Can't set default font for envelopes - Office07

I've been able to set default fonts for Normal.doc but envelopes keeps
forgetting the default.

While in Mailing/Envelopes - I highlight and right click on the address I
entered. I select the font I want (Trebuchet MS) and select DEFAULT at bottom
left.  The message:  "You are about to change the default font to (Default)
Trebuschet MS,.  Do you want to change to affect all new documents based on
the Normal Template?"

I select YES -

It doesn't work.  And the Normal.docx has alread had the default set to
Trebuchet MS. and seems to be holding.

An earlier post recommended deleting the Office12 Options in the registry
which I did without positive results.

Thoughts?

Modify the Envelope Address style (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styles/ModifyAStyle.html).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:10:01 -0700, stumped-in-excel
<stumpedinexcel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've been able to set default fonts for Normal.doc but envelopes keeps
>forgetting the default.
>
>While in Mailing/Envelopes - I highlight and right click on the address I
>entered. I select the font I want (Trebuchet MS) and select DEFAULT at bottom
>left.  The message:  "You are about to change the default font to (Default)
>Trebuschet MS,.  Do you want to change to affect all new documents based on
>the Normal Template?"
>
>I select YES -
>
>It doesn't work.  And the Normal.docx has alread had the default set to
>Trebuchet MS. and seems to be holding.
>
>An earlier post recommended deleting the Office12 Options in the registry
>which I did without positive results.
>
>Thoughts?
0
Jay

Default values
Is there a file for Excel 2000 that serves the same function as normal.dot for Word ?? I want to set my Excel to factory defaults. -- Jerry Fortenberry Jerry *.XLB is basically the equivalent. It holds your Menus & Toolbars customizations. I believe for XL2000 this file would be named Excel9.xlb Some settings from Tools>Options are saved in the Registry so these would have to be changed in Tools>Options. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:54:14 -0600, "Jerry Fortenberry" <jerryf@ripgriffin.com> wrote: >Is there a file for Excel 2000 that se...

How do I calculate escalation rates using dates and a set value
If I have a projected that needs to be escalated using start and completion dates by a certain percentage per year, how do I write the formula. For example if my project starts May 26, 2010 and lasts until may 26 2014 I want to add escalation to midpoint at 4% per year. ...

Cannot print Shaded fonts
I'm pretty sure I've done this hundreds of times, maybe in older versions of Excel, but when I pick a greyscale shade for font colors, the printer prints and preview shows it as black 100%. Windows XP pro, Excel 2002, HP laserjet 4 Can't seem to find any setting that is preventing this. Thanks, Buddy G Hi Buddy, applies per worksheet: File, Page Setup, Sheets, turn off Print Black & White Also look at disability option Q320531 -- OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed, Incorrect/missing colors may occur with use of High Contrast under Displa...

Setting up Yahoo account in Outlook Express
My question is about: How do I configure Outlook Express for POP access? ISP: I'm on a server at work Email Client: Outlook Express Type your feedback here: I can receive, but not send my Yahoo! email. I have followed the instructions exactly to setup an account on my Outlook Express 6 and my Outlook 2003 at work. Error messages from OE are as follows: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Yahoo', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Thanks for your help. I'm gi...

setting up multiple profiles
I just installed Outlook 2007. My husband has one comcast account and I have two. We need to be able to use Outlook for these. I have tried to set up my two emails using POP3, but they both come into the same inbox. Please help!!! Thanks, http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sortmail.htm For 2007 specific, scroll to bottom "07Jackie66" <07Jackie66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B3FA5C6-23DD-4314-BB9D-F46CE3E22D1C@microsoft.com... >I just installed Outlook 2007. My husband has one comcast account and I >have > two. We need to be able to...

Default layout guides
Is there a way to set the default layout guides so that any time I open publisher they are preset? Thanks! Nancy You could create a template. Do your layout guides, save as Publisher template. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45BA5C59-9B80-4607-8CB9-CF4FFFF881F5@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to set the default layout guides so that any time I open > publisher they are preset? > > Thanks! > Nancy > Ah yes I guess I could do that. I would like to just be ab...

