Can't open office documents from my emails until word is openned f

When I try to open a word document or excel spreadsheet that is saved as an
attachement to an email, I get the message:
Windows cannot find ‘c:/users/mona/appdata/local\microsoft\windows\temporary
internet files\low\content.IE5\SB2EHHFL\xxx[1].xls\’ Make sure you typed the
name correctly, and then try again.

If I open Word or Excel before clicking on the attachement to open it, then
it works. This problem only happens when using my laptop which is running
Windows Vista and office 2007. I do not have any problems with this on our
desktop which is running XP and office 2003.

Word is actually doing you a favor, because if you edit a document that you
opened directly from an attachment and then save, the edits will usually
disappear. See http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm.

You should always save the attachment as a real document in a real folder,
and then open that document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Mona wrote:
> When I try to open a word document or excel spreadsheet that is saved
> as an attachement to an email, I get the message:
> Windows cannot find
> 'c:/users/mona/appdata/local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet
> files\low\content.IE5\SB2EHHFL\xxx[1].xls\' Make sure you typed the
> name correctly, and then try again.
>
> If I open Word or Excel before clicking on the attachement to open
> it, then it works. This problem only happens when using my laptop
> which is running Windows Vista and office 2007. I do not have any
> problems with this on our desktop which is running XP and office 2003.

0
Jay

Set up email accout in Outlook 2003
I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my email. How do I do this? do you have outlook configured to receive email from cox high speed or have alread done this? "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D86EB69-B86B-4A1A-808E-79AE12FA833F@microsoft.com... > I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my > email. How do I do this? Follow the instructions your ISP provides. This is not an Outlook question. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Karen" <Karen@discussi...

Out of office in exchange server 5.5
Hello, Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather than at the client's machine? Because if the client's machine is off, there will not be any replies sent. I am using the internet mail connector in exchange server 5.5. Thank you See reply to your later post in here. leo wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather > than at the client's machine? Because if the client's machine is off, > there will not be any replies sent. I am using the internet mail > connector in exchange server 5.5...

Excel 2003 when closing Excel after having opened a project locked for viewing.. password prompt???
I've got a spreadsheet which the project is locked for viewing with a password. When you open the spreadsheet it pulls data from quickbooks and creates a report. This all works fine, but when you close excel for some odd reason it prompts for a password twice. It doesn't matter if you have closed the workbook already (ie: no workbook open at all). Seems people had a similar problem with Google Desktop installed, but I don't have that (and never have)... also with some google search tool whicfh I also do not have. Any suggestions? Thanks. ...

Office Outlook 2007
In Task section, when you click on your client and add photos of their purchases, they just show as generic icons. Is it possible to make them show as real thumbnails? Annoys me a lot being an artist. You are in the wrong newsgroup Try here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general&cat=en_US_db03bd1f-73aa-41e1-abfd-27a6e3c352e5&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Marice" <Marice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E96D9300-619C-43C2-8503-17C12A2883CB@microsoft.com... ...

How can a hyperlink be opened by pressing Enter.
In Excel 2003 after inserting a hyperlink to open a picture file stored in the local drive the user needs to be able to open the file by pressing Enter on the cell that contains the hyperlink rather than by clicking on it with the mouse. This feature is enable in Excel 2000 but it the not work in 2003. (the file type or location does not matter). In short, how can a hyperlink be opened by pressing Enter in Excel 2003. Thank you in advance for your help, Carolina I think that this went away in xl2002. You could send a message to mswish@microsoft.com asking for this to come back. Carol...

Embedded Word Document
Hi, I have got an excel sheet with an embedded word document within it. I have a problem when it comes to printing out the sheet. If the user has type information into the embedded word document and it has gone over two or more pages, only the first page gets printed. Is there a way to get the others printed out? Thanks for any help. pG -- purplegerbil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ purplegerbil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28461 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=4...

how to get rid of Comment [A1] in my documents?
In a 300+ document I occasionally get a long "balloon" type thing with "Comment [A1]" (or other number) in it and I cannot get rid of it, nor do I know what it means. HOW do I get rid of it? I use Word 2003. On the reviewing toolbar (View > Toolbars > Reviewing) Show > Balloons > Check 'never'. Or right click the comment balloon and select 'delete comment'. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gm...

word cannot save or create this file
i have opened a saved doc. When i re-open and edit and then "save as" new name an error: word cannot save or create this file. Check the disk is not full or write protected. This is new, how do i save? -- Browny ...

Word, Excel, PowerPoint, application unexpectedly quit
I'm running OSX 10.2.8 on a PowerBook G4 with 512 MB of RAM. I installed Office X about a week ago and it ran fine. A day ago I launched Word, got the application statup window with logo, and then Word shut down with the cusomary, "The application Word has unexpectedly quit" error message. I get this for Excel and PowerPoint as well, but not Entourage. I've deleted the Microsoft Office folder and reinstalled, and I've downloaded and installed the 10.1.2, 10.1.4, 10.1.5 upgrades, all to no avail. Are there other tactics or reinstall methods I should try to get things runn...

printing emails in outlook (2000/2002)
I am trying to find a simple way to print only the first page of an received email. I cannot seem to figure it out. whether the email is in html, plain or rich text, I cannot print only the first page. any ideas/tricks? thanks davit ...

Cannot compose email in html format only plain text
I have some sort of html problem as I can't insert text into any text boxes in explorer. I also can't highlight text and in outlook I can't enter text into an email in html format, however in plain text I can. I have installed the new XP sp2 update, I have used the detect and repair option in Outlook, I have tried running explorer from another pc on the network on my pc all to no avail. So I am guessing that it is a problem caused externally of explorer and outlook. And I have also ran a fully updated virus check. Any help would be much appreciated as this is driving ...

