Cannot print document - Macros disabled - no macros!

I created a new document with just text.  When I attempt to print the
document I get a dialog box - "The macros in this project are disabled.
Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to
determine how to enable macros."

Enabling and disabling Word macros does not fix the problem.  How to I find
the cause of this problem?

Exit Word and then rename the normal.dot file (normal.dotm if you are using
Word 2007).

To locate normal.dot (normal.dotm), you can search via Windows Explorer. Be
sure to search hidden files and folders.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"edspyhill01" <edspyhill01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a new document with just text.  When I attempt to print the
> document I get a dialog box - "The macros in this project are disabled.
> Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application
> determine how to enable macros."
>
> Enabling and disabling Word macros does not fix the problem.  How to I
> find
> the cause of this problem?

0
Stefan
1/10/2010 1:54:00 PM
Note that you can start the Windows Find utility by holding the Windows key
and pressing F.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Exit Word and then rename the normal.dot file (normal.dotm if you are
> using Word 2007).
>
> To locate normal.dot (normal.dotm), you can search via Windows Explorer.
> Be sure to search hidden files and folders.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "edspyhill01" <edspyhill01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I created a new document with just text.  When I attempt to print the
>> document I get a dialog box - "The macros in this project are disabled.
>> Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application
>> determine how to enable macros."
>>
>> Enabling and disabling Word macros does not fix the problem.  How to I
>> find
>> the cause of this problem?

0
Stefan

Macro beginner
I have recorded a macro to set the active sheet to Landscape and enter my name in the left section of the footer as text and set the font size to 8. I have stored it in the Personal Macro Workbook. I use Excel 2003. I have gone into the VB Editor and deleted the parts of the Sub which I don’t need. It now reads: Sub LandscapeMyName() ' ' LandscapeMyName Macro ' Macro recorded 09/12/2005 by MyName ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+L ' With ActiveSheet.PageSetup ..LeftFooter = "&8MyName" ..Orientation = xlLandscape End With End Sub Years ago, in the anc...

Print Publisher Document Using Access
Can anyone suggest a method of using a Microsoft Access macro or another process to print a Microsoft Publisher publication? I'm using Publisher 2002 and Access 2002 (I know, dinosaurs!!!). Thanks! :) ...

Macro -duplex printing
I am trying to write a macro in a template (.dot) file to be used on around 2000 documents based on it. The macro has code to print duplex. The code is give below. I get error 'Unable to set shared printer settings' while trying to assign printersettings. Isnt it the same like changing the Duplex setting in the print->printing preferances? Please advice. Option Explicit Public Type PRINTER_DEFAULTS pDatatype As Long pDevmode As Long DesiredAccess As Long End Type Public Type PRINTER_INFO_2 pServerName As Long ...

Printing 1 of ? pages.
Is it possible to print two copies of the same sheet onto one sheet (A5 onto A4 size) and have each A5 sheet numbered 1 of 2, 2 of 2 even though thy are on one sheet. I can print one sheet at a time numbered 1 of ?, 2 of ? ... up to a number entered in cell I2 using:- Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet_() Dim CopiesCount As Long Dim CopieNumber As Long CopiesCount =Range("I2") For CopieNumber = 1 to CopiesCount With ActiveSheet .Range("C12").Value = CopieNumber & " of " & CopiesCount .PrintOut End With Next C...

Excel Macro to add "Page n of n"
Hi I am trying to create a little macro that will create a Page Header, containing "page n of n". I have used "record a macro" to create the macro. But, when I run the resulting macro, it gives an error "unable to set the leftheader property of the pagesetup class." What am I doing wrong? The macro is pasted below. Thanks Barry ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sub PageHeader() ' ' PageHeader Macro ' ' Range("A1").Select ActiveWindow.View = xlPageLayoutView...

