Bullet won't move using tab (Word 07 on XP)

I have a user who turns on bullets, types, enters, and hits tab to get a
sub-bullet.  However, only the text is affected by the tab.  The bullet
doesn't move or change.  She can use her outline toolbar, but would like to
use the tab key.  Any thoughts?

Thanks, Lisa

This was answered in the past.  Sorry.  I searched for it and it never came
up.  Since I wrote it, I know the title, so I'm confused by that.  Anyway,
problem solved.

"LisaK" wrote:

> I have a user who turns on bullets, types, enters, and hits tab to get a
> sub-bullet.  However, only the text is affected by the tab.  The bullet
> doesn't move or change.  She can use her outline toolbar, but would like to
> use the tab key.  Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks, Lisa
Note that searching the Microsoft web interface may not work very well.
Also, if you have been using the e-mail notification, that is probably
broken as well. :-(

It will be easier to view newsgroups via an NNTP newsreader such as Outlook
Express or via Google groups at http://groups.google.com/grphp?hl=en-us.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LisaK" <LisaK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This was answered in the past.  Sorry.  I searched for it and it never
> came
> up.  Since I wrote it, I know the title, so I'm confused by that.  Anyway,
> problem solved.
>
> "LisaK" wrote:
>
>> I have a user who turns on bullets, types, enters, and hits tab to get a
>> sub-bullet.  However, only the text is affected by the tab.  The bullet
>> doesn't move or change.  She can use her outline toolbar, but would like
>> use the tab key.  Any thoughts?
>>
>> Thanks, Lisa

0
Stefan

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

NNTP move to Exchange?
Hi, I'm having a problem with getting a NNTP feed from a INND 2.2.1 server to Exchange 2003; are there any known issues here? Has anyone done this type of migration before? What issues did you encounter? It seems as if Exchange just wants to pull down a few of the groups (of which we have over 100 internal) and even with that, not even pull all of the messages in from those few groups (it usually gets a few hundred messages). I'm using the basic NNTP wizards but everything looks to be configured correctly. Thanks, Dan ...

Hiding sheet tab names
I created an automated workbook where I need to keep the sheet tab name hidden from the user. I went into Tools-Options-View and unchecke Sheet Tabs. Then I protected the workbook and the sheet yet the use can still go into Tools-Options-View and re-check the Sheet Tabs t view them again. How do I lock the user out of viewing the sheet tabs? :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use the "very hidden" property that prevents users from viewing hidden worksheets without using VBA: Dim ws2 As Worksheet For Each ws2 In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets If w...

XP Install
I'm going to do a major upgrade (Processor, Vid Card, RAM) along with an initial install of XP where a Linux distro now resides. Could someone provide a link giving me the process I should follow to successfully complete the upgrade ?? --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- On 06/20/2010 04:52 AM, Dilly Dally wrote: > I'm going to do a major upgrade (Processor, Vid Card, RAM) along with an initial install of XP where a Linux distro now resid...

Just Testing 09-07-07
Just Testing please ignore -- Jim Bunton ...

copy does not work in word 2003

IE8 on XP SP3
Help, All of a sudden I've lost my IE8 toolbar, favorites, etc. (Tried Alt+f, & Alt t to do a reset...won't do it). Can't download ANYTHING now from MS or any other site....which means I can't install safari or any thing from another manufacturer, if can manuver from site to site on IE 8 but still can't download any thing from their sites. I have alternatively trid to turn of MS firewall and/or Norton's firewall thinking that the setting were getting the way..no luck. Can't uninstall IE8 can't adjust it or repair it. Any suggestions woul...

Not using zeros in graphing.
I have a running workbook that has tons of information. I have added a sum page in order to have all the data summed up in one simple place. I have formulas that read back into the workbook to link to a cell. Depending on what moth it is, that cell could be empty as it is a yearly wookbook. For example, if this is August, then there is information in the workbook up to August, but none after. With that said, the sum page has the #DIV/0! in the cell which essentially equals zero. I also have graphs that I have linked to this sum page. My problem is in order to keep the graphs up to...

Excel 12-06-07
How do I split a text line into two or more lines? -- spørger On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 01:46:02 -0800, ladyhund <navn@discussions.com> wrote: >How do I split a text line into two or more lines? Hit ctrl-enter where you want the line break, at least in Access (the subject of this newsgroup). If you want an Excel-specific answer, please scroll down the list of subject areas and post in an Excel group. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

using vba so search multiple Sheets

DPM and VMM on same server using side-by-side SQL installation
Windows 2008 Std R2 Server, 64bit VMM 2007 is currently installed (with the built-in default database) SQL 2005 Express Edition, SP3, 32bit. I was advised by Microsoft that both VMM and DPM could be installed on the same server (small DR environment) The VMs are hosted on a Windows 2008 Enterprise Server w/ VS2005R2 - because the hardware didn't support HyperV. VMM works great to manage the Windows 2008 VS2005R2 Host running Win2K3 server instances ... after lots of trial and error. Now, I need to install DPM 2007 onto the same server... DPM wants to install the 64bit vers...

Outlook 2002 (XP) Holidays for 2006
How do you get the holidays added to your outlook calender for 2006? When I do the Holiday Add-in under options it says it can only add holidays for years 2001 - 2005. Is there anyway to add the 2006 holidays? Thanks in advance. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Lisa Beach asked: | How do you get the holidays added to your outlook calender for 2006? | When I d...

Use a VBA Macro inside an Excel Cell

Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats. If you've fixed the number of digits using only number formats, the values remain numeric, and they should chart just fine. This means selecting the range, going to the Formatting menu and selecting Cells, and on the Number tab, selecting Number in the category list, and setting a number of digits. I'm not familiar with a "fixed function". I...

Can DrawFrameControl() draw XP style controls?
My application supports XP style controls. But I found the DrawFrameControl() can not draw XP style controls in my application. Can I draw XP style controls? ...

slow sync with Calendar using Kyocera 7135 via Outlook 2003
I'm stuck and need help. I have a Two Day Old Brand New Dell Dimension 4600. Does anyone out there know what to do when Outlook 2003 is giving a Log report that reads that Outlook Calendar - Slow Sync synchronization failed? This is a first time occurence for me. Outlook also reported that a device is trying to get access to my E- Mail addresses which may indicate a Virus may be present. I've run my McAfee Virus Protection and it didn't detrect anything. I'm at my wits end and don't know what else to do. Can anybody help? ...

Stop changing of languages in Word 2003 when typing letter.
While typing a letter in Word 2003 it changed from English to what looked like Arabic language. I have rebooted 3 times and started over and still the same occurs. I even copied what I had in English to an email in Yahoo and sent it to myself and rebooted. Came back to that same email and copied it to a new email that I started to myself, and when I started typing it would only type in what looked like Arabic language. This happened to me once a couple of weeks ago, but never occurred again till now. What do I do? In the Language dialog box, turn off the option to autom...