captions / linked text boxes / call-outs. None of these do the jo

Hi

I want to link a piece of text to a textbox which I can then move around the
screen with an arrow attached between the text and the textbox.

Scenario
I have some text, I draw a textbox and arrow between the two.  I go further
up in the document type some text and the textbox, arrow and text all become
disconnected and I have to mess about for ages reconnecting them.

If you can recommend an add-in for this if the functionality is not within
Word itself.  Something similar to Visio (not a viso embedded doc as none of
the formatting is kept).

thanks

I also want the exact same functionality that captions provide except with
the additional formatting that text boxes provide.

Any help very much appreciated as I've struggled with this for YEARS!!!

"twistedinferno" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to link a piece of text to a textbox which I can then move around the
> screen with an arrow attached between the text and the textbox.
>
> Scenario
> I have some text, I draw a textbox and arrow between the two.  I go further
> up in the document type some text and the textbox, arrow and text all become
> disconnected and I have to mess about for ages reconnecting them.
>
> If you can recommend an add-in for this if the functionality is not within
> Word itself.  Something similar to Visio (not a viso embedded doc as none of
> the formatting is kept).
>
> thanks

Check Box Format
Is there a way to change the appearance of the check boxes. My form uses small font and the option box appearance shows up much better since it is blackened in (as opposed to the small check which barely shows up). Any help is greatly appreciated. The best way I can see to make the box show up colored when printing, if you right click on the check box and open the Format Control box. Click the Control tab (last one) and click on the Mixed radio button. that will make the check box shaded until the user checks the box so if you are printing the box will be dark. If you are creating the for...

can i create a modalless dialog box in worker thread.
hi guys, is it possible to create a modalless dialog box in the worker thread, actually we have try this but we got error that is" you cannot create object with new operator in the worker thread " but i don't know what is the actual reason behind this. actually i am trying to create a modalless dialog box from main dialog box and i want to perform openGL programing on both the dialog box in such a manner so that they do not collapse or crash each other because at one time only one rendering device context should reside in the memory if we want to create more then one device cont...

Excel sorting prob with Word links
1) thru the Edit\PasteSpecial\PasteLink function in Word, I have linked what I highlight in Word (a reference point) to a particular cell in Excel. 2) I plan to have several thousand such rows of data in Excel, each one linked to a particular location in what amounts to many different Word documents. 3) My intended goal is to be able to access a point in Word, by double-clicking the appropriate cell in Excel. So far, so good . . . it works. MY QUESTION/PROBLEM IS THIS: I desire to sort those eventual several thousand rows of data in Excel, each one with a link to a Word location, and ...

in box page lost send & rec. all?
On my in box page I had send and receive all with a drop down and it just went away. also on the contact page I had a look space at the top and that went away So I cant look up by name? Help J J W;146569 Wrote: > On my in box page I had send and receive all with a drop down and it > just > went away. also on the contact page I had a look space at the top and > that > went away So I cant look up by name? Help Did you try resetting the views? View menu, Toolbar, customize.. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP] Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www....

Linking Excel to Word
I am writing a monthly report in Word 2000 whose figures and charts come directly from Excel 2000. The excel model changes every month, and the changes must appear automatically in the Word report. So, the .xls and the .doc files have to be linked dynamically, with something like OLE or DDE. I would like to know what is the best strategy for linking the files, that gives the lowest overhead to Windows 2000 (at home Win XP), is not exposed to corruption problems and if possible, respects the original format of the excel file. I have tried: *** Strategy 1: In my Excel file I Shift/Edit/C...

Huge Spaces between Text Boxes
Can someone tell me how I can get rid of the huge spaces between text boxes? Have a look at http://www.jocknroll.co.uk/index_files/Charts.htm to see what I mean? It looks fine on Publisher but when I put in on to the Web there's these big gaps. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. Cheers Paul ...

Ecel opens document in a blank box.
I'm using Office XP. When I double-click a document Excel launches a blank document. The document will open successfully on other machines. The Security settings are set to low and the file is not passworded or encrypted. Any suggestions? Do you get a warning message: Cannot find.... If yes, then sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel...