Conflict Of Macros In Worksheet
Good Evening All, I seem to have a conflict of macros in a single worksheet. I have a simple event change that inserts todays date when 't' is entered: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Range("AK:AK"), Target) Is Nothing Then If Target = "t" Then Target.Value = Format(Now, "mm-dd-yy hh:mm:ss") End If End If End Sub This seems to work fine, however I have another pice of code, which is attached to a button and inserts rows: Sub CommandButton1_Click() &#...

printing from Excel data
Hi, Can anybody suggest some VB code that will allow me to select the LAST row of data entered into a worksheet and print just this info, example SMITH 123 JONES 456 JONES 897 SMITH 019 PAUL 876 PHIL 124 So I wish to select the last row of data ie PAUL 876 PHIL 124 and print this in a separate form already produced on a separate sheet Hope you can help regards Anthony wrote: > Hi, > Can anybody suggest some VB code that will allow me to select the LAST row > of data entered into a worksheet and print just this info, example > > > SMITH 123 JONES 456 > JONES 897 ...

print multiple mail with attachment
Outlook 2000 UK SR-1 Corporate or Workgroup. When selecting multiple mail with some attachment(word, excel) and some with out, the mail with attachments are not always printed together. There is none follow up line in printing. And I know that it became that Word have to start-up or Excel. But is there not a possibility that the mail with the attachment keep together when printing? You might want to take a look at this add-ins for that; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Print-On-Demand.asp?Source=RS or a more advanced one http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Auto-Print.asp?Sourc...

print only odd or even page
Is there a way to print only odd or even pages in Excel? There is such a feature in the Print dialog box of MS Word, but I don't see it in Excel. Any - simple - solution? Thx, Romain Romain, Excel doesn't have this capability. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Romain" <lerome@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0ca801c37dbc$9fcf1c20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to print only odd or even pages in Excel? > There is such a feature in the Print dialog box of MS > Word, but I don't see it in ...

Macro
Hi All, I currently have a huge macro that I use to import .asc files into excel for validation, and other things. This macro separates project accounts from non project accounts and performs a series of tasks on the project accounts. The project accounts can be differentiated from non project accounts because they all have an "X" in them... So, in my code, I first have to import the delimited data, set up column breaks, and then sort by my account column to get all of the account data at the bottom of the wkst...(code is already written for this, and I have been working o...

How to restrict printing access for users
Hello, I am new to shared databases and was wondering if there was a way to restirct users from printing specific reports? Thanks. You can use User-Level security: Security FAQ http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/SECFAQ.EXE Lynn Trapp's summarization: http://www.ltcomputerdesigns.com/The10Steps.htm KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q165009 http://download.microsoft.com/download/access97/faq1/1/win98/en-us/secfaq.exe http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=325261 Joan Wild's articles: http://www.jmwild.com/security02....

Printing Gantt Chart in Visio 2002
I think I have created a Gantt chart in Visio, or at least I can see one on the screen, but when I try to print I get only a page of lines. I expect it is a simple solution, but I can't seem to find it. Can anybody help? Hi, if the problem you experience is only with the gantt chart than I suggest to do a repair making sure no applications are running at the back ground while performing a repair in the page setiup/paper size do you have 'same as printer paper size selected'? is everything fine in the print preview? if yes , than it is almost certain a driver problem and ...

Unable to open embedded word document from Excel
Hi, I have Excel 2003 (SP3) installed on my computer. In an Excel file, I inserted a word object (created from file, display as icon) and the insertion worked fine. When I try to open my word document from Excel, nothing happens. No error message and the file doesn't open. It is like if my file icon is simply a draw. When I open the same Excel file with another computer(Excel 2003), I can open my word embedded object easily. In fact, I can insert Excel or txt object in Word document without any problem but everything I insert in Excel doesn't work (word, txt, et...

When printing a contact the other field (Notes) get cut off
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. <br> I have tried this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried a different printer also. Please help On 3/10/10 12:47 PM, mwilshrie@officeformac.com wrote: > Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. I have tried > this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried > a different printer also. Please help Can you post a picture of what you're de...

Print preview w/o doc/view architecture
Hi all, I have a project where the main interface is a dialog of property pages. I want to be able to produce a print preview from a button click where the preview contains printed output that is not on the dialog. More specifically, I have a chart on the page but the data that produces the chart is not on the page. The printout contains the chart and the data. I can print the reports just fine but I am having trouble getting the print preview to work. I have tried to implement the PrinterJob class as described by Kah Hoe on CodeProject but it does not work correctly. The example proj...

