Cannot copy & paste to a mailing label template

I downloaded a Christmas label template from Microsoft Office Word.  After
deleting "Name, Address, etc." which was on each label on the page, I then
typed our address on one and tried to copy & paste so that we could have a
whole page of return address labels.  I just couldn't get it to work.  Any
suggestions?

Rather than starting with a full sheet of blank labels, why not use the
label wizard?

Can you explain "just couldn't get it to work"?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Problems with label templates" <Problems with label
templates@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded a Christmas label template from Microsoft Office Word.  After
> deleting "Name, Address, etc." which was on each label on the page, I then
> typed our address on one and tried to copy & paste so that we could have a
> whole page of return address labels.  I just couldn't get it to work.  Any
> suggestions?

0
JoAnn
12/14/2009 11:32:05 PM
Use the macro at the end of http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm to
duplicate the labels.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Problems with label templates" <Problems with label
templates@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded a Christmas label template from Microsoft Office Word.  After
> deleting "Name, Address, etc." which was on each label on the page, I then
> typed our address on one and tried to copy & paste so that we could have a
> whole page of return address labels.  I just couldn't get it to work.  Any
> suggestions?

0
Graham

Unable to delete "sent" mail from folder
I am running Outlook 2000. Currently my Sent mail folder is approx. 58 meg. I am unable to delete or archive "sent" messages from as far back as October 2001. I get the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error". This only happens in this folder. I suspect it may relate to relocating my .pst files from the server to my local folder "c:/docs&settings/myusername/local settings/application data/microsoft/outlook". Or it could relate to migrating from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2000 (which occured before I moved the .pst file). Any thoughts?...

Mailing Groups of persons in CRM
I would like to make account's member of groups, or make contact's members of groups. In that case I can would like to send e-mails to groups instead of mailing to account's or contact's. How can I Arrange that? Peter, CRM does not have a "contact group" feature as you will find in ACT! or other SFA products. But, you can simulate this functionality with a custom field. (The only drawback is that each salesperson can't create their own.) But this works fairly well: Create a picklist, let's call it "Group". Add the values you want. (Of cour...

Junk Mail Filter Will Not Update
Automatic updates have never worked for me and none of the issues cited are relevant. Downloaded SP1 update and installed manually (message indicated successfully). Site indicated I should update the Junk Mail Filter for Outlook as well. Downloaded the update file for manual installation but when executed I receive the following message "The Expected Version of The Product Was Not Found On Your System". What now? What is your version of Outlok when you choose Help-> About? Did you use this update? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d8ded71e-89ed-4473-...

stop SR-1 messages
does anyone have a way to stop SR-1 messages - program trying to access e-mail when another program gets address from outlook to send mail. On 2000 server using Outlook 2000 SR-1. Does upgrade to SP3 give more customizing to block these popups? Not really. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:01f301c3d556$f42d7770$a401280a@phx.gbl, Gary Louis...

Exporting Outlook mail to another machine to synch email
Outlook 2003 Assume ComputerOne and ComputerTwo use the identical mail server. I want to synch the email on both machines. Say I delete all the email on ComputerTwo. I export Outlook mail from ComputerOne and import it into Computer2. After the import, ComputerTwo email should be in synch with ComputerOne. However, when ComputerTwo goes to the mail server, it downloads duplicates of what is already there. Outlook does not seem to recognize that it already has a given email from the mail server. Is there a way to prevent duplicates from being downloaded? Thanks Don't use export ...

help setting up windows mail
Hello! I am trying to set up my windows mail using an @live.com e-mail address, yet I cannot find the POP and/or STMP information for @live addresses anywhere. What do I enter in these two fields? Thank you in advance! To follow up with more information about my problem, I found the site: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry?sa=115122547 I thought I would be all set to go. I used the POP3 name of: pop3.live.com (Port 995) When I leave the (Port 995) on it, it says it is an invalid POP account. When I do it without the (Port 995), ...

outbound e-mail goes to outbox first
We have just had one of our computers serviced to 'close' a door that was open and loading us up with viruses. After bringing the cpu back and reconnecting, we went to e-mail and everything I send out goes to the outbox first and then I have to 'send/receive' from the outbox which is time consuming and annoying. Is there anyone out there that can give a 'not highly computer literate' person a helping hand? What version of Outlook? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -...