Copy a word doc to excel and hyperlink data between the 2.
I have a chart on an excel document and a long word document explaining the data in the chart. I would like to place the word document under the chart in excel. Then I would like to hyperlink the data from the chart to specific places in the word document. Help.....I have been trying to figure it out for days. Thank you. ...

Word found no merge fields in your main document.
I have been having good luck with mail merge but have suddenly encountered problem merging Excel data into a word document. All goes well until I elect Entire worksheet. It is at this point, an error? window opens with this message: Word found no merge fields in your main document. Choose the edit main Document butto to insert merge fields into your main document As this may be more a Word problem, I will post in both areas. Here is additional information. I have Office 2000 and XP. Recently working with this same database I created a phone directory. It turns out the data was old and I have...

Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report
In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a memo field in a record. Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional e-mailed information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go? Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually 2-3 pages long. "Help Elimin...

email with an attachment
why does it takes a long time to open or sending an email with an attachments. It there any special setting in Outlook 2000. Thanks. ...

How do you pull up another person's email box?
After my boss gave me sharing permission to his mailbox, how do I pull it up from my computer? Linda, From within your Outlook, select File, then Open, then Other User's Folders. You can take it from there I hope. Linda wrote: > After my boss gave me sharing permission to his mailbox, how do I pull it up > from my computer? you can add it to your profile in tools, accounts, select exchange acct, Change button. More Settings button then add it on the first tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? htt...

bmp files in Excel Hyperlinks open with wrong program
I have a list of tools in Excel, and I have used Excel's hyperlinking feature to allow displaying a picture of the tool by clicking the link. They always open with Paint, regardless of what I do in the "Folder Options >> File Types" box. I have customized the .BMP file type by adding "Edit with Paint" and "Edit with PhotoEditor" entries to the default settings. Does Excel look for the entry actually labeled "Open" or does it just grab the first entry from the list? (in this case, "Edit with Paint" is first, because they are ...

Email Routing Rules
I having some difficulties with email routing in and out of CRM and I'm beginning to wonder if its working as designed and I'm wrongly assuming functionality that does not exist. We are using CRM 4.0 and have selected the email router option, we have not installed the outlook client (yet). If I create an email from within CRM to a client the email is stored in the case and/or client. If the client responds to this email it also ends up in CRM stored under the client and/or case, primarily due to the CRM tracking token. Of course I see this email in my outlook inbox, so I reply...

Outlook 2000, large pst file slow to open or corrupt
Hi, this is a very frustratring problem I hope someone canhelp us with. I've established that the outlook.pst file is either too large of corrupt. I've run scanpst which found no problem, the pst file is 2gb! should this cause a problem? I can't reduce the size of the file, although is will open, it won't let me delete of move anything or even archive - reporting that it can;t access the pst file although I can open it and browse contacts and messages (it's very slow doing this though) How can I reduce the size of this file in another way? See if this info helps: http:...

over-writting on document
I am new to the Publisher world and I am having a problem with a church bulletin I developed. When I enter new information into my document some of the text does not move and the new typing just goes right on top of the old instead of pushing it along (wrapping). What do I do to fix this and why is it doing it? It is making me crazy! Hope You have inadvertently pressed the "insert key", press it again and your troubles will be over. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Hope" <ebenezer@usfamily...

Bug Report
On Mac ----------- Construct linear plot in Excel including: 1. Title 2. X-axis label 3. Y-axis label Copy and Paste into Word Save and send to PC On PC ---------- Open file in Word Notice Y-axis label is gone I'm a Biochemistry student who uses Excel to do lots of number crunching. I use a 1.25G Powerbook G4 with OS X 10.4.3 and the newest version of Office. I copy plots from Excel to Word often when writing reports without any problems. Recently, I've began submitting reports electronically via email and my professor uses a PC. When he opens my files, Y-axis labels are mis...

how to use RichInk control for Mobile word
Hi all, I am trying to view the word documents in Pocket PC. I got some MFC code in the following link. http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/word_embed.html It is doing well for reading Pocket PC 2003 word document (.psw). I tried this to read Mobile word ( Word document for WM 5.0).It showing some same invalid data for any input. If anybody has idea on it please help me.. Thank you, Supriya. ...

Selecting data in Excel or word pad, shortcuts
Curious if there are any shortcut keys to select a group of data. For example, I'd like to put the cursor in a spot, hold the shift key and search for a word and have everything selected between the original cursor position and the word I search for. This seems pretty basic but I can't figure it out. I know of the standard shortcuts (control *, Shift and arrows, shift and page.....) but what about shift and find? Thanks very much for any help! P.S. Maybe somebody has a different way to handle this. I'm downloading data that is bigger than standard excel (maybe 150,000 lines...

Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error
Hi there, One of my corporate users is experiencing an odd issue producing an error message when attempting to save a Word 2007 document. 1. User has the pre-existing (not new) document open and clicks the save button. 2. In what seems to be a random occurrence, the document will bring up a "Save As" dialog box asking him where to save, as if Word forgot where the document is already saved! Odd thing is, it shows the proper location where the file already exists. 3. User will choose the same location and replace the file. Sometimes it will overwrite and save prope...

How to record a macro to automatically format a picture in Word 20
Hi, I'm stuck here at 2AM trying to figure out how to create a macro that will: copy a PowerPoint slide, paste into a Word document as a JPEG, then format the picture so it's recolor to grayscale, resize to 2.06 x 2.75 dimensions It seems to macro does not record the actual formatting portion of the process! HELP please. ...