Old business card that will not print to Avery s8371 template
I have an old business card designed previously in Publisher. I can not print to an Avery S8371 template in Publisher 2007. How do I correct this problem? The printing does not correspond to the pref. lines in the template. Use one of the pre-formatted Avery templates. They are all the same... 2.5 x 3. Open your old file, copy/paste into the new. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jeff B" <Jeff B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:778BCC52-9801-4C83-9630-7125D4ACD255@microsoft.com... >...

Hi all need to know how-to make protected areas within a document that won't change no matter what!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel hi all, i am editing dozens of similar documents each week that all have a template like format but there is nothing to prevent me from messing it up while editing. for example, take this snippet: <h2>EVOCOTIVE TITLE FOR YOUTUBE MOVIE USE KEY PHRASE ONCE</h2> <center> <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H2MpyODTLnY&hl=en&fs=1 <http://www.youtube.com/v/H2MpyODTLnY&hl=en&fs=1>"><...

Printing Color-Coded Worksheet in Black & White Mode in Excel 2003
I work with farily complex Excel worksheets which require print outs as both hard copy and PDF. I normally keep the formatting as they are and select [Black and White] in [Page Setup] [Sheet], as this preserves the integrity of the financial model while printing out a clean copy for the enduser. However, this function basically converts everyting color-coded to black & white, including cell shading patterns; I normally accentuate certain important cells by shading them in black and using a white font color. While I want the output to be black & white, I do want to preserve this p...

Macro to cpy data from one wrkbk and append to a sheet in another wrkbk
I know this type of question has been asked many times so far, so apologise for another along the same lines. However, I have copied and hacked and chopped and pasted and change various examples in an attempt to do something that I thought would b rather simple. Each day, we send offsite 200 odd backup tapes, which we have barcode and scan into a spreadsheet. Each day, we receive 200 odd backup tapes, which we scan into anothe spreadsheet in the same workbook. The data in each page is over written daily. The sent data is in a sheet called "Today's movements" and go fro cel...

Print Setup for Multiple Spreadsheets
How do I set up multiple spreadsheets in a workbook to all have the same page setup? Thanks George, With the sheet that has the correct settings active, right-click on the sheet tab and select "Select All Sheets", then use File/Page Setup and immediately click OK (don't change anything). Click on some other worksheet to get you out of "Group" mode and you'll also notice that all sheets have the same page settings! -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 97 & 2000 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benef...

opening document freezes PC
I have a four-page document with a table and many URLs. Whenever I open it, it freezes my PC for two minutes and the document itself stays frozen for five minutes. Just that one document or all documents? I'm guessing it is just that one document: it must be partially corrupt. Try using the Open & Repair option to see if it sorts the problem. If that fails, open it and then SaveAs and choose HTML format. Close it, reopen it and SaveAs back as .doc format. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

macros #5
i needed a program to set up number combinations and somebody gave me one my only problem is i dont know how to use it i cut and pasted it to visual basic and now i dont know what to do Joel provided two subs......the Sub Cominations() which runs Sub recursive(ByVal Level As Integer, ByVal Position As Integer) Since you're not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for more on "getting started". http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In the meantime.......... First...create a backup copy of your original workbook. To create a General...

Macro to save & replace & open txt file
Hi, I want you help to do Macro to save data for example A1 to A7 in txt file and in same time if press the button 2 time the file replace all date with new dat. also when i press the but and afte load the data it will lunch auto BR You may want to start by recording a macro when you do it manually. You may have a macro that works or needs very little tweaking. You can post back with your questions, then. I don't understand the second question. M.K wrote: > > Hi, > > I want you help to do Macro to save data for example A1 to A7 in txt file > and in same time if pr...

Printing #5
Dear all, I have a laser color 5500, while printing from OL2003(in any format RTF, HTML or Plain) the first 1 or 2 charecter form each line is printing some where in the middle of the page. How can I correct this? - I have updated the printer driver OL patches , but still same? any help appreciated? Regards Anver ...

Getting attachments to print
Hey guys, I can't figure out why I'm not printing Attachments in Microsoft Outlook. Under Printing and Memo Style I have the "Print attached files" box checked off. But for some reason I'm not able to make attachments print and show up in my printed emails. Anyone know what other check box I'm missing? Thanks, Russ ...