Microsoft Outlook as a default for email
Hi Just bought new laptop and installed Office XP. Cannot get it to work or recieve any emails and or import contacts form old files. Any one looking to help me please. John >Just bought new laptop and installed Office XP. Cannot >get it to work or recieve any emails and or import >contacts form old files. Please give some symptoms. What happens when you try? What error messages display? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and...

Automatic Calucalation Default
I've read the previous threads regarding the default calculation setting returning to "Manual" I do use personal.xls for storing macros and suspcet this is related. The expert advice was to open Personal.xls to start the excel session and change the calculation setting to automatic. Unfortunately, personal.xls does not have a worsheet associated with it, therefore "options" is not available on the tools menu. Please advise. You could add a workbook, change the calculation. But if you close that temporary workbook, I think (I don't recall for sure) that ex...

Default Paper Sauce Setting
Currently in the Excel of my computer, the defult paper setting is "Manual Feed", so each time before printing something I have to select the "Auto Feed", or select the tray number, or push the green button on my printer. My printer is HP LaserJet 4050TN. I want to change the "Auto Feed" as the paper sauce for my Excel. Thanks. I believe you right click on your Printer and choose Printing Preferences and make the change there. It should stay in whatever config. you choose. >-----Original Message----- >Currently in the Excel of my computer, the defult pa...

How do I set up a URL address to send and recieve e mail?
I'm using Outlook 2003. How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e mail from Microsoft Web Access? It has a https URL. -- Thank You James P Murphy Outlook's WebDav (HTTP) protocol doesn't support HTTPS urls. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050322.htm -- "J Murphy" <JMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D0201CB-113B-44C6-946B-206C3AAF069D@microsoft.com... > I'm using Outlook 2003. How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e > mail > from Microsoft Web Access? It has a https URL. > -- > Thank You...

Deletion settings
In Exchange System Manager Mailbox Store Properties, I set the deletion settings to keep deleted items for 0 days which I understand should remove the mailbox as soon as it is deleted. Mailboxes that have were deleted days ago still appear in Exchange System Manager. What can the problem be? "Carl" <schroec(remove this)@hpd.nyc.gov> wrote: >In Exchange System Manager Mailbox Store Properties, I set the deletion settings to keep deleted items for 0 days which > I understand should remove the mailbox as soon as it is deleted. Mailboxes that have were deleted days ago ...

no envelope in systray
have outlook 2002 that is for pda. the proper box is checked off to allow envelopes in systray, but they have stopped. any ideas? Windows XP? Make sure the Notification is configured to always show; 1.. Start-> Control Panel-> Taskbar and Start Menu-> button Customize... 2.. Find the envelope and click on the dropdown list and configure it from "Hide when inactive" to "Always show" 3.. Press OK twice to close the open windows -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads ...

Header Default
When i want to choose a header to install on my document, i would like my default company document header to be a choice. I did not see an exact way to create this option. I have the header and cut/paste would be great if available and then to save it. What would the steps be to accomplish this? Thank You all. See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 17:43:01 -0800,...

How do I set the focus for a field after new (blank) record ?
Hi When I click the "new (blank) record" icon at the bottom of a form, the cursor disappears. How can I make the cursor go to the first field on the form like it does when I first go to the form. Thanks in advance Mark Thornblad Use the form's Current event to run a macro that contains the GoToControl action, and use that to set the focus to the desired field. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> <mthornblad@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7aa0f3c-adbc-4f30-8e2b-f82b121f5876@a28g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > When I click the "new (bla...

Set up second POS. Urgent!!!
Our company has one set of hardware to run MS RMS for two months so far. It works well. We want to add second POS now. After I installed RMS to another PC and connected to the same database, I tried to start this POS. There is an error as following: " A software license violation has been detected. Register 1 is already active" I think the license we bought is good for two locations. Really appreciate your help. If you have already purchased a license for a second register, then you should be able set up the 2nd register by: 1. Go into store manager on the working regi...

change all controllers' font in a dialog
Env: WindowsXP, VC+6.00 There are any easy ways to change all controllers' font in a dialog(NOT one by one)? TIA William If you mean to change font for the controls in a dialog, you can enumerate over all the children of the dialog and call SetFont on each of them(Use EnumChildWindows). Another option is to use SendMessageToDescendants. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "William" <port@mx15.freecom.ne.jp> wrote in message news:u0W39WplHHA.4848@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Env: WindowsXP, VC+6.00 > > There are any easy ways to change all contro...

