Cannot send a large email. Says 'Operation failed'

I have been trying to send an email to seven people with two Word
attachments. However, my outlook say's Operation Failed.  I have send other
emails with no problems.

What does this mean.

It means you need to ask in an Outlook newsgroup.

"Sadiyah Muhammad" <Sadiyah Muhammad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D2C255B3-8E5B-43C9-9D8F-6B91574E2C7E@microsoft.com...
:I have been trying to send an email to seven people with two Word
: attachments. However, my outlook say's Operation Failed.  I have send
other
: emails with no problems.
:
: What does this mean.

0
No
6/4/2010 4:01:53 PM
How big are the attachments?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Sadiyah Muhammad" <Sadiyah Muhammad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D2C255B3-8E5B-43C9-9D8F-6B91574E2C7E@microsoft.com...
>I have been trying to send an email to seven people with two Word
> attachments. However, my outlook say's Operation Failed.  I have send
> other
> emails with no problems.
>
> What does this mean.

0
JoAnn

Can a retrieve a powerpoint presentation I failed to save?
I was wondering if I failed to save a powerpoint presentaiton I worked on is there anyway to find it somewhere in the computer On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:10:01 -0800, Dorothy wrote: > I was wondering if I failed to save a powerpoint presentaiton I worked on is > there anyway to find it somewhere in the computer You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever Office program you are using (PowerPoint). I would suggest you include your Windows and Office v...

CRM 3.0 Email Router for Exchange 2007
I know that there's an updated email router (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f7656f0f-4195-4a7d-b654-2786787e1422&displaylang=en) that provides support for Exchange 2007. But that router only supports running on an Exchange 2003 or 2000 server. Is there any update on when an email router might be released that supports a 2007 only environment? We have migrated off of 03, and would like to not have to keep that server around solely for this functionality. Thanks in advance. Rich Williams Amos Data Systems ...

Excel 2000 fail to open workbook

Having trouble sending email
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Have checked server settings, all seems OK (have not changed anything on my PC for this problem to occur) Where is the actual error message? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] ...

Problems creating a newsletter
I chose the form "Newsletter - email". I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do this? Am I correct when I say that it has to be html in order for me to send it as email? That is not one of the options. Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated. I am using 2003 Publisher. I created the book "Tri-Puzzles for Genesis - I"...

Emails in queue #2
Hello, I have exchange 2003 installed on windows 2003. The problem is as follows It seems to be working fine then all of a sudden the messages pending for submission starts to fill up and all the clients get a message in their outlook stating "outlook is trying to retreive data from the microsoft exchange server". The onky way to resolve this is by rebootong the computer. Any ideas? Thansk You need to identify where the performance bottleneck is. The following link should get you started http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/e2k3perf.mspx In a...

? Sending A Quit Message To End A Windowless Process
Hi, I need a way of prompting a process to shutdown. The process does not have any windows so I can't send it any messages like WM_CLOSE that require a window as a target. I searched the MSDN library through WM_QUIT, PostQuitMessage, WM_DESTROY, and various other functions but could find nothing I could use; I just ended up going in circles. Simply, I need a way of telling a windowless process to shutdown. How can I do that? Thanks. -- Alec S. alec <@> synetech <.> cjb <.> net If it doesn't have any windows, you can't send it a message....

Return email from non-exisiting mailbox
Hi, We use Exchange server 5.5. And somebody is using a non exisitng email address from our domain name (spamming). Now my administrator mailbox fills up with all kinds of returned email. Is there a way where I can have the email returned without it bouncing in the administartor's email box? Txs....John "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:48fe01c3e42a $28f6ad00$a501280a@phx.gbl: > We use Exchange server 5.5. And somebody is using a non > exisitng email address from our domain name (spamming). > Now my administrator mailbox fills up...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Store Operations - Reports
I run this report in Store Operations Manager and selected to Show Column 'Profit Margin' and saved as a memorized report. Tried to run the report and although profit margin column appears alright, the Overall Profit Margin does not look correct. I opened the underlying file 'Sales - Detailed Sales Report.qrp' and discovered the following definition for the column with fieldname 'ProfitMargin' GroupMethod = groupmethodAverage I think that getting the Average of the individual items Profit Margin to arrive at the overall Profit Margin for the selected rep...

new email notification doesn't work?
In Outlook 2003, I have the option set for the semi-transparent notification window to pop up when I get new email, but it never does. Is there something I'm not doing right? Does it only come up in certain situations? Btw, I'm using the regular Inbox with a POP3 account. -- John Salerno Do you have rules moving your email to folders after receipt? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searchi...

DPM 2010 Adding Resource Fails
I have a protection group that includes multiple Hyper-V VMs on a CSV. The DPM server has 2 SAN disks in the storage pool each being 2TB. DPM shows 2092.57GB of unallocated space but will not allow me to add any additional resources to the protection group. Throws the following error: Modify protection group: Hyper-V failed: Error 360: The operation failed due to a virtual disk service error Error details: VdsError:The specified disk extent size exceeds the size of free disk space. (0x80042515) Recommended action: Retry the operation. I just tried creating a new Protection Gr...