Show and edit link table data using checkboxes
I have a form showing data on a given record. Each record is potentially linked to zero or more values in a lookup table. I'd like to be able to display the data in the link table by using checkboxes to show if a link exists and to create/delete records in the link table when the values of the checkboxes are changed. On Oct 2, 10:41 am, Dan Neely <dan.ne...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a form showing data on a given record. Each record is > potentially linked to zero or more values in a lookup table. I'd like > to be able to display the data in the link table by usin...

Unwanted Link Msgs & Errors
SInce I started Excel 2003, every time I open a workbook I get either a link update message immediately or I get a blinking title bar, which I now know means Excel has a link update message to give me. The message is something like: "This workbook contains links to other data sources. If you want to update . . ., etc" I'm running the same 30 or so workbooks (all linked together) that I've been using for about a year, and I NEVER got one of those messages from my previous version of Excel. When I go to the Links window, I see they have a nice box to check if I want the link...

clipboard message box
I get a message box when copying from one workbook to another via a macro saying that there is a large amount of data and do I want to keep it for use at another time How do I disable this message? Hi try adding the line application.displayalerts = false before this copy statement and the line application.displayalerts = true afterwards also add the line application.cutcopymode = false -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany juli wrote: > I get a message box when copying from one workbook to another via a > macro saying that there is a large amount of data and do I want to > k...

Combo box Subform Control Default
Apologies if this is here already - I can't seem to find it and I'm seriously stumped about how I do it. I'm working on a main form which has a combo box and a subform control. Depending on the option picked in the combo box, a different subform appears in the subform control. When you open the form however, there are just empty boxes. Is there a way to set a default subform to appear? I'm a bit of an access newbie so all help would be very much appreciated! Hi Hannah, here is a way to set the combo box to show the first record on the list. Me.[NameOfCombo]...

Recond Notes Master Table Not Linking to Customer Master Table Que
I am using Microsoft Dynamics 10.0 sample company TWO (Fabrikam, Inc) with M/S SQL Server 2005 to test a modification for a report. Basically all I need to do is show the Notes that were attached to the customer card on a receivables aging report ... pretty simply. Just add the "Record Notes Master" table to the tables for the report and drag the field into the desired section of the report. Problem is ... the "Record Notes Master" table never shows up as being available to link up to the Customer Master table even though the note has been added to the customer...

Overlapping text when entering Category name
Hi, I have a new Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager. (I don't use the BCM portion of the product.) When I attempt to add a new category, the text I enter completely overlaps, making it impossible to read what I typed. If I hit OK to add the category, it comes out correctly in the end. Now, this jumbled disease seems to be passing into other standard Outlook contact forms, usually where a pop-up window appears. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this and how to fix it? Thanks. "spaincell" <spaincell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Moving Mail box to different server
Hi all, i am using Exchange2k with latest Sp and roll pack in win2k environment . just now i setup another server, i want to move all the mail box from server 1 to server 2. from the active directory user and computers i select the exchange task and user which mail box i want to move to another server, but the destination area is not visible. please help how to do it... any help is highly appreciated. Thanks Diku (MCSE, CCNA) Are both servers in the same admin group? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...

Combo Box to select a record and populate fields in a form
I have created a form where I've created a combo box that has a drop down list of box numbers where I want to be able to select one box number and have it populate the other fields on the form. On the combo box, I have entered the following for "after update", but it doesn't allow me to select a record and doesn't populate any of the other fields for that record. Sub Combo74_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Me.Filter = "[BoxNo] = """ & Me.Combo74 & """" Me.FilterOn =...

How do I break the link between linked XL spreadsheets
I had this idea of creating a master template linked to all my other templates. Add the address to one and all of them would have the same address for example I have created the master template. When I update one template all the others get updated. I put the following in the cells. ='[AA-Master-RS-Calculator-ac.xls]Info'!E2 The problem is that when I save the new workbook created from the template it does not lock the data, the links are still alive. If I go to create a new workbook from the Master template with new information, it changes all the workbooks I created and saved. It ...

