http://www.m...

Outlook 2007: changing any attendee sends updates to all attendees
I have seen several questions pertaining to this problem, but did not see a resolution in any of them. Please help! When I make any changes to the meeting attendees (add/remove), I only have the options to 'Save and Send Update' (which goes to all attendees) or 'Do not save changes'. Adding isn't such a problem because I can forward the invite and it eliminates the problem, but I cannot find any sort of work around for removing an attendee. I am using Outlook 2007 (12.0.6514.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000). I do not know if I have any add-ins, I do not k...

Cannot logon to my Money files, does not accept password
I cannot make Money accept my Passport password. The people at Microsoft say it's a problem with their server and will be soon corrected. In the meantime, I can't open the program nor can I find out which are the bills to be paid. Any ideas? thanks Anna Just read all the messages posted below for the last several days. You'll find you're one of many who are experiencing the same problem. Microsoft claims the problem is with their server and should be fixed shortly. Unfortunately we don't know what Microsoft's definition of shortly is. >-----Original M...

Changing trend lines with macro
Hi Has anyone ever worked out a way of changing trend lines (from sa linear to moving average) using a macro -- Brisbane Ro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2509 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56345 Turn on the macro recorder (Tools | Macro > Record new macro...), make the change through the UI, turn off the recorder, and switch to the VBE. XL will have generated the necessary code that you can customize/generalize as ...

exporting excel charts as eps files
I am wanting to know whether it is possible to export (or save) a microsoft excel chart or graph as a vector file (e.g. eps or emf file). Basically i am wanting to export an excel chart or graph as a vector-based file so that i can input it into a desktop publishing programme like Adobe Indesign. Simply doing a copy and paste from excel to InDesign only copies a screen-resolution image, which is, of course, useless. Most other graphing programmes have the option of exporting graphs as vector files, so i am hoping that excel is the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheer...

favorite folders disappear...
When I create favorite folders, they stay for the session but disappear when I exit outlook. I have to re-enter them again Thank Yo Peter W. ...

Changing layout to a CDialog
Hi to all. I'm trying to develop a CDialog subclass with to possible associated resource IDs, is it possible? I tried this code: CMyDialog dlg; dlg.Create(IDD_LAYOUT1); //create the dialog with first layout //... dlg.SetDlgCtrlID(IDD_LAYOUT2); //I want to change the layout, without to destroy the window and recreate it! dlg.UpdateData(FALSE); but nothing happens. What is wrong? Thanks in advance Bye Andrea Perhaps the CDialogTemplate class might be useful for what you are trying to do? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Acaccia" <andrea.cacciarru@~NOSPAM~email.it> w...

Previously permitted folders will not delete
Using Outlook 2000, I have found that when User A has been given permission to access User B's folder(s), then User B removes the permissions for User A to access the folder(s) any longer, User A's Outlook setup will still show User B's folder(s) in their list of accessible folders when in option File => Open => "folder". Is there a way to delete the no longer accessible folder from the list? Thx. Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292024&Product=out -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professiona...

Is there a tool for Exchange 2003 or 2007 to create Public Folder
Is there a tool for Exchange 2003 or 2007 to create Public folders as well as data within those folders for test purposes? thanks in advance On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:09:20 -0800, RP <RP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a tool for Exchange 2003 or 2007 to create Public folders as well as >data within those folders for test purposes? > >thanks in advance OUtlook is a good one. Its actually for performance purposes. I'm looking for a tool to create a large amount of test data. Is there a programatic way to do this through Outlook? "Andy David {MVP}&qu...

Date changes in data
I have a spreadsheet that has a date column which is required. The spreadsheet is then uploaded for a conversion into another software product we use. This date column is only for the year. When we enter the date such as 2010 and format the column as custom, yyyy, it will change the date to 1905. We have tried changing the format to text, general, all with the same outcome. Any suggestions? Thanks, Barb 2010 is not a date. Excel treats it as the serial number for the date of July 02, 1905 which is 2009 days after 1/1/1900 Why not just leave 2010 as is with no formatting?...

auto-signature changes format on reply
What causes an autosignature to change format on replies? I have one user who is using Outlook 2000. When he replies to email, his auto-signature changes from single spacing to double spacing and loses some of its formatting. I tried creating a new auto-signature using word as his email editor, but the signature still changes on replies. Any suggestions or fixes? Thanks! Joann ...

Problem Attaching File to Email
I have setup email, using CDO, in a database. I have incorporated www.lebans.com's code for creating a PDF. However, when I configure my CDO.Message object, I get an "Object doesn't support this property or method. Error Number 438" Here is the offending code. It is the .AddAttachment property. With iMsg .To = gblEmail1 .From = gblEmailFrom .BCC = gblEmailBCC .Subject = gblEmailSubject .Sender = gblEmailReply .ReplyTo = gblEmailReply .HTMLBody = gblEmailBody .AddAttachment = "c:\tsw\...

local cube files
I have a pivot table report that uses static data in a local cube file. I need to send out the report to others. Right now, when I send it to them, I have to send both the excel file and and the cube file. When they open the excel file, they have to go through a wizard to connect to the cube file. Is there any way to make this process easier for the end user? Is there someway I can move the data out of cube file into the excel file so the end users only need the excel file? If not, is there any way to have the excel sheet automatically load the cube file? Any suggestions appreciated. Thank...

.xls file after emailing
An .xls file was sent as an attachment via Outlook and the file was received as a .dat file. Happens every time. rename to .xls and the file is not readable. Any ideas on why this is happening and are there any fixes for that? Thanks in advance. Here's a previous discussion that might help: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3DADED36.83D9F2CC%40msn.com Brad wrote: > > An .xls file was sent as an attachment via Outlook and > the file was received as a .dat file. Happens every > time. rename to .xls and the file is not readable. Any > ideas on why this is hap...

Default file location
Where do I change the setting so that when I go to File - Open, this open a specific folder. I know how to change the dafault Save location, but this doesn't seem to be the same for the default File - Open location. Using either Excel 2000 or 2002 Thanks. The "at startup, open all files in" doesnt seem to work. >-----Original Message----- >In Excel, click Tools, Options, General tab and down near >the bottom of the screen is the Default File location. > > >>-----Original Message----- >>Where do I change the setting so that when I go to File ...

Finding the folder?
I used to use windowns 98se and was able to find the folder which contained the things for the outbox, sent items and such. I used to just delete those and it would erase all the stuff in the folders. I'm using windows xp and can't seem to figure out how to do it. Anyone know what folder they are in? Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching for pst-file. By default it is located in C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ You can also locate the file by using Rightclick the root folder (probably Ou...

Links do not work in junk mail folder
Dear readers: I've noticed that the hyperlinks do not work on the messages sent to my junk folder and also, the images are not available. If I un junk a message or drag it to my inbox, both of the former behavior is reversed. Why does this happen and how can I undo this. That's by design, as a security feture.=20 You've already found the solution -- moving the item to another folder.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 ...

Cannot make any changs on server
Every time I try and make a change, or publish something on my test server, I receive this error message "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator" I have set the web config file to give more details on errors, but it does not give anything more than this for the error. I cannot find any problems in the event logs of the servers. I have even restarted the, to no avail. Does anyone know what could suddently cause this problem? Hi Saira, In the web.config, did you change <add key="DevErrors" value="Off" /> from &...