Sending email but outbox is empty
Hi NG, When I press send/receive Outlook shows in its status bar that it works on sending emails (Sending messages 1 of 4) but there is not mail in outbox. As a result I currently cannot send any other mails since Outlook keeps working on the 4 emails I don't see. Any ideas, I am clueless? - Thanks a lot for any help!!!! Dirk ...

set up email 07-14-10
hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is my Blackberry phone.everytime i try to set it up it comes back with all kinds of problems.my email on the phone works great,but i would rather have an account on my laptop.my phone is T-Mobile Blackberry Bold.i would be very thankful for any help. "Looster59" <Looster59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BE71BBC-D2DC-44F8-8C95-6F0810E00124@microsoft.com... > hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is > my > Blackberry phone.everytime...

cant send email 01-01-10
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: ', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have reeived email for a year with no problem but am now getting this message. Thanks for any help. "Joydow" wrote: > The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: ', Account: > 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, > Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013,...

after saving to cd many times. now says read only?
i have saved many times to my cd. i overwrite it almost daily (CD-RW) all of a sudden it now say's the file is read only. although i can still save to my hard drive? nsturre wrote: > i have saved many times to my cd. i overwrite it almost daily (CD-RW) all of > a sudden it now say's the file is read only. although i can still save to my > hard drive? Unless you have formatted your CDRW for packet writing, then yes, it will be Read only. CDROM = CD Read Only Memory! -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Just ...

Cannot send external email
We are running Exchange 5.5 and cannot send external email all of a sudden. My firewall folks tell me that there's a ton of messages sent from my domain using a null address and that's blocking everything from getting out. However I cannot see a buildup of outgoing messages in the MTS out queues. Has anyone encountered this before and what was/is the fix? Thanks, Steve Can you first verify connection to an external SMTP Server on Port 25? Can you then ping an external Exchange Server by Name? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner &...

Cannot read Base64 encoded emails (OL98)
Hello folks, I have a problem with one of my Outlook 98 machines. One user (Ironically the boss!) cannot read base64 encoded emails, they come up as garbage, which I then have to run through a Base64 decoder. Other users also use Outlook 98, but can read the emails fine. the problem affects the message text and encoded objects. Mail is coming from the same local server (602 ProLan Suite). The machine with the error is running build 8.5.7806.0. The other machines (Which read messages fine) are both running build 8.5.5104.6. This leads me to thinking that the problem is a result of a ...

Incoming Emails 01-15-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: pop Why am I suddenly getting the same emails sent to me over and over again whenever I log on? Every time I log on, I now get emails from last week that I've already received and even deleted. On 1/14/10 5:47 PM, in article 59bb0f88.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Trdwnds@officeformac.com" <Trdwnds@officeformac.com> wrote: > Why am I suddenly getting the same emails sent to me over and over again > whenever I log on? Every time I log on, I now get emails from last week that > I've al...

How do you set up a submit button to attach worksheet in email?
I am doing a form and I want to have a submit or send link on the bottom of the page. I know how to make hyperlinks but I dont know how to get it where when the user hits the send button it automatically saves that info and sends that form to the intended email address. Basically so you dont have to attach it yourself through email. Is there a way to do this? Have a look here for code to send mail http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on a...

Junk Mail filter is blocking my Contact emails...
Any ideas? I am using OL2003. I have "Also trust e-mail from my Contacts" checked on the Safe Senders tab of Junk Email Options window, however, on occasion, some mail gets put into the Junk Mail folder that originated from a Contact. Thanks. - Aaron ...

Outlook 2007 wont send emails when using contacts
If i select people in my contacts to send out an email, it wont send. It just gives me a parameter error. But, if i manually type the same email, it will work. I looked in the contacts, and the email addresses are correct. I did notice, however, that when i select a contact, outlook puts ' ' around the addresses. When i removed the ' ' it works. Could this be the issues? If so, how do i fix this? You didn't specify the method used for recipient selection. How were these Contacts created? Are their email addresses resolved? -- Russ Valentine "turbowrx...

Sending restrictions per user/group
I have a SBS2003 server, with Exchange 2003. I need to configure sending restrictions per user/group, i.e., this user can send mail only to these inside/outside address mails, other user only to another group of inside/outside address mails, etc. I read some posts about restrictions, and I think that I have to configure more than one SMTP connectors, each one with a group of outside address mails accepted, and with a group of users that send mail through it. Is this correct? Is there another way to configure this? Thanks in advance, -- Francisco Varona de Miguel Analista de Sistemas Eurosi...

CRM Exchange Email Router wont install
I have CRM server installed on machine "A", the DataBase on Machine "B" and now i want to install the Exchange Email Router on Machine "c". I was previosly installed on machine "C", it was uninstalled and now i get the following error when trying to reinstall on "C": --------------------------- Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router Setup --------------------------- One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator privileges on that server. Make sure that all servers are running properly and...