Any way to change default FIND options?
When I do a CTRL+F to find information, the OPTIONS always is set to Look In Formulas. Is there any way to get is to default to Look In Values? thanks. One way: Put this in the ThisWorkbook module of your Personal.xls workbook (or any other workbook in the XLStart directory): Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim result As Range Set result = Sheets(1).Cells.Find( _ What:="", _ LookIn:=xlValues) End Sub Find options are persistent, whether done in the GUI or in VBA, so doing a find will set the LookIn value for the next search. In ...

capturing and setting screen resolution in VBA
Is there a way to capture the user's screen resolution, and then set it to a different value in VBA? I have tried unsuccessfully to get all of my users to set their monitor resolution no lower than 1024 x 768, but there are some holdouts that insist on keeping theirs at 800 x 600. Some of them still have 17" monitors, and with that limited amount viewing area, it's difficult to design the forms small enough that they don't have to scroll around to view the entire form. If it were possible to capture and reset the screen resolution, I would first check to see if they&#...

changing default font size
Hi How can i change the default font size in C++? when i use the TextOut function in MFC, the font size and colour is already a default. How can i change that? Ellie Creat a CFont object and use the CreateFont method to create the desired font. Then use CDC::SelectObject to select the CFont object and you're done. ...

how to set disclaimer font size
I'm using Exchange 2003 front server. We set up the disclaimer following KB317680 and it works fine. Now, I am asked to make the font size to Arial 8 as it displayed. How to set up that for both text and html using the vbscript? Thanks. ...

How to Default to Disconnected or Offline with Exchange Server
I would like to control my email by only getting it when I hit send/ receive. Is there a way to have Outlook to default to "disconnected" or "Offline" with the exchange server? "mtbcpa" <mtbcpa@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:90fcdf34-1cf9-4a0a-a229-4fdc647839da@v23g2000pro.googlegroups.com... >I would like to control my email by only getting it when I hit send/ > receive. Is there a way to have Outlook to default to "disconnected" > or "Offline" with the exchange server? In an Exchange environment, Exchange pushes informa...

Default Tabs Question
Hi, We have Windows XP and Word 2003. We got a document from another party and noticed that the default tab sets are gone (there are no "hash" marks identifying the default tab stops every .05" on the ruler bar). I know one solution is to copy the document into a new blank Word document. I know we could also go into Format - Tabs and reset the Default Tab Stops at every .05" -- but I would have to select the entire document first. Is there a way I can restore Word's default tabs by going into, for example, Normal Style? Basically, I am just l...

Default pricelist
Is it possible to have a default value in the pricelist field (pricelistid)? In our company we don't use the pricelist, because we have about 10.000 products. I have created a default pricelist. Everytime I create a new product in the pricelist - for instance "price project x" You can set the pricelist by using javascript when opening the product form. Keep in mind that you should only fill this field when the formtype is set to create. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "Harm Vestjens" wrote: ...

SRS Default reports currency and date format
Hi there I have installed the SQL Reporting Services default reports supplied by Microsoft, which is very useful for the customer. However, I would like to know how to I change the date format and currency symbol on the reports. It currency displays the currency as '$', but we are in South Africa and the the date format to dsiplay dd/mm/yyyy and the currency to be 'R'. My regional settings are set correctly and the data within Dynamics displays correctly. Regards Robin Robin, You will need to change the Properties of the fields in question on the report itself. Ope...

Item not selected by default when changing folders
It used to be that I would change folders and the first item (contact, e-mail, whatever) would be selected/highlighted. I must have changed something though because now when I change folders, no item is selected. This is a real pain when I try to do a quick lookup of a contact (where you just type the first few characters), because I have to use my mouse to first highlight one of the contacts, and then start typing. Any ideas? Thanks. ...