Outlook Express link goes directly to AOL
When clicking on a link in an email, the action tries to automatically open AOL Dial-up window even when already connected via a broadband connection. This only happens "on-the-road" when traveling for business. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve Look at your Internet Explorer options. On the Connections tab, be sure that "Always dial...." is NOT selected. bondg "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b0001c4ac16$9158f240$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When clicking on a link in an email, the a...

Form Caption Length
working in A97 ... supposedly Form Caption length max is 2048 characters --- mine is only allowing 110 characters .. any ideas why? Form Captions too long to be displayed are truncated by Access. The question to my mind is why in the world would you need a form caption as long as or longer than 110 characters? -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com 1) if HELP says the caption can be 2048 characters, than why the truncation .... especially since the FORM is 8 inches wid...

delet record from link table of SQL server
Hi,All I created a view in our SQL server database, which in the view I can delete a record according to the cascade delete relationship. Now, we would like to do it in Access database, so I created an ODBC link to our access database, from access database I tried to delete the record as well, I got the error message: ODBC-delete on a linked table 'dbo_vwSpecialConcerts' failed. [Microsofe][ODBC SQL Server Drive][SQL Server]View or function 'dbo.vwSpecialConcerts' is not updatable because the modification affects multiple base tables. (#4405). Any ideas to solve the pr...

how do I make the cell expand to fit my text as I type?
I merged some cells across the width of a spreadsheet and i can't get the cell to increase it's height as more text is typed in wraps around. Only way I know, is to move your cursor to between the row number of therow you want to adjust and the next row. The cursor changes shape into an up/down arrow. Click and drag till you see all. Double clicking will also not work "pnwwoman" wrote: > I merged some cells across the width of a spreadsheet and i can't get the > cell to increase it's height as more text is typed in wraps around. If cells are merged. ...

Add Record to Linked Table
Hi - help for a newbie I have 2 separate databases, one tracks work done for the company by various service providers, the 2nd database that I am creating tracks the tendering process for work to be done for the company by existing service providers as well as potential new service providers. The requirement is that once a tender has been awarded, that service provider name must be added to the first database (tracking work done). I need to do the following: when the tender is awarded, check wether the service provider exists in the 1st db, if not add their name to the 1st db. 1st db Name: ...

Unwanted Auto-Fill Options Box
Whenever I drag a cell down for Auto-Fill, I get an Auto-Fill options box. How do I get rid of this unwanted feature? Excel 2003. TIA, James Turn drag-and-drop editing on or off By default, drag-and-drop editing is turned on so you can drag the mouse to move and copy cells. This option can be turned off. On the Tools menu, click Options. On the Edit tab, do one of the following: To turn off drag-and-drop editing, clear the Allow cell drag and drop check box. To turn on drag-and-drop editing, select the Allow cell drag and drop check box. Tip To avoid replacing existing data in ot...

Convert all messages to plain text
Dumb question....is it possible to convert all incoming messages from the Internet to plain text? I'm getting a lot of HTML emails and I'd like to convert them all to plain text. I'm running Win2K, Exchange 2K3 SP1. Thanks On Thu, 4 May 2006 07:39:02 -0700, Jonathan <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dumb question....is it possible to convert all incoming messages from the >Internet to plain text? > >I'm getting a lot of HTML emails and I'd like to convert them all to plain >text. > >I'm running Win2K, Exchange 2K3 S...

Combo Box Filtering between Forms
Hello, I have a combo box (populated via query). I want to be able to make a choice in this then click a button. This would have the action of opening another form which has been filtered to show only records associated with this record. I've tried the way I think but I keep getting requests for 'parameters' Here is what I currently have: On frmMain I have a combo box which is populated with contents of query: SELECT [qryUnloggedRFW].[doc_number] FROM qryUnloggedRFW ORDER BY [doc_number] ; I then have this piece of VBA code: Private Sub Combo151_Aft...

Exporting folder contents to excel or text format
I am trying to export a list in data format of folder contents, does anyone have any sugestions? Several methods to accomplish this.......I like Tushar's best. To add a "Print Directory" feature to Explorer, go to this KB Article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q272623& Or you can download Printfolder 1.2 from..... http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/ I use PF 1.2 and find it to be more than adequate with custom features. OR Go to DOS(Command) prompt and directory. Type DIR >MYFILES.TXT All the above create a *.TXT...