Can't send or receive e-mails from "client" network computers
I have a small peer-to-peer network of three computers, and use MS Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627) as my e-mail program. All computers are XP (SP2). I've recently had to reinstall my setup following a system glitch on the host machine. Everything is fine, except for one thing. I can neither send nor receive e-mails from the two client machines. I can access the central address books, Personal Folders etc. without any problem; just can't actually send or receive via the client computers. If I try to send or receive from the clients, after a few moments searching I get "The POP3 /...

E-mail Psuedo-names
I have a large mailing list of 200 people. I need to send this list to another E-mail account of mine without addressing the 200 members. If I cut and paste the names into WORD or any other application, the actual E-mail addresses do not open up. I can expand the names to reveal the actual @.com address, but I can not capture this to get it into another E-mail account. Anyone know a trick? Thanks -- JackVa1 On Thu, 21 May 2009, JackVa1 wrote: > I have a large mailing list of 200 people. I need to send this list to > another E-mail account of mine without addressing the 200 memb...

Format pasting using keyboard shortcuts
Hi, I am working on a Spreadsheet project where I have to use the keyboard to Copy & Paste a Format from one cell to another. Does anyone know how this can be done. In Word to Copy & Paste a Format it is CTRL Shift C, CTRL Shift V which does not appear to be the case in Excel. Regards, Lynda Hi Griff not as easy as Word but Control & C to copy Alt & E then S then T and enter to paste format (personally, i would use the format painter icon on the standard toolbar) -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway &quo...

Can't send outgoing mails from exchange 2000
I just change from an ISP mail server to serve mail froma my own organization. I can send and receive email inside my domain and I can receive from any other domain. The problem is I can't sent to any one outside my domain. In the SMTP queue you can see the message stuck with the message: "Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS". I have a Domain Controller that is a DNS server, an Exchange Server that is a Domain Controller and DNS server and an ISA Server 2000. Can somebody help me? Thanks, Manuel Marte Manuel Marte <ManuelMarte@discussions.microsoft.com>...

copy spaced cells to different spacing
On one tab I have formulae in every 4th row that I want to copy onto another tab where I want the same formulae every 2nd row. The rows in between these formulae are not blank. How do I best do this? Derrick You can use code like the following: Sub AAA() Dim Source As Range Dim Dest As Range Dim LastCell As Long Dim WS As Worksheet Set WS = Worksheets("Sheet1") '<<< source of data Set Dest = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1") '<<< destination of copy With WS LastCell = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Set Sour...

Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810) 08-21-10
Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810) Hi, is it known that in this build that regadless the language chosen, the spelling feature does not work. Here is greyed out and not clickable. Any idea or solution? Regards Carlo -- Intel E8400 C2D 3.0 GForce 8600 GTS 512 4GB DDR2 6400 PC 800 Samsung Spin Point F1 320GB Windows 7 Premium 64-bit Are you checking spelling as you type? Is spelling greyed out in a composition window? -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "bimbobo" wrote in message news:4881E07C-28E3-4282-A605-73500A506B41@microsoft.com...

Backing up my mail
Greetings, How can I backup my mail to another location - hard disk, memory stick CD or other ? I was able with XP (have now 7) to save each mail received and save on an external disk and still read it from there ! Can Window live do the same thing and how can i fdo it ? A hard disk crash is always possible, and I will loose everything ! Thanks How to Backup Windows Live Mail Accounts, Contacts and Messages http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!174.entry?wa=wsignin1.0&sa=485040387 To read messages on a CD, flash, etc, you can create folders o...

E-Mail Router Setup 12-10-03
I am trying to install the CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router setup on my exchange server after I installed the CRM server successfully and I am recieving the error message "One or more of the Microsoft CRM Servers you listed is invalid". I tried my CRM NetBIOS name FQDN and nothing works. What is the fix for this. Thanks in Advance Len Try using an up address "Len" <lcampbell@pennsys.com> wrote in message news:1144301c3bf5c$d0dd8220$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to install the CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router > setup on my exchange server after I installed the CR...

E-mail router, coexist with CRM 1.2 router?
Hi. I have a customer, that already have CRM 1.2 installed. We will install CRM 3.0 in the same AD, but in another OU. The e-mail router for CR 1.2 is installed on the front end exchange server. Can I install the e-mail router for CRM 3.0 on the same exchange server? NIls-Petter ...

can i send e-mail so that when it's opened it displays a web page
I'm trying to do some e-marketing. Can i use Outlook to send an e-mail so that when the recepient opens the mail it displays a web page? Have you tried simply using an HTML mail item? I'm sure these people have opted-in to receive ads from you, correct? "RJCottrell" <RJCottrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9B2DB57-7A35-49C8-8C42-38237A4A8A14@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to do some e-marketing. Can i use Outlook to send an e-mail so > that when the recepient opens the mail it displays a web page? RJCottrell <RJCottrell@discussi...

Existing E-mails Disappeared
When I opened Outlook all of my e-mails were completely gone from one of my inboxes. I have 5 total inboxes, but only one of the boxes was completely cleared out. Very important e-mails in there, all are gone. Nothing in Archives or Deleted, not quite sure where they went. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Paste Special Default
Most often if not always when I use Paste Special in Excel 2003, I want to use the Value option. The default is All. Is there any way I can change the default to Value? Thank you. No You could assign a macro to a button. Sub Paste_Values() Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, _ Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _ :=False, Transpose:=False Application.CutCopyMode = False End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 06:03:50 -0500, "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote: >Most often if not always when I use Paste Special in ...

Mail Merge 07-08-07
In Word I select the Table that has two fields. The ID number and a list of names. When I merge it into a letter the ID number comes up instead of the name that I want. How to I get it to recognize the right field? I've tried to make the name the primary key but it still does not show up in the preview the letter as anything but a number Help. This should be a piece of cake. R Just a guess, but I'm suspecting that the table may have a lookup field defined. Lookups defined at the table or query level art thy creation of the evil one. For more information on this topic, please see...

Can't find size for 60 return labels in Publisher 2003
I can't find a way to create a custom label size in Publisher 2003 from page setup, layout page. I downloaded the Word version for Avery 5195 labels which are 2/3" x 1 3/4" with 60 on a page. When I try to Import Word document, it says Publisher is converting file, and then I get error Publisher cannot open the file. I have Word 2007 and Publisher 2003. Is there something I can do to get Publisher to let me use this size? I would rather create the labels in Publisher than Word if possible. Thanks, -- Denise Forsythe Are all the labels going to be the same? Page setup, ...

HOW TO SEND E-MAIL VIA EXCEL
Hi All, I am quite comfortable with Excel. But, I want to take the matter to extrem. I have list of over six thousand documents generated by various users. I have e-mail address as one of the field in database. Once a batch of documents is released I want to send E-mail to concerned users. Is it possible with Excel? We have Outlook in our office. I AM NOT INTERESTED USING (FILE -> SEND TO) OPTION OF Excel. Nimish Parikh try Public Sub Sent() ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Recipients:=Range("a1") End Sub where A1 = email address "NIMISH" <parikhnd@yahoo.com> wr...

Creating template with company logo
I was asked to create a template with the company logo and/or standard text. Can someone tell me how I can do this on a exchange 5.5 server? Thanx, Paul Hi Paul, "Papl35" <papl35@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:41ecec44$0$53829$abc4f4c3@news.euronet.nl... >I was asked to create a template with the company logo and/or standard >text. > Can someone tell me how I can do this on a exchange 5.5 server? for step one you may use mspaint or something ;-) if you want to add a disclaimer to every mail, this might be the right article for you: http://support.m...

Loop mail through virtual SMTP servers
In order to get the SMTP sink to work on mail sent with a MAPI client, Microsoft recommends that a second virtual SMTP server is implemented. But, the KB article as to how to do this have been removed. I've found the text at the bottom of this message on the Internet, but can't really get it to work. The mails get stuck in an internal loop, and never reaches their destination. The idea is to loop the mails one extra time through another virtual SMTP server on the same machine. Any kind of help would be apprechiated. 1. Create a second instance of the SMTP Virtual Server on yo...

template task pane opens when work book opens
I have a check registery template and every time the workbook is opened the help task pane pops up on the right side. The vba code for the work book must be hidden nothing shows up in the VBA project. How can I get the help task pane from opening every time I open the workbook? ...